Next Step Living Employee Reviews in United States

Overworked,well payed
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 12, 2016
overworked,well payed.
Lower management was good
upper management seemed to be lost at all times
company eventually filed for bankruptcy
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Great People
Weatherization Director / Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 22, 2016
Great people, great vibes! People are very willing to help one another. Loved working here, and look forward to new adventures!
Wonderful company
Invoicing Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 17, 2016
This company was absolutely wonderful to work for and with. The employees are some of the best that I have worked with, as well as the vendors and companies that I have been affiliated with.

At the beginning of the year, there were some changes to add a fun zone to the other side of the building, making the environment more lively. Overall, it will be a company that will be missed by everyone.
Quickly expanding company
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 17, 2016
Very flexible, fast paced company. Equal opportunity for all employees in every department. They are willing to give everyone a chance to expand and explore their skills.
Great place to start your career
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 12, 2016
I enjoyed working at NSL. Helping people was truly gratifying. Management was great. Co workers were great. Some parts were hard some parts were easy. It was a new company so there was minor disfunction.
Fun, fast growing company!
Outreach Event Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 31, 2016
This is a fun and fast growing company. There is always something to do and something to learn. The organization has gotten better and better every year.
Went door to door marketing solar and green energy products
Neighborhood Solar Outreach Representative (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 22, 2016
I enjoyed learning the science behind these technologies. I was exposed to their potential benefits and the process necessary to decide if they would be more or less efficient for a homeowner.

The door to door aspect of the position was challenging and rewarding. My experience with homeowners definitely helped with my ability to do client-facing work. I am not a natural salesman but I believed that this position helped me to develop this skillset.
Np opportunity for advancement
FT Outreach Team Lead/Event Rep (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2016
Easy job, no room to grow in company.
Lots of traveling, paid for mileage.
Fun employees.
Management lies to incentivize you to work harder. They will dangle things in front of you and pull it out one you have been used.
always changing
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 10, 2016
no loyalty to the hard working employees on the front line - the faces and the procedures are always changing and not necessarily for the good
Great company for young people
Founding Home Energy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYNovember 2, 2015
This is a good company for someone who would like to make a great impact on the environment. People come from great backgrounds come to this company and make impact.
Next Step Living
Solar Energy Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 30, 2015
Good work environment that is focused on employee benefits. Plenty of perks from the company and a friendly staff. I would recommend working for this company if it were hiring.
Pros
Lunch provided at times and many perks associated with good job performance
Cons
Staff had decreased recently and will continue with new regulations from the state of CT
Great atmosphere
Neighborhood Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 25, 2015
This is a very mission-driven company with an amazing group of young professionals ready to take on today's issues in innovative ways.
Great co-workers poor management
Customer Service Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 21, 2015
A great culture to work but poorly managed with the possibility of being laid off. Expect a lot of work out of one person with little compensation to complete what is expected. When problems do arrise there are limited to no resources available to olve these issues. Poor managers who were not ready to manage and promoted too quickly.
Wonderful staff and administrators.
Neighborhood Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2015
We'd meet at the office for training (about 1-2 hours) then we'd he'd out to turf where we'd canvass the area to provide customers with the availability of no cost no obligation energy assessments.
Opportunity to manage yourself
Home Energy Advisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 17, 2015
Business to customer consulting based sales. Personally guiding end-users from idea forming and recommendation to installation of various residential energy efficient technologies (Rooftop Solar, Community Solar, Windows, HVAC, DMS, Insulation and Air Sealing).
Pros
freedom to manage your own time
Cons
limited interaction with peers
Interesting and environmentally changing
Outreach Event Representative (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 6, 2015
I enjoyed working for Next Step Living. I learned a lot about how to make big impacts on changing the environment such as preventing carbon emissions by helping people change their energy usage to solar. It was enjoyable to work at different events and parties throughout Connecticut while trying to do something good for the environment. The salary was good, I received a decent amount of money per hour. My co-workers were intelligent and willing to help me succeed as an outreach event representative. The hardest part of the job was trying to get customers at different events to listen to what I had to say about the company. Many people were unwilling to listen to the benefits of solar and at times were uninterested in signing up for home energy solutions visits.
Pros
Learning about helping the environment, meeting new people, good wages.
Cons
Stopping people to listen to explanations about products
Very Productive
DMS Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 30, 2015
Its was a very fun and exciting environment. Awesome career advancement with a constant drive to further educate. Great people, great environment.
Pros
Time Management
Cons
A lot of driving and time wasted
good place to work if you want to make an impact on energy future
Principal Data Scentist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 18, 2015
Next Step Living is committed to minimize green house emissions and at the same time improve quality of housing by focusing on energy conservation measures (insulation, heat pumps, solar panels, etc.). Typical day included for me a lot of model development, data gathering and manipulation, occasional meetings to determine what kind of models should be developed and how to make results easily accessible to the end users. I learned a lot about variety of existing data sources about households (houses and people) and how to combine them with in-house historical data to best match services offered by NSL with households needs. Management did good job in defining needs, providing necessary resources and getting out of the way. The most enjoyable part of the work was ability to learn about completely new for me data spaces and a domains (e.g. GIS)
Pros
important mission, short meetings
Cons
poor benefits, noisy office space
Great Company to Grow in
Project Manager, Service Provider Operations (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 13, 2015
Great Place to work after college, you have the ability to make an impact and have your thoughts and ideas taken seriously from the start.
Pros
Great Management Team, Work life balence
Great to employees
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 25, 2015
Great company to work for. Not micro managed. Visit many job sites daily. Doing reports at the end of the day is sometimes difficult with the amount of hours worked
Pros
not micro managed
Cons
not much support