Newton Public Schools Employee Reviews

Overall great community of learners
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAMarch 11, 2017
My experience has been overall positive. The teachers and administration are generally supportive and friendly. Teachers provide a positive, creative, and effecive learning environments. Students really seem to enjoy coming to school! One area of need for the school I work in is the special education department is very disjointed. They need to be more approachable, and follow up with employees when concerns are expressed. Staff report to too many supervisors which is confusing. Their focus should be geared towards modeling, and discussing their expectations rather than solely pointing out implementation flaws with no feedback provided. Overall, it is a great place to work.
Pros
Friendly, hard working staff, can advance, great families and students, supportive administration, great learning environment for students
Cons
Special education team need to be more cohesive, provide positive feedback, learning opportunities to correct errors
Good Public School
Special Education Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMarch 2, 2017
Great public school system. Very large district. Good support from staff and teachers. Worked in special education and felt that it was a strong educational community.
Pros
compensation
Cons
large district
worked there for 33 year was a good place to work and the staff was hard working
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, MSJanuary 30, 2017
It was and still is a wonderful place to work. The staff in the central office where I was they were professional. We were a family that helped each other. We had paper work and deadlines to deal with all the time. The Superintendent was very professional. Overall in my years we all got along and did our jobs.
Pros
good retirement, great holidays
Cons
couldnt have everybody
It was nice to work with good people.
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Newton County, TXNovember 14, 2016
I would get there in the morning and help make breakfast (stock coolers) Then we would serve breakfast. Then clean up (wash dishes) and then get ready for lunch. After we served lunch we would clean up ( wash dishes, sweep, mop, take out trash) then get ready for the next morning.
Pros
Good people
Cons
I was a sub so i never knew if or when i worked until that morning
MIddle School
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAJune 23, 2016
I enjoyed my time working in the middle school program. I enjoyed the inclusion program and working with students to increase their speech and language skills to access the middle school curriculum.
Enjoy working with children with a disability
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton, NJApril 18, 2016
I enjoy the environment and working with the students, however, there is no room for advancement as my degree is in social work.
Pros
Hours, children
Cons
Pay
great job for semi retired
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Newton, KSNovember 29, 2015
never had any problems with the school system or the kids great place to be if there was more hours available. The management was great and never questioned the safety of the kids or the driver.
Pros
hometime
Cons
lack of hours
Enjoyable, good working community
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 27, 2015
I enjoy working here. The kids are easy to build a rapport with. I have learned more about the education field since working here. Co-workers are easy to get along with and the hours are great!
Large district
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAJune 14, 2015
Dynamic programming, exceptional teachers, and staff. This district continually pushes educators to be the best at what we do. Unique within buildings
Pros
Large district, mentorship program
Quality education for children with special needs
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMarch 15, 2015
Providing direct instruction to children with special needs. Incredibly rewarding yet very challenging at the same time.
Excellence in teaching K-12
Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 11, 2014
Morning:
Classes K-6 at elementary school
Afternoon:
Classes 7-12 afternoon

Working knowledge of children and development appropriate lessons throughout K-12.
Acute organization of materials and curriculum always provided..

Most difficult part of the job was time management; ie. getting from one place to another.

Most enjoyable part of job was the children.

Collegiality and people skills needed to interact effectively with varied staff, parents at more than one school
Pros
Art room beginning and end ofyear time for room and inventory set up.
Cons
no cons
ok
Classroom Aide (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 22, 2013
i thought it was Ok. I just didn't see much for advancement or really, pay. I was always broke. Everyone was nice though. Newton Parents are great at my school - not at others.
Professional, friendly environment with many learning opportunities
School Psychology Intern (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 12, 2012
The teachers and staff that I worked with in the Newton Public Schools were very professional and friendly. I had the opportunity to learn through hands-on practice.
Assisted in 2nd grade classrooms
Second Grade Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 30, 2012
Early teaching experience with two second grade classrooms. I learned how to run a successful classroom from a veteran teacher and a second year teacher. I also worked closely with special education students as well as special needs students.
Pros
running a successful classroom, colleagues
Cons
compensation, no job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newton Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5