Newton Wellesley Hospital

Newton Wellesley Hospital Employer Reviews

Undecided
Maternal Child Health Post Partum Staff Nurse (Current Employee), YesNovember 23, 2014
Ramping up for increase in patient volume while trying to give good
safe care.
Supportive work environment allowing me to feel comfortable and confident.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Newton, MANovember 3, 2014
Working at NW has been the best experience for me because it has allowed me to learn more than I thought I ever could. Even just being a CNA I am still able to work right by the nurses sides as we provide nursing care to patients together.
Great Hospital to work for
Patient Care Assistant-PACU, Day Surgery, PRE-OP (Current Employee), Newton, MAOctober 8, 2014
Great staff and benefits. Positive place to work. I would take my family here.
Excellent place
Collaborative Care Assistant (Former Employee), Newton, MAJuly 1, 2014
Loved working there truly! Everyone seemed happy to work there and were very focused on making a positive environment.
clinical expeience
Clinical Experience (Former Employee), Newton, MAMay 22, 2014
great experience here at Newton Wellesley Hospital. Staff was amazing and great help
Rewarding work with expectant couples
Breastfeeding Instructor (Current Employee), Newton, MAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: opportunity to influence the postpartum experience of birthing families
Cons: infrequent opportunities
Prenatal breastfeeding classes are offered a few times a month at NWH.
The team of educators who work here are dedicated health professionals, who also work in other health-related fields.
Caring and engaging unit with many different treatment routes.
First Responder Trainer /Simulation Technician (Current Employee), Newton, MAFebruary 10, 2014
Listen to report of the patients with fellow coworkers, take vital signs of patients, help with daily living skills, de-escalate and talk to patients in individual and group settings. That is a typical day without the other unpredictable moments on a psych unit. I most enjoy working one on one with the patients and allowing them to have their voice be truly heard. I am very patient, open minded, and a team player. My current work environment has prepared me very well for my next challenge.
Great place to work.
PATHOLOGY ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Newton, MAJanuary 17, 2014
Great company. Very helpful, kind compassionate employees. Love direct contact with patients. Managers are great.
Great opportunity to volunteer
Volunteer, Radiology Emergency Room (Former Employee), Newton, MADecember 2, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Great exposure to systems and workflows. Employees are wonderful people.
Good
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 12, 2013
Pros: friendly workers
Cons: boring days
Has very friendly co workers and there knowledgable.. Managers seen easy going willing to help.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Newton, MANovember 8, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: commute
Great team atmosphere with great potential to grow. Most employees employed for over 20 years.
Clinical Rotation. Left after completing requires hrs by the institution
Clinical Rotation (Former Employee), Newton, MAOctober 29, 2013
Pros: ability to have insight of what psych is about.
Cons: have to be on guide most of the time
This rotation was in an inpatients psychiatric unit.
We reported at 7 am to the unit once a week. Listened to reports about the patients. during this rotation i learned ways to approach psych patients, e.g a Schizophrenia, mania/Bipolar and Anxiety disorders e.t.c
The most enjoyable part was talking to the patients and asked them about they disorders.
Small community teaching hospital with strong core values and missions
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee), Newton, MAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: easy to pick up overtime, self schedule
Cons: short breaks, eight hour shifts
Newton-Wellesly was a wonderful place to work with a strong team atmosphere and a determination to keep patients satisfied. This hospital held true to it's mission statement, "Our mission is to treat and care for all our patients and their families as we would a beloved family member," and this made it a great place to work for employees. Working on the oncology unit was diffiuclt, as many sad situations came into play; however, it was humbling to be a part of this care. There was open communitcation between doctors and nurses as well as management, supervisors and educators. This hopsital offered ample amounts of learning opporutnities, and gave employees lots of room to grow and acheive the type of nursing they desire.
nice place to work
Registration Coordinator (Former Employee), Newton, MAAugust 14, 2013
I enjoyed working in the er. It was very fast paced. I enjoyed working with patients
Excellent Place to Work
Nurse (Current Employee), Waltham, MAMay 29, 2013
Great work environment; staff is friendly and helpful, managers are great.
Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician while completing degree in Respiratory Care
Certified Respiratory Technician (Former Employee), Newton, MAFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: consistently supports standards of conduct, mission of partners health systems, and patients expectations in terms of excellent care.
Cons: none. willing, ready and able to resume a career in a similar environment!
A lot has changed in the Respiratory Care field since 2000 when I was a Certfied Respiratory Technician working at Newton Wellesley Hospital while attending MassBay Community College in terms of technological innovation and research. However the work ethic of the Department at the time remains the same; a competent, respectful, and responsive approach to others resulted in high quality delivery of Respiratory Care services and customer satisfaction. I believe I posses the skills and experience required for the Registered Respiratory Therapist job opening at Newton Wellesley Hospital. It would bring my goal to resume long term career path as working as an Registered Respiratory Therapist and vital member of the healthcare team. Indeed.
Productive work place
Volunteer Work (Current Employee), Newton, MAJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: free meal
Communicate with patients
Discharge patients
Assist nurses
Answer call lights
Co-workers are great and helpful
I enjoy team work
Good place to work for, lots of nice people.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Newton, MANovember 7, 2012
Pros: good
Good place to work for, never had a problem always treated me fair.
Great hospital environment very friendly and caring
Department Coordinator Spine Center (Current Employee), Newton, MAAugust 29, 2012
Pros: hours, time off requests
Cons: unorganized
Hospital in general is a great place to work for spine center its self is unorganized.
Great Hospital
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Wellesley, MAAugust 13, 2012
Great place to work. Really good hospital and positive work experience.