A. POSITION OVERVIEW:
Reviews or oversees reviews of system documentation, specifications, business requirements, and peer reviews for each development project. Collaborates with executives, managers, supervisors, project leads, project teams, and IS staff in the development and implementation of new applications and enhancements to existing applications. Monitors software development on all projects and ensures that information flows freely to internal/external customers and the IT Director. Ensure that targeted business goals are achieved. This position will be responsible for all aspects of managing and motivating the Business Development Team. This position will also ensure business growth through directing and managing business development activities to ensure these are delivered in accordance with the organizational strategy
B. POSITION CONTENT
- Leads software development and maintenance activities in Information Technology. Manages software programmers and programmer/analysts in the Software Development Department, monitoring and assessing their performance on an ongoing basis. i.e. hires, trains, coaches, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, terminates as necessary, etc.
- Plan, forecast, and manage financial budgets for the software development department. Advises the IT Manager on design standards, architectural platforms and best practices for software development. Establishes and enforces software development standards.
- Provides effective leadership in the creation and maintenance of internal and external systems. This includes leading and managing software developers, providing expertise and guidance in defining system requirements and impact, enhancing and maintaining system components, and interacting with internal and external customers to ensure the delivery of the product – on time, and with exceptional quality.
- Establishes and enforces software development standards
- i.e. consistent user interfaces, secure coding practices, documentation, testing, etc.
- Establishes quality assurance protocols that ensure data integrity and reliability and protect the ongoing steady state of enterprise software applications
- Assist executive staff in establishing long-range business goals and objectives.
- Develop, review, and report on the business development division’s strategy, ensuring the strategic objectives are well understood and executed by the team
- Designs, creates or modifies applications, databases and reports to deliver client requested information.
- Tests, monitors and documents design, development and modifications to databases, software, information sources and reports.
- Supports clients in the operation of the applications, databases or reports as required. Troubleshoots problems as required.
- Keeps abreast of technical developments, new applications and threats to the applications supported.
C. KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS DESIRED:
- C# Programming Language – Expert
- Firm Understanding of MCF (Microsoft Communication Foundation)
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 – Intermediate
- Microsoft SQL Server – Intermediate
- Visual Studio - Intermediate
- Project Management - Intermediate
D. SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
Position receives supervision from the Information Technology Director.
Tasks and projects usually have predetermined standards for completion and deadlines. Significant issues are forwarded to the Information Technology Director with recommendations for resolution. Incumbent will use judgment to prioritize tasks and projects. Incumbent will also alert Information Technology Director and clients when deadlines or priorities may be compromised by the current task or project load.
E. SUPERVISION RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides oversight to the software engineer and application developers.
F. COMPLEXITY AND DIFFICULTY:
Complexity and difficulty are derived from the diversity and rapid changes that occur in technology and in the potential for business interruptions caused by user error, product failures, external attacks and the complexity of interactions between applications, hardware and operating systems. Time management and attention to progress against deadlines is critical.
G. CONTACTS INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF THE COMPANY
Contacts include: 1) field contacts- representatives, perspective representatives, and OSJ supervisors; 2) all employees; and 3) third party vendors.
H. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
PHYSICAL: Employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Indeed - 18 months ago