Nexion Health, Inc. Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, TXJune 14, 2017
The only thing I enjoyed about my position with this company was the residents. Management cares nothing about their employees unless you're in the "clique". The DON plays employees against each other. Corporate is either clueless or uncaring as long as the bottom line is acceptable. If they don't like you, they will find a way to get rid of you. There are never enough supplies for resident care. And staffing is horrible.
Pros
Residents
Extremely unprofessional workplace.
Healthcare Representative (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAJune 10, 2017
Way too much favoritism. Certain staff can slack off to the maximum while others are constantly pushed to the point of quiting. Managers and department heads will be aware of coworkers extremely poor performance and turn a blind eye due to them either working there a long time or because they are friends. If you voice your concerns about the workplace or the managers they will set you up and make sure you are out of the door. They will put an impossible workload on you and expect you to complete all assignments and get off on time. Very unhealthy work environment. Managers and department heads are biased and cater to certain employees who barely work or shed a drop of sweat while they are there. The company's culture and intentions are good, the managers are what's hurting them more than anything.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Unprofessional department heads and mangers.
worst place to work
cna (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAJune 3, 2017
The upper magement one lady was very mean to me the whle time i worked there I guess it was cause i am young I had just started working there and the adon talked to me like i was a dog another lady the medical supply lady was very mean to me never spoke two words to her she would follow me aroud has i went into residents rooms not all the time but she did always understaff they want you to do the job of 10 but never have enough supplies to do your job has a cna the nurses are lazy they cant even do their own job but want you to do 10 things at once while they sit down and take personal calls on work phone has well has there cell phone you tell them a resident is in pain the resident has to wait 2 hours til the nurse gives the a pain pill while the resident waits and suffers I would never advise anyone to work here
underpaid, overworked, unappreciated
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vivian, LAMay 28, 2017
Could differently be better..their is hardly ever a day where its not understaffed. Its hard to properly care for your residents when there isn't enough help or supply's for that matter. The nurses don't make it much better, they could know your busy doing something and instead of trying to help out a little because they also know the job isn't easy especially when short handed, they just get on the intercom and bark more things for you to do. Where all people and can only do so much with whats giving to us.
Pros
location
Cons
heath care
Don't do it, this company is horrible
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAMay 25, 2017
They write policies and procedures on the fly, they have favorite buildings that get "special" stuff. Upper level mgmt keep up mess, gossip and run staff off. Jealous ladies trying to show there worth. Want 150% but give little in return. High turn overs and stressful work enviroments
worst job ever
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 30, 2017
overall management sucks ...attention and special attention given to those that play and don't work .the ones that work are hounded to do everything the lazy don't.nurses are rude they don't go beyond pill passing and god forbid please don't ask dietary for a tray for a resident or you can be cursed out hightower is the worst nurse there patients complain as well as cna's
Pros
they feed you
Cons
building has a bug, roach, infestation
great job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Gilmer, TXMarch 12, 2017
Enjoyed driving job not enough hours. Job was good but very stressful. it wasalot of hours at first but other driver came back an only got one day a week
Horrible nightmare!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  LouisianaFebruary 15, 2017
Horrible company!
Absolutely no respect for Administrators, every regional and above wants to tell you how to run your facility and they have never been Administrators or DONs. Admins and DONs are nothing but puppets on strings, doing what you are told to do, or you will lose your job. No morals, company has absolutely no morals at ALL! Should be ashamed of how they (regional team and corporate) treat people, ashamed.
Benefits are ok
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Navasota, TXFebruary 11, 2017
What is left of the current staff is with several exceptions are hard working caring individuals but your job is threatened daily. Staff are leaving in droves. The residents are the most amazing part of the job. Management has made residents and staff expendable and that is frightening
Pros
Cons
Your livelihood is threatened daily
great company I love it
RFS (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2017
great company the hardest part was to transportation to work and home in houston traffic. I love what I do . I work well with others, I have a supervisor who is reasonable and understand some things.
Pros
bonus
Cons
travel in houston traffic
Caring and friendly work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marrero, LAJune 2, 2016
A typical day at Nexion starts at six in the morning for me. I go in and get my residents ready for their day. The co workers are all friendly and we do alot of team work which is great.The hardest part of the day is leaving when you know the residents wants you to stay with them. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing their eyes light up, and them smiling ear to ear when they see me .
Pros
getting to enjoy the stories of my residents
Turn and Run, do not work for this company!!!!!!!!!
Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 18, 2016
The only good thing I can say about this company is the Corporate Dietician! She is wonderful and helps the best she can! I can only speak about the building I worked at personally. I was the Dietary manager there for 1 year, I worked countless hours 70+ a week, you can check my time sheets. It was near impossible to get anyone hired because they wouldn't come in etc... and I told them the place were putting the ads isn't working. The administrator settles for below average care because its "too hard to find anyone" so he settles for the worst and mean while the best employees constantly get the far end of the stick. Even the CEO is a joke, he came to visit the facility and talked to us department heads and all he could talk about was how the company makes 22 million a year and how he owns stores at Disney etc... I reported what was going on to corporate and my chain of command and they did nothing. It was even near impossible to get rid of anyone no matter what the problem was for example I had an employee stealing a great amount of product I had proof and they refused to ok the termination!!!! The only thing I miss about that place is the residents!!
Excellent complany to work for
MDS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2015
I enjoy truly working with this company. They have afforded opportunities that I never would have attempted in other settings. I am grateful for all coworkers, management staff and of course wonderful residents that I have encountered while working here at Beechnut Manor.
awesome
associate programmer (Former Employee) –  Irving,TXOctober 19, 2015
Let's just say that when I come to work, it feels like I am coming home and it's always something new!
everyone is always nice and happy to see you!
Loving home.
Regency Healthcare (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TXAugust 30, 2015
I work with many people a day and are friends with everyone.

Its some times hard having to take the lead in things but I have learned so much about business
the ends and outs of making money and how to save our product. I come up with great advertisement ideas and made the company good money. I find great enjoyment to be successful.
Pros
having great ideas.
Cons
long hours.
It is
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXMarch 12, 2015
I Enjoy being around some of my co-workers,Some are very friendly helpful to me.I have always believed in teamwork,i also enjoyed being around my residents.Some of the motivate me in to wanting me to want to move up and become a nurse and or Doctor
Pros
Longer Lunch Breaks
Cons
Raise the pay
Productive And fun place With Great outdoors
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Humble,TxMarch 9, 2015
I enjoy working for Nexion Healthcare Because it has taught me how to learn and grow as a Employee, Such As keeping a positive With all of my Invidividual Employees And Residents I do Enjoy Taking care of The Aged And disabled People.
Pros
Free benefits
Cons
Longer Breaks, Better Hours
admin is a micromanager
DON (Current Employee) –  Kaplan, LAJanuary 6, 2015
good if you like to be micromanaged. Company tends to be paperwork driven. excess reports and paperwork that takes up a lot of your time.
Pros
good pay with insurance at affordiable rates
Cons
micromanaged and copies amts of paperwork and meetings.
Fun Working Experience with a Humane atmosphere
Dietary Aid/Facility Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2014
Maintained care and cleaned work areas equipment, walls, cabinets and other areas assigned in accordance with established procedures.
• Answer the phone and deliver items to different units.
• Follow patient menu’s accurately in the tray make-up line.
• Ensured all food procedures are followed in accordance with established policies and sanitary regulations.
• Assisted with preparing and serving meals as necessary.
• Delivered food carts to designated places and ensured that carts are returned to kitchen for cleaning and storage.
• Attended scheduled departmental studies, workshops and in-service training programs to ensure up-to-date knowledge and safety regulations are being followed.
Nexion was a great company
Asst. Director of Health Information (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 20, 2014
Work was a very enjoyable environment, great coworkers and manager staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nexion Health, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8