NextLabs®, Inc., a growing information risk management software company in the expanding XACML Policy Management, Data Protection, and Entitlements Management space, has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Java Software Engineer to lead the development effort in creating the foundations for a series of web-based and thin client applications for NextLabs’ XACML Control Center platform.
Our customers include many prominent enterprises in Aerospace & Defense, Financial Services, and High-Tech Manufacturing and Engineering industries. We are committed to making a significant impact on the computing world, we own over 40 approved and pending patents and intellectual properties in the policy-based access control field, and are active in advancing technical standards, such as eXtensible Access Control Markup Language (XACML). Control Center, the heart of NextLabs product line, provides a policy-based business rules engine that can scale to more than 500,000 endpoints and servers.
Job Responsiblities include but are not limited to:
- Define product direction by actively discussing with Product Management and Executive Management
- Deliver best in class architecture with senior architects
- Guide Quality Assurance through product quality certification
- Work with Customer Support to assist Fortune 500 customers
- Participate in standardization and open source activities to advance policy based access control communities
- Own and develop the SDKs and Application Frameworks used by all NextLabs products and customers
- Taking part in the Policy Framework and Policy Controller development
- Take the lead on developing the underlying application infrastructure for the web and thick client applications in Control Center.
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience enterprise building software using C or C++ and Java
- Experience in Windows software development, Linux / UNIX plus
- 5+ year creating business web application solutions in a J2EE environment, using Java, JSP, Servlet, JSF, and/or JDBC technologies.
- Experience in Ajax or other Rich Internet Application (RIA) technology, a plus.
- 5+ years experience using web service technologies including XML, REST, SOAP, WSDL, and UDDI.
- Experience writing technical specifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent degree
- Solid programming and software development skills
- Strong understanding of software engineering fundamentals
- Excellent work ethic
- Self-starting and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Passionate and proactive
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Great team player
We’re looking for highly motivated candidates who are passionate about the art and science of software development and want to be part of a world-class team.
NextLabs®, Inc. is the leading provider of policy-driven information risk management software for Global 5000 enterprises. Our software offers a cohesive solution for improving compliance and mitigating information risk by helping companies achieve safer and more secure internal and external collaboration, and ensure proper access to applications and data.
Our flagship data protection and entitlement management products, Enterprise DLP™ and Compliant Enterprise®, combine a XACML-based policy server and integrated workflow with identity-driven enforcement technology to offer the most comprehensive information risk management solution. Our products preserve confidentiality, prevent data loss, and ensure compliance across more channels and more points, within a single unified solution with the unmatched user acceptance and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).