NewWave Communications

NewWave Communications Employee Reviews

good job
Installer (Current Employee), Taylorville, ILJanuary 25, 2015
good job, long hours, never know when you will be off. have a company van they pay or the gas and other expences
Learned a lot!
Network Operations Technician (Current Employee), Sikeston, MODecember 16, 2014
Working here provided the opportunity to utilize the skills obtained from attending DeVry University. I've also had the chance to learn and incorporate telecommunication traits into my skill set.
Great Place To Work
Regional Engineer (Current Employee), Dexter MOAugust 29, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Great Place To Work - Bennefits are fair, Good staff , hard working down to earth folks, very customer focused company.
loved this palce
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sikeston, MOJuly 24, 2014
I was able to meet new people everyday and help some start services and help others with their services. I was also able to make sure that payments were made and bills were correct.
Headend Tech/Engineer (Current Employee), Taylorville, ILJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: day shift
Cons: on call 24/7
Everyday is different and you dont know what to expect. But my job is very demanding and Im always learning new things.
Advanced Telecommunication Experience
Technical Operation Manager (Former Employee), Mount Carmel, ILAugust 15, 2013
Newwave is a fast pace Telecommunication operations focused developing a strong fiber optic network for home and Business customer with continued satisfaction.
On typical day would be involved in insuring technical staff was prepared to fulfill their scheduled projects. Would review all construction projects with maintenance and construction staff to insure Business network designs were free of error . Review status monitoring systems with Maintenance Staff to see where if any plant discrepancies would be in need of attention. During the day would continue with monitoring all Staff to insure customer appointments and projects are met and completed to customer satisfaction. Would review with management staff daily insure all projects was on schedule with suggested time lines and met cost perimeters.
Newwave has a strong management staff in that they kept all employee's up to date on events that affected them. Management's Goal was to insure employees were properly trained and had what equipment needed to insure job functions were completed as safe as possible.
Love being able to not be in an office all day but the hours are long and the pay is minimal.
Installation Technician (Current Employee), Taylorville, ILJuly 8, 2013
Pros: take work vehicle home every night.
Cons: never know what time we will get off work each day.
Usually start the day off by going to the office for supplies. Have a route of installs and service calls. Worst part of the job is working in all types of weather and going through crawl spaces. Co-workers are always there to help out when we get overloaded with a route. The best part of this job is making the customers happy and providing them with great service.
This place is a joke
Direct Sales Rep (Former Employee), Westville, ILOctober 18, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: long days, low pay
They expect you to work all hours of the day with little pay. I was sales, and they would keep cutting our commission to the point where I could make more money flipping burgers at McDonalds.
Not a good place to work
Installer Technician, Locater (Former Employee), Sparta, ILSeptember 2, 2012
Cons: everything is bad
The were bad to workers and customers work 16 hr days and no lunches or breaks. Never had anything to finish the jobs with and techs were the ones getting the blame.
It's a paycheck
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee), Westville, ILJuly 17, 2012
Pros: work independently, good customer service
Cons: not a lot of down time, work 12+ hours a day, inadequate training
Opportunities for advancement are few, the amount of money available to be made is excellent however there is a lot of work to be done from home and in the field. Requires a well organized individual without a lot of outside responsibilities. Work will keep you busy from the time you get up until you go to sleep.
Temp Job
Temporary Placement (Former Employee), Fulton, KYJune 7, 2012
Pros: customer service
Cons: temporary
I received this job through Job World. It was a job placement I received for a joba s a fill in.