Nexon America

Nexon America Employee Reviews

Great place for anyone who loves gameing.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: it was a place i was passionate to work for, great enviroment
Cons: difficult to get a perminate possition
Maintaining a good game experience for our customers. Eliminating spammers from servers, tracking down lost/stolen in game items etc. Wonderful people to work with all round. Good understanding environment. Just an overall fun place to work.
Not for me
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), El SegundoSeptember 25, 2014
Not for me. Management know nothing they're trying to fly under the radar. Ask them a question and they are just as confused as you are. Just was not the place for me.
fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2014
they pay was a bit low,however, they'd take us to beach parties,dodger games ,movies etc.
Not competitive salary and benefits
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAMay 12, 2013
Pros: lots to learn if you need experiences
Cons: not competitive salary and benefits, lack of job security
Work / life balance is getting better.

Benefits HR shows off are just better than nothings. They still say they are providing us the best values.

Lots of foreign coworkers. I don't mind them as long as they do what they are hired to do, but when it was time to shrink the size of the company, HR didn't hesitate to let them go, not by firing them, but just stopping their VISA sponsorship or not promoting them. Dirty play..

Some people just don't get any chances to learn professional skills to advance in their careers.
Amazing place to work, with positive energy
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2012
Pros: free lunches on fridays and company parties
Cons: no room for advancement
Typical day did not exist back then, as we were in start-up mode which made it exciting. I learned so much about the online games as a service, along with all of the channel partners for services. Great co-workers whom I stay in touch with. But the hardest part about this job was the management culture which was based and nurtured overseas with no room for growth. And the most enjoyable part of this job was that we were paving the way for other companies to create a new business model in the states. And the people whom I worked closely with were brilliant.
Great Place to work to get into the Video Game Industry and Front-End Web Development
Jr. Production Artist (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAFebruary 21, 2012
Pros: free lunches tues and fridays, team outings, great work environment
Cons: insurance benefits, advancement
Nexon America is a great place to work as there were a lot of greatly skilled employees in which we worked as a cohesive family/team. The direction of our manager was excellent as he let us know what needed to be done, and had us very motivated. I felt as thought there was a great room of growth for the skills I wanted to attain, and that there was plenty of help from each other to be able to develop that for one another. Nexon also had very current software and adequate technology for us to work with also.