NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great place for gaining knowledge
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  212 west 168th street, ny, nyJuly 15, 2016
Very fast paced. Learned a whole lot in my department.
co workers were great, you'll have your drama as always but they can only gossip on what you have told them. Some management staff are good. Overall a fairly good place to work.
Love working for this organization
Security/ Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 168 StreetJuly 14, 2016
I love working here. I been working for this hospital for 15 years. Started in security and now working in psychiatry. Provide many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Yearly employee recognition. They also provide housing and parking. Friendly place to work.
Cons
The volume of traffics in the area.
Excellent work environment
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2016
Productive place to work and excellent culture.
Management is extremely supportive.
Day to day work is challenging and you learn alot
Pros
Great culture
Cons
No room for growth
Fantastic Staff
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2016
The staff runs better than a well oilied machine! As a student each staff member takes the time out to breed young scholars to be as great as they are.
Pros
Plenty of food nearby, Au Bon Pain in the facility, Close to many trains
supportive work place
Staff Nurse-Burn Unit (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2016
I had wonderful co-workers who believed in team centered care, as well as doctors who incorporated nurses into patient care and respected our opinions on pt's mode of care.
Pros
self scheduling
Cons
staffing
fun work place
Dietitian Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York City, NYJune 25, 2016
great work environment, the health benefits are excellent and the people are great to work with very nice. best place for moving up in the job ranks
Pros
free lunches
Productive workplace
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2016
I've work there for many years it is an interesting place to work. There are many fun and interesting people that are willing to teach you whatever you want to learn.
Pros
easy advancement
Cons
No union
Great Working environment
Liaison specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2016
A typical day at work consist of registering a high volume of patients and scheduling them for the next appointment, working with the doctors to make sue the schedule we've built them works out with them. Working here has taught me a how to work with patients and how to schedule and register patients it also has taught me how to get a long and be able to work with other co workers who cab be difficult sometimes. Management treats everyone with respect but sometimes have difficulty to see the little things we do for our patients. the hardest part of this job is to be able to juggle a lot of duties and a high volume of patients with out doing mistakes. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help a patient and having them go home happy because of the great customer service you provided.
Great Job
Security officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2016
i worked overnight great experience. Great co workers everyone helps everyone out. Hardest part of the job is staying up overnight . the most enjoyable part of the job is being part of a great organization. I learned is not easy to deal with so many different patients and visitors
Very busy, fun, interesting
Medical Assistant Externshp (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2016
Even though it was an very busy dermatology office for me it was very interesting, each and everyday I was learning something new, I love leaning and experiencing new things, such as diseases, words, and much more.
Cons
Short brakes
Difficuly wirh Occupational therapy Supervisor ped
Pediatric O.T. clinical specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2016
The new Supervisor and I were hired simultaneously. Within 2 weeks of my starting job duties she was harshly critical, almost never seeing me but then meeting with a created paper trail of everything she found wrong about me and my work, she was sarcastic and mean spirited. No offer of support, not solution oriented. I have 16 years in this type of work directly and 31 working in general with no other problems. It was the worst 6 weeks in my work experience. Entirely mishandled and made it a nightmare going to work daily even though I liked what
I was doing at work
Pros
Great patients, potential for growth, etc
Cons
Lack of support, punishment model supervisor
Productive and positive environment
Infection Prevention Liaison (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2016
Working at NYP has changed my life and helped me grow as a person. My job at NYP entailed communication between my department and all hospital staff. It allowed me to grow as a professional and understand the importance of administrative tasks in the hospital. Although positive for me in every way, the one missing aspect was making helping patients directly. This notion that I wanted to do more than administrative work and directly help the patients led me to becoming a pre-dental student and striving to one day be qualified to help as many people as possible. None of this would've been possible without my time at NYP.
Pros
Benefits, wage, environment, enthusiastic co-workers
Learning Enviorment
Service Desk Support Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2016
A typical day at work was an 8 hour shift of on call support to clients within the hospital such as nurse, doctors, hospital staff and other support groups. I learned to be quick when dealing with customers over the phone and to be friendly and efficient when dealing with upset customers. My co-works were extremely helpful, friendly, and hard working. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset customer and as a service desk with not much physical interaction, trying to help as much as possible when the issue was a hardware problem. i would say the most enjoyable part of the job was being part of such a helpful team as well as the environment, it was able lively, loud and full of energy.
Pros
Great team, Good environment, Great company culture
Cons
Breaks, working schedule, customers
NYPH is an awesome organization
Patient Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2016
dealing with patients, helping the community on a daily basis, i learned to care for others, to be sympathetic. management have a strong lack of leadership not understanding the need of employees. the hardest part of the job is dealing with the overload. however it pleases me to help people.
Great place to get started
Certified Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2016
You learn a great deal in a short amount of time! Great for a student who is interested in what the medical field is like. Also a great place to advance for a better position. Very friendly staff that makes you feel welcome.
One of the top Academic Medical Centers in the country
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2016
NYP should not be just renowned for its high quality care but because it is truly a wonderful place to work, filled with people dedicated to doing the right thing every day on behalf of their patients and fellow staff. While being part of a massive matrixed organization is not without its very real frustrations, the compassion and commitment staff members show each other is real and means you will always find support and encouragement for doing the right thing.
Excellent learning experience
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellow (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2016
Exceptional environment
Evidence based practice
Great resources and high quality didactics
Excellent patient care
Excellent working environment
Phlebotomy/Electrocardiogram Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2016
I feel honored working at NY-Prebysterian. My day involves having daily encounters with patients and families making sure they are getting the health services they deserve. As a phlebotomy Tech is not just about drawing a patient's blood and gathering right tubes but also to ensure that when we l leave the patient room the patient and their family member feel satisfied with my services, that their questions were answered, their needs were taken care of and that my smile is never forgotten.

I learn the importance of our values and to implement them to better serve our patients and their families. Is a way of how I can also represent our organization.

The Management team makes me feel this place is more than workplace is like a home. We are like a family. We work to help each other to achieve one common goal, to provide quality services to our patients.

My co-workers are fun people to be around with. We all try to make our day easier by been team players and focus in accomplishing our daily tasks as needed.

The hardest part of the job is not having the right attitude for the job. I find that, when you have the right attitude, you have better outcomes. Your day is better, you feel happier.

The patient trust you and feels more comfortable and positive attitude is always more rewarding.

One of the enjoyable part is that a patient is satisfied with my services, that I have provided quality, excellence and accuracy when performing my job.
Pros
Over all great place and nice people to work with.
Learning and growing
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2016
Fast-paced environment
supportive staff
Management is good
Co-workers are helpful
I enjoy working with patients and support them in any of their needs
an ok place to work
Compensation Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2016
marketpricing

companalyst

management was good

coworkers were nice

hardest part was getting hired there full time

most enjoyable was the office location

4.2