Next PLC

Next PLC Employer Reviews

DREADFUL PLACE
Sales assistant (Former Employee), ManchesterSeptember 3, 2014
There is nothing positive about working here..
Most staff are rude, nasty or stuck up
Everything you do is wrong and your fault
Runnish shifts
Put in the stockroom if the manager doesn't like you
Constantly told off
Extremely boring
Degrading managers making you feel worthless
Having to pretty much buy your uniform you don't like
Shifts put on outside – more... your avaliability and are told there's nothing they can do
No training you are left clueless
Put you on a floor you are unfamiliar with and you have to some how deal with it for a shift
The shop is a joke!!!!! I wouldn't feel comfortable going in there as a customer absolute joke! – less
Lies Lies Llies
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Manchester, UKAugust 28, 2014
Pros: staff discount
Cons: no time management skills, unorganised, liars
I applied to work for the summer, so it said. I worked for one day, 5:30am to 9am. I was NEVER told it was for just one day, I was NEVER told my contract had been terminated and was extremely embarrassed when I rang Next to ask about extra shifts that were said to be available to us and was told the news. I didn't get paid for my induction UNTIL I rang – more... 3 times, first time I was told people in recruitment were "not in" and she would pass my information on but I heard nothing for a week, I rang again and I was told she would pass my information on and that recruitment were "very busy", third time I rang, I was told it'll be done in a few days which is was but when I checked how much I got, I had tax taken out and for the 2 hours I was there (was meant to be 45 minutes) I got a lousy £5, after tax (I'm 17). During my induction for the summer role, we were told we would get our ID badges but never received them as the photocopier was "broke", so my question is, where were they with 15 people’s information for 2 hours? We never received Next lanyards to feel part of the team.

When I applied, the job description was completely misleading, it came across as you would be working through the ENTIRE summer, but didn't tell you you're there as a slave because "proper" Next staff couldn't be bothered. When I was doing my first and last shift at Next at the summer sale, my "mentor" was making me take security tags off and I hadn't been trained to do these things, she would hop off to go to the toilet every 10 minutes or so and leave me on my own awkwardly standing there not knowing what to say to very tired, very agitated customers who kept looking at me. However, after that shift, I thought the reason why it was horrible was because it was sale rush.

I applied again at Next and got lumbered with an 8hr contract, again during my team assessment after passing the telephone interview, I was told I'd get ID but still hadn't received it, I did get a lanyard though. During my induction, they took our passports and other information again for ID only to be told they have "run out" of cards and will be given them on the day of work - what have they been doing with my information on all four occasions.

During the induction, the guy was telling us how the bonus scheme works and he said something along the lines of people coming in to evaluate us and if we or one particular person didn't meet their expectations then the entire company will NOT get a bonus and he proceeded to say "imagine what people would say/do when they find out who was to blame", that shouldn't even crossed his mind to say that to a full room of 16 - 20 year olds!

It's taken two months to get my application shortlisted, get a phone interview, wait for the results, go to my team assessment and go to my induction (26th August) only to find out I started work SEP 8TH and my contract should end OCT 4TH, because they faffed around, I've missed out on potential work, they do say they will have shifts available but who knows.

I was excited to start my first ever job but after reading these reviews, I can safely say I'm not anymore. I am, however, looking for jobs while at Next and don't intend to stay long, they ARE very money orientated. – less
Avoid, especially if your thinking of doing full-time
Sales consultant (Former Employee), sutton surreyAugust 1, 2014
Pros: its easy to get a job, clocking out
Cons: boring, ungrateful managers, low salary, lack of training, no chance of progression, first time surfers
Worked here for 11months with little to no training, your told to sign into NEP each week but thats hard seeing as the store is either too busy or if your caught behind the till when its quiet you get moaned at to tidy the shop floor. Despite the lack of training I was constantly made to feel like I'm not good enough to work here because my product – more... knowledge wasn't up to scratch … am I expected to learn about products that are constantly changing during my own free time? For next yes, your soul is theres once you sign that contract.

Some managers, especially the female ones, can be very petty and often try to poke their nose in your business, don't let them, It's their way of sucking you in. No such thing as confidentiality, even when they lie and say this is between you and them, it's not.

I was always bored and the work everyday was pretty mundane we have a book with tasks to complete during ''task time'', they are easy to do, except they always want you to do it quicker… all whilst greeting every customer you walk past … and covering your ''zones'' on the shop floor … and smile.

Next as a company is beyond irrelevant and their clothes quality and style is just smoke and mirrors, trust me I honestly think there only half a step or even the same level as Primark, they just refuse to accept it.

Overall it's not hard to put clothes on a hanger, work a till and ask a customer if they need help (the fact they don't even give formal interviews proves this point) but for Next they basically want you to be all over customers so much so its almost looks like we are either harassing them or spoiling them. Some customers get irritated when we over step the mark trying to ''help'' them whilst other take advantage of Next's desperation to please by demanding full refunds for items they had purchased over 1 year ago!

glad i left before they brought back first time surfers – less
Deceitful
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Kettering, NorthantsJuly 25, 2014
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: pedantic
Worked here for the Summer Sale. I'll keep this brief as my employment was brief. Basically I wouldn't have taken the job if I'd known it was only for one day, I specifically asked if there would be more shifts and was assured there was. There wasn't. Was told I would be paid for my induction. I have not been paid for my induction. Would I work for – more... this company again? No. – less
CA World Solutions Review
control/Sales Assistant (Former Employee), San JoseJune 11, 2014
• Planning recruitment events to hire new staff.
• Recruiting staff - this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, short listing.
• Attending meetings, taking minutes and keeping notes.
Chilled atmosphere with lovely people!
Sales assistant (Current Employee), Cowley, OxfordMay 20, 2014
Pros: discount card, employee portal.
Cons: short breaks
I've been working at Next for just over a year now and I'm glad I stuck it out because it has definitely got better over time. I have found that the longer you're there, the nicer the managers will be too you. I don't know why people are complaining about always having to talk to customers because quite honestly you shouldn't be working in a shop if – more... you can't do that. Yes we have to work christmas eve and boxing day, but so does every other employee who works in any clothes shop in the UK. Plus if you're doing a 5am start on boxing day they won't make you work longer than 8 hours so you can still spend time with your family in the afternoon.
I must be lucky working in my next store because it's not as bad as what everyone else is making out. It's a very chilled atmosphere and all the staff and managers are friendly and if a manager asks you to do overtime and you say you can't then they let it go straight away and go ask someone else. I love the fact that you can go online to book shifts and holiday and they're always really fast to approve holiday leave.
Overall, it's a lovely place to work with a lovely atmosphere! – less
Terrible Workplace!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), LondonMay 11, 2014
Pros: discount card
Cons: random shifts, asking for holiday is a sin.
I was informed about how terrible Next was to work for but when you need money, a jobs a job! I am currently a student and started working for the company last year, I found that around 50% of the people there were my age.

I've read a lot about lack of training etc, I was till trained on my first shift and could do all returns by a month in, unlike – more... just clothing stores, I work on the Homeware department so the environment is slightly more chilled, a lot nicer than a clothing.

I'm fortunate to get along with nearly all my co workers minus a team coach and a very Mrs Trunchbull manager! Talk about keeping you on the edge everytime you hear footsteps coming!
Homeware consultants are expected to know a lot more than clothing - such as selling sofas, living furniture, home loan agreements, general order enquiries and being 16 when I started this was a lot to take in - especially learning through some cards in a book or watching a slideshow on the learning portal, terrible training considering customers are investing from 400 up to a few thousand at a time with interest rates blah de blah!
We are made to work like robots, assigned areas and they moan at you constantly about keeping that "natural approach" and "not be a robot" then every few months force us to hassle customers into their "first time surfers/directories" signups where if we dont get 10 to 15 signups in a day we would have to report to the manager why we didn't achieve this and then even threatened to explain to our regional manager why we aren't complying with their expectations!
1) Not everyone likes confronting customers that clearly dont want to be bothered by one of Next's scams?
2) When we don't achieve this by chance, I shouldn't have to justify myself, let alone be forced to take directories home with me to force my family and friends to fill them out cause I wasn't good enough? HOMEWORK? Am I at school?!

Lets not start about performance reviews.. If you're genuinely off sick for a GENUINE ILLNESS, for instance I was rushed in to hospital, this isn't good enough for next! Even with a hospital note, not worthy of sick pay and also drops you down to 3/4 stars in their system so that 4 star employees get priority of hours and you weren't good enough, HA!

Next's biggest con of all is also Shifts, Shift marketplace, your availability and HOLIDAY PAY. You will always be contracted a SMALL amount of hours so that you receive very MINIMAL holiday pay, I am contracted 7 hours per week, yet given 20 hours and still put on the spot to do more, if you haven't got a reason not to work, you're forced to, even if its not your contract! So when it comes down to holiday, you can only offer up holiday for your contracted hours and no matter how much overtime you do, with or without choice, these holiday hours do not increase!! (My advice to everyone is to change your availability to only your contracted shifts as this will help stop those surprise shifts given unexpectedly).

If you like going out christmas eve, think again! You will be made to price up for the sale (which happens a few times a year) and forced to work boxing day as well, starting as early as 5am. You don't want to work these days or wanted to spend time with your family? You're fired!

I also worked the exact same length of season as other permanent staff, they recieved £100/180+ end of season bonus and despite me doing more hours, being only a temp I received £20, HA!

The ONLY advantage is the discount card and the 25p coffee machine. – less
WORST PLACE TO WORK! EVERY LEAVES FOR A REASON, AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
Sales Consulant (Former Employee), LeedsApril 25, 2014
Pros: staff discount
Cons: short breaks, short shifts, bad co workers, poor management!!! understaffed always, two faced staff, low pay doing 10 peoples worth of work, high expectations! lack of training, they think your superwoman!!!
I have worked for Next for about 6 months and glad I left. It was part time position since im a student but the random shifts didn't help, even though I told them about the days I am unavailable they had me on rota to work, which was so annoying to change. It was like pulling teeth!!!

I thought it was just my store that was bad but after reading the – more... reviews of others, it appears to be a common pattern that everyone leaves because Next have absurd policies in place and the management are selfish and only care about figures. The more money they make that's all that matters!

It is the worst place I have ever worked honestly. The sale merits and team coaches speak to you as though you are piece of dirt. There is so much gossiping that goes on, I honestly cannot explain!

I did not get trained properly and just had to use my initiative. I pretty much taught myself everything. Out of the 50 staff, there were probably only 2 or 3 people that were ok to speak to and ask for help, maybe because we got recruited at the same time and worked the same hours so we were pretty much clueless as each other.

The store regularly changed everything and moved clothes to different areas of the store, which would be so called best sellers but in fact it annoyed the customers more and plus since we were part timers we didn't know where the stock is and it made us look like idiots unfront of the customers.

Management was mainly teenagers who were the team coaches and sales merits whom we had to ask permission of doing everything from going to the toilet and going for our breaks, moving anything, switching departments etc...

There is simply nothing good to say about this company, yet I thought it was a big branded company as the clothes are mainly expensive but the operation of the store is simply shocking!

They do pocket checks and bag searches that are done in front of customers when you leave the building without notification which was quite embarrassing and I felt was an invade of privacy which shows there is no trust in the employees. Refusal could lead to dismissal, so I had no choice but to comply.

What I have learnt is there no such thing as team work as the members of staff were just quite rude and store is always understaffed so the work load is hefty!!! There is no such thing as work friends and they just like to bad mouth you behind your back.

The most enjoyable part was probably leaving the company and one thing I surely learnt was to NEVER TO EVER WORK FOR NEXT! – less
Awful
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee), CanterburyApril 22, 2014
Pros: staff discount
Cons: puny contracts, short or no breaks, negative work place, no praise or thanks, hard work, low pay, no concern for staff welfare, high staff turnover, shop floor and management, short notice on shift changes
You are constantly stomped down and never praised, there are unreasonable expectations and if you do not meet them (it is almost impossible unless you cheat the system) you recieve a "strike" which you must sign to "accept" basically you get a strike every shift- 3 strikes get you a disciplinary luckily they hardly give you any hours so you're not in – more... to get many strikes. I dreaded going into work and felt very stressed after each shift. Any "improvements" that the company made only served to make working there more unpleasant. I was promised a team leader position (which involves no increase of pay or hours) but over 5 months this never materialised, I was made to lead the team and carry out team leader responsibility but without the title which meant it was extra hard as I didn't not have the authority to direct the team. Managers are negative and harsh and shop floor are lazy and self important. Stock room work is extremely physical and I would not advise anyone who cannot work hard flat out with very little in the way of a break if any (breaks are often denied) somehow they always managed to over staff in small deliveries and severely understaff on enormous deliveries, yet still expect you to complete them- almost never go home on time. I am so relieved to be shot of that job... I might actually seem family this Christmas (do not work here if you aren't willing to work Xmas eve and 5am Boxing Day- cause if you don't they WILL sack you) also when I requested a day off for a funeral I was asked who exactly died, just to make sure they were worthy of a day off. Insensitive company. Only conserved with profit- staff are not valued, simply disposable machines. – less
Awful place to work!
Sales assistant (Current Employee), Grimsby - Freshney PlaceApril 17, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: management, contracted hours, two faced staff
Please dont plan on staying here very long. Before I started here I was warned about the place but took no notice. When you start the job you will really enjoy it, that is until you get to know the place for what it really is!!

The managers are bullies, do not allow them to find your weakness or dislikes or they will make your life a misery. No matter – more... how hard you try or how much effort you give, they will find a way or complaining and making your life a living nightmare for no good reason.

On several occasions the Managers have been known to have bullied staff members to the point of quitting. Unless you can attach yourself into one of the 'clicks' your work life will not be very pleasant. Managers will often contradict themselves, and if you try and argue your point you will be threatening with a disciplinary for 'answering back'.

They have no interest in your person health/wellbeing, to them you are just a number that can help boost profits. You will be given a tiny contract usually 4-12 hours. However they will expect you to work 20-30 hours a week, so that when it comes time for you to take your holidays, you will only be paid for your small contracted hours.

All staff hours have been cut recently due to the company making cutbacks (even though the company made £500 million profit in 2013). So you will be on minimum staff even during busy periods, however you will still be expected to do the same amount of work as before.

One positive: Out of the 50-60 members of staff who work here, you will find 4-5 really decent friendly people who are a pleasure to talk to and work with. – less
Rubbish place to work with bad pay & hours.
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee), EnglandApril 13, 2014
Pros: little bit of training, some staff were friendly, staff discount
Cons: low pay, short days, temp contract, nasty work environment
- Training was okay, I learned more by asking other team members questions rather than management giving me any training.
- Stock team relaxed and supportive most of the time
- Downstairs staff were horrible, constantly bit ched about other staff members and customers on the shop floor, made your life hell on purpose. 1 manager in particular and his – more... sidekick seemed to take pleasure in being as nasty as possible.
- Downstairs staff constantly moaned about getting the stock downstairs, however never bothered to lift a finger to help put it out while expecting you to smile, talk to customers and tidy their floor when putting stock out - horrible, stupid, selfish people.
- 10 hour contract over 2 days, no chance of over time.. constantly sent home early without full pay. Other staff favored for more hours.
- Petty rules and systems in place in the stockroom.
- Staff review/evaluation is rubbish - I was marked a 4/5 for time keeping/attendance yet was never late so I would get a lower score in general while the butt kissers all got higher scores. Hmmm.. that'd be right. – less
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), London, OHApril 13, 2014
Pros: great staff, great management, good pay, good bonus
Cons: short of staff
have worked at next for past 3 years and i love it started when i was 16 and was the youngest member of staff they'd ever had in my store, it was really nice because i felt like everybody was looking after me because i was the 'baby' started on a 6 hour contract just doing sundays while I was in college, but the store manager was always really good – more... about giving me plenty of overtime when i wanted it in the holidays but was always really considerate and made sure i didn't have and upcoming exams/revision that should be coming ahead of work. In 2012 i went on a planned expedition with a company to Africa for one month, i knew about this when i started and was aware that i was not allowed to take longer than two weeks holiday in normal circumstances so said that i would hand in my notice, however the management were really understanding and let me take the whole month without leaving so that i wouldn't lose my benefits such as any holiday that i had accrued and my eligibility to recideve bonus. In october 2013 they offered me a full time position on childreswear which i took and recently i have been promoted to sales coordinator, (one of the youngest in the company with pretty niceeee pay) I can't believe how many negative reviews I've read on here because i genuinely love working for next my managers are so supportive and lovely and i know i can talk to them about everything, the staff are great as well we are like a family always going out for drinks etc. To be honest the people with negative reviews on here sound very childish and you need to understand that Next is a company with rules that must be followed, it says that in your contract that you sign and the handbook, managers giving disciplinarys about non attendance at christmas etc are often following the directive of HR and it is not their decision but the companies, if you guys stuck around long enough and actually tried to be good at your jobs then you would realise this. Also you take a job in retail then realise some of it is mind numbingly boring but if you prove yourselves at the iffy bits then you get asked to do better things. also you work in retail obviously you will be working christmas eve and boxing day if you think you won't be then you're just stupid. – less
A year of absolute hell. Do not work here unless you were absolutely desperate!!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), York, UKMarch 23, 2014
Pros: - the staff portal revamp
Cons: short shifts, short breaks, being disciplined even when you hand in a doctors note, having your shifts changed last minute (an hour or so before you're meant to come in)
Next is an absolute nightmare. I was really excited at first, knowing they are a big company with an excellent range.

A typical day would be:

Get into work, sign in in the book, sit in the staff room with the two faced staff, listen to all the gossip whilst you're waiting for your shift to start.

Go out, clock in, be told you're going to be stood – more... on fitting rooms for 4 hours, and when you need an item for a customer to be brought to the fitting room you tannoy and no-one comes so the customer walks out without their purchases.

Be told you've got to tidy all the bras and knickers too, and the entire side, whilst trying to take care of the fitting rooms and keep an eye on tills.

Having a short 15 minute break.

Getting told off my management for approaching customers (which is what you're meant to do.)

The managers are stood around gossiping to one another about customers and staff.

I learnt nothing. In the year I was there I didn't even get to learn how to do returns.

I wasn't properly trained and just had to use my initiative. I pretty much taught myself most of the functions on the till e.g. orders etc.

Obviously I learnt they were a horrific company.

The management had very little to do with the shop floor, they were often faffing about upstairs whilst teenagers were left to run a whole department by themselves. Management were awful, and not understanding at all. They were unqualified, didn't care about their staff, and were just a nightmare.
The co-workers were terrible, gosspiy, awful people. Always talking about partying and talking very rudely about customers that were in the store. You're meant to be part of a team, but the staff would not help you out even when you would tanoy for them.
The hardest part of the job was dragging myself there for my shifts. It was an awful environment to work in, i dreaded it everytime I woke up in the morning.
I enjoyed leaving. They didn;t even get me a card to say 'thank you' even though I spent every shift working myself to death.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would advise everyone to stay clear of this conpany, unless you want to be bullied, and have a terrible awful time.

£5 an hour for a 20 year old is not enough to live on.

cons: Short shifts,short breaks - Being disciplined even when you hand in a doctors note - Having your shifts changed last minute (an hour or so before you're meant to come in) -short staffed- terrible training - huge week to week staff turnover - unqualified management - leaving teenagers running a shop floor - two faced staff - uncooperative staff - standing on the fitting rooms for 4 hours straight - being used as a skivvy while managers were talking and gossiping - being made to clean toilets (i'm not a cleaner! and it was never mentioned in my contract) - management always got their requested time off but selling assistants were ignored - Everything is a con there!!! – less
Pushy Staff, Rude, Poorly Planned
sales assistant (Former Employee), WiltshireFebruary 1, 2014
Cons: rude, pushy, poorly planned
I worked for this company over the Christmas period and other than its pay, which is better than many companies, it had no perks. I was constantly asked to work, my shifts were not documented properly which meant I had no choice but to work on last minute timings as they had not been placed on the employee portal, my bag searches were done in front – more... of customers without notification which was quite frankly embarrassing and some members of staff were just quite rude. – less
I loved working with the sales reps
Customer Service Account Manger (Former Employee), Wabash, INDecember 23, 2013
Pros: talking with my reps and the busyness
Cons: i didnt like being confined to an office and desk
I enjoyed the daily communication with the sales reps per email and phone. I was busy daily with making sure all the orders for each customer was uphold the specific regulations per each customer and had to give several updates daily.
Nice co-workers, awful manager, pay and hours
sales assistant (Current Employee), londonDecember 9, 2013
Pros: 25% discount
Cons: rude, condescending manager, low pay, few hours
Basically, same as everyone else here, my manager is an incredibly rude, condescending, unappreciative and miserable human being.

You will hear it when you make a mistake but don't expect to hear a thanks or well done when you do something well or go out of your way to do something.

This manager is only nice when they want something, i.e working late, – more... they talk to me like a child and a piece of dirt most of the time making me feel very uncomfortable and stupid.

I rang up the other day to say I couldn't come in because I had an accident on my bike on the way to work and had injured my foot (i.e couldn't walk on it). She didn't once ask if I was ok or what happened.

Your hands are tied with hours, you have to do additional non contracted shifts at very short notice if you're down as available. You get pretty much minimum pay and shifts are often only 4hrs so you they don't have to give you a break. This of course is the companies fault, they are very sneaky.

Oh also I have been there for 9 months, I have had no review or performance feedback whatsoever.

Reading this over I'm not sure why I'm still working there.... – less
most two-faced place to work!!
shop floor assistant and joey (Former Employee), pierpoint King's Lynn, ENGDecember 4, 2013
Pros: 25% discount
Cons: rude staff, big workload
unfortunately i have absolutely nothing good to say about this place!!
staff are rude!!
as soon as you walk out the room your being talked about ,
there are lots of "team coaches" none of them ever seem to help you or when they do its so much of an effort for them.
the department managers sit upstairs in the office all day chatting and drinking tea – more... and coffee when you call them over the pager its takes them forever to get back to you.
you have to keep yourself to yourself you cant cross work/home life with "workfriends" as they cant wait to get it around the store .
everyones lovely to your face but the minute you turn around there horrible!
on my first day i was thrown on childrens wear with only an hours till training expecting to take directory returns , collect parcels and sort purchases without a clue!!
if you forget to deactivate a soft tag and the alarm goes off your humiliated in front of everyone!!
you are expected to work when it suits them , if they phone you up on your day off and ask you to work if you have made plans and say you cant work they never bother phoning you again and if you ask for extra hours they dont bother giving you them even though they have hours going just to be difficult they give them to others!!
you work you butt off for absolute peanuts , sales assistants dont get enough credit or appreciation!
its a hard job , as you have to do with a big work load and also the teams attitude , you dread to go into work as you dont no what mood is going to greet you!!
if you ever need to leave hour early due to appointments or them changing your rotas at the last minute dont bother its more trouble than its worth just grin and bare it!
please dont ever go over your break as you are expected to make up for it for free at the end of your shift!! – less
Poor Management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), LeedsNovember 20, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: poor management, lack of advancement
Basically, don't expect your hard work to be valued as an employee at this company. The young staff are miserable and think their job is so hard and stressful, when it's pretty simple stuff to be honest. The work is fine. It's the attitude of the management that's the problem. No recognition for hard work is given. They question why productivity is – more... low when they can't even supply the basics for a smooth running operation (ie. hangers!). Every week there is something we have run out of which slows us down in our work, usually due to some "cost-cutting" brainwave from Head Office which ultimately doesn't cut costs as it just reduces productivity. If you're happy just being a number and are happy to feel you don't matter, get a job here. – less
Directory staff & it's awful!!
Customer Service Advisor-directory (Current Employee), LeicesterOctober 16, 2013
Pros: 25% discount
Cons: everything!!!
Please do not apply for a job here! Iv worked my butt off to reach almost impossible stats for bonus for 3 months to be told yesterday because we're on probation till the end of the year I won't get it! Holidays are impossible to get, I have to just have half days dotted about when I can not when I want! I had 1 day off sick, manager saw me be sick – more... in my waste bin & I got disciplined. I was promised a promotion which never materialised! People are very rude & talk in their own language & was disciplined for being 8 seconds back from lunch!
Such a high turnover of staff & it's not at all surprising!! – less
HORRIBLE
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee), Peterborough CambridgeOctober 12, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: everything minus the pros
Warning: Working for Next can seriously damage your health! Fight back against the disease of unfair treatment and verbal abuse etc. Name and shame those employers who make you feel degraded, worthless, unappreciated, miserable, bullied and pressurised. I suffer from Osteoarthritis and foot tendinitis. Cycling was my only means of transport that I endured – more... all year round for eight years. This dedication was not once praised due to the lack of unseen consideration and thought. Management have appauling, petty and pathetic attitudes who seemingly reap and thrive on treating your day like dirt under their feet. They force you into buying uniform and to log into their portal regularly. Any punishment is recorded with your name wrote on a very large staff canteen notice board. They change your shifts but notifying you only when it suits them, this has lead to problems as people have turned up on the wrong days and times. A seven hour day only includes a 30 min break so eat your food fast or deal with the consequences. The facilities were unclean. The most unforgivable of all their actions was when they refused my request for leave when my 80 year old mum was taken seriously ill to hospital. What if she had not recovered? Yes, they refuse leave time off for funerals. Christmas, what is that? They give you 1 day off. Boxing Day is spent working non-negotiable shifts till end of sales. Which bring on constant ringing of tills and money which is the only time management are nice. This account is just a small sample of what they get away with. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Next PLC

NEXT designs and markets licensed, branded, and private line promotional items and sportswear. The company's private line comprises – Read more