NextEra Energy Employee Reviews

Summay of NexEra and its susidiary companies
AP Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLMarch 13, 2016
This company is indeed a wonderful place to work for, plenty of growth and professionals working with. I really enjoy the staff, and place work area and expansion of the Corporate headquarters.

The compensation and benefits are indeed very appealing.

Management and upper supervisory is quite professional and hard working individuals.

The job culture in NexEra and its subsidiary companies are very well identified and valuable to their employees.

Great place to work in and where my experience and skills could be fully utilized.
Pros
Cafeteria is very upscale
Cons
Gym is outstanding, health benefits are great
Company dedicated to investors.
Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Two Rivers, WIMarch 28, 2016
NextEra Energy is a strong company with a range of ownership across the United States. They are one of the major players when it comes to clean energy and providing competitive electricity at the lowest cost possible. Very professional work environment. The company struggles to be proactive at times and works best in a near-continuous 'crisis management' mode. Staff reductions have some Regulators concerned about the safe operation at some power plants. The age of some plants is also a concern for long term employment. Strong loyalty is preferred over personal integrity in some instances. If people work hard and do the right thing, that is sufficient and expected. Overall a very safe company to work for but they have to survive a tough electrical power provider and utilities environment with significant competition from Excelon and Dominion.
Pros
The company values technology upgrades to maximize efficiency.
Cons
Continued employment can be a challenge during tough economic times.
Not a job but a Career
Lead jobs, order necessary parts and consumables (Current Employee) –  Based out of Reese MichiganJanuary 28, 2016
Nextera energy resources is a great company to work for. The travel demands for the central maintenance is the only reason I am actively seeking other employment. Being home 12 weeks a year sure does earn you a great living but work life balance is something to be considered sooner or later.
Pros
great safety culture, great wages, advancement opportunities, great training oportunities.
Cons
80% travel. 4 weeks on the road, 1 week home
Interesting place-but as time goes by, pay raises less
CHEMISTRY SPECIAIST - LEVEL 3 (Former Employee) –  NEXT ERA-PBNP - TWO RIVERS, WIJuly 8, 2016
I worked at Next-Era-PBNP for ~10 years in the Chemistry Group. When on call, fine. But when others on call, I was called instead-hard to think clearly when called at 2:00-3:00 am Monday mornings. Many times when called, just told OPS I'll be in for work in 15 minutes. Then you spend your whole 8-10 hour shift at Next Era-PBNP with no overtime compensation. The people I worked with were great in OPS, Maintenance and HP. But if you weren't part of the "good old boys club in Upper Management", you were left out in the cold. Summation - all the worker bees, lower and middle management people were great. Upper Management really requires "readjustments".Also WAY TOO MANY PROCEDURES!
Pros
I RECEIVED A PAYCHECK
Cons
SHORT BREAKS OR NO BREAKS
Wonderful company to work for
Trader/Power Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLNovember 3, 2015
Trading, scheduling, meetings and more meetings. On site medical, gym and cafeteria. Bonus program, and good benefits. Lots of opportunity to grow within the company.
Amazing company with great benefits
Nuclear Fleet Security Training Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLAugust 4, 2016
NextEra Energy is leader and top performer in the energy industry. A fast paced work environment facilitates a thriving work culture company-wide. The company truly cares for its employees and customers.
Pros
Work enviroment, management, work/life balance
Cons
Demanding high tempo work pace
Fair compensation for the responsibilities associated with work.
Wind Technician leader (Current Employee) –  Ruthton, MNApril 3, 2016
On a typical day you access the condition of the site with turbines requiring repair, wind conditions scheduled service and training obligations. You plan your day, week, month and year based on a goal of maximizing availability, minimizing cost.
You maintain an efficient site by:
1. Scheduling work so repairs are performed proactively
2. Provide accurate information to engineers and senior leaders so informed decisions can be made for managing the site.
3. Maintain an engaged relationship with staff so safety concerns can be mitigated and a policy of using vetted procedures can be maintained.
4. By being aware of site needs for inventory and the possibility of delays due to procuring parts, scheduling contractors, extreme weather or road restrictions. These situations require flexibility so you can obtain your goals by contacting alternate vendors or having contingent work plans.
Pros
The industry is important for environmental stewardship.
Cons
Wind Towers are exposed to difficult weather conditions
Great company to work for
Wind Turbine Technician (Current Employee) –  McCamey, TXSeptember 21, 2015
The company is great, they have wonderful benefits, and care about their employees. They push you to succeed and advance yourself through various training as well as hands on.
Solid work ethic, very pleasant and professional team
AGILE PROJECT MANAGER/AGILE COACH (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLJune 7, 2016
Proud of what they do, many staff have been with the company for more than 20 years - a rarity in this day and age. Professional, courteous, ethical, hard working and supportive. Strongly recommend to anyone considering joining this company.
Fast pace, with safety in mind
Electrical Superintendent/Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Metter, GAAugust 16, 2016
This company is very good to work for, however as a contract worker there is little expection for long term employment. Overall the pay and work is good.
People were great to work with
Senior Nuclear analyst (Former Employee) –  Seabrook Station, NHMay 14, 2016
People were great to work with. Very competent people and I was trained well in my position.Very high paced environment, so the days went by very quickly. Hardest part of job was dealing the very regulated Nuclear industry
Pros
Good pay, 401k
Cons
Health insurance expensive and didn't cover much
Business Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2016
My personal experience has been a great one. I have a stellar manager who looks after his team and reprimands us in the form of additional training, as opposed to public embarrassment.
Pros
Great people and good management
Cons
The pay could be a little better
Good People - Organization/Process Needs to be Developed
Senior Business Analyst/UAT Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLMay 15, 2016
Within the program I worked, there was a very obvious need for process development and training. This would help with productivity.
Pros
Good People - Flexible Schedule
Cons
Not enough notice when contract ended.
Great company!!
Wind Technician (Former Employee) –  Highmore, SDAugust 2, 2016
Great company to work for! Great benefits. Lots of vacation, and paid holidays. Co-workers were team player, and safety was top priority.
Challenging yet rewarding
Wind Turbine Technician II (Former Employee) –  Williams AZJanuary 15, 2014
Excellent company with great benefits. I had a horrible manager who had a terrible reputation throughout the company which made the job challenging. Work/Life balance sucks, you are basically dedicated to work and have no life. The work is mentally and physically challenging. I hear working for different leaders is better and like I said I had a terrible manager. I left the company for family reasons and honestly am happier because I don't work for the manager I did. Do not get hurt on the job or they will find any way to ruin your name and push you out the door. This job is dangerous.
benefits
Cons
work/life balance, living in the middle of nowhere
Good company to work for
Ops (Current Employee) –  Palo, IAMay 14, 2016
Forward thinking company with a positive culture and growth potential. Pay and benefits are good. Management culture and cost management can make the work environment less enjoyable.
Pros
Growth potential
Great Benefits, on site health center and gym.
Accountant ll (Current Employee) –  Juno Beach, FloridaFebruary 9, 2013
My co-workers are great to work with and I interact with many workers from different area of the company. I have a great working relationship with my coworkers. I get a long with all co-workers, supervisors, & managers.

I have not learned much within the last two years.

The hardest part of the job is month-end when I never know what will be required to complete the month-end close in two days.
Pros
health center, gym on site, benefits, tuition reimbursement. trying to maintain a work life balance.
Cons
the indifference to the hours it takes to complete the month-end process.
Excellent Company/ Long hours
Lead Wind Turbine Technician II (Current Employee) –  Williams, AZJuly 14, 2013
Excellent company to work for - Outstanding benefits which include Med/Dental/Vision/Life. Matching 401k, Pension, Paid Vacation and sick days, Employee discounts, Yr end bonus based on performance .
On average you'll work 50 hrs per week, the job is physically and mentally challenging. Most of your work is performed outside and at heights above 300 ft. You will work in extreme weather.

Job also requires plenty of admin type work which can be difficult to do when you have actual technical work to do.

Best part of the job is working on turbine because you work at your own pace and you don't have someone monitoring what you are doing IE looking over your shoulder.

Worst Part of job - Climbing and the physical aspect of the job- You work with extremely heavy parts, climbing one turbine is the same as running 3 miles. Being on-call every other week and getting called in late at night after working a full shift.

The pay is good - You need to be in excellent shape and you can't have physical problems like bad knees/back etc.
Pros
pay, benefits, safety
Cons
physically hard, work/life balance, politics
Challenging work for an engaged work force
Nuclear Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, NHNovember 6, 2014
If you enjoy a challenging work environment, working with highly motivated employees who maintain strict adherence to safety, policies and procedures, this is the place for you.
If you can be flexible and supportive of changing priorities, duties and hours, this is the pace for you,
If you are looking for a place where the employees genuinely care about each other and demonstrate it every day, this is the place for you.
It was the place for me for 27 years.
Pros
excellent benefits, engaged employees who take ownersip of their work
Cons
at times very demandng work hours, no such thing as a typical day
WIND TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAApril 29, 2016
I learned how to apply the safety regulation first before performing the job. Also, they encourage everybody to participate the morning safety meeting.