NewWave Communications Employee Reviews

Owners were constantly modifying the pay structure to reduce pay
Sales/Installer (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INJanuary 5, 2016
The owners modified the pay structure 5 times in just 2 years reducing the incentive to work harder. The managers were equally dissatisfied with the pay programs
Great company to work for
Sales & Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Olney, ILSeptember 28, 2015
Newwave Communications is a great company to work for, with great co-workers and great benefits. It's normally a fast paced, in person, and over the phone communication. They are great to their employees.
Newwave is progressing.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 21, 2015
Newwave is a growing company, currently carving out its own path in the midst of the larger MSO's. They are currently on the right track for being a respectable company to work for.
negative experience , but a lot of cool coworkers
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOSeptember 14, 2015
The reason I stayed at Newwave as long as I did, was because of the many good friends I made working there. The reason I left was because upper management was awful, there was hardly any communication between upper management and everyone else. People who worked the night shift didn't learn about new promotions or policies until months after they were implemented. It was only slightly shorter for people who work during the day. They do have many sales competitions/commission opportunities, but they are mainly geared towards people who work in sales. The pay was way below standard call center compensation. Also, the shift were horrendously long. When you have people yelling in your ear, you don't want it to happen for 8 hours straight.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
low pay, long shifts
Under-staffed and over worked.
Cable Installer (Current Employee) –  Angleton, TXSeptember 2, 2015
Working as a cable installer/technician for Newwave Communications has been by far one of the worst experiences I have ever had. Even with the degree and certifications I have, I am only being paid a couple of dollars more an hour compared to someone with a High School diploma. The company does not have enough technicians to deal with the extreme load of trouble calls, installs, and service outages we deal with on a daily basis. Being an hourly worker does mean that we are paid overtime, but it still doesn't offset the 13-14 hour days we work almost every day. The technicians are some of the best co workers I have ever had; knowledgeable, skilled and hardworking, but the company capitalizes on and exploits this, placing extreme work loads on us all. There is absolutely no concept of work-life balance. I constantly worry if my phone will ring throughout the night and on weekends (Including Sundays.)
Pros
Free Cable and internet. Great co-workers.
Cons
Awful management and Excessively long work days.
Technical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  IndianaMarch 24, 2015
Good people to work with, management works well with techs. Rate of pay is below industry standards. Has a very good team aspect to the company. Offers good products to small markets.
Pros
company vehicle, free service in plant
Cons
rate of pay
good job
Installer (Current Employee) –  Taylorville, ILJanuary 25, 2015
good job, long hours, never know when you will be off. have a company van they pay or the gas and other expences
Learned a lot!
Network Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Sikeston, MODecember 16, 2014
Working here provided the opportunity to utilize the skills obtained from attending DeVry University. I've also had the chance to learn and incorporate telecommunication traits into my skill set.
Great Place To Work
Regional Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dexter MOAugust 29, 2014
Great Place To Work - Bennefits are fair, Good staff , hard working down to earth folks, very customer focused company.
benefits
Cons
management
loved this palce
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJuly 24, 2014
I was able to meet new people everyday and help some start services and help others with their services. I was also able to make sure that payments were made and bills were correct.
Headend Tech/Engineer (Current Employee) –  Taylorville, ILJanuary 17, 2014
Everyday is different and you dont know what to expect. But my job is very demanding and Im always learning new things.
Pros
day shift
Cons
on call 24/7
Advanced Telecommunication Experience
Technical Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Carmel, ILAugust 15, 2013
Newwave is a fast pace Telecommunication operations focused developing a strong fiber optic network for home and Business customer with continued satisfaction.
On typical day would be involved in insuring technical staff was prepared to fulfill their scheduled projects. Would review all construction projects with maintenance and construction staff to insure Business network designs were free of error . Review status monitoring systems with Maintenance Staff to see where if any plant discrepancies would be in need of attention. During the day would continue with monitoring all Staff to insure customer appointments and projects are met and completed to customer satisfaction. Would review with management staff daily insure all projects was on schedule with suggested time lines and met cost perimeters.
Newwave has a strong management staff in that they kept all employee's up to date on events that affected them. Management's Goal was to insure employees were properly trained and had what equipment needed to insure job functions were completed as safe as possible.
Love being able to not be in an office all day but the hours are long and the pay is minimal.
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Taylorville, ILJuly 8, 2013
Usually start the day off by going to the office for supplies. Have a route of installs and service calls. Worst part of the job is working in all types of weather and going through crawl spaces. Co-workers are always there to help out when we get overloaded with a route. The best part of this job is making the customers happy and providing them with great service.
Pros
take work vehicle home every night.
Cons
never know what time we will get off work each day.
This place is a joke
Direct Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Westville, ILOctober 18, 2012
They expect you to work all hours of the day with little pay. I was sales, and they would keep cutting our commission to the point where I could make more money flipping burgers at McDonalds.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long days, low pay
Not a good place to work
Installer Technician, Locater (Former Employee) –  Sparta, ILSeptember 2, 2012
The were bad to workers and customers work 16 hr days and no lunches or breaks. Never had anything to finish the jobs with and techs were the ones getting the blame.
Cons
everything is bad
It's a paycheck
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Westville, ILJuly 17, 2012
Opportunities for advancement are few, the amount of money available to be made is excellent however there is a lot of work to be done from home and in the field. Requires a well organized individual without a lot of outside responsibilities. Work will keep you busy from the time you get up until you go to sleep.
Pros
work independently, good customer service
Cons
not a lot of down time, work 12+ hours a day, inadequate training
Temp Job
Temporary Placement (Former Employee) –  Fulton, KYJune 7, 2012
I received this job through Job World. It was a job placement I received for a joba s a fill in.
Pros
customer service
Cons
temporary