NewWave Link Employee Reviews in United States

Commission Department
Commission Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hernando, MSMay 20, 2015
Processed SOC codes all day in regards to commission pay. Used Excel spreadsheets and formulas to do monthly accountings.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Can't think of any
Awful....just awful!!
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 13, 2014
Not sure where to even start. Typical job with an authorized retailer of wireless carrier. Lack of resources. Very unorganized. Company has changed names a number of times over the years so that doesn't help .Continuous micromanagement from upper level management. Terrible work/life balance. Always on the edge of your seat because you don't know what you're going to be chewed out about next. The AT&T account rep was hard to deal with. Lots of young kids working there who already think they know everything! The company is more about the dollar and not helping the customer. Sales associates are never sure when they are getting paid or if it's even if it's going to be accurate. I could keep going, just stay away!
Pros
pay is okay but not great.
Cons
everything else.
The best place to work, with great people to work for.
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 25, 2014
A typical day as a store manager is never the same day to day. Managing employees and customers. Taking care of the back office duties like data entry and inventory. I loved my employees and my managers. The hardest part of the job, was managing a team of individuals that was older than me. The best part was helping them and watching them do better!
Managers, I mean Salesmen, selling a job that doesn't deliver
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAFebruary 3, 2014
Outside of my colleagues, which I grew to be friends with, this job was a disaster from the very beginning. The training was long and mostly ineffective. The management, if you can call them that, are comprised of dishonest, self-serving bullies who are borderline criminals. They are misleading to customers, to their employees, and even to each other. Store managers, or retail sales leads, steal sales from their employees and routinely throw their employees under the bus to save face, and of course take all credit for anything that is worth any notoriety. They routinely bend or break corporate AT&T rules to what suits the authorized retailer. I cannot speak for the other newaave link locations, but if you exist in the Virginia, north Carolina, or west Virginia areas, I would recommend passing over this joke of a job.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
awful, dishonest management, sketchy slaes techniques, unrealsitc sales goals, company doesn't pay commission that is earned.
A good career field But this store lacks Structure and Morals.
RSA (Former Employee) –  South Jackson, TNFebruary 3, 2014
I worked at this company for less than a year. during that year, that particular store changed hands from a smaller company to the one its owned by now.

If you're actually on time, follow the rules, and are honest with customers, then DONT work here, bc you're wrong. I left bc I won't stoop to that level of low. If you arent a favorite (bc you didnt meet your numbers) you're practically worthless. All they care about are their numbers and getting paid. The policy that is supposed to be followed says that the customers best interest is what you are supposed to be looking out for. Not what's best for you. They sell out of their pockets bc they can.

I was raised to be an honest individule. That is why I was only there for 5 months. I found out quickly that the manager is the first one to talk about you anf blame things on you. If you dont have a conscious and just do what you are told to do and don't care to lie to customers then this is the job for you.
Pros
meeting and helping the not so tech savvy.
Cons
the practically nonexistent manager that takes sides and picks favorites.
Good Benefits , Poor Management and Company Structure
sales (Former Employee) –  south carolinaApril 18, 2013
I would open the store fifteen minutes before the store opened. Take out all the sales merchandise for display. Then, I would sit for long periods of time ,and wait for customers to come in. The training is excessive and ongoing, but not too difficult. In my opinion the management I had while employed lacked intelligence and is fairly lazy. The co workers were typical co workers. The job isn't difficult at all, the only problem is the low hourly pay, and I mean low. It is a commission/hourly position ,but they almost make it impossible to reach your commission.
Pros
benefits, easy job
Cons
you would make more at mcdonalds
Productive and great place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prestonsburg, KYDecember 19, 2012
Productive and great place to work, management was fantastic it felt more like a family than co workers! I learned alot of about GSM based cellular phones and troubleshooting.
Very on-your-toes work with benefit galore.
Retail Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Horn Lake, MSNovember 15, 2012
Deal with customers on a personal basis, taking responsibility for any issues that may arise with their AT&T products/services, maintain the store front and inventory.
Pros
hourly/salary + commission/bonuses
Cons
can be long hours