NewYork–Presbyterian/Queens Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to start
Financial Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYJuly 5, 2016
It was taking over by new york presbyterian and has changed alot. It is a good place to start. But I would prefer to work for another company that may have more room for growth
Staff is a true team
OR Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Bronxville, NYJune 24, 2016
Staff in this hospital from doctors, nurses, techs clerical, everyone works so well together. The patient truly is the center of care here.
Pros
excellent health care plan, retirement, discounts and benefits
Cons
unable to work a second job at this location
Productive and friendly
Physician Billing-Follow Up & Collections Unit (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYJune 6, 2016
The typical day consisted of calling insurance companies in order to collect payment for the rendered services . Using billing software, we were able to do a lot of collection online (including appealing claims). There were not enough staff, therefore there was lots of pressure on the billers to meet quota. Furthermore, all the staff was friendly and worked together overcoming daily obstacles.
Productive and Enjoyable place to work
Supervisor of Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2016
Great place to beginning ones professional career path. Beautiful campus with great and friendly individuals. The organization is team focused everyone knows there responsibilities and how to bring it all together to meet the goal.
Pros
Enjoyable, Great colleagues
Cons
To Enjoyable
Productive experience
Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJApril 22, 2016
This was my very first job in the healthcare field. My coworkers there where increible and taught me different ropes of being in this field. I am greatful to have had the experince I did at Summit Medical Arts
Hospital
Cancer Registrar (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2016
Excellent Hospital it offers good health care. Very clean hospital and has a good specialty md in the cancer care. Has the most recent health care technology. It has a lot of job fairs.
Fast pasted, I think coming as temp a little more direction would have been nice.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 2, 2016
I was there on a temporary assignment. It was just Ok. The co-workers are real team players. Communication skills from management was lacking.
Pros
Co-workers - very helpful
Cons
Management was not that great
productive and fun work place
PSA/CST (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 17, 2016
Is good place to work because you learn so much since is teaching hospital. offer paid time off, give their employees good pay.
Pros
paid good salarie
Cons
good health insurance
good place to work at
Echo Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2016
good staff
good ultrasound machines
uses new technology
hardest part of this job is my commute from NJ to NY
work place is very diverse
Ambulance 911 in NYC
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYJanuary 31, 2016
The hospital was taken over my New York Presbyterian and they laid us off and hired from within their other hospitals. We were not even given the opportunity to apply for a position. We were very busy units within the city 911 system
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
laid off
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  51 West 51 Street New York NYDecember 22, 2015
This job required you to be hands on. Everyday was a busy day because there were a lot of responsibilities that needed to be take care off. Co workers were great to work with.
Nyhq
Float team nurse (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYDecember 2, 2015
Working at NYHQ was a great learning experience. I learned to work alone, without help from anyone, on the ED inpatient unit. Since there I was usually placed there by myself without any other RN's or even sometimes, without aides. A typical day at work at NYHQ consisted of AT LEAST 10 acute care patients, including those receiving blood transfusions, those on ventilators, and those who were confused and very high fall risk. Over half the time, the medical equipment would not work properly or wasn't even available. When I was privileged enough to actually have a coworker with me, it was usually still me doing the work. There was one aide who actually just slept the majority of her shift. I notified the nursing supervisor twice, and she physically saw the aide at the desk sleeping, but nothing happened! NOTHING!
Always afraid of loosing Job due to continuous turn around.
IT Service Analyst/Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2015
Very good culture, people really care about each other. Management is very poor for my particular department. Also due to unstable leadership many people believe they can do what they wanted to.
productive and educational workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New YorkNovember 29, 2015
everyday is different as i deal with multiple ages and diagnosis ; for me it is a challenge every day that i enjoy very much. i am a team player which is important for any office to run effectively. the hardest part of my job is losing patients due to their illness. the most enjoyable part of my job is the smiles i am able to put on my patients faces at the end of their visits.
All employees are happy to come to work
Senior Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2015
I love working at NY Presbyterian. Patient and employee satisfaction is high. They do everything they can to keep everyone happy. It is a great balance and the hospital is great. I would stay if I could, but I need to be closer to home for my baby and my growing family.
Good Teamwork
IT Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2015
Fun place
Excellent place to learn
Some red tape
Colleagues are great!
Cutting edge with technology in comparison to other healthcare institutions.
A place of growth
Unit Assistant Secretary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2015
A place for growth and development. An emotional yet rewarding environment that teaches me who I am as a person. I am exposed to people, collegues, patients of all ethnicity, race, environment, religion.My environment is very fast pace, critial thinking is a must and patience is a plus. The reward is knowing that I helped in saving a life or I helped make a patient or family member happy and satisfied with they stay.
Pros
healthcare, Ability to grow, learn and expand
Great place to grow.
Imaging Technologist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2015
Hired here straight out of school.Great hospital to learn and grow as a technologist. Great working environment with friendly staff and management.
Great people, and overall a great place to work!
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2015
The only hesitancy I have is that in the higher pressure areas of the OR, as a CST, you are more likely to get stuck in cases due to lack of relief...which is great for OT, but bad on those days you just want to go home on time. Otherwise...they take care of their staff very well.
Great place to work!
Staff Pharmacist - Rotating Shift (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2015
New York Presbyterian is an excellent place to work. They innovators in the field of healthcare and strive to optimize each patient's medial care, as well as, experience.

4.2