Next Medical Staffing

Next Medical Staffing Employer Reviews

Good experience with Next
COTA (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 20, 2013
Pros: friendly and available staff, good pay.
Cons: none that i experienced
I was hesitant on taking a travel assignment at first but after my experience on my first assignment I decided to take another and can say that I have had two good experiences with this company. I was always paid on time, was able to reach someone when I needed them, and felt like my best interests were always being watched out for.

At the actual assignment – more... locations I had a geat staff to work with. Everyone was courteous and kind and treated me as if I had been working with them for years.

Just had a child, but plan to do this again in the future. Will work with Next again if an opportunity is available at that time. – less
This is an Employer to Avoid at All Costs
Speech pathologist (Former Employee), Mtn. View, ArkansasMay 1, 2013
Pros: none from the perspective of an employee.
Cons: dishonest.
One cannot work for an employer who is fundamentally dishonest or so disorganized that they are dishonest when the truth would serve them better. This characterized my experiences with Next Medical Staffing, its CEO (who promulgates this corporate culture) and PF, its "HR manager" who is far more adept at lying than she is at telling the truth. The – more... manner in which they treat their clients parallels the way they treat their employees. Conditions of employment made during the interview process mean nothing to these people and are soon broken. This is the worst employer for whom I have ever worked in 41 years of teaching and clinical practice as an SLP. My sentiments were shared by other therapists and the facility's Director of Rehabilitation. The recruiter at NMS thought he had them "fooled". Their tactics are unconscionable. Unfortunately, I have nothing good that I can truthfully say about Next Medical Staffing, its management team, its recruiters and, particularly, its HR manager. There are a lot of staffing companies with integrity. I would encourage you to continue your search until you locate one of them. After several broken promises, I submitted a letter of resignation to Next Medical Staffing stating that I would accept no future assignments with them. I remained at the facility until the end of my contract. The housestaff, patients, their families, physicians were excellent to work with, and they stood in stark contrast to the people at Next Medical Staffing. – less
Avoid at all cost
Physical therapist (Former Employee), CaApril 18, 2013
Does not keep verbal contacts with therapist. Contracts are suspect. Does not honor contract. Go with a different company
Looking for a great travel company, call Next Medical Staffing
Traveling Therapist (Current Employee), CaliforniaDecember 7, 2012
Pros: caring, professional, experts in staffing, great company
I have found Next Medical Staffing to be one of the best companies I have ever worked with. They have exceeded my expectations on a number of occasions, understanding my needs, quickly returning calls, offering solutions and making me feel more than just an employee. I would strongly advise anyone looking for either a travel or a permanent position – more... to call them first. Great job Next Medical Staffing, keep up the good work and Thank You. – less
One of the better travel companies
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 7, 2012
Pros: service, compensation, attentiveness
I have been a travel occupational therapist for the last 3 years. I have taken assignments with various agencies and found Next Medical to provide one of the better experiences. They were very attentive to my needs. When you called you always got a person on the line, not voicemail like most of the other bigger agencies I have worked for. I also found – more... that they were very honest and did not over promise as many of the other companies will do just to get you to take an assignment with them.

The main reason I stuck with Next Medical was that they actually worked for me. When other agencies told me they would call me when a position opened up where I was looking, Next actually went out and worked on my behalf to pro-actively find a position. As a traveler you will realize the importance of this as you progress in your career. Most companies just want to sell you what they have like your dealing with used car salesman. This is the one company where I felt like service was a top priority.

If you are thinking about taking a travel assignment this is one of the handful of companies I would choose to work with. – less
A Company To Avoid
Physical Therapist (Former Employee), MissouriSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: absolutely none.
Cons: does not fulfill promises made to employees, does not respond effectively to issues that are personnel or hr related, does not pay full amount of salary as specified on the contract or "agreement", breaks verbal commitments regularly.
If you are looking for a "traveling company", I would encourage you to contnue your search. My experience with Next was marked by unfulfilled verbal commitments and frank dishonesty in several important areas.

For both professional and personal reasons, from my experience, I would suggest that you interact with a company that has a proven reputation – more... of excellence in the manner in which they treat their employees, and that is well known in the industry. I've worked for many employers over a career spanning 3 decades. This one was, without a doubt, the one with the least integrity or honesty with regard to how I was treated. The job I did for them was good enough that the facility offered me a part- or full-time position with them. – less