NextGen Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Patient Information is not protected
Pt accounts (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJune 26, 2016
Every day here is a struggle with the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing, other departments are unwilling to work with each other leaving the patient disgusted. If you are a practice that uses Nextgen as a billing option.........beware, calls incoming and outgoing are recorded and this is not disclosed to the patient, this is a clear HIPAA violation and has been reported, protected pt information is shared between employees and managers via personal emails............dangerous!!
Some company fun
Technical Deployment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAFebruary 5, 2016
NextGen has been GREAT training ground for me. They gave me a a chance with no experience. I can never repay them for that!!!
Pros
Free food, lunches and gifts
Cons
More communication/direction from management needed.
Productive, flexible workplace, with great people
Senior Project Manager, PMO (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 4, 2016
NextGen was a great place to work. I learned how to manage multiple projects simultaneously and worked with positive and driven team members. I enjoyed the flexibility the most and the most challenging part of the job was consistently providing high levels of customer service as the product evolved.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
evolving product
Good people to work with
Client Support Analyst, EHR Tier 1 (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAFebruary 1, 2016
The work environment and management is really great. Great environment with a fitness area. Upper-level management constantly providing food for employees.
Pros
work from home
Good working environment
Certified Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAMay 10, 2016
Good people and good company. Work can be stressful because of high demand, but plenty of support. Co-workers got along very well. The hardest part of the job was the high demand.
Pros
Strong management support.
Great environment to work
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PANovember 8, 2015
This was a remote position that offered flexibility. Management was always supportive and encouraged your ideas. I would suggest this organization.
Compensation
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDApril 14, 2016
The pay grade is okay, however they do not compensate you based on your years in the field. The raises could also be better.
Pros
Great, casual work atmosphere
Cons
Pay grade
Good Company but executive management has lost focus
Sr. Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Horsham PAOctober 6, 2015
Used to be a great company but over the years it seems as though executive management has lost focus which has caused NextGen to fall behind competition so the workday is more stressful as market saturation has increased the risk for our current client base to look elsewhere if we cannot deliver.
Great people and good work/life balance
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 20, 2015
A typical day at work starts with meetings to review work currently being performed in development sprints. After questions are answered, requirements analysis is performed for prioritized features. Teamwork is above average; however there are accountability issues with some employees not pulling their weight. The hardest part of my job is the lack of direction and leadership, which leads to wasted effort in the requirements analysis process. The most enjoyable part of my job is the low-stress office environment.
Great work/life balance
Client Care (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAJune 9, 2015
Very flexible allowing the ability to work from home when needed due to bad weather or having a personal reason (doctor's apt, etc). Direct managers have always been understanding of the need for a good work/life balance. A lot of room for advancement and moving to other teams is encouraged after about two years. Everyone's great to work with!
Very productive, laid back environment that displayed outstanding employee value
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GASeptember 10, 2015
The environment was very comfortable, I've had the pleasure of working with coworkers and clients who were from different parts of the world and I appreciated how NextGen embraced different cultures.
Everyone was treated fairly, very friendly and worked as a team. I enjoyed it very much.
productive and great benefits
Patients Accounts Specialist/ Medical Billing (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHSeptember 3, 2014
Nextgen Healthcare is a wonderful company to work for. I could not complain. They have great benefits. A typical day at work would consist of logging into my phone immediately and taking phone calls from patients regarding their accounts. In between calls I would work the past due AR report, handle voicemails, declined credit card payments and follow up with insurance companies regarding denied claims. The management at Nextgen are wonderful. They were easy to talk to but at the same time expected nothing more or less than effective and efficient work. The hardest part of my day would be having a patient that I cannot assist with lowering the balance. Usually that situation would involve a patient not knowing their insurance policy prior to the appointment. My most enjoyable part of working at Nextgen is because each patient has a different situation, it makes my day go by faster due to it not being repetitive work.
benefits
Cons
short breaks/ hard to schedule vacation time due to lack of medical billing specialist
Productive and Great Work Environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJune 25, 2014
What a great company to work for. Work/Life balance is unbelievable, staff and management are wonderful. Even though they make having a great life available, you work hard while you are on the clock. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning something new daily and always being thanked for a great job.
Pros
work/life, great management
Nextgen is an average place to work in my opinion
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PASeptember 18, 2013
There is no room for advancement at Nextgen. Our benefits have been slowly taken from us little by little. I don't make enough at Nextgen to survive without taking on a 2nd job.
Pros
there are some very good perks at nextgen
Cons
however, our benefits seem to be slowly taken away little by little
Decent Company, Low Pay
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2014
Good work/life balance. The raises and opportunity for advancement are nearly non existent.
They need help
Director KBM Development (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAOctober 11, 2013
The management team is not planning for the future, not dealing with strategic issues and allows a ridiculous amount of internal politics, which is very inefficient and time consuming.

Not a good place to work.
Pros
industry with tremendous opportunity
Cons
infinite oppinions from physicians on how software should work
Innovative, challenging, fun and somewhat chaotic
Manager (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAMarch 18, 2013
Going in a million directions, many demands, wonderful, supportive coworkers. Flexible work schedule, able to work from home as needed. Continual learning opportunities and incredibly bright employees. Heavy email culture, never a minute without email bombardment. Opportunity to travel to industry events. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the demands and minutia, hard to feel in control and on top of my game, more like keeping all the balls up in the air. By the same token, opportunity to be creative and implement new ideas. The people are great and that's what makes it gratifying.
Pros
intelligent, hard working and fun coworkers, challenging and interesting work
Cons
company lacks solid leadership and clear startegic direction, chaotic workflow
Not my favorite
Certified Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAApril 14, 2015
It was a hard company to work for. Not enough hands on training was given before sending you out to clients to work. New trainers were given a mentor but mine only emailed me once. They require any physicians office that buys their product to have someone in their office become a certified user. That makes sense except when you are working on an implementation and the client knows more than you.
They also changed the number of hours you needed to be away from home and the travel expense reimbursements started to come later each month.
Pros
Company with the latest softward
Cons
Long days, too many days away from home before flying out again.
A relax working environment
Account Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 8, 2015
NextGen is an ideal working environment where the management encourage growth in respective of your lifestyle, religion and race. I could proudly say, its a relax working environment for me, compare to my previous experience in a related working environment.
Pros
free lunch when necessary
Cons
short breaks
Good experience for a first job
Assessment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAAugust 5, 2014
Worked at NextGen for about a year and a half. Unfortunately, the management there was not the best.
Pros
good work/life balance
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NextGen Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9