NewYork–Presbyterian/Queens

NewYork–Presbyterian/Queens Employee Reviews

Productive and friendly
Physician Billing-Follow Up & Collections Unit (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYJune 6, 2016
The typical day consisted of calling insurance companies in order to collect payment for the rendered services . Using billing software, we were able to do a lot of collection online (including appealing claims). There were not enough staff, therefore there was lots of pressure on the billers to meet quota. Furthermore, all the staff was friendly and worked together overcoming daily obstacles.
Very fun, and stress free environment
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2016
In my position, I enjoyed a great work environment. Everyone was friendly, and willing to help you learn. But most importantly, once you clock out, you are done with work responsibilities. This gives it a great work-life balance.
decent hospital system
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2016
nice coworkers, decent place to work
great surgical practices
decent management
cool cases, small operating room
great team work
nice neighborhood to travel to especially during the night hours
Pros
cool cases
Cons
no breaks
Productive and Enjoyable place to work
Supervisor of Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2016
Great place to beginning ones professional career path. Beautiful campus with great and friendly individuals. The organization is team focused everyone knows there responsibilities and how to bring it all together to meet the goal.
Pros
Enjoyable, Great colleagues
Cons
To Enjoyable
Staff is a true team
OR Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Bronxville, NYJune 24, 2016
Staff in this hospital from doctors, nurses, techs clerical, everyone works so well together. The patient truly is the center of care here.
Pros
excellent health care plan, retirement, discounts and benefits
Cons
unable to work a second job at this location
Good place to start
Financial Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYJuly 5, 2016
It was taking over by new york presbyterian and has changed alot. It is a good place to start. But I would prefer to work for another company that may have more room for growth
Productive and knowledge workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 29, 2016
Volunteering in pharmacy is such a nice experience. It keeps me busy, productive, and also I like to do little fun jobs and to be around people who treat me very well.
Fast pasted, I think coming as temp a little more direction would have been nice.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 2, 2016
I was there on a temporary assignment. It was just Ok. The co-workers are real team players. Communication skills from management was lacking.
Pros
Co-workers - very helpful
Cons
Management was not that great
Hard working staff to provide optimal care to every patient and their family members.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 16, 2014
Increasing nurse to patient load, despite the acuity of clientele.
Hard working and genuine staff members would make a work day more efficient and productive.
Lacking of tangible support from management/administration to its workforce.
Salary scale is decently acceptable.
Pros
hard working staff members
Cons
punitive management style, no job security or advancement despite obvious qualifications, blatant favoritism for job advancement, one-man rule in management
Productive experience
Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJApril 22, 2016
This was my very first job in the healthcare field. My coworkers there where increible and taught me different ropes of being in this field. I am greatful to have had the experince I did at Summit Medical Arts
productive and fun work place
PSA/CST (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 17, 2016
Is good place to work because you learn so much since is teaching hospital. offer paid time off, give their employees good pay.
Pros
paid good salarie
Cons
good health insurance
Nyhq
Float team nurse (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYDecember 2, 2015
Working at NYHQ was a great learning experience. I learned to work alone, without help from anyone, on the ED inpatient unit. Since there I was usually placed there by myself without any other RN's or even sometimes, without aides. A typical day at work at NYHQ consisted of AT LEAST 10 acute care patients, including those receiving blood transfusions, those on ventilators, and those who were confused and very high fall risk. Over half the time, the medical equipment would not work properly or wasn't even available. When I was privileged enough to actually have a coworker with me, it was usually still me doing the work. There was one aide who actually just slept the majority of her shift. I notified the nursing supervisor twice, and she physically saw the aide at the desk sleeping, but nothing happened! NOTHING!
Great place to work in the healthcare field
ER Patient Access-Registrar (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYMay 6, 2013
ER is a busy environment. When patients come into the ER I input them in the system. Later on I interview them for registration and gather their insurance info. I am always rotating to different locations.

Most enjoyable part of the job is when I work with great doctors and nurses.

The hardest part of the job is that there is no way to advance.
Pros
great benifits and good salary, always here for overtime
Cons
no advancement to learn and grow, overtime can wear you out
Always afraid of loosing Job due to continuous turn around.
IT Service Analyst/Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2015
Very good culture, people really care about each other. Management is very poor for my particular department. Also due to unstable leadership many people believe they can do what they wanted to.
busy workplace
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYJune 3, 2015
no room to fool around. A work day at the hospital is always busy busy busy. They place is not for slackers and lazy people.
Benefits
Cons
workload
Productive Close knit team
Kidney and Pancreas Transplant Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2014
A typical day at work will be clocking in, checking emails and organizing what is priority for the day. I've learned that not everyone works like me. And there is always room to except and learn from others. The hardest part is getting notification of an expired patient. The most enjoyable part is when a patient finally gets transplanted and seeing the joy in them and their family.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no bonus
Hospital
Cancer Registrar (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2016
Excellent Hospital it offers good health care. Very clean hospital and has a good specialty md in the cancer care. Has the most recent health care technology. It has a lot of job fairs.
Ambulance 911 in NYC
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYJanuary 31, 2016
The hospital was taken over my New York Presbyterian and they laid us off and hired from within their other hospitals. We were not even given the opportunity to apply for a position. We were very busy units within the city 911 system
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
laid off
good place to work at
Echo Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2016
good staff
good ultrasound machines
uses new technology
hardest part of this job is my commute from NJ to NY
work place is very diverse
Productive and fast-paced environment
Registered Professional Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2013
I learned how to really time manage and improve my nursing skills here. The staff was very welcoming and we all treated each other with respect and love. The most difficult part of the job was to see some of the sickest children in the country. The most enjoyable part of the job was when patients and families had so much gratitude for caring for them.
Pros
great benefits, union, great manager
Cons
staffing issues

4.2