Nexteer Automotive Employee Reviews

Good Company
Production Operator/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 16, 2017
Work is typical to any manufacturing setting. They don't have the best incentives to encourage employees. Safety and quality are the main focuses which encourages a great work environment.
Best job I have every had
Senior Automation & Controls Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 14, 2017
working at nexteer has been a breath of fresh air. the work is rewarded, my management is open and motivating. peers lack the ego of other large corporations. my teams are motivated and engaged to provide value.
Pros
management, vacation, peers
Cons
healthcare is average
its a ok company to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 1, 2017
long hours. but work is work. if you need a job and don't have a problem with standing for a while this would be a great place to work.
productive work environment.
Assembly, Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 2, 2017
We go into work do what were suppose to do then leave . i learned that if you do not get on a bosses good side then they will treat you different. co-workers are mostly great because were all in the same place but always that one bad apple in a bunch. hardest part of the job is tolerating the bosses. i enjoyed talking to other co-workers.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
boss only cares about numbers
produuctive
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 2, 2017
I worked in plant 1 which is a great environment to work in. My coworkers are great people. There were no hard parts of the job, I was well trained. I enjoyed working here, the only reason I left is because of relocation.
Pros
free lunches, health benefits package
Cons
management
Ok
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 21, 2016
It pays the bills. If you need a good paying job, this is the place for you. Also, you get a week break between Christmas and new year.
decent place to work
Second Shift Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 6, 2016
It is a decent place to work if you are required to stay within this area of the state, I would recommend it as a stepping stone work place due to the competitiveness of this type of industry.
Production is evolving everyday.
Machine Operator/ Production (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 3, 2016
A typical day at Nexteer begins with a group huddle going over safety and team issues. I have learned a lot about the automobile industry. The company is union based and my co-workers and I are brothers and sisters. The hardest part about the job is learning how to operate new machines. The most enjoyable part about the job is learning how to operate new machines.
Moderate work, plenty of overtime
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 11, 2016
Factory style job, oriented towards (mostly) physical labor to build car parts. There's plenty of overtime, if a big expense were to pop up on your life. Moderate difficulty.
Pros
Lots of overtime, holiday pay
Cons
Poor management skills, very warm, both in winter and summer, some of the jobs are beyond the pay rate
Needs outside hires to change culture
UAW Production Manufacturing supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 13, 2016
Hiring of outside people to change the culture will help the organization change and grow. Company should take employees opinion a to help the company move forward.
Productive and fun workplace
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 5, 2016
Nexteer was a typical fun workplace. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the assembly lines. But overall the job is very manageable.
The most enjoyable part on the job.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 31, 2016
My most enjoyable part on this job was my co-workers I had on my team. Everyone had a positive attitude and good work ethics. I enjoyed the entire work place.
Good starting job while completing college degree
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 1, 2016
A typical day was getting to work at 8 and entering purchase requisitions into our excel tracker and QAD software, approving purchase orders and checking reports against previous day's completed orders. These were my main duties and they were preformed periodically throughout the day. I also did various projects and general office duties as well. Management was good, available, and easy to talk to. My co-workers were nice and easy to get along with at work, but we rarely did things outside of work. the hardest part of my job was knowing that I was a co-op student and not really getting many opportunities as a result. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning how a company works from a previously unknown perspective and seeing how all the different departments interact with each other.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No benefits, mundane tasks
Long Weeks. Lots of Overtime
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMarch 17, 2016
Good place to work if you want lots of hours and overtime. Union job, with no union support. Mandatory weekend work. Good pay but hard to get any time off.
Pros
Hours, lot of work.
great people to work with
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMarch 6, 2016
1.great people to work with
2.compensation is ok
3.you can learn a lot from peers
4.company location is not good
5.have fun work
On the Right Track for Success
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 16, 2016
Politics get in the way of reaching full potential. The goals set forth are attainable but only through ownership and accountability.
Ehh
Operator (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 3, 2016
If you like to work a lot the job will pay great, this company is very selfish. Job was alright and payed great but management is a joke and will do anything to screw you over if they don't like you. Depending on what Department you're in, Job can get very nasty which include getting all oily Plant 4 is very nasty.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Poor management
Just an ordinary factory job.
Tripot Housing Machinist (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 1, 2016
I mostly worked on my own, so it was nice to not have anyone intruding in my work, but the times I did work with others they were nice people. I didn't ever really meet any management types, but my shift leader was a good guy and kept me around even though I kept showing up late.
Very Stable
Operator (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 4, 2016
Learn skills and how to work with others.
Learning to take pride in one's work
Able to make a decent wage and have benefits
Overall Good
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 31, 2015
Good place to work, secure job. If you put the time in, you can advance. Good management from what I experienced. Be prepared to put time in, in order to get to days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nexteer Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.