Next Step Health Care Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
poor company to work for
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 5, 2017
Next Step has taken the humanity out of a business that is all about humans. have replaced it with a healthy bottom line and dollar signs.Staff is treated like cattle that is expected to show up give 150% without the staffing or tools that they need. Continue to take in admissions when they barely have the staff to take care of the ones currently there. Next Step offers no incentives and the only room for growth is in their bank accounts.
Very sad to see things at the low that they are . Next Step needs to get the dollar signs out of there eyes and put the focus back on the patients and their care and well being,
Next Step Healthcare- Supportive Company with Room For Growth
BOL/Admissions (Current Employee) –  Newton, MADecember 1, 2017
I have worked for both Synergy and Next Step Health and I must say that since Next Step has taken over management from Synergy I have never felt so supported! More so than any company I have worked for in my 11 years as a working professional. It is a company that has room for growth and I know that from personal experience. Next Step Health gives all employees the tools they needs to succeed and I am personally grateful that they have taken over Synergy.
Terrible management company
N/A (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 30, 2017
A typical day was running around trying to get all the work done on time. I learned that these management companies are only in it to make a hefty profit. They cut staff to a bare minimum so the residents are clearly neglected. When the residents press their call lights they are not answered for a significant amount of time because there is no one available to answer them. However they always make sure to overstaff when the state inspectors are there. Next Step is one of the worst management companies out there.
Pros
Cons
residents not properly cared for, staffing cuts, low morale in every department, too much more to list
The Landing at Cape Elizabeth has a great reputation!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Cape Elizabeth, MENovember 25, 2017
The Landing at Cape Elizabeth, previously called Kindred Living at Village Crossings, has been a high quality assisted living residence for many years. They went through a transition to NextStep Healthcare, and they kept the same dedicated employees and same high standards of care. We have a great reputation here in Maine! The residents are treated like family, and we as staff work together to make our time there as good as it can get. I would be confident about having parent there if it was an option. I go to work feeling a positive attitude about the day ahead and leave content with my job. It's a good place to work, with good people.
Pros
Supportive team of staff, Free lunches, Pto, holiday pay, flexibility with hours, beautiful setting, shift differentials
Growing company, focused on patient care
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 16, 2017
Great company, which is expanding in the New England area.The management team is focused on bringing in top talent to ensure patients receive top notch care. Compassionate. Focused. Positive work environment.
Poor choice
N/A (Current Employee) –  MANovember 8, 2017
Residents needs come last. Unsafe environment due to lack of staff. Place needs local owner/management that cares about its people. Sad to see this place in such disarray
Synergy treats staff much better than next step!
Nursing (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 17, 2017
Since next step started as consulting firm with Synergy per DPH demanding in 2016, they asked all employees to sign a new policy book about cutting one week of vacation time for everyone. Then, when they took over the operation in 2017, they started to cut the auxiliary departments, such as activity, maintenance, medical records, scheduler and even admission director in some building.
Pros
Cons
poor manager team, poor benefit
working 11 to 7
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAOctober 4, 2017
perfect job for new CNAs. I work 11 to 7. I have worked all shifts here but 11 to 7 is the best. The hardest part here is staffing. Not having enough makes the job a little harder but they are working on that.
Pros
always have extra time to pick up
Cons
the teamwork needs to be worked on

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next Step Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4