Nexius Employee Reviews in United States

Nexius Culture
Lead RF Engineer (Former Employee) –  Allen, Tx.February 17, 2016
I found the Nexius culture very interesting, as it was extremely diverse in its' employees. While somewhat disorganized, in terms of follow through with innovative ideas to insure employee retention and advancement.
I enjoyed working with folks from all over the world, many of whom were here on H1B status, it was very interesting to better understand their respective cultural differences and to enhance their knowledge of western culture.
I found very little personal/professional balance in my position and often put in 16 - 18 hour days and weekend work, in order to maintain some sense of organization and accountability amongst our teams. However, this was an expectation from upper management.
Pros
Great medical and health benefits
Cons
life balance, poor internal research to the continued utilization of engineers, as their respective projects were completed. Witnessed many solid engineers laid off, rather than trying to fit them in to other existing projects.
Upper management is AWESOME
Construction Manager QA/QC Auditor (Former Employee) –  Home BasedJanuary 4, 2016
Middle management was not always responsive. Hardest part of job is the promise of being compensated for EXTREMELY long hours and weekends and ultimately not having comp-time as promised. Promise of staying employed and being laid off during the first Reduction in Force.
Pros
Very supportive co-workers
Cons
promises, promises, promises
Typical Bate and Switch
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 8, 2016
Job description that was signed up for did not match the actual job duties and responsibilities. Was also promised long term stability which actually turned out to be short term do to the end customer pulling project funding for the market. In return they offered me a position in Alabama even though I was very upfront with them during the on boarding process that I was not willing to relocate.
Pros
salary/Benefits
Cons
Bate and Switch
Be afraid
SR RF ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 19, 2015
As far as RF goes, very unstable. They will lowball you on compensation. Take it for experience but save your money if you are thinking about GC.
Not a bad company, not the worse.
Project Manager / Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 12, 2016
Just started working for the company and 5 months later they decide to lay off my manager and other employees. A little dis-concerning regarding longevity of my future.
Cons
Good pay and benefits
Productive and relaxed atmoshphere with new challenges daily.
Warehouse Recieving Lead/ Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 20, 2015
Relaxed work atmosphere with no one micro-managing your every move. Not all about the productivity rate but how accurate you are. Lot of politics but, this is something every company has.
Pros
Lots of Company Outings and lunches
Cons
Pay Rate could be a little better for frontline employees
Highly qualified people to work and learn with
market research (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXJanuary 14, 2016
An incredible company to learn and grow with. The managment team is highly qualified and the company´s beliefs such as excellence and integrity are very well applied to the daily work.
Good Place
rf engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 18, 2016
I enjoyed my days of working here, great people, learned new stuff everyday to keep you abreast of this ever-changing Field.
Pros
New things to Learn
Cons
No insurance
RF engineering
Associate RF Engineer / RF engineer Level II (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 24, 2015
Own schedule. Manage own resources. planed drive routes. Test equipments. review settings. work closely with RF III engineer. Investigated sites, queried site data in tableau (performances), pulled neighbor list and updated test equipments with site settings.
-Learned new criteria for LTE development.
-Worked until live test completed.
-Flexible and fast support.
Pros
Flexible work
Cons
mismanagement of resources
Going through management changes & restructuring right now.
Compliance / Site Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 9, 2015
Recently, my work day has become very hectic as our current management is scrambling to meet client needs under new management who is also trying to change our workflow process.

Typically, I receive lease and permitting documents from our SAQ vendor which I review for accuracy. If compliant, these documents get uploaded to the company database and Nexius' database. I order construction drawings, structural analysis, compliance documents/testing, etc. All of these documents are reviewed and compared for accuracy before being uploaded to the databases. Once all documents are complete and correct, they will be put together in a Site Acquisition Release to Construction Package (SARC). This package is submitted to the client for approval and a Construction Notice to Proceed. The package is then passed off to our Construction team. Throughout the above process, consistent communication with the client and vendors must happen with detail and deadlines to meet (scheduling and reforecasting happens throughout the entire site process).

I have some of the best co-workers that I have ever had the pleasure of working with. We all get along and are there to assist each other whenever we can. The hardest part of my job right now is just remaining patient with the Project Manager while he is trying to put a process in place, yet consistently changes his mind, anywhere from 2-3 times a day. As soon as you really get into working on something, he's changed his mind again and everything you just did has to be redone another way. Rework isn't good in any company.

I love the
  more... type of work I do and the interaction with the client, vendors, and other disciplines within the company. What I enjoy the most is the ability to telecommute from home when necessary.  less
Pros
Option to telecommute from home, co-workers, benefits
Cons
Commute to the office is very long for me. Managment is currently reorganizing and replanning.
Where we all want to work!
EC (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXMay 1, 2014
I started Nexius about 6 years ago now. Even with the hard times i choose Nexius every day.
I can balance my personal life with my work life counting the busy weeks we all have at work. The company is family oriented, healthy culture, fun environment, foster sports and healthy style of life.
People at the office are genuinely nice, and honestly helpful! i am always able to find help when i cannot continue on my own. And here is when i get to learn a lot from others and how they managed the situation.
Pros
open door policy (for real), team work, job culture, fun environment
Cons
no cons at the moment.
Great Culture that cares about their Employees
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Hannover, MDMay 1, 2014
This company really gives their employees empowerment to get the job done. They set up a great culture where they have an open door policy so anyone is free to suggest ways to improve.
They embrace change and constantly figure out ways to improve.
It's been a pleasure working for this organization so far...
Pros
great culture, growing company with room to get promoted fast, flexible, fun atmostphere
Cons
needs better management training when promoted
Great way to develop personal skills in the corporate world.
Site Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJune 30, 2015
My time at Nexius was trial by fire. Everything was learned through experience so it was a really great learning process and personal development. The most enjoyable parts of the day were ones where paypoints were hit and we were able to take the good news to the client.
Great Company to work for
Business Operations (Current Employee) –  RestonMay 1, 2014
Nexius is a great company to work for. Great culture, employees empowerment and advancement in your carrier.
Productive and nice place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hato Rey, PRSeptember 22, 2014
Hard work. I Learned to work with Sprint Siterra. Nice co-workers. The hardest part of the job was work overload. The most enjoyable part of the job was learn about new computers programs.
Pros
salary
Cons
healthcare
Nexius
National Safety Manager & Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 23, 2015
I started with Nexius Fusion (the construction side) when it was first created and it was a nightmare. Over the last year and a half due to some GREAT managers, we were able to turn things around and grow the business and make a HOME for many employees. I love Nexius and many of its employees. The majority of the employees LOVE Nexius, I can't describe it, it just takes a hold of you.
Work by contract
Drive Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hato Rey, PRMarch 29, 2015
Working by contract in Puerto Rico with a long term contract this company offer my an opportunity to get experience in the wireless telecommunication area.
Pros
Good payment
Cons
Nexius has many talented employees
Network Property Manager Puerto Rico and USVI (Former Employee) –  SanJuan. Puerto RicoNovember 17, 2013
Nexius was very good to me, and I would gladly work for them again.

The salaries they pay are above the industry ave3rag, but their projects require mobility.
Pros
great pay, good benefits, ability to work semi independently
Cons
short term projects and the hr dept can periodically be slow to respond.
Work Expertise
RF Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  PRMarch 7, 2014
•Sprint Performed from Legacy to Network Vision.
Project Requirement: Test: ATP, E-911 Test, (CDMA, EVDO, LTE) Optimization and Field Operation.
•RF Field Operation and Site Survey: (Electrical TILT Changes, Azimuth, and RX Power).
•Inspector for Ground Mount RRU changes add Remote Radio Units, Combiners installation and new fiber optic lines replacement.
Sprint BSM Tools for Site Implementation, Mobile Meridian Tools for KPI BTS Daily Report.
•LTE DT Team Leader (ATP Site & Clusters Optimizations).
Advanced Post-Processing using XCAP_M, Excel, MapInfo and Streets & Trips for Cluster Design.
Siterra software used for planning, prospecting, deployment and maintenance.
•Measurement Tools: XCal-M, Scanner, LG & Samsung UE’s.
•RF Engineering Assistance for Data Collector and Post Processing , Measuring network's
KPls 1xVoice Stadistics, EVDO Metrics and LTE Throughput.
Lack of communication
Project/construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 9, 2013
A communication company that lacks communication. Begged for work, changed supervisors 5 times in 7 months, promises made during the interview process were not kept, no job review.