NextCare Urgent Care Employee Reviews

Focused. Goal orientated work place
Coding clerk (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJune 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, great management, and friendly work environment.
Cons: Slow moving, repetitious tasks
Next care urgent care was a very pleasant place to work. My direct manager was very particular and made sure that all tasks were carried out efficiently and effectively. Not only was he a great leader he was also able to listen and show empathy for his workers. The company in whole was very friendly and welcoming. I would recommend this place of employment to anyone.
Nextcare
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Aurora, COJune 26, 2015
Pros: flexibility in schedule
Cons: no breaks, no advancement, no raises, poor management
Worked at Nextcare for about a year and my coworkers were phenomenal. I was very satisfied when I left work on how patients were treated by my coworkers and I and working side by side with providers was a great learning experience for me.

However management is very drama driven and not on top of daily staff members. Employees are not all treated the same and all of the rules are not enforced based on employee.
productive work enviornment
Direct patient care (Current Employee), Abilene TexasJune 25, 2015
Pros: good job
Cons: would like more individual input in things that hinder pt care
Typical day is a diverse group of patients and conditions with acute and chronic conditions
Management improving but difficult transition from previous work culture
Co workers are all great
Shifts have potential to last 14 hours
great place to work and learn more
PRN Radiologic Technologist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Cary, NCMay 11, 2015
Pros: learning more in different medical fields
Cons: not being able to stay
Triaged patients, did necessary blood work and lab work, and took x-rays when needed. I learned and performed the medical assistant and lab tech responsibities Management was impeccable, always encouraging the staff. Co-workers worked hard together and helped anytime it was needed. A good support team. The hardest part was saying goodbye to a good job. I enjoyed learning other medical modalities.
Easy Going
Medical Coder (Current Employee), Mesa, AZMay 5, 2015
Pros: VERY affordable clinic visits, flexible schedule, not micro managed, great coworkers
Cons: Could use a few more PTO days
Having read some of the negative reviews of NextCare, I thought I should put in my two cents of positive. I work at the resource center, not in a clinic, so this is where my opinion has been formed. My personal experience has found NextCare to be easy going and respectful of its employees. I come in do my work and go home. I am not micro managed, hovered over or harassed in anyway by my supervisor. I am treated as a professional in what I do and am allowed to do my work. My schedule is quite flexible. The benefits are not spectacular but are better than some other companies I have worked for. Upper management keeps us up to date on success and shares these successes with employees via bonuses. My experience has been positive.
Very Bad Experience
RT (Former Employee), PhoenixApril 29, 2015
Pros: You will learn a lot of healthcare skills
Cons: way too many to list here.
This place was one of my worst experiences ever. The lead tech was very unprofessional, you are working outside your scope and the clinic was dirty and management didn't seem to care. I am an RT and they pay you way less working there and their excuse is that you are more of an medical assistant, even though you are doing way more work. You are basically a nurse (giving injections, medications and – more... cleaning wounds), but not getting paid for a nurse wage. My coworkers were friendly and helpful. But this was not worth it and shouldn't have taken the job. The interview itself was very unprofessional, that should have been a red flag. The x-ray equipment was very poor and I felt bad sending images that were not considered passable at other sites. Also, don't ask questions because they might get offended. This job was not worth it. – less
Not a great work experience
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), AhwatukeeApril 19, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: pretty much everything
Too corporate, noisy, loud, you work out in the open. Hard to maintain confidentiality when you are not separated from others.
Fast Paced & Challenging Environment
Front Office Specialist (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMarch 25, 2015
• Prepared folders and prioritized records.
• Generated and Maintained records of newly admitted and ongoing patients.
• Efficient customer service to clients.
• Balancing patient accounts and information on a daily basis.
• Managed multi- line phones.
• Scheduled appointments while checking patients in and out.
• Assisting back office with urine dips, physicals (DOT, Sports etc.) and taking blood
Love my work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 24, 2015
Cons: Short breaks, part time no benefits
I love working at NextCare Urgent Care. It is a very fast and very busy work but the employees, providers and management there are unbelievable. Work goes by so fast due to the patient volume. NextCare is like a home away from home with your second family.
Next care urgent care
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 2, 2015
On a daily work day I took inbound calls, helping customers register for an appt. I would fill out our daily schedules accordingly depending on which city and state. I answer basic questions that patients had or helped them get to the right department.
not a good place to work
Medical Assistant / phlebotomist/ x ray tech (Former Employee), 1713 s church street burlington nc 27215February 25, 2015
Pros: pay check
Cons: no pay check
Multitasking from start to finish of the day. Staying focus and taking care of the patients. You are used until you are used up. You work 12 hours days sometimes 14 hours NO LUNCH Break. NO Thank you for a job well done. They continue to pour on more work on the staff . They don't take up for the employees. The enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have help someone one way or another. When the patient smiles and says thank you. Management is awful they don't know how to talk to the employees. Overall I would never go back there to work.
Worst Job I Have Ever Had.
Clinical Care Specialist RT (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: its a job?
Cons: too many to list.
First off I am an RT with a hospital background and very little to no MA training. They had me working out of my scope, I had no Idea how to run lab tests, urinalysis, and many procedures. I shoot only a few x-rays a day while at the hospital I shoot a hundred or so a day. The hours are awful and long and they expect you to stay longer than your scheduled time off constantly. They commit illegal labor – more... practices. I have worked many 12+ hour shifts without a lunch and their reasoning is well we are busy and everyone else does it. If I don't take a lunch at the hospital I get in trouble. They constantly make me late to my other job. Many of the practical techs are incompetent and pass films that are completely undiagnostic. Management is horrible, plays favorites and contributes to rumors. The providers just push patients through like cattle for insurance reimbursement. I would never recommended working for Nextcare and I would never recommend being a patient there. Just plain miserable. – less
Fast paced work environment
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee), Arvada, COFebruary 3, 2015
Fast paced with lots of patients coming and going due to it being an Urgent Care. Work days go by fast. Due to fast paced environment, breaks and lunches are a little hard to get each day.
productive fast paced fun place to work
Medical Assistant - Externship (Former Employee), Broomfield, CODecember 19, 2014
Pros: the environment was happy and go lucky
Cons: very long hours
I only did my internship here but if i could have been employed i would have loved to work for them. great staff m,ad me feel welcome and apart of the team. they appreciated my hard work and dedication even though i wasn't employed.
Fun work place
medical assistant (Current Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 21, 2014
Pros: the experience
The people are professional and timely every one is welcoming
Its a job
Accounts Receivable Collector (Current Employee), ArizonaNovember 6, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: cant move up and the benefits are horrible
Its a place to work. I have no complaints really. If I had to say anything the benefits are horrible and its difficult to move up if you aren't in with someone.
productive fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mesa, AZOctober 15, 2014
it was a fun safe place to work . i got to meet alot of nice new people
Fun Place To Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mesa, AZOctober 14, 2014
Its Customer Service, Its What You Make It Fast Paced, Co workers are fun, management is ok, the most enjoyable part is talking to diffrent patients all day and helping them
Don't waste your time!
Patient care (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 24, 2014
Pros: it's a job?
Cons: where do i start...
If I could give them 0 stars I would. False advertisement for job duties, I was hired for a Tech job, and turned into a secretary. The training was terrible, and completely out of my scope of practice, as I have never done front desk work, insurance verification, etc. I was forced to come in on all of my days off , for "extra training"(which was very difficult because I had a second job, and it was – more... a conflict with scheduling). Most of the other employees will throw you under the bus any chance they get, and management definitely plays the favorites game. I NEVER felt like I had job security, never felt like part of a team, and never felt that I got the necessary training. I am actually thankful I didn't work as a tech because as an X-ray tech we are never trained in school or in clinic to perform MA duties, and judging by how awful the training was for the front office, I cannot imagine trying to teach myself to be an MA. horrible place to work, and terrible pay. At least 4$ an hour less than anywhere else in town, full time, and 7$ less if your working PRN somewhere else. Not to mention constant overtime, that gets taxed out the wazoo, so you are basically wasting your time because you never see the money. Apply at your own risk. – less
BEWARE!! RUN!! LEADERSHIP IS A MESS!!!
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 5, 2014
Pros: pay okay
Cons: gossip, bad morale environment, poor leadership
Former employee, worked there for a few months. Leadership is very unorganized and has favoritism in the work place. Training is not very good. Breaks were constantly being removed from employees. Morale is very low and gossip is at a constant high. When you are first hired you have 90 days to prove your worth they can fire you before if the "favorites" don't like you. HR is not help either. There is no employee protection. Don't waste your time applying.