NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Employee Reviews

A great experience
Managed Care Department(Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2017
I learned valuable skills, supervised many ambitious people, and made friends that I will have for a lifetime........................................................
SVP of Quality
Senior Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  W 168 StreetDecember 8, 2017
Working with the SVP of Quality has been a great experience. The staff is great overall moral is wonderful. The SVP will be stepping down and NYPH is unable to transfer me to a Senior Level Staff member at this time. I am currently on a waiting list and actively pursuing opportunities.
A very nice and enjoyable place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2017
My typical workday would start by reassuring physicians & nursing staff that all new patients are accounted for, answering busy phones, printing copies of medical records to prepare for upcoming court dates, greeting vendors & visitors, sorting & distributing mail.
While working here I've learned empathy & compassion for our patients and their families. Management is an open door & you can discuss your concerns freely. The workplace culture is very friendly & family oriented. The hardest part of my job is having to leave. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the people I work with every day.
Pros
Cafeteria and a Chapel on-site
Cons
Got rid of the sodas for more healthier drinks.
One of the most amazing places to work
Medical surge Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2017
To provide assistance to patient during their treatment and ensure the best quality and care.
There are many things I learned is that as you grow up in your position the responsibility keeps increasing. you become more responsible for not only your actions but teams performance.being effective as an individual and at the same time a team player.
Our Management is really good but I feel that she haves just too much responsibilities on her shoulders, and that she could use more support.
our cultural place is what it makes us so amazing and unique.
my hardest part of the job is to see an extremely amount of sick patients.
The most enjoyable part is to see a patient smile and satisfaction.
Pros
Amazing place of work
Cons
shortly or no breaks
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  NYP Short Stay Surgical Unit & DepartmentDecember 5, 2017
Admission, assessment and acute treatment and diagnosis of short stay post operative patients such s neuro, uro, general surgeon cases, gyn, otho.Collaborated with various surgerons.Overseas and managed RN while on duty. Educated patients and family both on current conditions and post discharge.
Pros
loved the work and type of patients.
Cons
night shift and new residents turnover issues.
fun work place
Peace Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2017
great job. good people. good area to work in. hard working employees that care for patients and staff. fast pace. hard work. leadership was good. needs of employees were met.
Pros
good job
Cons
busy
Mother Baby Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 5, 2017
Wonderful place to work with great benefits. Very happy to work here. Management is very good and helpful. If you are looking for a great place to work this is the place for you.
Great!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2017
Great place to work! This is the number one hospital in New York City for a reason! The environment is very patient-centered and very employee-centered!
Great Hands-on Data Analysis Experience
Statistical Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2017
I'm a second-year biostatistics student at CUMC. I had the honor to work with one clinician there and I really enjoy our collaboration. I do my analysis based on the clinical data.
Cut throat environment, Poor management
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2017
This place has all around been the worst place of employment in all of my career. The bullying is never ending and management condones it. There is no one to turn to for help because everyone is in on bullying new employees. It is not a place to learn despite the fact they are known to be a "teaching hospital". If the nursing president found out about the abuse amongst staff she would be embarrassed to be part of this culture and corporation.
Pros
pay
Cons
Bullying from management and co-workers
not a positive experience
Clinical Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Westchester County, NYNovember 30, 2017
I began my career at NYP when it was just a community hospital then NYP came in and the whole atmosphere changed. It was a very nice place to work and now with NYP culture it has become as It is a very stressful environment and many of the employees are not happy working there. The feeling is that the overall institution is more concerned about survey grades then they are with employee satisfaction. Not to say they don't encourage employee engagement, but most employees feel that the administration is not sincere what they say.
Registered Professional Nurse, Full time (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2017
NYP Columbia is a hospital at the forefront of medical and technological advancement. There is a collaborative effort between nurses and doctors to provide efficient patient care. As a teaching hospital, it is an ideal place for learning every day.
Environmental Services, Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2017
my tipical day at work I double check the list to make sure that everything is done.
I learned work together, I learned how important it is to smile even if I was having a bad day.
Roles and responsabilities
Great corporate culture,The Great Place to Work.
The hardest part of the job when is the time and my work is not finished yet.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the manager lets me know that I doing a great job.
Great Campus
Patient Finance Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Westchester, NYNovember 28, 2017
Beautiful campus to work out. Love taking walks on our breaks. Very friendly staff all around. A lot of opportunity for growth throughout all campuses.
Little view
Patient Care Support (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2017
On every work day its the same routine things i does, the only thing i love is meeting new people and learning new skills. I lean some medical terms which i was very happy about. The culture is vary. The hardest part of the job is finish working late. The enjoyable part is when the patient ready to go home feeling better.
Exciting and productive
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2017
This job at NYP hospital as an operator was exciting. Getting to listen and speak to so many different callers on a daily basis. Helping patients, family members of patients, doctors, and nurses. This office was very fast paced but knowing that my help or sound of my voice over a phone calmed a patient or family member of a patient was so worth while. This job was amazing and so was the hospital! If I did not have to relocate to Florida I would probably still be working for this employer.
learned extensive pediatric ultrasound care
Pediatric Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2017
great pay
pediatric care
competitive
workplace culture
good co workers
challenged
convenient location
there was a good opportunity for job advancement
Good team of committed co-workers, supportive environment
Clinical Psychology Intern (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 18, 2017
I found good mentorship and a supportive environment working at NYPH. Everyone on the unit seemed committed to making a difference in patients' lives, and in contributing to the success of team mission and individual members.
Stressful environment to work in
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 14, 2017
Very big case load of intensely sick patients. Not enough staff of aids on the floor. Management did not control the amount of patients and type of patients on the floor for the limited amount of staff. Management did not support emotional needs of the RNs with the intense work being put on them
Pros
12 hours shifts
Cons
Horrible management
Opportunities for personal growth
Patient Services Administration ED Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2017
By far the best corporation I have worked for. Amazing thing do happen here. Staff take their jobs seriously. The dedication people have to patient care is above and beyond what I expected
Pros
The enocurage learning and expanding
Cons
Parking is costly and difficult

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3