NextCare Urgent Care Employee Reviews

Not bad for starting out
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJuly 5, 2017
My first full time gig after graduation. I liked the people I worked with the most. Management was bipolar and made the workplace very stressful at times. They are very uptight about stupid things yet will not fire employees that are an extreme liability to the company. Nextcare does not take care of their employees. I worked sometimes 16 hour shifts with no breaks while I was pregnant. This company has a very high turnover rate and does not train their employees very well. My third day in training, I was left to work by myself. I felt overworked and underpaid.
Pros
awesome providers, $15 employee/family visits
Cons
no breaks, moody management, long hours
Good back office, poor managment
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2017
Are you ready for constant change, decreased benefits until there are none, production bonus is a joke. Company is constant changing Rules. I witnessed so many people stabbed in the back, grown men crying which was depressing. Medical director lies to your face and cannot be trusted. Very buddy buddy system. Provider do there best but managers are horrible, no professionalism. They hire mangers without any training and the ones who will do as they say. Back office are forced to clean clinics which makes morale suck. Love procedures but hate them 1 minute before closing, Flu season super busy and again no support. Forced call and always somewhere far away. Great temp job. Stay away
Pros
Procedures, reading x rays
Cons
12 hour shifts, call on days off
Good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 6, 2017
A good job for a short period of time. But you had to learn a lot on your own time or from your co-workers, All ways wanting to cut your breaks short for any reason.
Pros
clean working enviroment
Cons
breaks to short
Good and Bad
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJune 6, 2017
Just like with any job there are good and bad aspects. Job can be very demanding at times but other times it can be much more relaxed. The staff is good to work with for the most part.
Fun working environment
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMay 30, 2017
We had a wonderful team. We all pulled together and got the job done. The upper management and corporate level were a little harder to deal with, but that's corporate.
The actual office staff, was amazing.
Pros
Great team, good doctors
Long hours, temperamental physicians, and poor customer service standards
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Del City, OKMay 19, 2017
I have never worked at a more poorly ran company. Working 14 hours a day because there is only one provider scheduled consistently paired with working with people that have severely poor work ethic.
Pros
$15 office visits for employees
Fast paced work enviroment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa ArizonaMay 19, 2017
Helping people in need of medical attention of different ages and backgrounds to me is very rewarding to make a customer feel better was my goal. This is a fast paced job environment and sometimes can be overwhelming when your trying to help someone and know in the back of your mind company policy wants you to move on to the next caller in a certain amount of of time, Sometimes that can be very frustrating when you want to help patients that are trying to voice their concerns about their health.To me patients or customers should come first not money that to me is customer service is about. I've learned the hardest part was not being able to get someone in to be seen that could not afford it. But to help as many people as I can feel better in their time of need and show you are genuinely concerned or to help a parent that has been up all night with a sick child is a great feeling to walk away with.
Pros
helping people feel better
Cons
break suspensions when we are busy
busy job that makes your day fly by
PSS Lead and Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 6, 2017
a typical day i could do three to four jobs at once where i was able to help the front office by picking up phones and booking appointments, give price for visits and info then jump to back office to help triage patients ecg, blood draw, then i could to referrals for primary care.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
no lunch brakes, managment is rude, overworked
Nextcare Uregent Care
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 6, 2017
Good company to work for. Sadly there was some company downsizing and I was laid off.
I would have liked to work full time and permanently being laid off was not good for me.
Pros
Pto
Cons
No breaks except and had to publicly ask for a "Health Break"
Very busy urgent care
Medical Assistant - Front office (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 29, 2017
Very busy location, was crossed trained to work both front and back office. Was the first company to give me a chance right out of school. Always opportunities to learn something new
Love it
MA Clinical Externship (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 28, 2017
I look forward to working with the company officially. I would do back office and front office tasks, management is amazing, coworkers are helpful and kind, hardest part is not being able to inject a patient during externship. Enjoyable part, helping others and learning new things
Horrible Place to work
AR Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2017
Never liked working here. the pay was horrible for all the work required from you. The management never knew anything. No body worked together to get large task complete.
Run Away! Save yourself!
Rad Tech (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg VAApril 24, 2017
Nextcare does not care about their employees at all. You will be overworked, understaffed, and unappreciated. Benefits are a joke and it cost $650/month for poor health insurance for your family, 401k matching was recently revoked, and you earn 132 hours of PTO (roughly 10 days) for the first 3 years. But you will have to use those hours when the clinic closes for reasons out of your control, like when the provider calls out sick or the clinic is closed for holiday.

Work days are a minimum of 13 hours from 7:30am-8:30pm, up to 15 hours depending on how many patients are in the door at closing. During this time you will not have a lunch or any other break. You will eat at your desk in between patients. Any mistake you make will be pointed out. Nothing positive will ever be said to you. You will start out underpaid for your position compared to other companies, and never catch up with your 2% raises received about 18 months apart. At my clinic, we saw 50-60 people a day, often with 3 employees - one front desk, one back office, and one doctor/provider. On lucky days we had 2 back office, but front office is always alone, with no chance to even go to the bathroom without coming back to a line at the desk. We had I think 5 managers in 4 years, and countless other employees. Turnover is high, and for good reason.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
everything else - toxic environment, long hours, no breaks
Typical call center
Customer Service Representative/Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 19, 2017
I have enjoyed my time with NextCare Urgent Care. The hardest part of the job is being pulled off task to pick up the slack on the phones because they didn't have enough people hired to do the job.
Fast paced but a wonderful enviroment
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 6, 2017
I loved working here, they offer wonderful benefits and compensation! The manager and staff are warm and encouraging of one another. It is a fast paced environment, but it is a phenomenal company to work for!
Pros
Amazing benefits and compensation, usually only work 3 days per week
Cons
average of 12 hour shifts per day
Dont work here
Clinical Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. Their training is non existent and if you needed help noone was around to ask. You sometimes had to work by yourself which wasnt easy when it was busy. Many people are leaving this company including alot of providers. This should of been my first sign when 3 FT staff quit in one month along with most of the providers. I guess if any patients complained about you then they were right and you were wrong.
Pros
Lot of OT if you wanted it
Cons
30 min lunch of you got, Sent home early on slow days, lack of training, Sometimes had to work by yourself.
can't trust them
Provider (Current Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 23, 2017
Management will say one thing to your face, something different behind your back. Saw them do this to several people. They will totally stab you in the back. Do not trust them. I never felt safe there. Dates I worked there are changed to protect my identity.
Great Company in the making
Marketing Rep (MO/KS) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 23, 2017
Nextcare in KC was one of the best experiences that I have at within an organization. Expectations were set a little high for what the return they wanted. Management on the local level was very productive and knowledgeable.
Job eliminated
Pros
Local Management
Cons
Corporate Big Wigs
fast pace great doctors always something new to learn
Clinical care specialist clinical lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2017
always busy which makes the day go faster very little down time always learning something new never a dull moment always working under pressure but not micromanage the hardest part is being short handed of workers because we were such a busy clinic what I like the most is when things ran smooth and patients left very happy with the care they received.
Pros
long breaks when possible and education
Cons
sometimes can be very stressful
Awesome Job
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, TXMarch 20, 2017
My favorite place I have every worked at. Being an urgent care all types of issues walked through the door. Job work / life was a good balance. Teamwork and friendly staff. Benefits and pay scale is good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NextCare Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8