NextGen Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great People
System Analyst - Performance Team (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PASeptember 13, 2016
A company filled with knowledgeable people, with some nice perks and decent benefits. You will be able to learn from some of the nicest people in the field.
Compensation
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDApril 14, 2016
The pay grade is okay, however they do not compensate you based on your years in the field. The raises could also be better.
Pros
Great, casual work atmosphere
Cons
Pay grade
Na
OPERATION MANAGER/DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2016
Great place to work, positive workplace environment. Great management, great team. helped me grow both personally and professionally . If you wanted to learn and move forward management was always there to help.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
One of the better jobs I have had
Writer/Document (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAMay 11, 2016
NextGen is actually one of the better jobs I have had in my career. It is a very creative atmosphere, you can make your job whatever you want it to be. There are limitations but those limitations are very clean and not hidden at all. they are continuing to grow and evolve so it lends itself for learning opportunities if you are open and willing.
Pros
casual work place, flexibility in the work hours, creative environment
Cons
potential limitations
Patient Information is not protected
Pt accounts (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJune 26, 2016
Every day here is a struggle with the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing, other departments are unwilling to work with each other leaving the patient disgusted. If you are a practice that uses Nextgen as a billing option.........beware, calls incoming and outgoing are recorded and this is not disclosed to the patient, this is a clear HIPAA violation and has been reported, protected pt information is shared between employees and managers via personal emails............dangerous!!
productive and great benefits
Patients Accounts Specialist/ Medical Billing (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHSeptember 3, 2014
Nextgen Healthcare is a wonderful company to work for. I could not complain. They have great benefits. A typical day at work would consist of logging into my phone immediately and taking phone calls from patients regarding their accounts. In between calls I would work the past due AR report, handle voicemails, declined credit card payments and follow up with insurance companies regarding denied claims. The management at Nextgen are wonderful. They were easy to talk to but at the same time expected nothing more or less than effective and efficient work. The hardest part of my day would be having a patient that I cannot assist with lowering the balance. Usually that situation would involve a patient not knowing their insurance policy prior to the appointment. My most enjoyable part of working at Nextgen is because each patient has a different situation, it makes my day go by faster due to it not being repetitive work.
Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks/ hard to schedule vacation time due to lack of medical billing specialist
Good working environment
Certified Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAMay 10, 2016
Good people and good company. Work can be stressful because of high demand, but plenty of support. Co-workers got along very well. The hardest part of the job was the high demand.
Pros
Strong management support.
Nextgen is an average place to work in my opinion
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PASeptember 18, 2013
There is no room for advancement at Nextgen. Our benefits have been slowly taken from us little by little. I don't make enough at Nextgen to survive without taking on a 2nd job.
Pros
there are some very good perks at Nextgen
Cons
However, our benefits seem to be slowly taken away little by little
Productive, flexible workplace, with great people
Senior Project Manager, PMO (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 4, 2016
NextGen was a great place to work. I learned how to manage multiple projects simultaneously and worked with positive and driven team members. I enjoyed the flexibility the most and the most challenging part of the job was consistently providing high levels of customer service as the product evolved.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
evolving product
Decent Company, Low Pay
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2014
Good work/life balance. The raises and opportunity for advancement are nearly non existent.
Some company fun
Technical Deployment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAFebruary 5, 2016
NextGen has been GREAT training ground for me. They gave me a a chance with no experience. I can never repay them for that!!!
Pros
Free food, lunches and gifts
Cons
More communication/direction from management needed.
Good people to work with
Client Support Analyst, EHR Tier 1 (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAFebruary 1, 2016
The work environment and management is really great. Great environment with a fitness area. Upper-level management constantly providing food for employees.
Pros
work from home
Great work/life balance
Client Care (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAJune 9, 2015
Very flexible allowing the ability to work from home when needed due to bad weather or having a personal reason (doctor's apt, etc). Direct managers have always been understanding of the need for a good work/life balance. A lot of room for advancement and moving to other teams is encouraged after about two years. Everyone's great to work with!
Great people and good work/life balance
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 20, 2015
A typical day at work starts with meetings to review work currently being performed in development sprints. After questions are answered, requirements analysis is performed for prioritized features. Teamwork is above average; however there are accountability issues with some employees not pulling their weight. The hardest part of my job is the lack of direction and leadership, which leads to wasted effort in the requirements analysis process. The most enjoyable part of my job is the low-stress office environment.
Productive and Great Work Environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJune 25, 2014
What a great company to work for. Work/Life balance is unbelievable, staff and management are wonderful. Even though they make having a great life available, you work hard while you are on the clock. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning something new daily and always being thanked for a great job.
Pros
Work/Life, Great Management
Good Company but executive management has lost focus
Sr. Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Horsham PAOctober 6, 2015
Used to be a great company but over the years it seems as though executive management has lost focus which has caused NextGen to fall behind competition so the workday is more stressful as market saturation has increased the risk for our current client base to look elsewhere if we cannot deliver.
Great environment to work
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PANovember 8, 2015
This was a remote position that offered flexibility. Management was always supportive and encouraged your ideas. I would suggest this organization.
Innovative, challenging, fun and somewhat chaotic
Manager (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAMarch 18, 2013
Going in a million directions, many demands, wonderful, supportive coworkers. Flexible work schedule, able to work from home as needed. Continual learning opportunities and incredibly bright employees. Heavy email culture, never a minute without email bombardment. Opportunity to travel to industry events. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the demands and minutia, hard to feel in control and on top of my game, more like keeping all the balls up in the air. By the same token, opportunity to be creative and implement new ideas. The people are great and that's what makes it gratifying.
Pros
intelligent, hard working and fun coworkers, challenging and interesting work
Cons
company lacks solid leadership and clear startegic direction, chaotic workflow
Fast Passed and high stress job
Inbound Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2012
The company is involved in the EMR for small hospital around the U.S. The Technical Support Department was very short staffed and the employees were under very stressful working conditions. There was a great push to get the small hospitals through the certification process in order to gain government incentives. The software was not without bugs and the push on implementations caused a great strain on Technical Support. Hopefully they have hired more staff to deal with the influx of work.
Pros
job security
Cons
too much stress
Fantastic group of talented individuals but a serious lack of executive leadership.
Regional Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PANovember 21, 2012
A lot of potential but very flat organization with little to no vision or direction from the executive team. Individual autonomy allowed for things to get done. Morale is very low due to quality and process issues and the impact this ultimately has on the employees. The best part of the job was working with my team and the clients and the tremendous reward from performing above the client's expectations.
Pros
direct contact w/clients, autonomy, talented people
Cons
weak upper management w/ no vision or direction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NextGen Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Indeed Prime: Apply to 100 top tech companies with 1 application

100% free. Land your dream job and get $2k. Interested employers will reach out with salary and equity upfront.

Learn more about Indeed Prime