NextCare Urgent Care Employee Reviews

Work
Medical Assistant/Clinical Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 21, 2016
My manager is so great she works so hard to works with everyone's schedules and tries her hardest to make it possible to make everyone happy. She calls and checks on her staff to make sure that things are running as normal as possible. Co-workers are the best I think we have the best crew at our clinic right now because we all work as a team. The hardest part about my job would have to be that we as front office having to deal with rude people.
Pros
Management, schedules
Cons
Short lunch, not being able to leave for lunch
Nextcare
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 26, 2015
Worked at Nextcare for about a year and my coworkers were phenomenal. I was very satisfied when I left work on how patients were treated by my coworkers and I and working side by side with providers was a great learning experience for me.

However management is very drama driven and not on top of daily staff members. Employees are not all treated the same and all of the rules are not enforced based on employee.
Pros
flexibility in schedule
Cons
no breaks, no advancement, no raises, poor management
Easy Going
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 5, 2015
Having read some of the negative reviews of NextCare, I thought I should put in my two cents of positive. I work at the resource center, not in a clinic, so this is where my opinion has been formed. My personal experience has found NextCare to be easy going and respectful of its employees. I come in do my work and go home. I am not micro managed, hovered over or harassed in anyway by my supervisor. I am treated as a professional in what I do and am allowed to do my work. My schedule is quite flexible. The benefits are not spectacular but are better than some other companies I have worked for. Upper management keeps us up to date on success and shares these successes with employees via bonuses. My experience has been positive.
Pros
VERY affordable clinic visits, flexible schedule, not micro managed, great coworkers
Cons
Could use a few more PTO days
Self Motivated and Independent Worker
Senior (Lead) A/R Acquisition Representative (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 29, 2016
Task work to my team members. Monitor team members day to day work. check all emails and phone calls for all acquisition accounts. Call insurances/patients for any outstanding claims/balances. Conference call or meetings with the Manager and Reimbursement Director regarding the acquisitions accounts.
Great Place To Work
Accounts Receivable Representative (Current Employee) –  Mesa, ArizonaJune 11, 2016
I started out as a Medicare AR Rep for 5 states and then was promoted in-house as the Contract Service AR Rep and then lastly went back to the insurance floor as Medicaid AR Rep.
Typical day at work: Busy
What I learned: How Medicaid works
Management: Fair
Co-workers: Team players
Hardest Part of the Job: depends on the day
Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: Seeing the money that I bring in
Equal opportunity work place, well defined job expectations, encouragment for personal growth.
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZJuly 21, 2016
I enjoy an enthusiastic team of co-workers with professional personalities and a priority in full circle care for our patients. Management encourages initiative and personal growth.
Pros
Exceptional patient care
Cons
Occasional understaffing
New experience in registration and learning new software
Patient Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, VAJuly 11, 2016
Excellent management, great staff, a lot of patient contact. New learning experience with EMR. A chance to learn and teach new staff coming in to work. A lot of insurance verification.
Pros
New learning experiences
Cons
Three hours of travel per day, long hours.
No chance for advancement
Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 29, 2016
Very busy clinic. Company does not care about their employees.. Overworked, underpaid, and unappreciated by management. Good luck to any Radiographer that needs a job...
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
No breaks
Good Company
Clinical Care Specialist Cross-trained (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJune 28, 2016
Good work environment and friendly co-workers. Would like to see opportunity for education reimbursement. More stable management and growth for employees. More staff recognition and appreciation as an overall company.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 21, 2016
Good place to work. Hard to move up unless your in the click with higher ups. I went above and beyond and never got to move up got stuck on them counting on me for everything but moving up
Work for nothing! - Former Empolyee
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calle Santacruz, Tucson AZFebruary 25, 2013
Although the providers there are great to work with.......Management and corporate are nothing but CORPERATE! There is never job security because corperate does not know who works for them and DOES NOT CARE! The coperation DOES NOT cover any portion of the healthcare benefits provided! (Unacceptable for a medical practice)! As far as patients go, they dont care about that either. Their goal is to have the providers spend the least amount of time with the patient as can be possible! Hence faster times = more money for Coperate!!!!!!!! There is little advancement because there staff is ever changing. Most empoyees don't last more then a year! There is a constant turn-around of staff! They seem to get rid of "star" employees, and chase away the others! Two words for anyone who works here. Good Luck!
Pros
i guess it's a job!
Cons
well just read my review and the others! there are too many for this little box!
Politics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 7, 2016
Definitely met some really great people at this job. Everything else is a hot mess. Management has a team of favorites and if you're not on their list, you're screwed. Constant gossip.
Pros
Many shifts available
Cons
Management, gossip, overworked, unrealistic expectations
former employee - Corporate Billing Office
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 19, 2013
No room for advancement, Team Leads, Supervisors and Manager have a way of not communicating to their employee's. Policy's and procedures would change constantly leaving one to question decisions being made. There was never a firm way to do things. If a call came in and on your line, you answered it even if it was not a payor that you had not worked with. The pay was good, the benefits were expensive, time off was questionable during holiday time. PTO and Holiday time off were combined. If Christmas fell on Saturday you did not get the day before or the day after off, and that went for all of the major holidays. The co-worker's I worked with were good, but most of them have left for other positions outside of the company. If Management could get their act together as well as upper management, NextCare would be a great company to work for. For now, they have a lot of work ahead of them. From being audited by Medicare and fines that were paid, they are facing an uphill battle.
Pros
good hourly pay
Cons
no consistency in management
Beware of the tyrant
Webmaster/PPC/SEO Specialist - Contract (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 15, 2012
It started off really well, but when things goes bad the vp of sales and marketing will point a finger on you. Even though it wasn't your fault when he clearly stated the instructions to do "whatever it takes to be number 1" his exact words. My peers were greatly, friendly, and intelligent, but I think they're just waiting for the opportunity to get out of there. The guy is very unprofessional cursing out loud around the office. At one point he curse and yelled at me and my director about a campaign. He is a fist bumping individual that acts cool around you till something goes wrong and he will turn on you and make you feel miserable the whole time.

The director of marketing she's awesome, but afraid she's just being held back to her full potential the way the vp of marketing and sales
Pros
compensation
Cons
vp of sales and marketing
corporate is ok
customer service marketing (Former Employee) –  mesa,azNovember 27, 2012
I use to work in mesa, az the main HQ for the nextcare urgent care. The place is ok, but not friendly. I would say the moral and environment is less than friendly and lack of life. Once a while you will hear the vp of marketing yell something random and sometimes uncall for. The vp and the director of marketing make funny sayings and inside jokes to each other which sometimes is creepy and weird. Overall the place is ok , but don't expect anything else. Its a plain corporate office life with old people.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
the office can use some fun and motivation.
be careful
Prefer not to say - concerns for retaliation (Former Employee) –  OklahomaApril 15, 2016
Good staff for the most part, but can't trust middle or upper management at all. They run a tight ship which is good, but are cut-throat
Love my work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 24, 2015
I love working at NextCare Urgent Care. It is a very fast and very busy work but the employees, providers and management there are unbelievable. Work goes by so fast due to the patient volume. NextCare is like a home away from home with your second family.
Cons
Short breaks, part time no benefits
High volume of work with continuous changes
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 1, 2015
Working at NextCare has been pretty okay. The interactions I've had with management have been positive. They're good at keeping you informed on changes that are being made and are much more transparent than previous jobs I've had. Typically, I make it in and after clocking in log into the phone queue to receive calls and do your other assigned duties. My gripe would be low pay for amount of work that is required and also the department I was in felt like it was the scapegoat of a lot of gripes and we were always handling more and more duties. Although as I said unlike other jobs I've had if you can legitimately show a reason as to why you're not producing as much work they seem to be pretty understanding. Also within reason they are understanding that even if it isn't ideal people may have emergencies come up and won't hold it against you as long as you're a good employee and do what you're supposed to and don't excessively call in.
Pros
good management, flexibility
Cons
low pay
Very profit oriented company with little interest in taking care of providers
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 1, 2015
Worked there for 4 years and very overworked with very poor support either professional, or administrative.

12 hour shifts with little time for breaks, or lunch.

In 4 years I spoke with my supervising MD 3 times, though I did notice and occasional record review.

One area Medical Director tried his best to make things work, but just kept getting shot down from above and had 2 in succession after him that left quickly.

It is a management/admin run company (unfortunately as many of today's medical corporations are) and the practice of good medicine can not get in the way of making a profit.
Pros
few
Cons
many
Awful place to work
Medical provider (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 6, 2016
Medical Providers don't waste your time!!! One provider on to see too many patients in a shift and administration doesn't care!

2.9