Newton Wellesley Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

great benefits
Or Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  newton, maJune 5, 2016
I am not a clinician. I can say that I like my work, I enjoy my position which is often busy. The compsenation wage isnt great and always get the standard 2 % raise. However I am their for the health benefits are worth it.
Pros
free parking
Cons
clicks
Very fast pace.
Food Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAJanuary 25, 2016
Joy to work at NWH, shifts went by quickly, always working and moving. Great management and staff. Brought food trays but to the patients, as well as worked on a food tray line.
productive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 4, 2016
I worked for one month as volunteer in physical therapy department. it is so good experience working as volunteer,very friendly work place.
fun and productive place to work
Mental Health Worker, Per-Diem (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAOctober 20, 2015
It has a great bunch of very professional people to work and inter act with on a daily bases. Management open to new ideas.
Pros
NWH does through out the year team building
Cons
travel time
Team players
Administrative Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Newton WellesleyDecember 16, 2015
A typical day is busy and rewarding, helping patients and provided excellent service. The Doctors are knowledgeable and great with the patients.
Pros
lunch
Cons
healthcare
Friendly professional atmosphere.
3rd Engineer Boiler Room (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAJune 10, 2015
A typical day at work starts out with relieving previous operator and exchanging information about his shift. I then start my tour of the plant and other duties. I learned that this is a great hospital to work for! The management is very good communicating their needs and my co-workers are friendly, professional engineers. The hardest part of the job is going home at the end of my shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others.
Pros
Friendly professional enviroment.
Cons
Only a per diem position.
Great Hospital to work for
Patient Care Assistant-PACU, Day Surgery, PRE-OP (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 8, 2014
Great staff and benefits. Positive place to work. I would take my family here.
learning major part of atmosphere
Physician Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Newton MAAugust 16, 2015
-worked with wide variety of providers with large emphasis on learning
- found passion in Neurology rotation as well as Primary Care
- hardest part was balancing hours with studying and regular life needs
Pros
free lunches, conferences, some great mentors
Cons
emphasis mainly on medical students/residents
Small community teaching hospital with strong core values and missions
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 8, 2013
Newton-Wellesly was a wonderful place to work with a strong team atmosphere and a determination to keep patients satisfied. This hospital held true to it's mission statement, "Our mission is to treat and care for all our patients and their families as we would a beloved family member," and this made it a great place to work for employees. Working on the oncology unit was diffiuclt, as many sad situations came into play; however, it was humbling to be a part of this care. There was open communitcation between doctors and nurses as well as management, supervisors and educators. This hopsital offered ample amounts of learning opporutnities, and gave employees lots of room to grow and acheive the type of nursing they desire.
Pros
easy to pick up overtime, self schedule
Cons
short breaks, eight hour shifts
Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician while completing degree in Respiratory Care
Certified Respiratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 24, 2013
A lot has changed in the Respiratory Care field since 2000 when I was a Certfied Respiratory Technician working at Newton Wellesley Hospital while attending MassBay Community College in terms of technological innovation and research. However the work ethic of the Department at the time remains the same; a competent, respectful, and responsive approach to others resulted in high quality delivery of Respiratory Care services and customer satisfaction. I believe I posses the skills and experience required for the Registered Respiratory Therapist job opening at Newton Wellesley Hospital. It would bring my goal to resume long term career path as working as an Registered Respiratory Therapist and vital member of the healthcare team. Indeed.
Pros
consistently supports standards of conduct, mission of partners health systems, and patients expectations in terms of excellent care.
Cons
none. willing, ready and able to resume a career in a similar environment!
Caring and engaging unit with many different treatment routes.
First Responder Trainer /Simulation Technician (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 10, 2014
Listen to report of the patients with fellow coworkers, take vital signs of patients, help with daily living skills, de-escalate and talk to patients in individual and group settings. That is a typical day without the other unpredictable moments on a psych unit. I most enjoy working one on one with the patients and allowing them to have their voice be truly heard. I am very patient, open minded, and a team player. My current work environment has prepared me very well for my next challenge.
Clinical Rotation. Left after completing requires hrs by the institution
Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 29, 2013
This rotation was in an inpatients psychiatric unit.
We reported at 7 am to the unit once a week. Listened to reports about the patients. during this rotation i learned ways to approach psych patients, e.g a Schizophrenia, mania/Bipolar and Anxiety disorders e.t.c
The most enjoyable part was talking to the patients and asked them about they disorders.
Pros
ability to have insight of what psych is about.
Cons
have to be on guide most of the time
Staff RN
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newton, MADecember 16, 2014
My day consists of retrieving calls for triage, calling post op patients, giving injections when needed, interviewing new patients, review discharge instructions,review patients chart for refill of medication request to hand off to the provider for approval.
Pros
ability to learn quickly
Cons
commute
Supportive work environment allowing me to feel comfortable and confident.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 3, 2014
Working at NW has been the best experience for me because it has allowed me to learn more than I thought I ever could. Even just being a CNA I am still able to work right by the nurses sides as we provide nursing care to patients together.
Rewarding work with expectant couples
Breastfeeding Instructor (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 10, 2014
Prenatal breastfeeding classes are offered a few times a month at NWH.
The team of educators who work here are dedicated health professionals, who also work in other health-related fields.
Pros
opportunity to influence the postpartum experience of birthing families
Cons
infrequent opportunities
Undecided
Maternal Child Health Post Partum Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  YesNovember 23, 2014
Ramping up for increase in patient volume while trying to give good
safe care.
Fun workplace where everyone worked as a team
Central Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Washington Street, Newton, MADecember 16, 2011
Newton Wellesley was a great workplace. Everyone knew their position, but there was always someone there to help with any issues there may have been. We worked as a great team and knew we could count on each other.
Excellent place
Collaborative Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 1, 2014
Loved working there truly! Everyone seemed happy to work there and were very focused on making a positive environment.
Great hospital environment very friendly and caring
Department Coordinator Spine Center (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 29, 2012
Hospital in general is a great place to work for spine center its self is unorganized.
Pros
hours, time off requests
Cons
unorganized
not a good place to work
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  newton, maMay 26, 2012
i was harrassed due to medical issues to the point where I had to leave. I had a very unprofessional manager who threatened me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newton Wellesley Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4