Nexon America Employee Reviews

Could be an awesome place to work, sadly not.
Live Game Operations (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 16, 2017
Nexon has gone through it's ups and downs over the year, but recently the company has had a rough patch. Current management is oblivious of employee morale, and does not invest in many of their dedicated and highly experienced employees. Although this has been worse recently, it has been a common issue throughout the years.
Pros
Monthly Free Lunch, Free Beer
It's okay... I guess.
Senior Web Designer (contractor) (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CADecember 11, 2016
I had a nice boss and the VP is really cool. Overall the team I worked on was of nice people. Outside of that, It's a very high school environment. People stick to their own kind and you really see it at lunch time in the eating area. The location is boring, only handy thing is the Wholefoods closeby. It's a video game company but the environment is very corporate. Unprofessional H&R who gossips about other employees.
Pros
Nice office space
Cons
Unprofessional H&R lady
Terrible place, slowly circling the drain
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 28, 2015
A lot of the techniques and processes used felt straight out of 2007. They seem to have good plans but terrible execution and weak follow through. Nexon seems bent on following this execution and less concerned on growing great employees.
Pros
Great people, social atmosphere
Cons
Terrible career path, weak willed management, old school development mentality, low pay
Gamer's Paradise
Senior Accountant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 27, 2015
Creative, fun environment with a brilliant array of creativity, art, and personal effects that makes the office environment very unique.
Pros
Fun, energetic environment
Cons
Very long drive for my commute (recently relocated from out-of-state)
Great place for anyone who loves gameing.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2014
Maintaining a good game experience for our customers. Eliminating spammers from servers, tracking down lost/stolen in game items etc. Wonderful people to work with all round. Good understanding environment. Just an overall fun place to work.
Pros
It was a place I was passionate to work for, great enviroment
Cons
Difficult to get a perminate possition
Not for me
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  El SegundoSeptember 25, 2014
Not for me. Management know nothing they're trying to fly under the radar. Ask them a question and they are just as confused as you are. Just was not the place for me.
fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2014
they pay was a bit low,however, they'd take us to beach parties,dodger games ,movies etc.
Not competitive salary and benefits
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 12, 2013
Work / life balance is getting better.

Benefits HR shows off are just better than nothings. They still say they are providing us the best values.

Lots of foreign coworkers. I don't mind them as long as they do what they are hired to do, but when it was time to shrink the size of the company, HR didn't hesitate to let them go, not by firing them, but just stopping their VISA sponsorship or not promoting them. Dirty play..

Some people just don't get any chances to learn professional skills to advance in their careers.
Pros
Lots to learn if you need experiences
Cons
Not competitive salary and benefits, lack of job security
Amazing place to work, with positive energy
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2012
Typical day did not exist back then, as we were in start-up mode which made it exciting. I learned so much about the online games as a service, along with all of the channel partners for services. Great co-workers whom I stay in touch with. But the hardest part about this job was the management culture which was based and nurtured overseas with no room for growth. And the most enjoyable part of this job was that we were paving the way for other companies to create a new business model in the states. And the people whom I worked closely with were brilliant.
Pros
free lunches on fridays and company parties
Cons
no room for advancement
Great Place to work to get into the Video Game Industry and Front-End Web Development
Jr. Production Artist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 21, 2012
Nexon America is a great place to work as there were a lot of greatly skilled employees in which we worked as a cohesive family/team. The direction of our manager was excellent as he let us know what needed to be done, and had us very motivated. I felt as thought there was a great room of growth for the skills I wanted to attain, and that there was plenty of help from each other to be able to develop that for one another. Nexon also had very current software and adequate technology for us to work with also.
Pros
free lunches tues and fridays, team outings, great work environment
Cons
insurance benefits, advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nexon America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3