NewWave Communications Employee Reviews

Never dull
Business Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOJanuary 5, 2017
There is never a dull moment from working with customer to your co workers. There is always something that needs to be done or that you can me doing. The hardest part of this job for me was just doing the job I was designated to do. I like to help and grow in all possible ways and kept my plate full. The most enjoyable part was exceeding the set team and individual goals set personally and my the company.
Benefits
Cons
Little advancement potential
No family time and ridiculous point system
Technical Support/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LADecember 3, 2016
This job had no time for family and the pic t system there is horrible. The supervisors in my particular call center were partial and had their favorites. The call center manager excellent. Several instances of points given when the situation wasn't preventable like the lady who had a seizure at work, was sent by ambulance to the hospital and still got a point.. Find another company
Good company to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brazil, INNovember 3, 2016
It's a very good company to work for, I'm just looking for ways to make more money, I'm a single mom and need the extra income. The president and CEO are very good to work for.
Amazing staff
H.R. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MONovember 2, 2016
Love the job, I was sad that I had to go however I had learned a great deal of things and enjoyed being able to provide the best for the staff. Hardest part of the job was identifying the details in payrolls.
Pros
free food and amazing staff
Cons
company buyout talk.
Working at Newwave
Customer Service Represenative/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 27, 2016
Newwave Communications was my first call center job. I’ve have learned a lot over the year by working here, such as building a relationship with customers, my communication skills, and my ability to resolve any issues the customer may have. My typical day at work is coming to my desk and get prepared to satisfy every customer with any issue that they are having. Management here are the best, they try to be fun in the work environment since all we do is sit and talk. There is nothing hard about working here in my opinion.
Great Co-Workers besides Management Good benefits
SSA (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOAugust 17, 2016
Management is the worst I've ever seen in the Sikeston Callcenter, also management spends more time trying to find ways to terminate employees instead of teaching new ways to excel! This is not a long term job as they always say they are looking for someone else to sell the piece of junk to.
Pros
Easy job besides constant changes (unstable people)
Cons
Director of Operations & Callcenter manager are terrible
not a long term job
tsa agent (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJuly 30, 2016
The job itself is okay but unfortuatle it is a sale company and if you dont meet your goals your gone. or really anything little thing they will fire you. they dont care much for the little people working for them
Great co-workers
Technical Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJuly 27, 2016
Answered telephone calls about technical services problem customers had with their phone, cable, and internet service. Learned more of the technical side of cable service and how to handle customer complaints about issues they were having. Management could have been better and cared a little more about employees. Seemed like they only cared about sales and not about customer service.
Clean work environment but bad management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMay 30, 2016
I was a hard worker and loved all my coworkers but management here was terrible! Promotion or advancement was not based on job performance. Management at this location needs a major overhaul. Hours were long with pay being low. Many times employees were expected to work overtime with no notice.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Bad management, low pay, no training or support for advancement
I enjoyed my co-workers, and pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOMay 12, 2016
The pay was good, but the job including the commute was physically draining. There was madatory overtime that was given daily without prior warning as well.
Pros
commission based bonuses
Cons
The commute was just too far from my home each day, 84 miles round trip.
Over worked - under paid
Agent (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXApril 25, 2016
They expect you to work so much that you get burned out for very little pay. They are not fair with the "raise" they do give you (if you want to call it a raise). You are constantly in fear of losing your job and it's almost impossible to get ahold of management (all communication is done through email).

The techs and certain managers are amazing. Very helpful and very knowledgeable. But the bad or weighs the good.
Pros
SOME coworkers (techs and operation managers), free cable (all channels) and internet
Cons
Upper management acts like they don't care (minus the president/ceo and coo), impossible to contact management and the work you do is NEVER good enough
Great group of people to work with.
Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sikeston, MOApril 12, 2016
The people that I work with is what makes this job so great. W have been together almost the full 7 years that I have been employed with this company and have become a tight knit group that has excelled with the help of one another.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAMarch 31, 2016
I enjoy working for this company. It has a great management team, and there is room for flexibility within. There is also a good benefit package and commission is available for sales.
Team atmosphere with proactive thinking
Regional Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYFebruary 17, 2016
As the sales manager NewWave allowed much more input from the field in their sales strategies. We were allowed to custom fit our campaigns to our areas not just blanket the company with one idea. Corporate was very supportive and visited the field very often. Even my local manager was very open and honest about all department's deficiencies and how we could work together.
Pros
Decent pay, fresh ideas, demanded input in the decisions
Cons
Was sold in 2011 to Time Warner Cable
NewWave Communications
Technical Service/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJanuary 11, 2016
The job is great but management is very rude and there is opportunity for advancement but it is favoritism or goes to someone that you know than a person who has been in the company for a year and half who knows what they are doing. There is a lot of co-workers that do not act like the adults we are.
Pros
Weekends are less stressful
Cons
Owners were constantly modifying the pay structure to reduce pay
Sales/Installer (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INJanuary 5, 2016
The owners modified the pay structure 5 times in just 2 years reducing the incentive to work harder. The managers were equally dissatisfied with the pay programs
Great company to work for
Sales & Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Olney, ILSeptember 28, 2015
Newwave Communications is a great company to work for, with great co-workers and great benefits. It's normally a fast paced, in person, and over the phone communication. They are great to their employees.
Newwave is progressing.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 21, 2015
Newwave is a growing company, currently carving out its own path in the midst of the larger MSO's. They are currently on the right track for being a respectable company to work for.
negative experience , but a lot of cool coworkers
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOSeptember 14, 2015
The reason I stayed at Newwave as long as I did, was because of the many good friends I made working there. The reason I left was because upper management was awful, there was hardly any communication between upper management and everyone else. People who worked the night shift didn't learn about new promotions or policies until months after they were implemented. It was only slightly shorter for people who work during the day. They do have many sales competitions/commission opportunities, but they are mainly geared towards people who work in sales. The pay was way below standard call center compensation. Also, the shift were horrendously long. When you have people yelling in your ear, you don't want it to happen for 8 hours straight.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
low pay, long shifts
Under-staffed and over worked.
Cable Installer (Current Employee) –  Angleton, TXSeptember 2, 2015
Working as a cable installer/technician for Newwave Communications has been by far one of the worst experiences I have ever had. Even with the degree and certifications I have, I am only being paid a couple of dollars more an hour compared to someone with a High School diploma. The company does not have enough technicians to deal with the extreme load of trouble calls, installs, and service outages we deal with on a daily basis. Being an hourly worker does mean that we are paid overtime, but it still doesn't offset the 13-14 hour days we work almost every day. The technicians are some of the best co workers I have ever had; knowledgeable, skilled and hardworking, but the company capitalizes on and exploits this, placing extreme work loads on us all. There is absolutely no concept of work-life balance. I constantly worry if my phone will ring throughout the night and on weekends (Including Sundays.)
Pros
Free Cable and internet. Great co-workers.
Cons
Awful management and Excessively long work days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NewWave Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8