NexRep

NexRep United States Employee Reviews

NexRep (CSR line) is horrible
CSR (Current Employee), Home basedMarch 12, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule (but now that is debatable)
Cons: unorganized; lazy agents; lazy team leads & the boss is horrible
NexRep started off great but the more you get to know people, the truth becomes very apparent. Working the CSR line - little to no organization with neither the client nor the "team leads" and the head honcho boss guy is ALL over the place and doesn't seem to have a clue - EVER. They tell you one thing but do the exact opposite. Drama, gossip and jealousy run rampant and they have NO idea what they're doing most of the time.

Training was fun - we had a really nice trainer at the time - no complaints there.

Team Leads - A joke. I really don't know what mine does all day to be honest.

The client - Super dysfunctional. Product is very hard to provide service for since how it never works and all I seem to do is send out countless replacements. You get very little answers from this client and have to depend on your "TL" for everything - which as I stated earlier, is a joke because they haven't a clue what is going on so you're stuck wondering and then find out later when you get a low QA score. Customers are not happy most of the time since how most of them are on their third or fourth band in less than 6 months.

A heck of a lot of agents do as little as possible and stay in not ready status most of the time so the very few of us who actually do our jobs get stuck taking all the calls. Don't even get me started on the couple who harass you non-stop and have the biggest egos I have ever experienced before in my life.

Favoritism is very apparent as well. The "boss guy" has his favorite and allows this person to do whatever she pleases while others are talked about non-stop - it's – more... pretty disturbing.

If you're lucky enough to be considered to move into another role, don't expect a decent raise (if any)...rather, you should expect to do 3x the work but not be compensated fairly.

To sum it all up: be very wary of this place (at least the CSR line). There used to be some really great people there, but some of them finally had enough and left and I can't blame them one bit...I'll be doing the same as soon as I can. – less
Great Company to Work from Home
Customer Service/Coach/Monitor (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: abilitly to work from home and set my own hours
Cons: not much room for advancement at this time, worked with out a raise in almost 2 years.
Excellent team work, very family friendly, comfort to work in own home. Supervisors top noche. Ability to set own hours. Very reputable work at home company.
Flexible hours, great supervisors but inconsistent income
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Portland, MENovember 3, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, work at home
Cons: inconsistent income.
I had some experience at call centers and found NexRep's work at home very appealing. They are a reputable company and you get paid on time. The immediate supervisors are supportive and understanding. Yet I have to say that I feel like certain agents are filtered the best leads. Some agents are constantly and consistently making over $140 an hour in sales revenue. That doesn't mean they are making that much an hour but it keeps them well above the $108/hr revenue required to receive 10% commission. That is the catch 22. If you hit that mark during the week and decide to put in more hours you can fall to a flat 3.5% commission. NexRep pay their agents $5 an hour so sometimes it's just not worth putting in more hours if you reach the 10% goal. If you make at least $80/hr revenue you at least get 7% commission on your sales. Their clients are tough sells sometimes and many times the customer is right about the over priced shipping and handling. Also you are required to hard sell clubs/magazine offers. I spend about 2-3 hours on the phone/pc have my own headset and some days I love my job and other days not. I guess the best thing is working from home, not worrying about gas prices and the flexibility.
Ok place to work
Telecommute Agent (Former Employee), Lithia, FlJuly 22, 2014
Making calls to customers to find out if I could help them with the purchase they called in about but didn't complete
It really has its pros and cons
Outbound Sales Rep (Former Employee), at homeJune 26, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: slimy salesman feel, low pay, management doesn't answer questions
The training was fun. The scripts are somewhat easy to follow but what gets tricky is when a customer doesn't answer the way they're supposed to, or they interrupt and ask something out of sequence. I've been reprimanded for saying something IN the script. You have to push upsell after upsell after upsell and it angers the customers. Then you get to the end and have to push club memberships which angers them to no end and they cancel their whole order. Even if they say please don't offer me anything else, you have to keep going. And even if you always keep going and reading everything you're supposed to, and push the customer to the edge, and you actually get the sale, you're still reprimanded if they didn't take the club membership. Even though you offered it with a cheery voice and rebutted their "no" 3 times, you still get in trouble.
Now, the schedule part is amazing. You can schedule yourself whenever you want to work. If you need 4 days off for a weekend trip, just work extra the other 3 days. If you want to just do a couple hours every day, then hey work 7 days. It's up to you. I worked while my kids were in school and it was perfect, timing wise.
Management is something else. They don't respond to your questions most times. Emails go completely unanswered. However if you do get an answer, it's canned and skirts around the issue. Actually one time I had a problem where we called a customer 37 days after they had ordered, to sell them MORE products, and the customer was very upset because they hadn't even received everything from their first order yet! I messaged a manager – more... right away and got told "well, that's just one customer". Wow!! The business practices they follow are just icky. I hate pushing little old ladies into spending $15 a month on magazines they don't want and getting the upgrade on their product and ordering another one for a friend or family member.
The leads are iffy too. People have already ordered. People called the wrong number. People already told c/s that they don't have a credit card or don't speak English. But we call them and call them and call them. I've had the same answering machine 3 times in one hour. I've had other customers who said that we've already called them three times and have been told no three times. Now I understand that customers lie. But there was only 2 weeks out of 6 months that I made the promised $15 an hour. Most weeks it's been about $6 an hour. – less
Great place to work!
Tech Support (Current Employee), Salem, ORJune 17, 2014
I have worked at nexrep for the last two months I really enjoy the work and the managers are there when you need them. They have worked with me a lot as I had some issues with the software once that was all fixed things have been great!
Great
Receptionist (Current Employee), Saco, MEApril 9, 2014
Pros: great hours, flexable, great pay
Cons: can sometimes be slow
Company is quite flexible and great to work for. I am currently a receptionist through NexRep for the shop "The Dry Bar" It's awesome that I get to work at home and get to pick my own hours to work for. At first I was a bit uneasy about working for them because I was working from home and the pay didn't seem that great. but to my surprise The DryBar is quite busy with it's 36 locations across the country and there are some days it is none stop calling. I get paid per minute and every paycheck I have received so far are amazing and makes it worth it!
Excellent Company
Customer Service Associate/ Independent Contractor (Current Employee), virtualMarch 17, 2014
I love working for NexRep. I work with them part time currently. My hours are very flexible, allowing me to work full time elsewhere.
External Receptionist (Current Employee), GeorgiaFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: working from home
The management team is always there ready to help and answer questions. Really, the entire team is very much a family. We all help and support each other.

The hours are as flexible as you need or want them to be.
A great place to work.
Interviewing process was good
Marketer (Former Employee), Portland, MEMay 4, 2012
Cons: high turnover
As an employee promises not kept-high pay was mentioned but not granted-expectations were not met