NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital

NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYAugust 13, 2015
Nice community Hospital. Access was easy, close to train.Gained a lot of experience. No difficulty with getting requested time off.
Great place to work.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  5 North Oncology unitMarch 10, 2015
Lawrence was a family to me, my mother worked there for over 30 years, my brother i currently working there now going on his 26th year, Lawrence was a wonderful place to work because it was family, the people who didn't like it were the ones who didn't do their jobs, I've met life long friends at Lawrence who i still call every now and again, GREAT place to work and have a career.
Pros
everything
A great place to be a patient
Human Resources Partner (Current Employee) –  Bronxville, NYOctober 29, 2014
I enjoy working with some of the best healthcare professional there are. We have a close nit, family/community like work environment. Quality Integrity Respect and Teamwork are our core values and the patient always comes first. My colleagues always go above and beyond what is required of them and are recognized for that. The hardest part of my job is not being able to spend more time rounding. A typical day at work is delivering HR services with a smile in all aspects. I have learned more than I ever expected; real world experience that I will be able to use in the future.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
not being able to do rounds
A great Hosptial that promotes healing body mind and soul
Human Resources Partner (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYOctober 11, 2014
As an HR partner, I was exposed to many areas of HR and worked closely with line managers and management on recruitment and retention.
A family place to work
Pharmacist Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYApril 22, 2014
Lawrence Hosp taught me a lot about medicine and how to do IV,s which I enjoyed every time they ask me to do it
Medical Specimen Analysis Laboratory
Admitting Registrar (Current Employee) –  Bronxville, NYApril 2, 2014
A typical day at work is relative low stress. I learned to type much better and understand more medical jargon. My co worker is very efficient and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is the major attention to detail and information.
Great Hospital with great physicians
Patient Service Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Very friendly atmosphere. Co-workers and staff great to work with. Hardest part of job was having to draw blood on infants that staff was not able to draw; seeing babies and children crying. Most enjoyable aspect of job was the ability to integrate my strong beliefs of great customer services and friendliness when training new employees to delivery the best service to patients.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
never closes
Provides excellent care along with great customer service to internal and external customers
Per Diem Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronxville NYJanuary 8, 2014
Excellent culture with caring staff who go the extra mile to care for the patients and their families.
Pros
great cafeteria with discounts
Challenging Work Environment
ER Discharge Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYJanuary 5, 2014
I was able to utilize my exceptional communication skills by aiding patients and family members with the necessary paperwork when they were admitted to the hospital.
Interesting
Emergency Room Admitting Registrar (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYOctober 4, 2013
challenging
rewarding when you help patients
very hectic workplace
very helpful
helping patients who lost loved ones
making someone smile.
Nice hospital
Registered Nurse, Critical Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYJuly 29, 2013
A good community hospital. Staff was pleasant but hospital needs to provide more incentives for educational and professional growth.
Family oriented work environment
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronxville, NYNovember 18, 2012
Structured, easy going with minimal stress. I learned how to deal with different types of personalities in person and on the telephone. The management is sometimes understanding, depending on with whom you speak. My co-workers are okay to work with, good team. The hardest part of the job is trying to find appointments for patients who find it hard to understand the schedule is completely booked for the day which they are requesting. However, I get it done with some understanding from the patient. the most enjoyable part of the job, is being able to help people get the appointments they need as soon as I can get them in.
N/A
Patient Account Representative - Medicare Biller (Current Employee) –  Bronxville, NYMay 23, 2012
Lawrence Hospital Center is a nice place to work and I appreciate the fact everyone is so eager to help.
I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH THIS COMPANY FOR 23YRS AND IT'S LIKE FAMILY I LOVE WORKING WITH LAWRENCE HOSPITAL CENTER. YES I WOULD RECOMMEND ANYONE.
PATIENT CARE PARTNER (Current Employee) –  AMBULATORY DEPARTMENTDecember 4, 2011
SINCE 1988 I STARTED WORKING AS A TEMP, I THEN WORKED MY WAY TO GET A JOB AS A DIETARY WORKER, I WORKED IN THAT DEPARTMENT FOR 3YRS THEN I TRANSFERRED TO TRANSPORT/MATERIAL MANAGEMENT DEPT, I WORKED IN THAT DEPT. FOR 6YRS, THEN I TRANSFERRED TO NURSING AND I AM GLAD I DID I HAVE BEEN WORKING IN NURSING DEPT EVER SINCE.
Pros
they give you chance to grow in the hospital.
Cons
n/a

Comment – September 19, 2012

I applyed for housekeeping in this hospital ,Im praying to get this job ,please tell me more about lawrence hospital ,Im very energetic persone ,like to clean all the time ,I have very good referencese from my actual job , Im a very neat and fast in my job .I would like to be part of the team .

4.3