NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital

NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital Employee Reviews

Payroll
Sr. Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYAugust 22, 2017
I updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers. Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts. I'm also responsible for recruiting, screening, interviewing and placing workers. I also handle employee relations, payroll and benefits and training's.
Nice place to work
Intern/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYAugust 3, 2017
This was a great place to intern/volunteer. However, Human Resources was not offering Union Benefits at the time. To be honest, this may have changed since 2014.
Pros
Nice place to intern/volunteer. Good People
Cons
No union benefits in 2014
Staff RN in the critical care unit (Current Employee) –  Bronxville, NYJuly 17, 2017
Like every place there are always pluses and minuses. I like working where I am at. I am given the opportunity to change things around and help my team. Change happens slowly. Some people have the attitude "somebody else will take care of it". Compensation is good and the best is our benefits. Upper management does whatever is better for the finances of the hospital when it comes to staffing. When census is down we tend to float a lot. They are currently working on a floating pool but only 2 candidates have applied. If you want to go back to school they don't pay 100%. It's $6,000 a year.
Overall, I am happy with the hospital.
Benefits
Cons
Slow to change, Upper management toys with staffing.
Lawrence Hospital Is a great community hospital
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYJuly 12, 2017
Lawrence Hospital needs to strive to be the best community hosptal that it can be and the new environment under NYP should allow Lawrence to achieve new goals
Great place
Clinical Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYJuly 6, 2017
we have a very friendly working atmosphere. Staff there are very supportive, and the management is very efficient. Busy but Smooth working pace. Nice place to work.
Poor Management
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Bronxville, NYJuly 4, 2017
Good place to work flexible hour 1199 union.
I learn a lot in this place the way how a hospital runs being in hospital environment it is very interesting the policy and the patine rights infection control.
Poor management.
The culture of the place is very nice just some improvement how they treat employee.
The hardest part of the job is everyone is Manger and no communication whatsoever.
The most value and enjoyable part of this job is when I start working there I didn't have a degree now I do and I am ready to move on in my new Career.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYMay 7, 2017
you walk into smiling faces everyday. the wok environment is stress free. managers are easy to get along with also coworkers. I get to meet a lot of people and care for them as well.
Productive and ourstanding workplace
Medical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2017
Amazing things happen there! Working for columbia has made me grow into a professional administrative assistant. I thank the departmentofsurgryfor giving me the opportunity to be one of them.
Nice Community Hospital
Per Diem Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Bronxville, NYFebruary 27, 2017
Employees given good benefits and generous time off. Workplace culture is good. Programs in place that give workers opportunity for feedback. periodically good gifts given to workers
Great place with great people
Pharmacy messenger (Current Employee) –  Bronxville, NYDecember 2, 2016
I recently began working here perdiem but everyone is nice and the hr team really seem to care about their employees. There is room to move and grow with in the hospital.
Pros
Great
Cons

Want to know more about NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital?

Ask a question
excellent patient care
Nurse Extern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2016
Staff is very helpful and friendly. As a nursing student, they were willing to assist in me in following through patient care plans and coordination with the interdisciplinary teams. This hospital demonstrates excellent patient centered care.
good hospital for patients. Good environment for employees.
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bronxville, NY 10708March 22, 2016
Nyp lawrence hospital is a great hospital and I have been there for quite a few years. I work in the er and I scan, admit patients, depart patients, order entry and admissions.
Pros
good salary, Good learning experience
Cons
More staff
The Lawrence Family
HUMAN RESOURCES PARTNER (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYNovember 30, 2015
Overall I really enjoyed working at Lawrence. I was there for 10 years and saw many changes. My co-workers for the most part were supportive and positive. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the amazing staff. Full of life and hearts as big as the Big Apple.
Pros
Location, Culture, Amazing employees.
Cons
Rushed deadlines
Outpatient Coder (Current Employee) –  Bronxville, NYOctober 27, 2015
Small community hospital with a friendly, diverse environment. Close to home and flexible. Always learning. This hospital is expanding it's services to provide updated technology to it's community members and Westchester County as a whole.
Hospital
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYSeptember 1, 2015
Once again a nice hospital especially for new comers to the health care industry. Great place to work if you reside in the westchester county area.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYSeptember 1, 2015
Great place to work, especially if you reside in the westchester county area. The hospital setting is small, so most of the staff knows you by your name.
Pros
lunch prices are affordable
Cons
too far a commute if you live in manhattan
Productive environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYAugust 13, 2015
Nice community Hospital. Access was easy, close to train.Gained a lot of experience. No difficulty with getting requested time off.
great hospital
Allied Health (Current Employee) –  patient careAugust 7, 2015
The staff that works at this hospital are really great to work with.
Management is about the same as it is at other institutions.
Very good place to work
Medical Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYJuly 9, 2015
it very family friendly place to work, they show there employees appreciation. The salary could be better but the benefits are very good.
Great place to work.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  5 North Oncology unitMarch 10, 2015
Lawrence was a family to me, my mother worked there for over 30 years, my brother i currently working there now going on his 26th year, Lawrence was a wonderful place to work because it was family, the people who didn't like it were the ones who didn't do their jobs, I've met life long friends at Lawrence who i still call every now and again, GREAT place to work and have a career.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3