Next Step Living Employee Reviews

Next Step Living
Pre-Sales Solar Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 27, 2017
Small company that did amazing things and grew tremendously fast. Very young management that was not held as accountable as they should have been. Good ride.
diverse eco company
Full time team lead (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 3, 2017
i worked as a solar outreach rep in the Boston area. I got attended many different events and gathering to promote our company, however, we were forced to carry large item on the T and some venues where not the place for a solar company to be. We worked mostly on compensation based on my signed up to have in house estimates done.
Pros
venues where fun, co-workers are always upbeat, nice office enviroment
Cons
working for compensation, most bring own supplies to venues
Out of biz
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 26, 2017
No longer in biz so there isn't much to say. It is a company in the seaport and sold Roofing and solar panels. They office was nice because it had a coffee machine.
Laid off, currently bankrupt
Outreach Representative (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 1, 2017
I was laid off, then brought back before I accepted severance, then laid off again later. Company went bankrupt a year later. Company run by young adults, poor strategic execution (overbooking services/partnerships died).
the company is out of bussiness
Window/ Ductless Mini Split Adviser (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 30, 2017
they closed the doors at this place or i would still be selling their products great benifits and strong salary make you own paycheck by putting in the hard work
Pros
great company
Cons
closed
Company is no longer in existence
Energy Efficiency Consultant/Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 3, 2017
I decent place to work until the company went out of business after less than 3 years due to mismanagement. Good equipment and quality sales leads. Reasonably good pay.
Pros
Good commission
Cons
Poor job security
Great Training Program
Event Representative (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 4, 2017
2015 Rising Star Award
3-Time Top 3 in the company for productivity in a month
Set up booths at various events, set up by managers, around the state of Connecticut to promote green energy and
sign up customers for home energy evaluations and assessments.
Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional
publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work
plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
Pros
Training and Exciting Work Environment
Miss working in this environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 16, 2016
Working here was great and the environment was something I will forever miss. When I first started working here they had set up a mentor for me and really helped me feel comfortable. I would recommend anyone to work here.
Closed
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 27, 2016
Company closed, no longer employing anyone. look else where as you can not depend on this company. No one enjoyed this space while it was open anyways.
was great at first
Team Lead/Trainer (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 5, 2016
The company went bankrupt after state policy changes and several bad business decisions. It was a green energy canvassing operation. Before CT changed the guidelines for its HES program business was booming. Then everything went downhill fast.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
long hours and unpredictable commission
Fun, dynamic workplace. Very ambitious and motivated, but lacking in an overall long term strategy/business model
Outreach Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 15, 2016
Next Step Living was a fun place to work, with a great team, and a great overall office dynamic. The outreach department would attend various institutional as well as community events each week and would be responsible for generating leads. Each person on the outreach staff had a stake in team success, and with very few exceptions people were happy and motivated each day they came into work.
As a team lead I was able to further develop my interpersonal skills beyond pleasantries and the sharing of good news. Finding the ability to have some tough conversations without demoralizing or upsetting those who were under my leadership is something that I highly value.
I also learned how fun/interesting working with the public can be. Working with a wide range of people, communities, and backgrounds has provided me with a foundation from which I can continue to build.
Ultimately Next Step Living was able to provide me with an opportunity to hone my skills and come to a better understanding of the professional world as a whole. I am highly motivated to make a positive impact at my next place of business, and much of that attitude and approach I can credit to the experiences I had while with NSL.
Overworked,well payed
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 12, 2016
overworked,well payed.
Lower management was good
upper management seemed to be lost at all times
company eventually filed for bankruptcy
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Great People
Weatherization Director / Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 22, 2016
Great people, great vibes! People are very willing to help one another. Loved working here, and look forward to new adventures!
Wonderful company
Invoicing Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 17, 2016
This company was absolutely wonderful to work for and with. The employees are some of the best that I have worked with, as well as the vendors and companies that I have been affiliated with.

At the beginning of the year, there were some changes to add a fun zone to the other side of the building, making the environment more lively. Overall, it will be a company that will be missed by everyone.
Quickly expanding company
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 17, 2016
Very flexible, fast paced company. Equal opportunity for all employees in every department. They are willing to give everyone a chance to expand and explore their skills.
Great place to start your career
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 12, 2016
I enjoyed working at NSL. Helping people was truly gratifying. Management was great. Co workers were great. Some parts were hard some parts were easy. It was a new company so there was minor disfunction.
Fun, fast growing company!
Outreach Event Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 31, 2016
This is a fun and fast growing company. There is always something to do and something to learn. The organization has gotten better and better every year.
Went door to door marketing solar and green energy products
Neighborhood Solar Outreach Representative (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 22, 2016
I enjoyed learning the science behind these technologies. I was exposed to their potential benefits and the process necessary to decide if they would be more or less efficient for a homeowner.

The door to door aspect of the position was challenging and rewarding. My experience with homeowners definitely helped with my ability to do client-facing work. I am not a natural salesman but I believed that this position helped me to develop this skillset.
Np opportunity for advancement
FT Outreach Team Lead/Event Rep (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2016
Easy job, no room to grow in company.
Lots of traveling, paid for mileage.
Fun employees.
Management lies to incentivize you to work harder. They will dangle things in front of you and pull it out one you have been used.
always changing
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 10, 2016
no loyalty to the hard working employees on the front line - the faces and the procedures are always changing and not necessarily for the good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next Step Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8