NewYork–Presbyterian/Queens Employee Reviews

Productive place to work at, with a close knit family type environment.
RADIOLOGY FILE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 17, 2017
Great place to work for, ive work here for over 10years. The staff has become like family who makes working here extremely pleasant and welcoming. One of the highest paying hospitals in the area.
Pros
Great pay, fair vacation/time off policies, great benefits.
Cons
Too far from my current home.
Excellent working environment
Assisting RN (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 12, 2017
Excellent and conducive place to work. It is a caring, friendly and exceptional patient care environment. As a volunteer, I learned a lot and was highly motivated to join the hospital as a staff, if the opportunity is offered to me.
Pros
outstanding working environment
Cons
opportunity to be hired
Poor unqualified management. Understaffed all the time no equipment
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 11, 2017
People are great and pay is good but the lack of good management staff and required equipment has gotten worse in past few years. Parking is horrendous. The management sweet talks and promises changes but it goes from good to bad in past 2 years. Turnover is a revolving door. The patient load is dangerous and if are looking to get your license taken away from you or want to get sued, this is the place to work.
Pros
People are nice. Pay is competitive
Cons
Poor unqualified management, poor supplies and equipment to do your job, no parking, taking benefits away, unstaffed all the time with excuses
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYOctober 10, 2017
Fast paced, high energy environment. Coworkers were a pleasure to work with. Management was efficient. Workplace culture was teamwork oriented. Hardest part of the job was leaving.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
Difficult communication with management
Excellent
PATIENT SERVICE ADMIN (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2017
Excellent Place to work.Everyone is great and I would recommend it to anyone. The hospital is clean and we are very compassionate and caring facility that put Patients first.
Productive and fun work place
Ultrasound Technician (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYOctober 5, 2017
i had a great experience at New York Presbyterian of queens the staff was amazing they showed great patient care excellent management great training opportunities
I really enjoyed working at NYP Queens
Coordinator, Public Affairs & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYSeptember 30, 2017
I would have liked to stay at this job, but there were budget cuts and I was laid off. This job allowed me to work in the field in which I went to school for and received my degree.
NY-Presbyterian Queens was a good place to work
Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 26, 2017
NY-Presbyterian Queens was a good place to work. It was a small agency with staff who had years of service. The staff however did not have vision and want things to remain the same. they wanted the good old days to continue. the hospital closed the home care agency.
Pros
Very good work environment
Cons
Not progressive change was very hard the excquite.
fun work place
transporter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2017
➢ Transport patients by moving them to and from special service areas and operating rooms, lifting patients on and off beds; using wheelchairs or moveable beds.
➢ Transport equipment and supplies by picking-up requisitioned orders; delivering them to assigned treatment areas and patient care areas; Transport laboratory specimens.
➢ Transport deceased patients by following protocols and delivering them to mortuary
➢ Comfort patients and their families by offering support and encouragement
➢ Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with federal and state legal regulations.
Great experience
Volunteer/Internship (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 21, 2017
Awesome staff and amazing environment to be in as a student-intern and learned a lot from the nurses/assistants. Will be going back to visit in the future.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that NY Presbyterian is my second family.
Physician's Biller (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2017
Benefits and salary are great, all NY Presbyterian Hospital /Queens employees are one big happy family, flexible hours, fun clubs to reduce work related stress.
it has been a long time since left
Part Time Home Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2017
It has been a long time since left. Over 35 yrs. Great and supportive nurse leaders with high standard set. Trained staff to be very organized and great time managed.
Educational and a fun place to learn
General Practice Resident (Former Employee) –  Flushing, MIAugust 14, 2017
Very educational for residents for learn. Faculties/attendings make sure residents actually learn before they leave with intense hands-on experience. Highly recommend those who would like to get better training in dental emergencies.
Pros
Hands-on experience, dental emergencies
Cons
Very busy
Highly competitive setting with friendly individuals
General Practice Resident (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYAugust 13, 2017
Setting is very educational for residents to work and learn. Very competitive environment. Extremely busy in certain days, especially in emergencies. Various types of cases seen and experienced. The faculties will make sure you have hands-on experience and actually learn.
Pros
You learn new things everyday, especially emergencies
Cons
Very busy
Productive Workplace
Specimen Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYAugust 12, 2017
Safe work environment. Management is great, they work with you.
Everyone works well as a team, we always help patients at all times even during our break.
Pros
Great Staff
Not organized
Office Coordinator/ Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 7, 2017
People coming and going constantly because of the workflow.
Staff constantly changing having to train new members. This is all Id like to say at this time.
Pros
Pay is decent and godd health insurance
Productive work place
Registrar Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery & Dentistry (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2017
New York Presbyterian is a wonderful environment and there is plenty of room for growth. New York Presbyterian also provides great benefits to it's employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
not enough overtime
Disciplined work place
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYJuly 3, 2017
Its a hospital that strives on being the best in New York. Management always tries to help its employees to move up the ladder.
The camaraderie is 2nd to none regarding the workers. Its such a positive atmosphere and love going to work.
Pros
emphasis on Patient saftey
Productive and great environment, encourages learning
Pediatric Register Nurse (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYJune 23, 2017
Open for a lot of growth. Productive environment, Good pay. Management is approachable. workers are good preceptors. I have learned a lot. coworker are helpful, doctors are efficient.
Pros
tution reimburstment
It was a life lesson experience by working/volunteering at the New York Presbyterian Hospital.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYJune 22, 2017
As a receptionist in the Hemodialysis Center,my main task was to communicate with the health professionals from various departments. Being a receptionist was a turning point in my life as I learned some of the most essential skills needed in the corporate world such as multi-tasking and verbal skills. Despite not being paid, I enjoyed being a receptionist because I felt proud to help the nurses save the lives of patients and I enjoyed communicating with other health professionals who also play a major role in serving the patients.
Pros
Free Lunches.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NewYork–Presbyterian/Queens. Our community is ready to answer.