Newton-Wellesley Hospital Employee Reviews

Efficient Unit Coordinator focused on providing the administrative needs of the healthcare team work. Entered orders on the Meditech system.
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Newtown, MAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Work provides excellent benefits, intelligent working environment, career with possibility of advancement, tuition reimbursement, exercise classes on campus, excellent affordable meals at employee cafeteria.
Cons: Chances of exposing to pathogens.
A typical day at work started by checking the patients diet at Meditech, and print it out the patient list according to the 36 beds at USEN 6. Checked in with the Charge Nurse for any immediate needs. Print out patients orders for out of the floor day tests and checked with the transport department. Checked with appropriate RN on patients list of admission and discharge.

At NWH I learned to work as a team in a fast paced environment. I learned compassion and support. I enjoyed learning about healthcare and be resourceful to patients and their families as needed.

The hardest part of the my job as a Unit Coordinator was when I felt I could not be of help to the healthcare team. English is my second language, and when healthcare providers are very busy with critical cases it was hard for them to understand me. I did not know how to make it better at that time. That is the reason I am applying only for the second/evening shifts which is much more calm.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to feel part of the healthcare team, to hear a thank you note from my co-workers, and learn how to contribute for their success in taking care of their patients.

Newton-Wellesley Hospital is a place to learn and work well giving back to the community. The staff, co-workers, managers, physicians, and surgeons are supportive and understandable of the entire NWH employee community.

I appreciate the working team, and I am thankful for the seven years I worked at USEN 6.
All in all, this was an enjoyable place to work. I like to be busy, and this job certainly fit the bill! I didn't like down times.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Newton, MAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: The management kindly gave me my own office, and I eventually became a supervisor of radiology transcription, I was eventually allowed to work 3 days at home, which turned into the whole work week, I was given paid time off to get married, The food in the cafeteria was exceptional.
Cons: When I got back from my very short honeymoon, my boss had give my office to someone else, there were no breaks, most people just ate on the run, sometimes there was confusion as to who was doing which report.
A typical day for me was grabbing some coffee and something to eat, and getting to my reports right away. If any kind of problem came up I would either go to my boss or to the radiologist, as instructed. I typed reports most of the day.
Good place
CNA (Current Employee), Newton. MAMay 19, 2015
Overall NWH is a good place to work, but as CNA's we are not treated fairly and there isn't enough workers to help with the busyness of the hospital.
Community minded hospital
Sleep Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Newton, MAFebruary 28, 2015
Despite being part of the larger Partners Healthcare Organization Newton-Wellesley Hospital is a community hospital that cares for it's population of patients as family members.

During my time there I was able to grow and advance my career.
Great hospital, excellent environment, wonderful area.
Nurse Educator (Current Employee), Newton, MAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: environment
I have worked at NWH for 26 years as staff and as an educator. it is a wonderful community hospital with excellent services and a committment to excellence.
I liked working here
Clinical Nurse II Labor and Delivery (Former Employee), Newton, MAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good place to work, go co-workers
Cons: like any nursing job no guarantee of breaks
I worked 3-11pm. Those hours worked well for me. I liked the way the unit was run for the most part and the staff was great.
Great Hospital:
Web Designer/Developer/Editor (Former Employee), Newton, MAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great hospital, great and caring people.
Cons: it's in anothe state.
I loved working for Newton-Wellesley Hospital. If I was still in Massachusetts I might still be working there.
Work with every trade felt like a important part of the team
HVAC & Refrigeration Technician (Former Employee), Newton, MANovember 22, 2014
Pros: believed in me at 18 years old to give me a chance
I started in engineering as a maintenance mechanic. I work with every trade, learn plumbing, electrical, HVAC all trades. Eventual it helped me decide where i wanted to go. In fact it was the Director Of Engineering that pushed me to get my HVAC license. During a annual review She told that I should take my experience and move on to a more important roll and that is how i ended up where i am today.

This was the greatest place to work and learn
excellent company
Telecommunications Operator (Current Employee), Brighton, MAOctober 10, 2014
Daily tasks include regular switchboard duties by directing internal and external calls to the proper personell and/or department. the teamwork overall in the hospital is a proactive and caring one.
Reputable Organization.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Newton, MAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: isolated.
Fast Paced hospital always striving for patient satisfaction. Many departments have high ratio of female to male employees.
Labor & Delivery
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Wellesley, MAJuly 11, 2014
I personally had a very positive opinion of N-W Hospital, until I worked there. The hospital was a good place but the issues I ran into were around personal relationships and, as the new part-time guy, I took the heat for anything that went wrong anywhere in the unit, whether I was involved or not. I enjoyed being part of Labor & Delivery but I was very glad that the opportunity at Boston Medical Center came my way when it did.
Fast pace work place
GENERAL MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Former Employee), Newton, MAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: making sick people happy
Cons: short staffed second shift
I was second shift so I would carrie a pager. A lot of customer service so I had to deal with a lot of sick people. My co workers were fun to work with. The hardest part of the day was trying to handle a lot of calls at once.
A solid workplace.
Medical Laboratory Assistant / Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Newton, MAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: wage increases are few and far between
A well-established hospital, very professional and conscious of their employees welfare.
awesome place
Surgical Tech (Current Employee), Newton,MaDecember 6, 2013
Pros: close to my house
Cons: none at the moment
Makes you want to go to work. Great people and staff. Love it, great Nurses and Surgeons also.
Productive work environment
Medical Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Newton, MANovember 20, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: distance
Fast paced. Great Pathologists to work with. Exceptional patient care. Beautiful Hospital.
Enjoyable place to work
Medical Lab Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Newton, MAJune 24, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: management
I enjoyed drawing blood for my patient and hearing how comfortable they were
TOP 100 HOSPITAL
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Newton, MAMay 5, 2013
NWH has been rated in the top 100 hospitals for many years. It has also been rated as one of the best places to work numerous times. I love my job!

Excellent benefits including healthcare/dental/retirement planning.
Great
Nurse Practitioner Assistant (Former Employee), Newton, MAApril 17, 2013
I loved working with a Nurse Practitioner. This job inspired me to change my major to Nursing. I helped the NP by filling out forms to test biological samples, prepping her examination room between patients, filing patient documents, escorting patients from the waiting room to her office, and taking notes during her appointments. The hardest part of the job was retaining the amount of medical information because I had not yet completed a year in the Nursing major. However, my favorite part of the job was learning everything she could teach me about the OB/GYN department.
One great employer.
Department Coordinator (Former Employee), Newton, MAJanuary 21, 2013
The company values their employees.
Enjoyable tasks, assignments, and projects.
Long lasting work relationships.
This place is a joke, very unprofessional
Supervisor (Former Employee), Newton, MAOctober 3, 2012
Pros: no ambition, no desire to excel
Cons: poor incompetent management, poor morale...
Very poor management, preferential treatment, discrimination, and multiple JCAHO violations. They send staff to studer conferences, and when the staff returns and tries to implement what they've learned as they're told to, they get shut down by management. Really puts a damper on employee morale. Employees are not treated fair, and when they try to go above and beyond their daily responsibilities they're reprimanded rather than commended. I don't recommend applying for this position because you'll find out in less than a month exactly what I'm talking about. Management just doesn't care, and it really makes you feel under appreciated as an employee. This place is known for letting their best employees go and keeping the underachievers around. Very sad but a 100% true evaluation of this facility. The employees are scared to speak up, and aren't appreciated at all. Management has way too much authority and not enough experience.

January 27, 2013

I used to work in this department and I couldn't agree more with the previous comment. The manager is a beast to work for, very much a business person first and human second. Its a very toxic environment most days due to the staff and managerial separation. Nothing is ever good enough, which is a good thing but when perfection is accomplished they ask for more. The manager doesn't care for the employees as people and the majority of the time you don't know the mood you will encounter. After leaving I have realized what it means to work in a environment where you are treated as equal and praised for the good work you do on a daily basis. I have personally witnessed harassment by managerial staff as well as the employees harassing each other. It takes a lot to get fired from here and they let a lot of detrimental nonsense and hostility take place here. I don't recommend working in this specific department. The hospital itself is great and cares for its employees. They are always renovating and giving back to the employees. The manager is the problem in this department, very unprofessional and poor people skills.