NewYork–Presbyterian/Queens Employee Reviews

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that NY Presbyterian is my second family.
Physician's Biller (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2017
Benefits and salary are great, all NY Presbyterian Hospital /Queens employees are one big happy family, flexible hours, fun clubs to reduce work related stress.
it has been a long time since left
Part Time Home Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2017
It has been a long time since left. Over 35 yrs. Great and supportive nurse leaders with high standard set. Trained staff to be very organized and great time managed.
Educational and a fun place to learn
General Practice Resident (Former Employee) –  Flushing, MIAugust 14, 2017
Very educational for residents for learn. Faculties/attendings make sure residents actually learn before they leave with intense hands-on experience. Highly recommend those who would like to get better training in dental emergencies.
Pros
Hands-on experience, dental emergencies
Cons
Very busy
Highly competitive setting with friendly individuals
General Practice Resident (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYAugust 13, 2017
Setting is very educational for residents to work and learn. Very competitive environment. Extremely busy in certain days, especially in emergencies. Various types of cases seen and experienced. The faculties will make sure you have hands-on experience and actually learn.
Pros
You learn new things everyday, especially emergencies
Cons
Very busy
Productive Workplace
Specimen Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYAugust 12, 2017
Safe work environment. Management is great, they work with you.
Everyone works well as a team, we always help patients at all times even during our break.
Pros
Great Staff
Not organized
Office Coordinator/ Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 7, 2017
People coming and going constantly because of the workflow.
Staff constantly changing having to train new members. This is all Id like to say at this time.
Pros
Pay is decent and godd health insurance
Productive work place
Registrar Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery & Dentistry (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2017
New York Presbyterian is a wonderful environment and there is plenty of room for growth. New York Presbyterian also provides great benefits to it's employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
not enough overtime
Disciplined work place
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYJuly 3, 2017
Its a hospital that strives on being the best in New York. Management always tries to help its employees to move up the ladder.
The camaraderie is 2nd to none regarding the workers. Its such a positive atmosphere and love going to work.
Pros
emphasis on Patient saftey
Productive and great environment, encourages learning
Pediatric Register Nurse (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYJune 23, 2017
Open for a lot of growth. Productive environment, Good pay. Management is approachable. workers are good preceptors. I have learned a lot. coworker are helpful, doctors are efficient.
Pros
tution reimburstment
It was a life lesson experience by working/volunteering at the New York Presbyterian Hospital.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYJune 22, 2017
As a receptionist in the Hemodialysis Center,my main task was to communicate with the health professionals from various departments. Being a receptionist was a turning point in my life as I learned some of the most essential skills needed in the corporate world such as multi-tasking and verbal skills. Despite not being paid, I enjoyed being a receptionist because I felt proud to help the nurses save the lives of patients and I enjoyed communicating with other health professionals who also play a major role in serving the patients.
Pros
Free Lunches.
This company has a lot of room for growth.
emergency room technician (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 15, 2017
I learned so much from my clients, they were awsome. The work enviroment was stressful due to no management at times. I enjoy working with some of the the staff that really are team players.
Caring
Dietary Worker (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 7, 2017
Every employee at NYPQ shows a great amount of empathy towards each other. Everyone is full of great personalities and characters that makes you look forward to coming into work everyday.
Some of the staff are great to work with and I must say if you can make it a NYPQ you can make it anywhere.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYJune 6, 2017
Staff relationship with management are not what it should. However, you have the union backing should something go wrong. My advice is to know you rights and benefits. There is a shortage of staff and unsafe working conditions as it relates to staffing and training. Shortest of supplies. But, like in anything you have good and bad days.
Pros
Great exposure to different scenarios and cases that will sharpen skills.
Cons
unsafe staffing, shortage of supplies, no support from mangement, lack of respect for CNA's
Great place to learn
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYMay 23, 2017
Able to make decisions independently and implement more productive and efficient ways of accomplishing goals. The hardest part is working with not enough staff or consideration of our work load
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not enough staff support
good place
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 14, 2017
The work environment it good. The people are nice and most of the people have great personalities and are very helpful and kind. Typical days are fine.
Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2017
This organization is a good place to work. It allows for individuals to learn a great deal about various work environments. You learn how to succeed in a union environment and collaborate with different disciplines within the organization.
wonderful and supportive staff
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYMay 8, 2017
I love going to work because I work with a wonderful team of night RN's, techs, aides, clerks, attendings, and residents. We have a very supportive team and someone is always willing to give a helping hand.
Great!
Patient Hospitality Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYMay 2, 2017
I learned how to work in a hospital. A typical day is very 9-5. The management treated me fairly. The workplace culture is fairly friendly and amicable. I think the best part is getting to see my coworkers: they're all so nice!
Pros
Nice faculty!
Cons
Competitive
OK place to work.
Staff CT/X-ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2017
Administration and management are not in sync with staffing needs. Too much emphasis are placed on Press-Ganey scores and "numbers", hence issues. This report is for NYPH in general. It is a culture of bureaucracy which impedes fluidity of resolving simple issues from staffing to repairs on toilets.
Pros
Best reputation for medicine
Cons
Staffing issues. Low moral with staff
Productive and fun place to work
Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2017
Productive and fun place to work. I have enjoyed working here and the people are friendly. There is lots to learn here and room for growth. I love working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NewYork–Presbyterian/Queens. Our community is ready to answer.

NewYork–Presbyterian/Queens Reviews by Location