NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Employee Reviews

work
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2017
It has many opportunities to learn, work, get educated, gain skills, get connected, able to network with people and grow.
Productive place to work
Admission and Discharge Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2017
I grew a great deal at this job. I had the chance to get my feet wet in the industry. The management was very professional and they cared about your success.
Pros
Pay, Time Management
Cons
Advancement
Difficult and stressfull
Building Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2017
Great place to be involved in large infrastructure and renovation projects. Overbearing workload. Learned everything on my own. No succession plan in my department.
Pros
Exposure to diverse equipment and systems. Good salery, vacation and health benifits.
Cons
Over loaded with with assignment, Lack of support from managment, Low skill level of union employees, Lack of accountabilty of damage caused by support departments
New York Presbyterian - Take over and management
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Cortlandt Manor, NYFebruary 9, 2017
I was very excited to start there and very sad 3 months in when I resigned.
*Bad Management
*Insulting Salary - for the amount of work
*None existent training as promised (crash course)
*Low low Moral in office
Pros
Good promotion opportunities
Cons
Horrible pay, a lot or work, no training program in patient accounts, management does not manage, most people unhappy at their jobs
Teaching Hospital with great staff. We strive to get patients better and return home to their families.
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2017
Here at NYP we are big on team work. No other job is greater than the next. We depend on each other to get our jobs done and done well. NYP is a hospital that makes you feel welcomed. We make sure every patient knows that we will go above and beyond to get them back to optimal health.
Great volunteering experience
Volunteer Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2017
It was a great volunteering experience. People are nice and fun. The professionals are understanding and supportive. I'd recommend anyone to look to be a volunteer at this hospital.
Awesome job!!! If more growth I would stay!
Patient Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2017
I have been here 15 years. Great company to work for..just not a lot of growth. It has its incentives but the work is enough, the pay could be better but union based so insurance coverage is impeccable!
Culture is deteriorating quickly
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Cortlandt Manor, NYJanuary 29, 2017
New management in the dept has made it very difficult to work. Staff in constant fear that they will be written up or worse- suspended without fair notice. Morale of the department is at an all low and feel there's no one to turn to.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
NYP making too many changes
great place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2017
Very very busy. The amount of patients seen on the daily basis was huge. The hospital is very big on customer service and trying to help anyone that comes in to the hospital no matter what your job title is. Customer service professionalism is a must.
Pros
great pay / had the weekends off since it was a clinic
Supportive Environment
Nurse Companion (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2017
A great hospital that allows various opportunities to flourish and grow. Always a supportive staff that is willing to help you learn and work as a team.
Pros
great hospital
Cons
scheduling availability
great
Certified Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Awesome team to form part of. I am really proud to work for this institution. I have been able to learn so much from this experience.
A Singular Opinion
Service Desk Level 2 Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York County, NYJanuary 3, 2017
My overall experience was, on a primary scale of 1-10, a 7.5.

however, at some latter point during the tenure. there were some profoundly disastrous changes which destroyed the formally stable harmonics of the working environment.
Great place to work and grow professionaly
Manager, Patient Financial Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2017
NYPH is great organization and an amazing place to work at.
NYPH has strong values and commitment to provide best health services as well as to achieve highest employee satisfaction. This organization fosters employees engagement and culture of respect, Great management, skilled professionals and a lot of opportunities..
Pros
Great work environment
A great work place
Account Payable Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 1, 2017
great experience , great people, nice learning environment with most accessible team and bosses. lot of hand on learning, training and extensive coaching.
Great institution
Intern on 4 North, Acute inpatient care (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 12, 2016
Highly competitive work environment, very structured and thorough , incredible hands on learning experience. Staff and management are very helpful in training process.
Lower pay than most NYC hospitals
Clinically Certified Perfusionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2016
Columbia typically pays less than any other hospital in NYC. The culture at Columbia also favors the atmosphere where the physician knows best and to not question their judgement. It is also in a terrible neighborhood that is impoverished and crime ridden.
Pros
Good quality care
Cons
Bad management, low pay
N/a
Purchasing Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2016
Great culture among a diverse group of individuals from various backgrounds. focus is primarily on patient care, which is embodied by all staff at all times.
Depends on where you work
Clinical Nurse I (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2016
The culture is very different depending on units, management and teams. Union hospital in regards to nurses and ancillary staff. Hospital continuously growing with new innovations.
assertive, attention to detail, compassionate,
NURSE charge (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 1, 2016
The hardest part of my job is getting nurses to do their job, to quickly discharge patients, or get them up to a room once admitted. Effective Communication, problem solving, approachable, thinking out side the box, good listener and most of all compassionate. When your empathetic it allows you to become diverse and look at two sides of a situation bringing resolution.

As a charge nurse you need to be able to collaborate ideas with your staff and bring immediate resolution to an issue. Remaining calm in any given event is key. I believe one of my best strengths is working well under pressure. I believe this is where i put my best foot forward.
Benefits versus Management
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2016
As a union job the benefits are good especially as a healthcare job. The workplace culture is one of laziness due to the protection offered by the union. Advancement is difficult unless you are willing to brown nose the management. It is not merit based. Management is very narrow minded and stubborn and often passes off blame of issues caused by their own disorganization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2