NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Employee Reviews

Great environment to work in
Security Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2015
In a typical day you interact with patients and visitors. I've learned to stay compassionate with peoples situations because the hospital is a stressful environment for patients and visitor. Management strives for customer service as well as co-workers. The hardest part is seeing family members upset due to their loved ones health. The most enjoyable is seeing people get better and able to go home.
Productive place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: As a volunteer I was given free lunch
Cons: nil
I volunteered in the Administration department at New York Presbyterian Hospital. I worked directly with the senior administrators on matters regarding patient satisfaction, which included scheduling of appointments, smooth registrations, and patient feedback. This is a productive environment to work.
I work with some amazing individual
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 16, 2015
Pros: great coworkers, a lot of focus on patients and families
New York Presbyterian hospital is a good organization to work for because they focus a lot on patients and family and I like that about it. My manager is very supportive with my well being inside and outside of work. I feels very comforting asking for help from her
An excellent hospital to work for
Critical Care Staff Nurse (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 13, 2015
An excellent hospital where care of the inner city population is the top most agenda. A good hospital that takes pride in what she does.
Medical Biller
Insurance Follow-up (Current Employee), Roslyn Heights, NYJuly 9, 2015
• Accurately process insurance claims and contact insurance companies to follow-up with claims processing
• Review medical records for medical necessity appeals
• Create and review weekly reports on high dollar claims and keep managers up to date
• Collect accounts of un posted insurance payment from other representatives and create excel reports to present to managers
• Follow-up on No fault and Workers Compensation claims to ensure accurate and timely processing
• Reviewed patient accounts
• Verified and Billed correct insurance and contacted patient for any issues with insurance processing
• Collected payments from patients
• Assisted patients with financial hardship in applying for financial aid and setting up affordable payment plans.
An experience I will never forget, Amazing things happen there.
Hospital Security Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Location
My only real complaint is the location. The very east end of Manhattan. Crosstown traffic is intense. The institution however is amazing. Definitely a pleasure to work for them.
It was a great company to work for in terms of vacation and medical and dental benefits
Medicaid Coordinator (Former Employee), Roslyn Heights, NYJune 30, 2015
It began with my follow up to daily cases in organizing and reaching out to the patients in obtaining necessary requirements to complete their medicaid applications.
good place to learn, knowledgeable staff
Case Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 26, 2015
Great place to work to learn about the different types of mental health disorders and how to connect people with needed services. Great staff that was very helpful to not only our patients but also staff and stakeholders.
a learning environment
Patient Financial Advisor (Current Employee), new york, nyJune 25, 2015
Pros: lunch break
Cons: parking employee housing and cafe prices are high
Definitely a learning environment with room to grow. employees are great to work with and the diverse culture adds to the uniqueness of the facility
good place to start a carrers
Senior Supervisor (Current Employee), manhattan ny nyJune 24, 2015
Pros: free training
A typical day at work is when staff is engage and you can ensured that patients satisfaction is met in a timely manner, I learned that when your staff is engaged they deliver quality work, as per management the middle managers are sometimes incompetent and bias, and lied to senior leaders to hide their incompetents and sometimes make it hard for front line supervisor, by applying vendetta. my peers are sometimes supportive, the hardest part of the job is when patients satisfaction is not met promptly, the most enjoyable part of the job is when patients and staff satisfaction are met and press ganey and HCAPS score is improved.
Working here
HRIS - Analyst/Instructor (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 23, 2015
Working at Brookdale has taught me a great deal about the vaious aspects of Human Resources. I have been in many projects to make it a better function place.
great place to work
patient care Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 21, 2015
Pros: Finincially stable
Cons: room for mor staffing
Change is on its way. I welcome the classes taught on how to improve our relationship with patient, family and staff.
the most enjoyable part of my job is finding a solution to a problem. I am empowered because of the support that's is available.
Excellent in every sense of the way
Senior Physical Therapist (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 17, 2015
Beyond exceeded my expectations as a hospital. Highly skilled and experienced therapists willing to train and guide newer therapists. Organized and well run departments. Teaching hospital with emphasis on learning and educating staff. Excellent for newer therapist seeking experience in numerous settings. Equally excellent opportunities for more advanced staff members to seek out advanced clinician and supervisor positions within their extensive PT department.
Company Review
Office Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 17, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: live too far from my job
A typical day for me begins by checking my emails and addressing any urgent matters as quickly as possible. I then check the staff (45 people) timecards to assure their time is correct. After that is completed, there can be various things I would have to work on such as special projects with the practice administrator, ordering supplies for staff members, ordering new furniture if necessary, contacting facilities, IT or bio-medical engineers to address any issues, order housekeeping supplies, create any flyers if necessary, update staff with any information, attend to meetings and keep minutes, arrange meetings or luncheons or assuring certain bills are sent off to accounts payable for they can be paid off.

I have learned a lot working at this organization. I have learned how to multi-task, how to work with payroll/Kronos, gained more knowledge in Excel and most importantly how to make sure that our patients leave the clinic satisfied.

At my current place of employment, everyone especially management, makes my day very enjoyable. The work is fair and I feel like we are heard when we need to address something. My day can be busy, but my manager and co-workers makes my day go by smoothly. They are very understanding, patient and makes me feel appreciated.

I believe with my organization and ability to multi-task, it makes my job manageable. There is nothing that I can say is the hard about my job.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when I know I have done something to keep the practice running. It can be from making sure a computer is fixed so it can be utilized by a doctor to see patients to ordering the supplies needed to continue patient care.
A good workplace
Patient financial Advisor (Former Employee), New York, New YorkJune 17, 2015
Pros: two 15 minute breaks
Cons: sometimes no lunch coverage
A good work environment, co-workers are nice. Administration was not very professional. I just love working with patients.
Family Oriented Workplace
Patient Ambassador (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 15, 2015
NYHP is a fun workplace where you create a extended family. Its is also a learning environment. Im happy to be a part of the NYP family.
A day in the life
Cancer Cytogenetics Technologist (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 13, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Poor management
A typical day at work is always a busy day. Rotations allow for flexibility in scheduling for everyone in that no one is doing anything for too long and weekends are split between the group of us. My co-workers have become almost an extension of family but they could be better. They seem to like to complain more than solve issues but I assume thats only a reflection of the management. I do, however, enjoy the schedule flexibility of my job. It allows me the time and space to take care of my family.
Educating and Good environment
PHYSICAL THERAPY VOLUNTEER (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 31, 2015
I am a volunteer and I am able to help many people. Everybody helps me to learn more about healthcare and is very compassionate. It creates a great working environment.
The best work experience for me because it was the most challenging
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 31, 2015
Working for NYPH was the greatest opportunity of my life. Employed by the upper management level of the hosptial was a great combination of contributing my experience and gaining new, valueable ones. Being pushed to the limit by the top guns in the medical industry to help me accomplish my work goals was awesome. I have never forgotten the gratitude, recognition and tough professional love I received from my superiors. They have my utmost respect. I loved the job I was hired to do. I loved the challenges they provided to help me grow. I gave them my all.
Knowledgable
Volunteer in Neurology Department (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 30, 2015
I learned a great deal here. Everyone is very skilled in their field. They all care about helping others, and helping interns and volunteers learn.

1 2 3 4 5

About NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

About NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital At NewYork-Presbyterian, we put patients first. It’s a commitment that everyone on – Read more

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Salaries