NextConstruct is a Maryland based Commercial and Government consulting company. We are product development and systems integration company committed to providing high quality services to our customers, primarily in the Washington DC Metro area. Our core technology competencies include large scale enterprise software development based on J2EE / .NET technologies, mobile application development, enterprise software integration, large scale data analytics, business intelligence, performance computing, and systems management
We offer a casual work environment, small company atmosphere and flexibility with big company benefits. We offer a competitive base salary, significant paid time off, 10 federal holidays, paid training, and full medical benefits. We will sponsor / transfer H-1B’s as needed. We believe in work life balance and offer “No Travel” jobs.
The successful candidates will be working on projects for our customers as well as internal initiatives. They will provide J2EE design, development, testing, and deployment support for enterprise web applications. Responsibilities include both front-end and application tier design, development, and testing of all code developed. They will also be responsible for documenting code and fixing defects. All development will utilize N-tier architecture. They may be involved in some application maintenance and minor enhancements. However, it is expected that over 80% of the work will be new application development.
Desired Skills and Experience
Experience: 9+ years of relevant experience.
- POJO and J2EE component development as well as EJB, Servlets, JSP Java frameworks.
- One of the following JSP Frameworks is preferred: Struts, Tapestry, JSF, Spring.
- Knowledge of ORM tools such as Hibernate or iBatis
- Java-based development and configuration management tools such as Eclipse; JDeveloper, Ant, JUnit, PVCS, or Subversion.
- Operating systems: Solaris, Windows, and Linux.
- Working knowledge of industry standard development practices and concepts such as SOA, UML, and MVC.
- Development experience in popular relational databases, particularly Oracle.
Desired Skills: Experience developing complex, enterprise-level web applications on the Oracle SOA Suite 10g/11g platform and integrating them with Oracle BPM, and Oracle UCM.
This is a full time opportunity, however, we will consider contract arrangements for the right candidate.