NewWave Communications Employee Reviews

horrible atmosphere
Business Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOOctober 13, 2017
very divided in employee situations. Very grey as to how procedures were implemented. Very "clickish" and nothing was as promised with in employment starting.
Pros
discounts
Cons
too many
Fun place to work.
Sales & Service Associate (SSA) (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LASeptember 28, 2017
I learned a lot, enjoy the new system always willing to learn new training, I like new products. Sometimes they pay us bonus when sales.
The company IS OK.
Pros
Free lunches
newwave communications
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sikeston, MOSeptember 13, 2017
An enjoyable job. Downfall that we were bought out and our job is ending.i have worked here several years and have enjoyed my time and the people i work with are like family.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Can be stressful
Not structured
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, INAugust 27, 2017
This company was ok and like the coworkers but upper managemnet and supervisors did not care about employees or give lot to advance opportunities. Long hours and low raises.
Pros
Free cable if live in area
Cons
Low wages
productive and fast paced
Customers Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOAugust 22, 2017
answering phone calls everyday and helping customers with their services, an hour lunch break and two 15 minute breaks everyday, management is always around to help if an questions or problems come up. hardest part of the job is dealing with upset customers and the most enjoyable are the happy customers you get on the phone.
Pros
occasonial free lunches
Cons
sitting all day
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOAugust 15, 2017
I loved the atomosphere of this job. It's more of an individual job where you don't have to depend on others as much and you get to do your own thing. Very good training provided and raises
Pros
Raises and environment
Cons
Shifts
Great company to work for
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Sikeston MOAugust 2, 2017
Although NewWave was purchased by a larger company and the corporate level jobs are being eliminated, I couldn't have asked for a better company to work for.
Newwave Communications
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJune 21, 2017
I have learned much during my time at the company. I was looking for a place to grow my career but unfortunately due to the recent buy out of this company, it doesn't look that i'll get that chance.

I really enjoyed working with my team. We had lots of laughs together. It was really nice. My supervisor was very, very, smart, funny and didn't mind teaching me which i really did love.

The hardest part of the job was just dealing with the people here.
The management team can't make up their mind about things.
At times it seemed like there was no communication.
There are no opportunities for advancement.
Cons
no opportunities for advancement; company buyout
Great team atmosphere with opportunity to advance within company
Business Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOMay 20, 2017
Great company that takes care of their employees. Opportunity to advance in company and very competitive benefit package. Balanced work and home life.
Pros
company discounts
Cons
travel
Very demanding
Night Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOMay 2, 2017
This company has high turn over rates. If you do not mind doing something different then this is the place for you. Their policy and procedures change often when I was employed there.
No Communication & Constant Changes
Sales & Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Sikeston, MOApril 27, 2017
Newwave was a GREAT place to work before the new owners Rural Broadband Management took over. They sold everyone a dream that they would pay out a bonus if the company was sold but once the time came they showed their appreciation by letting as many employees as they can go.

There are constant changes in upper management and everyone runs around like a headless chicken. It would have been better if they kept employees and trained better instead of firing for little mistakes.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poorly ran by Management
Not a really pleasant place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOMarch 30, 2017
Many days the sales team would walk around doing nothing while we did everything. The new hires were doing technical calls, billing calls, and sales calls consistently. The sales team, however got to walk around freely because we were taking all of their calls. This company will try to use and abuse your talents without giving you a pay raise.
Pros
Hour lunches.
Cons
Heavy workload compared to veterans.
Never dull
Business Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOJanuary 5, 2017
There is never a dull moment from working with customer to your co workers. There is always something that needs to be done or that you can me doing. The hardest part of this job for me was just doing the job I was designated to do. I like to help and grow in all possible ways and kept my plate full. The most enjoyable part was exceeding the set team and individual goals set personally and my the company.
Benefits
Cons
Little advancement potential
No family time and ridiculous point system
Technical Support/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LADecember 3, 2016
This job had no time for family and the pic t system there is horrible. The supervisors in my particular call center were partial and had their favorites. The call center manager excellent. Several instances of points given when the situation wasn't preventable like the lady who had a seizure at work, was sent by ambulance to the hospital and still got a point.. Find another company
Call Center
Collector (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MODecember 2, 2016
I worked here for 6 months and got promoted to a collector. Love the line of work but didn't approve of the management team.
Pros
Promotions
Cons
Good company to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brazil, INNovember 3, 2016
It's a very good company to work for, I'm just looking for ways to make more money, I'm a single mom and need the extra income. The president and CEO are very good to work for.
Amazing staff
H.R. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MONovember 2, 2016
Love the job, I was sad that I had to go however I had learned a great deal of things and enjoyed being able to provide the best for the staff. Hardest part of the job was identifying the details in payrolls.
Pros
free food and amazing staff
Cons
company buyout talk.
Working at Newwave
Customer Service Represenative/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 27, 2016
Newwave Communications was my first call center job. I’ve have learned a lot over the year by working here, such as building a relationship with customers, my communication skills, and my ability to resolve any issues the customer may have. My typical day at work is coming to my desk and get prepared to satisfy every customer with any issue that they are having. Management here are the best, they try to be fun in the work environment since all we do is sit and talk. There is nothing hard about working here in my opinion.
Great Co-Workers besides Management Good benefits
SSA (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOAugust 17, 2016
Management is the worst I've ever seen in the Sikeston Callcenter, also management spends more time trying to find ways to terminate employees instead of teaching new ways to excel! This is not a long term job as they always say they are looking for someone else to sell the piece of junk to.
Pros
Easy job besides constant changes (unstable people)
Cons
Director of Operations & Callcenter manager are terrible
not a long term job
tsa agent (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJuly 30, 2016
The job itself is okay but unfortuatle it is a sale company and if you dont meet your goals your gone. or really anything little thing they will fire you. they dont care much for the little people working for them