Newtown Savings Bank Employee Reviews

Terrible Work Atmosphere
Teller (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, CTApril 22, 2016
Training was not as thorough as it should have been and on-the-job training was even worse. Questions went unanswered and it was difficult to get the help you needed. No clear rules or guidelines for referrals/messages even after asking for clarification and making it up as you go along is never a good option.

Coworkers were friendly but extremely unprofessional. Did not follow documented bank regulations.

Manager was immature and quite frankly, unqualified to be in a management role. Sales were more important than customers--which is not what NSB claims to be. There is a huge disconnect between what the bank states it is-based on it's rich history-and what it is in actuality.
Finance/Banking
Deposit Operations Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTNovember 14, 2012
Management of the IRA and CDARS investment programs including HSA. Processed all Levies, liens and seizures for account holders. Management, reduction and recuperation of Visa Fraud. Heavy phone, e-mail using Outlook and regular mail throughout the day with customers, clients, other financial specialists, internal customers, vendors and management. Heavy usage of Excel for tracking, monitoring and reporting. Heavy usage of Word for internal/external letters and notifications as well as document preparation. Created Training programs for internal and external customers including PowerPoint presentations for various Finance and investment solutions.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
poor advancement
Csr
Teller, Customer Service, Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTOctober 2, 2012
All aspects of banking; including processing loan and mortgage applications/payments, issuing bonds, handling deposits, withdrawals, and cash on a daily basis; Working with customers in person and over the phone. Referring customers to other products and services to meet their needs. Also completed customer service training program
a good start
teller (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTNovember 9, 2015
a good company to get started, but you have to leave the company to advance. it's impossible to move from teller to platform
Pros
entry level experience
Cons
upward mobility
Newtown Savings Bank
Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTDecember 17, 2013
We investigate fraudulent transactions on customers cards. I have learned mostly everything I know about fraud from this company. Management is great, my boss has been my mentor more than my boss. I love my coworkers. Hardest part of my job is not being able to do everything. Working with customers.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Hours
Best full service bank in fairfield county
mortgage loan officer (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTJuly 25, 2012
I've worked for 2 other banks in fairfield county and newtown savings bank is by far the most rewarding and fulfilling place to work. I would recommend NSB to anyone looking for a great work/life balance at a stable company that has been around since 1855.
Fun workplace and many opportunities for advancement.
Loan Servicing Representative (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTJune 12, 2012
This job consisted of a lot of data entry and you were stuck in a cubicle for most of the day. Although I did like the people I worked with, I just know this was not the job for me.
Pros
close to home.
Cons
very low paying job.
Finance/Banking
Back office cubicle work. A nice group of people to work with. Excellent benefits but poor advancement.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
poor advancement
Very involved in the community
Deposit Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTAugust 20, 2012
The employees were great, which made for a comfortable work environment.
Pros
stable environment
Cons
no room to grow
ok place to work
A.V.P. Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTMarch 5, 2013
Ok place to work and hours.
Good benefits.
Company likes to be involve with the community.

Want to know more about Newtown Savings Bank?

Ask a question
wonderful co-workers
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTOctober 15, 2013
great employees
good hours
good benefits
always room for advancement, which is encouraged
Love working here
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Southbury, CtOctober 22, 2012
Challenging and rewarding with a great team structure and room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newtown Savings Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2