NewYork–Presbyterian/Queens

NewYork–Presbyterian/Queens Employee Reviews

Ambulance 911 in NYC
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYJanuary 31, 2016
The hospital was taken over my New York Presbyterian and they laid us off and hired from within their other hospitals. We were not even given the opportunity to apply for a position. We were very busy units within the city 911 system
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
laid off
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  51 West 51 Street New York NYDecember 22, 2015
This job required you to be hands on. Everyday was a busy day because there were a lot of responsibilities that needed to be take care off. Co workers were great to work with.
NYHQ
Float team nurse (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYDecember 2, 2015
Working at NYHQ was a great learning experience. I learned to work alone, without help from anyone, on the ED inpatient unit. Since there I was usually placed there by myself without any other RN's or even sometimes, without aides. A typical day at work at NYHQ consisted of AT LEAST 10 acute care patients, including those receiving blood transfusions, those on ventilators, and those who were confused and very high fall risk. Over half the time, the medical equipment would not work properly or wasn't even available. When I was privileged enough to actually have a coworker with me, it was usually still me doing the work. There was one aide who actually just slept the majority of her shift. I notified the nursing supervisor twice, and she physically saw the aide at the desk sleeping, but nothing happened! NOTHING!
Always afraid of loosing Job due to continuous turn around.
IT Service Analyst/Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2015
Very good culture, people really care about each other. Management is very poor for my particular department. Also due to unstable leadership many people believe they can do what they wanted to.
productive and educational workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New YorkNovember 29, 2015
everyday is different as i deal with multiple ages and diagnosis ; for me it is a challenge every day that i enjoy very much. i am a team player which is important for any office to run effectively. the hardest part of my job is losing patients due to their illness. the most enjoyable part of my job is the smiles i am able to put on my patients faces at the end of their visits.
All employees are happy to come to work
Senior Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2015
I love working at NY Presbyterian. Patient and employee satisfaction is high. They do everything they can to keep everyone happy. It is a great balance and the hospital is great. I would stay if I could, but I need to be closer to home for my baby and my growing family.
Good Teamwork
IT Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2015
Fun place
Excellent place to learn
Some red tape
Colleagues are great!
Cutting edge with technology in comparison to other healthcare institutions.
A place of growth
Unit Assistant Secretary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2015
A place for growth and development. An emotional yet rewarding environment that teaches me who I am as a person. I am exposed to people, collegues, patients of all ethnicity, race, environment, religion.My environment is very fast pace, critial thinking is a must and patience is a plus. The reward is knowing that I helped in saving a life or I helped make a patient or family member happy and satisfied with they stay.
Pros
healthcare, Ability to grow, learn and expand
Great place to grow.
Imaging Technologist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2015
Hired here straight out of school.Great hospital to learn and grow as a technologist. Great working environment with friendly staff and management.
Great people, and overall a great place to work!
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2015
The only hesitancy I have is that in the higher pressure areas of the OR, as a CST, you are more likely to get stuck in cases due to lack of relief...which is great for OT, but bad on those days you just want to go home on time. Otherwise...they take care of their staff very well.
Great place to work!
Staff Pharmacist - Rotating Shift (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2015
New York Presbyterian is an excellent place to work. They innovators in the field of healthcare and strive to optimize each patient's medial care, as well as, experience.
Productive and fast paced
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pre Surgical Testing UnitJune 27, 2015
As you enter the facility, there was always something to print or fax to surgeons and other doctors. In addition, print patient bands to place around the patient's wrist. I learned to keep up with the fast paced environment as well as manage my time. My co- workers were always willing to lend a helping hand if I needed and I was willing to do the same. There was lots of team work in my facility. I loved all the aspects of my job. The most enjoyable for me was interacting with the patients.
Volunteer for the Pre-Med Program (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2015
This is an educational experience, and I am able to meet new people as well as learn new things in this area. The people are very helpful, and you get to meet new people and speak with the nurses and patients.
Pros
Free lunches, Learn a lot
Cons
Sometimes crowded
productive and fun work place.
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  622 w.168th streetJune 4, 2015
good place to work but a bad atmosphere when dealing with co-workers. very local. a fun and great place to work. little to no room to move up. management was not great at all. hardest part of the job was dealing with the co workers. most enjoyable was meeting new people and the diversity the job provided.
busy workplace
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYJune 3, 2015
no room to fool around. A work day at the hospital is always busy busy busy. They place is not for slackers and lazy people.
Benefits
Cons
workload
Starting to get stressful.
Clinical Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 3, 2015
Job is decent, but not what I was promised. Management started to stray from their words and it goes against my beliefs. They are taking way more tasks than they can accomplish with the amount of staff we have and expect too much from us with no sort of reward what so ever.
productive and fun work place
Patient Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2015
working in the company was a amazing opportunity because you was able to grow as a person and they were willing to do what ever it taked to get you there.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
great place to work not enough room to grow
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2015
due to people staying in their present jobs it not a lot of room for other to move ahead in the telecommunacation dept. i would like to move on become an program analyst but there is no open position due to people that are analyst have no where to move forward
Pros
job sercurity
Cons
not a lot of room to grow
Fun and Productive
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2015
Great environment. Fun and upbeat co workers. I learned alot about how to care for people, and also what its like to be in such a fast pace work place.
Pros
Free meals
Productive fun place to work at.
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2015
There is a reason they are consistently rated number one in ?NY and on top top 10 in the nation. NYP successfully created a great structure where an employee does not feel like it is a dead end job, hard work and dedication is always rewarded.
Pros
Great work environment and room for growth.
Cons
Management sometimes seems bit clueless and some have managed to be rather persnickety.

4.2