Nexant Employee Reviews

Great enviroment to be a part of!
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 26, 2017
Great enviroment to be a part of, I would love to be a part of any future projects. I would also like to point out the additional training that was offered it was awesome!
Pros
Very supportive staff
Cons
does not apply
Used to be a great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMay 19, 2017
All good staff have left from the upper management. Current company is being run by folks that have no experience in energy or consulting. Even with a lack of vision, it's a great company to work for just because of the mostly collusive team environment.
Pros
Zero stress, absolutely flexible work environment. Great Teams
Cons
No vision whatsoever. The talent erosion has started
Stressfiul, time consuming, and cutthroat
Chemical and Energy Analyst (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 28, 2017
This review may be outdated, but at the time I worked there, everyone at the company in my position, including myself, was miserable. Management was strict with projects and often had us stay late to get things rushed with pressure not to charge extra time on our timesheets. Most employees are fresh out of university and don't know any better. Would not recommend seeking employment here.
Pros
Peers to commiserate with
Cons
long hours, low pay, unhappy employees
Very bad management
SVP of Engineering (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 5, 2017
Not a good company if you're in management rank. No career advancement. Not job security and very bad investors. Company pay is very low and there are a lot of turn over in management.
Enjoyable work place.
QA Automation Lead (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAFebruary 15, 2017
I had learned a lot about new tools and technology, Moreover, the workplace culture is professional and on to date. Teammates are so good and helpful.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
A Company in flux
Vice President - IT, Hosting Ops, Governance (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 5, 2017
With the problems in the Energy Market, the company is adversely affected and now in flux. The company has a steady consulting income, but the ambitions are in the software where they are not competitive.
Pros
adaptive
Cons
run by an investor with little sector knowledge
Good Job Work/Life Balance
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IA 50322November 30, 2016
Good Job Work/Life Balance, flexible schedule, and job culture.
No advancement opportunities, poor management, non-existing HR department.
Benefits
Don't do it
Business Processor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 21, 2016
This place has the worst management I've ever ecoerienced. From lying to bullying to selfishly taking bonuses that should trickle down to team, it's a terrible place to work that will steal your soul.

Senior staff is allowed to bully, intimidate and manipulate newer staff with no consequences at all. Very catty women work here who find it amusing to lie to HR and get people fired that they don't like.

Just don't even go there.
Pros
Sometimes they brought bagels.
Cons
Expected to be glued to your chair all day long.
duplicate
Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 17, 2016
(duplicate entry. please keep the pervious one I already typed up) I was disappointed by the lack of professionalism and giving false hope of quick advancement. I was looking for a career job not an entry level position that would be threatened for not preforming at 100% all the time.
Pros
great assignments
Cons
unprofessional managers
Great place to work.
Data Analyst/Jasper Report Developer (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 17, 2016
Pioneer in energy products nice work culture nice to be part of this group team is innovative they work in cutting edge technologies.
Typical Office Environment
Project Revenue Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 12, 2016
Check email first thing in the morning for work order, follow up the unfinished task, and other day to day task.

Learned the Delta billing system, high volume of consulting billing, produce billing and services.
Managers Actually Good at My Stops
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 22, 2015
I've had the great blessing of actually having really good managers at the positions I've held in Nexant, with both actively supporting me in my endeavors to further my career and determine what I'm best at.

The work itself has highs and lows, as any job does. For the most part, the team I've been working with has been good to work with, and effective at their jobs.
Fast Pace
Administrative Manager (Operations Director) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 12, 2015
Nexant is at its core an Engineering consulting company. I loved the challenge of working with technical and equipment sales professionals, to call center leaders, to program managers to help win the next job. It is a fast pace and never dull environment.
Pros
Great Employees, Constant Change
Cons
Company is still determining corporate direction
resources allocation
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 3, 2014
ii can learn how to allocate limited resources in timing management.
Offered fun and challenging opportunities
Sales Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 2, 2014
A very professional and "family" feeling environment. Worked with very experienced co-workers. The management team was open and supportive to new processes and procedures and/or improvements and gave me the ability to do what needed to be done to increase sales and revenue
Avoid being a data entry specialist
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  salt lake ciySeptember 19, 2014
The company is good if you work in a specific department like engineering or sales.

If you work in the commercial rebate processing center, you'll like the company for about six months and then begin to loath it.

The operations manager has no idea what they are doing. They show obvious and blatant favoritism.

They care more about how much you can process than the quality. So quantity over quality.

Overall avoid this place. You'd get treated better working at Wal-Mart .
benefits
Cons
the pay, clueless or rude members of management, HR is in Cali, bullying from co-workers, lack of knowledgeable resources, no one cleans up after themselves, communication is really bad
Profession environment
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 23, 2014
Great team, amazing manager, fun work, get to own your own desk, flexible work schedule and telecommuting
Pros
Compensation, collaborative team, interesting projects, fun managers
Cons
Quiet office, no perks or fun events for employees, no mission statement
My Day
Senior Outreach Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2013
Daily responsibilities include managing implementation programs across the country in various utility programs, direct contact with national accounts. Utility client interface, pipeline reporting, marketing tactics.

The best part of my job is two fold, first being able to supply my team with the strategy and tools to generate business for our utility clients across the country, the second is being able to help end-use customers achieve the efficiencies they are looking for.
Dont work there
Senior Business / Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 14, 2013
Very cold and callous management style. The company hides major changes from its employees. Creepy and uncomfortable work environment.
Great company with very intelligent people
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 13, 2013
Very knowledgeable people, with an ability to bring out the best in their engineers. Hard work is rewarded.
Pros
Top people in their respective fields

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nexant. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8