Nexeo Solutions

Nexeo Solutions Employer Reviews

Good company
Pricing Coordinator (Current Employee), Dublin, OHFebruary 19, 2015
Proactively identify and work with Product Line Management to resolve gaps between purchasing activities and the absence of contract data pertinent to the accuracy of buy-side activities.
poor management
tank farm operator/ blender (Current Employee), Conroe, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: free donuts when we work saturdays
Cons: short brakes
I feel like i am working more than normal just to get the work done and the company doesnt apriciate my work. is alot of thinking when you have to unload 12 trucks, blend 4 -6 blend of 5000-6500gls and load them all, and sometime still go to the railcard to get a load of quimical to transffere to our storage tank. work that hard for only .50 cents raise a year. As a worker i will give the best of me anywhere i work at but i expect something back.
Good pay, Great benefits
Hazmat tank driver/Dispatch help/Yard mule help (Current Employee), Willis TexasFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: switch rules going from one to another each month
Great benefits and good pay, the issue with this company is that the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing so there is lots of confusion on what the rules are. There are also people in positions that know nothing about truck driving that are simply there because of the merger from another company which makes it difficult for the drivers to do their job with no liason to lean on for help.
ok job when the work is there
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee), Clearfield, UTFebruary 11, 2015
I dont think managment cares about the people any more.they are just worried about the bottom line. And when times get slow they come up with some lame excuse to fire you
SWEAT SHOP!!!!
Tax Manager (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free sodas
Cons: no work/life balance
Absolutely NO work life balance especially in the accounting and tax departments. Company is way under staffed and management does not care. Management refuses to provide adequate resources to get the job done right. Lots of dissatisfied employees with lots of turn over!
Opportunity to grow
Customer Service Representative / Account Manager (Former Employee), Dublin, OHFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunches, on site gym, on site cafe, on site credit union, tons of pot lucks, free catered lunches often
Cons: can't think of any that could pertain to just any one person
I loved my job at Nexeo Solutions (FKA: Ashland Distribution).
I was warmly welcomed into the composites customer service team when I started there. I stayed with the same team up until my departure from the company.
NOTE: This review is MY experience here meaning that it doesn't pertain to any other employees' opinion of the company.

I cannot say much, if I told all that I think of my experience here I would be typing this for far too long.
I started as a temporary. I was hired full time shortly after.
I felt so welcomed into the team that they soon became like family.
(I know other areas of this company and a lot of those employees' feel the same as I do)
I had the best supervisor and management. My sales team was awesome! My fellow CSR teammates never failed me. This company is very team oriented and each person is fully expected to hold their own as well as your teams back if needed.
I was never over worked I don't believe. If I was then I believe I asked for it.
I was ALWAYS acknowledged for a job well done and was compensated for it in one form or another. Same goes for if I messed up it was never over looked and it was brought to my attention in a very professional and fair manner .... they offered ways to avoid it next time. This company WANTS you to excel!

It should be said that the only reason I am longer employed here is because I was given the opportunity to be a stay at home mother for my son. (I went through pregnancy and maternity leave here, which by the way they were always supportive and I was given all the time I needed)
I gave them that I was leaving and – more... I was so well respected for my decision even while they hated to see me go. I was given a beautiful good bye party which I walked away in tears.

All in all, a wonderful place of employment, room to grow, incentives, vacation, sick time, benefits (you pay for unfortunately) but still ok, team oriented, travel available if needed, support, always trained sufficiently before expected to perform alone. – less
warehouse handler
Janitor/ Material handler (Current Employee), blythewood s.c.January 19, 2015
filling water empty all trash cans and go to the floor and collect all recyclables. I learned how to be a material handler and bale different materials.I have a good manager. when I have to do my duties and somebody else when they don't show up for work. the discounts and holidays.
Worst Company to ever set foot in
Supply Chain (Former Employee), The WoodlandsJanuary 3, 2015
Cons: everything about this place is a major con
Management is ridiculous and HR is incompetent.
I went to manager of procurement for assistance with a problem and the gay didn't acknowledge nor did he offer assistance so I went to HR and was fired less than 3 weeks later for posting a bad review online.
Good working condition
Truck driver (Former Employee), Freedom, PANovember 14, 2014
Had good equipment, good maintenance program and all around good working conditions.
Great for knowledge building
Customer Service (Current Employee), Dublin, OHNovember 12, 2014
I am able to use and build upon previous experience in SAP, and data management. Advancement and growth opportunities are extremely limited.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! It's Not for Anybody
Inventory Control (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2014
Pros: i like the colors of the logo.
Cons: no breaks.
Typical day at work is me sitting at my computer and wondering if it really takes a college degree to work here.

What I've learned is Charlie Chaplin was right when he said up close life is a tradegy but in the big picture, it's a comedy. That sums up Nexeo management.

Co-workers are alright.

Hardest part of the job is getting out of bed Monday through Friday for another uneventful day at work.

The most enjoyable part of the day is when I leave Nexeo for the night.
not for everyone. fast paced, results oriented.
Sales (Former Employee), USSeptember 4, 2014
Great tools and compensation for those that can tolerate the pace and change.
good contractor position
Contractor (Former Employee), dublin, ohioSeptember 1, 2014
this was a contractor position. I did learn a new computer system that will be helpful.
New Company
Buyer (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXAugust 14, 2014
Nexeo is a new and growing company. If you are not accustomed to change, this may not be the company for you.
Great Organization
Regional Project Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 1, 2014
Pros: as rpm people have complete confidence in what you do
Cons: sometimes there is too much travel and too much work, but it goes in cycles.
Great organization to work for. Managers expect results but convey expectations well and provide you with the tools to succeed.
Growing company experiencing the normal cycles of a new orgainzation.
NA Packaging & Procurement Operations Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 30, 2014
Pros: compensation, healthcare, office environment
Cons: work life balance & turnover
The company is still in a forming stage in its 3 year of existence. Putting processes and procedures in place and trying to establish a culture employees can identify with. This will be difficult as the company is made up of experienced professionals with strong chemical backgrounds and believe their former culture represents Best Demonstrated Practices. However that is what should ultimately make the company extremely successful, the experience and commitment of the professionals referenced earlier.

Compensation is very competitive and matches the expectations for results. The employees are certainly the most enjoyable part of this company, as each of them are working hard to help contribute to the improved market share that is desired by all in this industry.

For anyone seeking a challenge, opportunity and competitive salaries, then I would strongly recommend this company. Three words of caution, Work Life Balance. It's easy to get caught up working from home until midnight because you can see the incremental improvements of you or your teams efforts.
Corporate takeover
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dublin, OHJune 27, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Assist customers with manufacturing their products great coworkers, work as a team to provide great service to our customers
Run, Stay Away
material handler (Current Employee), Carteret, NJApril 4, 2014
Pros: decent salary
Cons: too many. read the review.
It is the most incompetent and mismanaged company i have ever worked for. very disorganized. inventory control is non existent. consistently run out of product on a daily basis. they care nothing about the employees. stay away. no accolades for a job well done. just push for more. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.
Poor Leadership
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee), Dublin, OHJanuary 6, 2014
Very poor management practices in the lower management ranks. Very unfair treatment of certain employees.
Challaging
Director of Transportation (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXNovember 12, 2013
Start up $4 Billion dollar company.
Lots of opportunity to grow in the business and make decisions.

About Nexeo Solutions