NextGen Healthcare

NextGen Healthcare Employer Reviews

Productive and Great Work Environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Horsham, PAJune 25, 2014
Pros: work/life, great management
What a great company to work for. Work/Life balance is unbelievable, staff and management are wonderful. Even though they make having a great life available, you work hard while you are on the clock. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning something new daily and always being thanked for a great job.
Decent Company, Low Pay
Software Developer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2014
Good work/life balance. The raises and opportunity for advancement are nearly non existent.
They need help
Director KBM Development (Former Employee), Horsham, PAOctober 11, 2013
Pros: industry with tremendous opportunity
Cons: infinite oppinions from physicians on how software should work
The management team is not planning for the future, not dealing with strategic issues and allows a ridiculous amount of internal politics, which is very inefficient and time consuming.

Not a good place to work.
Nextgen is an average place to work in my opinion
Receptionist (Current Employee), Horsham, PASeptember 18, 2013
Pros: there are some very good perks at nextgen
Cons: however, our benefits seem to be slowly taken away little by little
There is no room for advancement at Nextgen. Our benefits have been slowly taken from us little by little. I don't make enough at Nextgen to survive without taking on a 2nd job.
Excellent
Implementation Specialist/Trainer (Former Employee), USJuly 22, 2013
Pros: clients
Cons: traveling
A lot of traveling on the road, see a lot. Learned different specialties, new workflows, helped me with confidence in speaking with large groups. Hardest part of the job was leaving family behind for a few days.
Travel is a perk and a con of this job
Implementation Specialist - EHR (Current Employee), tampa florida/ remoteMarch 20, 2013
Pros: travel
Cons: pay
This is a great position for those who love to travel and see knew places.
Innovative, challenging, fun and somewhat chaotic
Manager (Current Employee), Horsham, PAMarch 18, 2013
Pros: intelligent, hard working and fun coworkers, challenging and interesting work
Cons: company lacks solid leadership and clear startegic direction, chaotic workflow
Going in a million directions, many demands, wonderful, supportive coworkers. Flexible work schedule, able to work from home as needed. Continual learning opportunities and incredibly bright employees. Heavy email culture, never a minute without email bombardment. Opportunity to travel to industry events. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with all – more... the demands and minutia, hard to feel in control and on top of my game, more like keeping all the balls up in the air. By the same token, opportunity to be creative and implement new ideas. The people are great and that's what makes it gratifying. – less
My commute is short and I enjoy working with my co workers
Team Lead of Product Specialists (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 6, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: management skill
We just had a 100 person layoff and the management that they are bringing in do not have EMR experience.
Company Downsizing
Implementation/Training Specialist (Former Employee), Horsham, PAMarch 6, 2013
Pros: training
Cons: pay below industry standards
Company provides great training, Management are good depending on the level that you work with respect to your position. Pay increases are not significant and overall pay are not in line with the industry.
Healthcare Software for Medical Records and Medical Practice Management
QA Analyst/Technical Writer (Current Employee), Horsham, PAMarch 1, 2013
Pros: some departments allow one day a week work from home
Cons: there were layoffs recently of about 100 people
NextGen started as a small company. During the period from 2005 from 2010, they grew from 70 employees to about 1500 employees. I started at NextGen in 2006 and in the first year they went from about 250 employees to over 500. They became one of the most successful healthcare software companies and got good reviews from customers. They did not however – more... control the growth and kept promising more than they were able to deliver. This led to many missed deadlines and customer dissatisfaction. They are trying to turn it around now but old habits die hard.
They are in the right business and I hope that they turn it around with the new web-based version of the software that is planned.
I enjoyed my time working at NextGen and am sorry that they were not able to maintain their position in the healthcare market. – less
Worst place I've ever had the misfortune to work for.
Interface Analyst (Former Employee), Horsham, PAFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: free coffee & tea
Cons: no training, no support from mgt, huge workloads, unrealistic expectations, dark, miserable work environment, shared cubicles, miserable co-workers, no hope.
Stay away from Nextgen. I was given no training and thrown into live production support/installations - it was a nightmare. So many people there are burnt out zombies from huge project loads and lack of support from management. Which reminds me... the managers act like children and will not help you. I begged my manager for some time to help with the – more... most critical issues that I could not resolve. He set aside 2 hours for a meeting to work on issues. I received 10 minutes of attention during that 2 hours. Most of his time was spent cursing other analysts who sent him questions asking for help. Look, the bottom line is that Nextgen sounds like it used to be a great place to work, but that is not the case now. You will be overworked and have no support from management. Typical answers to questions will result in you being handed 500 - 2000 pages of documentation and told to figure it out. Seriously, stay away. – less
Fun place to work in for anyone willing to travel a lot.
TRAINING AND IMPLEMENTATION SPECIALIST (EHR) (Current Employee), Horsham, PAFebruary 15, 2013
If you enjoy spending a lot of time traveling and working on different projects all the time, this is place for you. Work/Life balance is okay but you will spend a lot of time on the road. Co-workers are great, but since everyone is spread across the country, you only get to see them several times annually at large projects and group meetings.
Good place until mass layoffs
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2013
This was a good place until they hit financial hardships then things changed quickly.

The personal days were halved followed by mass layoffs and I was a part of that.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: health insurance rates are high
I have a ask for work daily. I have learned that everything is not what it seems. My manager never told me the truth about where I was headed the next day. My co-workers are wonderful. The hardest part of my job is follow through with my supervisor. The most enjoyable part of my job is that upper management has an open door policy.
Fantastic group of talented individuals but a serious lack of executive leadership.
Regional Implementation Manager (Former Employee), Horsham, PANovember 21, 2012
Pros: direct contact w/clients, autonomy, talented people
Cons: weak upper management w/ no vision or direction
A lot of potential but very flat organization with little to no vision or direction from the executive team. Individual autonomy allowed for things to get done. Morale is very low due to quality and process issues and the impact this ultimately has on the employees. The best part of the job was working with my team and the clients and the tremendous – more... reward from performing above the client's expectations. – less
good company , tough schedule
Lead Clinical Implementation Analyst (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 13, 2012
Dont want to talk about my current job!
However great group of people to work with , crazy schedule and travel 100 %. Management need more training!
Fast Passed and high stress job
Inbound Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: job security
Cons: too much stress
The company is involved in the EMR for small hospital around the U.S. The Technical Support Department was very short staffed and the employees were under very stressful working conditions. There was a great push to get the small hospitals through the certification process in order to gain government incentives. The software was not without bugs and – more... the push on implementations caused a great strain on Technical Support. Hopefully they have hired more staff to deal with the influx of work. – less

About NextGen Healthcare

The next available appointment with your doctor might not be until next July, but NextGen Healthcare Information Systems¬†will – Read more