Newton Medical Center Employee Reviews

Typical day at work
Registrar (Current Employee), Newton, KSJuly 28, 2015
Check people in
Enter their personal information into the system
Take any co-pays needed
Page doctors
Check charts
Answer phones
Great group of people to work with
Office Administrator – Internship (Former Employee), Covington, GAJuly 16, 2015
I learned a lot about health administration in a short amount of time. The ladies in the office were really great to work with.
Not so busy workplace....
QI Manager/Marketer/Casemanager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Great patient population
Cons: overall poor planning
Newton has some good employees. The home health dept. felt more like a family, at times.

I learned a lot during my tenure at Newton. I missed the consistent staff education and marketing seen in other home health companies.
A tremendous learning experience
Unit Representative (Former Employee), Newton, NJJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Wonderful organization to work very fair to employees with outstanding benefits
Cons: Holidays, not that you had to work it, but telling your family that we need to work around your schedule
My typical day usually started slow with time for me to prepare our unit for the hectic day ahead ie, gathering reports, assigning nurses to patients; assigning nurse phones, etc. It was the type of position that I told everyone that I trained that I learned something new every day. It was extremely multitasking and the days went fast. I enjoyed learning about diagnosis, tests, results, just for my own wealth of knowledge. I enjoyed interacting with all the physicians, managers, nurses, food services, transport Every day was different though the same position. Never could guarantee what to expect. Loved what I did and I believe it showed to all.
Very Hard Work Great Coworkers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Newton, KSJune 10, 2015
Was an amazing job until they underwent management overhaul. Now they are so focused on saving money they are willing to sacrifice patient safety to compete with big hospitals.The workers are suffering do to budget cuts and nurse overload. The Nurses are awesome and by far the most knowledgeable and personable staff I've ever worked with.
High paced medical work enviornment utilizing problem solving skills while mainting positive attitude with all patients and co-workers
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee), Newton, NJApril 30, 2015
Pros: team work in the lab
Cons: n/a
Accountability to execute doctor orders by obtaining lab specimens from patients within the hospital as well as outpatient settings. The ability to think critically and prioritize for what is best for the patient is challenging at times. The most rewarding part is being an integrative member in patient care. What I learned is to ask questions when in doubt and to not doubt myself, and do the best job I am qualified to do. Management has been exceptional in thoroughly executing tasks with various laboratory specimens at a high volume.
Productive medical facilty, benefits good
Human Resources Clerk (Former Employee), Newton, KSApril 19, 2015
Pros: good benefits, good future
Cons: not much advancement unless further college
Daily work was not mundane, it was changing with each patient; learned to be patient and assist people of every walk of life; management is good mostly some areas do not always give professionalism in their job; co-workers were good; hardest part of job was being unemotional at times in the emergency room; best part was helping people and making a difference in their lives.
Admin team and managers are horrible
Director of Patient Financial Services (Former Employee), Covington, GAApril 6, 2015
Good old boy system. The CEO has lead this hospital since BC and he runs it like a dictatorship along with his puppy dog, CFO. Stay clear of this place, not a good place to work.
Amazing Coworkers & Management
CNA (Current Employee), Newton, KSFebruary 28, 2015
The Outpatient Care Unit has some of the best coworkers & management an employee could ask for! I believe that I have improved greatly as a CNA & as an employee overall because of my supervisor, Emily. When I need correcting, she discusses it in an appropriate manner that really shows that she cares. I make a purpose to be a better employee because of how much I respect her as a boss & as a very smart nurse as well!
Private hospital. Majority of Employees work well together
Echo Technician (Current Employee), Covington, GAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: pay roll deductions (etc. cafeteria, gift shop, vendor sales)
Cons: insurance
A typical work day at Newton Medical Center can be either mild to moderately paced. Co-workers in my department work well with each other. Management have an open door policy and try to resolve any issues and concerns. The hardest and most enjoyable part of my specific job is that I work alone.
great co workers
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Newton,ksJanuary 5, 2015
I learned alot about preop/post op surgical patients. My co workers are wonderful. The hardest part of the job is the hours. One week you can have any hours of overtime and the next week only work half your scheduled hours.
Customer Service/ Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Covington, GANovember 16, 2014
Pros: security
Cons: short breaks
Typical day a work was registering patient. My team was awesome and management was great.
Room for improvement
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Covington, GANovember 10, 2014
Pros: great family atmosphere among staff
Cons: too busy for meal/bathroom breaks, no incentive to staff to work overtime, always working short staffed
This emergency department is in desperate need of expansion. Other hospitals with twice as many rooms and nurses are seeing the same amount of patients per year. Staff is great but the nurses are overworked and underpaid. To be a healthcare facility, the insurance coverage is lacking. Another co-worker stated that the insurance does not cover well child care (although I did not verify that)!
unappreciated
Medical Assistant -5 offices (Former Employee), Covington, GASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: employees are good to work with, like family
Cons: cant keep doctors to stay
billing department doesn't follow through on anything, er doctors not in network yet they want me to use newton medical center er. pharmacy doesn't have meds in stock have to order will get next day, not so good if you have surgery and in pain. doctors keep leaving so full time employees get laid off , while floater employees are still employeed.
On the phone
Radiology Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Covington, GASeptember 12, 2014
I was responsible for obtaining insurance benefits for patients via insurance co. Answer scheduling calls as needed.
A growing changing atmosphere, enjoyable to be in.
Radiology Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Covington, GAAugust 5, 2014
An overall typical day is busy from the am to pm. Working in the Radiology Department is a very busy environment. Must be able multi-task in a fast pace professional manner.
My overall 10 years working at NMC has taught me a lot about dealing with patients in any type of setting. Meaning a calm, angry, sad, anxious or mad environment. All these types of feeling is in the atmosphere that you have to be able to deal with. In which you can see this as either the hardest part or enjoyable part of your job. Me myself I see it as both.
Working with co-workers on the same page with you makes it that much easier. If not, you do have to adjust and make it work.
A good place overall but know what you're getting into
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee), Covington, GeorgiaJuly 22, 2014
Pros: wonderful people
Cons: continuous turnover in upper management and low census
As of this date the hospital issued a letter to all staff explaining that they were looking to perhaps be bought out by a larger hospital because they are not able to compete. A large physician's group was purchased by a competing hospital and now those patients cannot come to Newton Medical Center. There has been a noticeable decline in census since that announcement. Many nurses are being told to stay home when they have been scheduled, mostly PRN.
If you're going to work in the ER you won't have to worry about not having enough work. They are perpetually understaffed and over worked.
A great bunch of nurses there. New management of the ER started mid July 2014 and I sincerely hope she has a steady hand and a strong heart.
The hospital has a good group of people overall but I'm not sure how long the institution can remain independent in this economy.
Close to home
Registrar (Current Employee), Covington, GAJuly 20, 2014
Decent job and close to home. Love people that I work with. Short lunch breaks and have to be in your position 6 months before gaining any time off privileges.
busy and busy
Housekeeper (Former Employee), hutchinson ksJuly 12, 2014
it was good, everyone loved seeing you come in, because we made a good team. I learned how to work well with others at that job, management there respected you. sometimes it was hard to get the work done on time but we made it happen.
Very good place to work.
Out-Patient Admitting Clerk (Former Employee), Newton, KSJune 21, 2014
Pros: you could trade weekends with someone if you needed off
Cons: emergency room would get busy and there were only two people working.
Newton Medical Center is a very good place to work. There were places you could advance to within the department or the hospital.
Our manager was there to help with any problems and was willing to help out if someone was gone.
In the morning I would check patients in for out-patient procedures and then in the afternoon go to the emergency room and check in patients there. So an employee wasn't doing the same thing all day.