NEXCOM

NEXCOM Employee Reviews

AP Supervisor (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 6, 2015
Friendly workplace atmosphere. Great feeling of belonging to a family. High volume and fast paced environment. Enjoyed the environment.
Productive Portco Crew
Environmental Service Technician (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: paid holidays, free lunch, provided transportation
Cons: healthcare, under-staffed, limited hours
The days that most busy are Tuesday and Fridays with much of the heavy work is done. Management is isn't strict but could stand to be more understanding due to under-staffing and work load. Co workers at times are pleasant to be around and some could use better training to help out with the harder work. For the most part it is hard to get extra hours and help but the enjoyable part is the job isn't hard to do simplicity wise.
could be better
Customer service (Former Employee), norfolk vaFebruary 4, 2015
The management is very lacking however the work itself is good. Worked there for over four years and when they changed the location it all became more about the business than about the customers.
Great shifts
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 14, 2015
Work is easy. People are great. Management is good. Pay is ok. Benefits are good.
very different
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Great Lakes, ILNovember 15, 2014
It was a typical day where you just view the list of duties. You do your duties and assist customers until its time to clock out.
Productive workplace
Carpenter (Former Employee), Newport News, VAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: productive workplace
Cons: none......
You never have one designated workplace. One day you could work in Norfolk, the next day Chesapeake, the day after that Willamsburg.
Supply Clerk
Supply Clerk (Current Employee), Suffolk, VAJune 27, 2014
Pros: learning government retail procedures
Cons: breaks and lunches get missed due to fixing discrepanies found.
A typical day at work would be utilizing warehouse transaction reports to physically verify how merchandise is received, picked and shipped, ensuring all procedures are adhered to. As well as, identifing and resolving discrepanies of merchandise on hand.
no room for advancement
Special Orders Clerk/ E-Commerce Customer Service (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 11, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: no support from management
due to nature of the business we provide service to active duty and their dependents. policy dictates to give them anything they want.
Fast paced
Supervisory Sales Clerk-Hardlines (Current Employee), MarylandFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: no tax shopping, friendly customers, great co-workers
Cons: pay is not comparable to outside.
Constantly changing environment. I am proud to serve and assist our Military both active duty and retired and their spouses.
Productive, enthusiastic, and well diverse company
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Norfolk, VADecember 14, 2013
the company does a good job of taking care of their employees.they also great benefits and paid time off.
Wonderful place to work
Worldwide Distribution Operations Support Manager (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAOctober 10, 2013
Pros: people
Been here 30 years retiring 1 Jan 2014 worked with the best of the best. They invested in my education and in me. I gave back 150%
Job Security
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 12, 2013
This is a great place to work if you are in your twenties. It has great benefits for full time employees. The management staff definitely needs tweaking. Complacent is a questionable issue for the managerial staff.
efficient work environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Naval Base San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2013
Pros: military base access
Cons: benefits
during the job of warehouse worker i was tasked to do many things some of which are labourous. knowing how to organize merchandise in an orderly fashion amidst a lot of action between workers using forklifts and pallet jacks is important when doin this job. most activities were team drivin requiring employees to work well with others.
Support Military
Warehouse Worker, Inventory Control specialist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: military, benefits
Cons: leaving
Coming to work get supplies an freight to ship out to store all across the world for our military . I learned that our customers are our family which is the military. Managers was very professional and they where easy to work for such as my co-workers I enjoy every part of working there . The hardest part of the job is not working there.
NEXCOM was a great experience as far as how the Military replenishes supplies and the shear volume of the orders.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Suffolk, VANovember 16, 2012
Pros: great hours
Cons: job length too short
Typical day at work started very early, I learned how to find an order, confirm it and get it out quickly, the management of very matter-of-factly, my co-workers were very hard workers with no down time, the hardest part of the job was having to load a pull 7 ft. pallet jacks when the belt was down, but I did not mind...it was part of the job, the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my orders go out correctly and successfully with no returns.
Regular Job
Store Worker (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 14, 2012
Pros: no taxes
Cons: short break
My day usually consists of having to work at a dynamic pace to ensure the cleanliness of the all surace areas in the Food Court.
Stressful work environment
Material Handler (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAOctober 5, 2012
Worked 40 hours, but did not provide benefit packages. Mislead workers of job expectatation and values,
Decent job if you are willing to work hard.
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Chino, CAJune 1, 2012
Pros: lots of paid time off.
Cons: untrustworthy management.
Good place to work if you keep your mouth shut.
Supervision cannot be trusted.
Lots of mandatory overtime.
Productive and Good Customer Service
Sales Clerk (NF-1) (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 5, 2012
You will be treated with a good customer service and the employee will help you look for the items you want and explain to you all the benefits, coverage and discount of the items you bought.

About NEXCOM

Nexcom is a national outsourcing company for web application development, cloud services, and wireless mobile management. We – Read more