Next Orthosurgical is an early stage medical device company focused on the development of the highest quality orthopedic medical devices. Setup Machinist will have the opportunity to work wih cutting edge equipment while leveraging rapid company growth and opportunities to build their professional career.
The essential duties and responsibilities for the position are:
- Takes responsibility for fabrication of production parts.
- Provides support to manufacturing through fabricating fixtures and tooling.
- Provides feedback on products to engineering for manufacturability.
- Takes responsibility for maintenance of shop equipment.
- Operates and maintains machines.
- Performs minor repairs of equipment and fixtures using a variety of hand tools.
- Unloads, loads, lifts and moves materials.
- Stacks materials for storage.
- Collects refuse and salvageable materials.
- Operates forklifts on occasion.
- Operates equipment is a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, or property damage.
- Operates all heavy equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Trains other operators on use of machinery.
- Performs best practice quality checks on line and equipment.
- Sets up machinery and ensures all production materials are available.
- Operates and monitors equipment and replenishes materials as needed
- Monitors line for defective materials and perform any other related work in accordance with line quality.
- Records all data as required.
- Cleans and sanitizes all equipment and facility as required.
- Performs daily safety and maintenance checks.
- Participates in projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Maintains adequate records of key production variables such as production volume, yield, plant uptime, utility consumption, etc., on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis, as required.
- Participates in Quality Assurance program.
- Ensures heavy equipment is securely stored.
- Cleans hand-held mechanical devices as scheduled and/or required.
- Participates in routine maintenances.
- Practices workplace safety.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A.A.) preferred. Extensive experience with operating Swiss-turn is required.
Working knowledge of Swiss-turn machines and related software
Ability to read and understand drawings.
Must possess basic knowledge of machines and tools with regard to safety, use and repair.
Must possess the knowledge of applicable health and safety standards applicable to work environment
Must possess basic knowledge of the language and terminologies used in this occupation.
Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work as a team
Ability to use measuring equipment
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Completion of a machinist operator’s apprenticeship program preferred.
Indeed - 4 months ago
Next Orthosurgical is an early stage medical device company focused on the development of the highest quality medical devices. Design...