Newton Medical Center

Newton Medical Center Employer Reviews

On the phone
Radiology Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Covington, GASeptember 12, 2014
I was responsible for obtaining insurance benefits for patients via insurance co. Answer scheduling calls as needed.
A growing changing atmosphere, enjoyable to be in.
Radiology Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Covington, GAAugust 5, 2014
An overall typical day is busy from the am to pm. Working in the Radiology Department is a very busy environment. Must be able multi-task in a fast pace professional manner.
My overall 10 years working at NMC has taught me a lot about dealing with patients in any type of setting. Meaning a calm, angry, sad, anxious or mad environment. All these types – more... of feeling is in the atmosphere that you have to be able to deal with. In which you can see this as either the hardest part or enjoyable part of your job. Me myself I see it as both.
Working with co-workers on the same page with you makes it that much easier. If not, you do have to adjust and make it work. – less
A good place overall but know what you're getting into
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee), Covington, GeorgiaJuly 22, 2014
Pros: wonderful people
Cons: continuous turnover in upper management and low census
As of this date the hospital issued a letter to all staff explaining that they were looking to perhaps be bought out by a larger hospital because they are not able to compete. A large physician's group was purchased by a competing hospital and now those patients cannot come to Newton Medical Center. There has been a noticeable decline in census since – more... that announcement. Many nurses are being told to stay home when they have been scheduled, mostly PRN.
If you're going to work in the ER you won't have to worry about not having enough work. They are perpetually understaffed and over worked.
A great bunch of nurses there. New management of the ER started mid July 2014 and I sincerely hope she has a steady hand and a strong heart.
The hospital has a good group of people overall but I'm not sure how long the institution can remain independent in this economy. – less
Close to home
Registrar (Current Employee), Covington, GAJuly 20, 2014
Decent job and close to home. Love people that I work with. Short lunch breaks and have to be in your position 6 months before gaining any time off privileges.
busy and busy
Housekeeper (Former Employee), hutchinson ksJuly 12, 2014
it was good, everyone loved seeing you come in, because we made a good team. I learned how to work well with others at that job, management there respected you. sometimes it was hard to get the work done on time but we made it happen.
Very good place to work.
Out-Patient Admitting Clerk (Former Employee), Newton, KSJune 21, 2014
Pros: you could trade weekends with someone if you needed off
Cons: emergency room would get busy and there were only two people working.
Newton Medical Center is a very good place to work. There were places you could advance to within the department or the hospital.
Our manager was there to help with any problems and was willing to help out if someone was gone.
In the morning I would check patients in for out-patient procedures and then in the afternoon go to the emergency room and check – more... in patients there. So an employee wasn't doing the same thing all day. – less
good environment
Volunteer Nursing Internship (Former Employee), Covington, GAJune 4, 2014
it was a great experience, I learned a lot and was able to see a lot. The information I learned about helped me in my Nursing class.
A Team Players
Charge RN (Orthopedics/Surgical) (Current Employee), Covington, GAApril 30, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere!
Cons: short on staffing - a little overworked
I love this place! Only looking for a full time position, which they don't currently have available.
LPN (Former Employee), Monroe, GAApril 29, 2014
ER Duties, care for emergencies,or sick aor injured people. Qualifed ER Physcians
Community hospital, with a family atmosphere and strong community ties.
Manager, Cardio-Pulmonary (Former Employee), Newton, NJApril 19, 2014
Pros: community hospital
Newton Medical center is a community hospital, with a family atmosphere and strong community ties. Both patient and staff live in the same community. You work beside experience healthcare professionals who take PRIDE in the profession and hospital.
ENJOYABLE ATMOSPHERE
ACCOUNTS SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Covington, GAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: in office with nurses
WORKING WITH NURSES FOR IMMEDIATE QUESTION AND ANSWERS
USING THE OASIS PROGRAM
Great place to work, HR and Managment are excellent
Scanner technologist (Former Employee), Covington, GAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits, work environment, excellent management and hr
Cons: none really, small hospital so advancement could be limited
Newton Medical is a great small hospital to work for. They have very competitive pay and benefits with the larger hospital systems and the atmosphere of a small hospital. Very rewarding place to work.
great place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Covington, GAFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: easy to work with scheduling
co-workers all work together as a team, no back-stabbing and all are super therapists
Very patient oriented, professional and caring work environment.
Office Manager (Current Employee), Newton, KSJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: excellent administration and support resources.
This job consisted of multiple duties: office management, patient care, staffing and medical corporate compliance.
New owners ruin company
Transport Services (Former Employee), Newton, NJSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: great benefits
The Hospital was doing fine no matter how much they told us it wasn't. In Transport department it was always busy and the nurses and doctors treated us poorly, requesting outrageous things that were unbelievably outside of our job description and were forced to just do it or we would get in trouble. After another company bought the hospital and took – more... over the number of people in charge doubled and it was as if I had 5 bosses instead of just 1. – less
Weekends at Newton
Weekend Supervisor (Current Employee), Covington, GAAugust 21, 2013
Pros: we each share from our lives from our problems to our snacks.
Cons: the only con is we dont really have a set time for lunch but we always work it in.
We are a tight group on the weekends at the Newt as we like to call it. We each have our own lives and we let each other vent as needed but do our job as we were trained to do. Its long days that seem to go on forever but we have each other and we know we can be ourselves and not be judged. Just dont forget to bring the snacks!
A typical day at work
Financial Counselor / CWS Scheduler / C. S. Rep (Current Employee), Covington, GAAugust 4, 2013
Pros: satisfaction that comes with helping to make the patients experience a positive one.
Sort through patient face sheets containing demographic and insurance info - putting them in priority order based on date of service - then proceed to call the patient to do a telephone registration using the Meditech computer to review the detailed instructions for their upcoming tests and verify their demographic information and make the needed updates. – more... I also go over their insurance benefits and negotiate how much money (deductibles and copays owed) they will be putting down toward their upcoming tests and surgical procedures. Communicate with the patient's doctors regarding the urgency of their tests and medical procedures.

Constantly communicating with our department's health insurance specialists to get clarity on the patients benefits before calling the patients. – less
Medical
Outpatient Registrar (Former Employee), Covington, GAJanuary 16, 2013
I liked working here, but the supervisor was having a lot of health issues and not consistent.
Fun and Caring workplace
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Newton, NJNovember 20, 2012
Pros: co workers, insurance
Cons: short breaks when able to get break
Everyone here is very friendly and very caring. The floors here work as a team and we all do everything we can to help eachother.
Great family style environment
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Newton, NJOctober 25, 2012
Pros: good culture, good people to work with
Great place to work with good benefits. Small business culture.