Next Step Living

Next Step Living Employee Reviews

Went door to door marketing solar and green energy products
Neighborhood Solar Outreach Representative (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 22, 2016
I enjoyed learning the science behind these technologies. I was exposed to their potential benefits and the process necessary to decide if they would be more or less efficient for a homeowner.

The door to door aspect of the position was challenging and rewarding. My experience with homeowners definitely helped with my ability to do client-facing work. I am not a natural salesman but I believed that this position helped me to develop this skillset.
Np opportunity for advancement
FT Outreach Team Lead/Event Rep (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2016
Easy job, no room to grow in company.
Lots of traveling, paid for mileage.
Fun employees.
Management lies to incentivize you to work harder. They will dangle things in front of you and pull it out one you have been used.
always changing
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 10, 2016
no loyalty to the hard working employees on the front line - the faces and the procedures are always changing and not necessarily for the good
Great company for young people
Founding Home Energy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYNovember 2, 2015
This is a good company for someone who would like to make a great impact on the environment. People come from great backgrounds come to this company and make impact.
Next Step Living
Solar Energy Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 30, 2015
Good work environment that is focused on employee benefits. Plenty of perks from the company and a friendly staff. I would recommend working for this company if it were hiring.
Pros
Lunch provided at times and many perks associated with good job performance
Cons
Staff had decreased recently and will continue with new regulations from the state of CT
Great atmosphere
Neighborhood Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 25, 2015
This is a very mission-driven company with an amazing group of young professionals ready to take on today's issues in innovative ways.
Great co-workers poor management
Customer Service Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 21, 2015
A great culture to work but poorly managed with the possibility of being laid off. Expect a lot of work out of one person with little compensation to complete what is expected. When problems do arrise there are limited to no resources available to olve these issues. Poor managers who were not ready to manage and promoted too quickly.
Wonderful staff and administrators.
Neighborhood Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2015
We'd meet at the office for training (about 1-2 hours) then we'd he'd out to turf where we'd canvass the area to provide customers with the availability of no cost no obligation energy assessments.
Opportunity to manage yourself
Home Energy Advisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 17, 2015
Business to customer consulting based sales. Personally guiding end-users from idea forming and recommendation to installation of various residential energy efficient technologies (Rooftop Solar, Community Solar, Windows, HVAC, DMS, Insulation and Air Sealing).
Pros
freedom to manage your own time
Cons
limited interaction with peers
Interesting and environmentally changing
Outreach Event Representative (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 6, 2015
I enjoyed working for Next Step Living. I learned a lot about how to make big impacts on changing the environment such as preventing carbon emissions by helping people change their energy usage to solar. It was enjoyable to work at different events and parties throughout Connecticut while trying to do something good for the environment. The salary was good, I received a decent amount of money per hour. My co-workers were intelligent and willing to help me succeed as an outreach event representative. The hardest part of the job was trying to get customers at different events to listen to what I had to say about the company. Many people were unwilling to listen to the benefits of solar and at times were uninterested in signing up for home energy solutions visits.
Pros
Learning about helping the environment, meeting new people, good wages.
Cons
Stopping people to listen to explanations about products
Very Productive
DMS Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 30, 2015
Its was a very fun and exciting environment. Awesome career advancement with a constant drive to further educate. Great people, great environment.
Pros
Time Management
Cons
A lot of driving and time wasted
good place to work if you want to make an impact on energy future
Principal Data Scentist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 18, 2015
Next Step Living is committed to minimize green house emissions and at the same time improve quality of housing by focusing on energy conservation measures (insulation, heat pumps, solar panels, etc.). Typical day included for me a lot of model development, data gathering and manipulation, occasional meetings to determine what kind of models should be developed and how to make results easily accessible to the end users. I learned a lot about variety of existing data sources about households (houses and people) and how to combine them with in-house historical data to best match services offered by NSL with households needs. Management did good job in defining needs, providing necessary resources and getting out of the way. The most enjoyable part of the work was ability to learn about completely new for me data spaces and a domains (e.g. GIS)
Pros
important mission, short meetings
Cons
poor benefits, noisy office space
Great Company to Grow in
Project Manager, Service Provider Operations (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 13, 2015
Great Place to work after college, you have the ability to make an impact and have your thoughts and ideas taken seriously from the start.
Pros
Great Management Team, Work life balence
Great to employees
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 25, 2015
Great company to work for. Not micro managed. Visit many job sites daily. Doing reports at the end of the day is sometimes difficult with the amount of hours worked
Pros
not micro managed
Cons
not much support
Greentech company with blazing fast pace
Home Energy Advisor (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MAJanuary 23, 2015
Perhaps too fast... the company is growing faster than their pants will fit. Great mission, dedicated people, but turnover and burnout is a problem and loss of experience thusly. Individual growth opportunities not defined well.
Team Lead
Outreach Sales Representative (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 10, 2014
Facilitate community and private outreach events to promote energy efficient product solutions
Identify potential customers through face-to-face, telephone, and e-mail communication
Educate clients on the benefits of home energy conservation and solar energy capabilities
Prepare internal reports and external marketing pitches to expand business growth
Build and maintain business partnerships with local establishments
Prepare periodic updates to management on status of current sales leads
Employ innovative technologies to promote product results
Research prospective customer’s residential qualifications to determine product usage and compatibility
Good Company
Senior Solar Rating Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 2, 2014
Next Step living is a good company to work for with a friendly atmosphere and with plenty of career paths to follow within the company.
Great Opportunity
Outreach Event Rep Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 22, 2014
They are well respected in the industry and grow very fast. Gives solid foundation and has strong support base.
Our customers deserve the best
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 12, 2014
The job has changed a lot from the culture initially found. Because we offer more, our customers expect more from us. Only you as their account manager, can really provide the sort of service that customers deserve.
Independent, on field
Outreach Representative (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 7, 2014
A few hour shifts at events. Each day is different. Management sends you a calendar of events for you to attend each week. You work alone most of the time. You sometimes have to drive far out for an event. Pick up supplies at the office location whenever you run out. The hardest part is having people be receptive towards you and give them your time to talk to them. It's very rewarding when you sign someone up because you make commission off of it but also knowing you helped another family save energy to save the environment.
Pros
work independently, flexible schedule, hourly or commission
Cons
driving far, non receptive people