NewYork–Presbyterian/Queens

NewYork–Presbyterian/Queens Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fast paced
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pre Surgical Testing UnitJune 27, 2015
As you enter the facility, there was always something to print or fax to surgeons and other doctors. In addition, print patient bands to place around the patient's wrist. I learned to keep up with the fast paced environment as well as manage my time. My co- workers were always willing to lend a helping hand if I needed and I was willing to do the same. There was lots of team work in my facility. I loved all the aspects of my job. The most enjoyable for me was interacting with the patients.
Volunteer for the Pre-Med Program (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2015
This is an educational experience, and I am able to meet new people as well as learn new things in this area. The people are very helpful, and you get to meet new people and speak with the nurses and patients.
Pros
Free lunches, Learn a lot
Cons
Sometimes crowded
productive and fun work place.
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  622 w.168th streetJune 4, 2015
good place to work but a bad atmosphere when dealing with co-workers. very local. a fun and great place to work. little to no room to move up. management was not great at all. hardest part of the job was dealing with the co workers. most enjoyable was meeting new people and the diversity the job provided.
busy workplace
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYJune 3, 2015
no room to fool around. A work day at the hospital is always busy busy busy. They place is not for slackers and lazy people.
Benefits
Cons
workload
Starting to get stressful.
Clinical Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 3, 2015
Job is decent, but not what I was promised. Management started to stray from their words and it goes against my beliefs. They are taking way more tasks than they can accomplish with the amount of staff we have and expect too much from us with no sort of reward what so ever.
productive and fun work place
Patient Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2015
working in the company was a amazing opportunity because you was able to grow as a person and they were willing to do what ever it taked to get you there.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
great place to work not enough room to grow
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2015
due to people staying in their present jobs it not a lot of room for other to move ahead in the telecommunacation dept. i would like to move on become an program analyst but there is no open position due to people that are analyst have no where to move forward
Pros
job sercurity
Cons
not a lot of room to grow
Fun and Productive
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2015
Great environment. Fun and upbeat co workers. I learned alot about how to care for people, and also what its like to be in such a fast pace work place.
Pros
Free meals
Productive fun place to work at.
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2015
There is a reason they are consistently rated number one in ?NY and on top top 10 in the nation. NYP successfully created a great structure where an employee does not feel like it is a dead end job, hard work and dedication is always rewarded.
Pros
Great work environment and room for growth.
Cons
Management sometimes seems bit clueless and some have managed to be rather persnickety.
i have fun working with such great people
Patient Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 30, 2015
its very busy working with all kinds or persons. my day goes by very fast. i learn about people behaviors everyday and my co-workers are excellent. the hardest thing about my job is dealing with the small children.
enjoyable and rewarding
Volunteer-Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYApril 28, 2015
it was a great work environment. I learned how to work in a busy office. I liked hearing the terms I had learned in college being applied to real life situations.
Pros
free food
good experience
Volunteer-Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYApril 21, 2015
pleasant work environment, adequate technology for running a smooth office. My work was clearly outlined and I received assistance when needed.
Pros
a received a free $5 coupon each day.
First Day Interning
Intern for VP of Regulatory Affairs (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 8, 2015
On the first hour of interning I was expected to hit the ground running. I had to attend a board meeting of the Policy and Procedure for Emergency Management. I had to take take minutes of what was being said, who said it, and then turn in a typed up copy. Later on I shadowed another intern on how day to day activity went around the hospital and what our role was.
Pros
Experience, networking, builds confidence
Cons
Seeing Patients in pain
Great Company
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2015
Amazing things are happening here. You definitely feel welcome and secured. I would refer this company to others. Many different departments to choose to work in. You are able to advance your career here as well. The hospital holds a good record against other hospitals.
great experince
Volunteering in IT (Former Employee) –  lefrek city library new yorkFebruary 28, 2015
help people check in and check out books, and other library items. great learning experience. everyone helped me learn.
Great Place to work!
Executve Assisant Office Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Wonderful and friendly, helpful team of people overall. Open to new ideas.. Important... most important.. Great communication accross the board.
Working
Registered Nurse, Staff (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Very great hospital. Benefits for nurses are pretty good as well. Hospital staff are respectful and show genuine concern for their patients
decent place for work and learning
Certified Tumor Registrar (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2015
opportunities are plenty to learn and advance your career. Management encourages learning and funds college education.
Productive and good people
Attending pathologist (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYJanuary 31, 2015
I would get to work 8 every morning. Look at my slides until 11 then we had a multidisciplinary conference and everyone showed their cases and then we left it to be typed. After lunch I signed out my cases and left 5.
Pros
good cases and nice people
Cons
less space
Satisfied
Clinical Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Satisfied employee in all aspects of the job environment. Thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NewYork–Presbyterian/Queens. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2