NewYork–Presbyterian/Queens Employee Review

View all NewYork–Presbyterian/Queens reviews

productive work place
Billing specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2014
I verifiy insurances for the cardiology department. I enjoy working with the staff as well.
Pros
enviroment is very positive
Cons
short breaks

Other NewYork–Presbyterian/Queens Employee Reviews

Fast paced but worthwhile.
Registered Nurse Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYJanuary 19, 2018
The job is very fast paced and somewhat stressful. You learn to triage patients effectively and efficiently. there is high-level of staff cooperation and trust in each other. The hardest parts of the job are trying to accommodate the large influx of patients that occur almost daily in the winter months and the fact that it's situated in the most culturally diverse area in the US often requiring the use of tele-interpretation to take patient hx and understand patient/family requests. The upper nursing management of the ED is wonderfully warm and understanding. The middle management can be spotty as most are new to the job and have little diverse ER experience. The best part of the job is knowing despite all the obstacles you did your best to aid the patients under your care.
Pros
always get your breaks, good interpersonal professional relationships. above avg salary, excellent healthcare and dental, 4-5 vacation, early retirement 62/20 . 1199 union shop
Cons
fast paced, stressful, frequent overcrowding, spotty middle management guidance
its a job now
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYJanuary 16, 2018
I used to like coming to work but now Im here because I have to be. I don't feel that my manager respects me no faith in the New regime.Would like to leave but I'm here too long.
Pros
Been here for many years
Cons
Been here for many years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NewYork–Presbyterian/Queens. Our community is ready to answer.