NEXTLocums Employee Reviews

They value their employees!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 13, 2017
I have finally found an organization that not only values its direct staff, but values their care providers as well.

From handwritten to providers to gifts sent to top providers, this company isn't a "get them a job and then forget them" kind of locums firm.

I enjoy my coworkers. I enjoy the management. And I truly feel that I make a difference there every day. The technology there is top notch. They invest in their employees.

They have been nominated for Top Places to Work for the past 3 years. (Health Carousel)
Pros
Great management. Happy employees. Appreciation.
Rude Staff
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2016
Received a number of phone calls from this agency to try and fill a job at some shady osteo practice. The pay they described was incredibly low given the job and the area, not to mention the recruiter who spoke with me was quite rude! I would not recommend answering any calls from them much less working with them.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay / Rude Recruiting Staff
Excellent Employer That Cares
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 1, 2016
I have been an employee of Next Medical Staffing for well over 5 years. I can attest, without reservation, this is one of the most open- minded, generous, forgiving and caring groups that I have ever worked with. I have seen the management team, on multiple occasions, give new hires every chance to succeed and second chances when things were not going well.

One of the many reasons I have stayed with this group is that I can rest assured that any healthcare professionals that I work with will be paid, on time and every time. The very few times I have witnessed a simple mistake, the staff has taken the situation seriously and resolved the issue immediately, a very rare occurrence in this industry. This is one of dozens, if not hundreds, of examples of the commitment this company shows towards the traveling team members and the internal staff.

I am proud to be able to publicly endorse Next Medical Staffing, the Management Team and the internal support staff as well as all of our contract and permanent placement healthcare professionals. Please call us for any of your needs and find out for yourself how professional and supportive an organization can be.
Fantastic Company
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 24, 2016
I've worked for this company for over a year, with a second contract at the current location I'm currently at and could not ask for a better place to work. My recruiter Keith has been nothing but helpful and outgoing each and every time i speak with him and goes out of his way to make sure i feel appreciated and satisfied. Patti in payroll is also fantastic. I have worked with other travel companies in the past, and by far this is the best employer I've worked for since I've been in the field. I would recommend this company to everyone because I've never had to question whether or not I've been appreciated at my job.
Pros
compensation, hours, location, staff
Stay away from this company.
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 23, 2016
If you are a health care provider stay away from this company!!! I was seriously considering taking an assignment with this company, however the recruiter was extremely rude. Long story short, they are hiring for a pain management clinics with extremely poor rating scores.
Pros
pay
Cons
rude
Applied for a job with NMS- Physician Assistant position
physician assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 30, 2015
I was seriously considering taking an assignment with this company. However, the recruiter was evasive about every aspect of the position, including even the general location and type of practice, and became rude and condescending when pressed for this information.
Naturally, I avoided this terrible company.
The Positives and Negatives of Next Medical Staffing
Employee (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 9, 2015
Negative - Account Managers are rarely helpful and do not ever seem to be able to provide timely or accurate answers for recruit or support staff.

Positive - Steak and Shake Hats for Special Occasions

Negative - Outdated computers and sofware, mismatched tech equipment that is either old or refurbished. Only one IT person on staff as well.

Positive - Pink Sticky Notes

Negative - Managements response time and sense of urgency regarding important/urgent matters are laughable at best.

Positive - Swivel Chairs

Negative - One Physician Assistant placed in a permanent role never received [their] Med Malpractice Certificate, only to find out it had never been taken care of and the provider had been practicing without it for months. Management had been made aware of the situation on 3 separate occasions before the provider quit.

Positive - Neutral Color Cubicles to accommodate any decor

Negative - Management constantly drops the ball when it comes to Providers and Recruiters getting the information they need to move the hiring process along, lack of communication and low productivity accounts for a majority of the slow pace and drop off rate.

Positive - Colorful Pens

Negative - Updates and details regarding the status of a providers application to a particular work site or job is difficult to get and the time that passes accounts for a majority of missed revenue and bonuses. A Majority of providers in today's market will not wait 3 days just to find out the patient load or 2 weeks.

Positive - Central Air and Heat

Negative - Very low rate
  more... of pay for quality travel nurses and other health providers, very low commission rate % paid only once a month, low base salary, low pay in general across the board. Top talent does not stick around for long due to this and other factors.

Positive - Healthy Lunch Options Nearby

Negative - Narrow-minded, immature, uncultured, and rude staff. High School mentality and social hierarchy describe it to a T. Very cliquish. Backstabbing, gossiping, and bullying are common practice here, staff circulates photos of prior employees and makes fun of them even after they have been gone a year or more - very classless. Management is very much aware and apart of it with no apparent plans to improve or correct it. Limited advancement opportunities for qualified individuals, minuscule number of individuals employed here who are either well-educated or well traveled/worldly leaving one to feel unchallenged and under-stimulated.
Pros
Swivel chairs, pink sticky notes
Cons
Below average pay, expensive benefit plans
Good communication and flexible hours
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 21, 2015
Travel nursing is like a vacation every time you switch locations. You are put on the spot with limited time of training to succeed. Independence and your ability to pick up the job will be the determining factor in your success.
Travel nurse has good compensation, struggles with job security and building seniority. Every contract has a limit with options to reschedule with good compensation. Yearly testing required and yearly physical and drug screen required. Company's can cancel contract for whatever reason, leaving you without a job sometimes.
Pros
compensation!!!, new assignment every 3-6mos, see the country, vacation like atmosphere, limited drama on wards
Cons
new person with no seniority, limited benefits, yealry drug screens and testing, at times cancellation of contract
Excellent company to work for
ER RN (Current Employee) –  CAFebruary 6, 2015
I worked with this company several years ago and I loved them. I decided to stop traveling for a while and when I started traveling again, I gave another company a try. Lesson learned. I am now back at Next Medical Staffing and will be for the remainder of my travel assignments. They are a great group to work with and always go the distance to make sure that their employees get the most out of each assignment. This is a company that will stick by you.
great to work with - found me exactly what i was looking for
SLP (Current Employee) –  DallasMay 21, 2013
I posted my resume online to find jobs. Several agencies called and left short, rude messages and never followed up. I was pleased to hear a friendly voice from Next Medical. They truly listened to my goals on my next job. One agency got my information online and submitted me with out my knowledge. Next never did anything without my full knowledge and consent. Great to work with and in the event I need to look in the future, I will use NEXT!!
Pros
Never submits without your consent!!!! Love Next Medical!
This is an Employer to Avoid at All Costs
Speech pathologist (Former Employee) –  Mtn. View, ArkansasMay 1, 2013
One cannot work for an employer who is fundamentally dishonest or so disorganized that they are dishonest when the truth would serve them better. This characterized my experiences with Next Medical Staffing, its CEO (who promulgates this corporate culture) and PF, its "HR manager" who is far more adept at lying than she is at telling the truth. The manner in which they treat their clients parallels the way they treat their employees. Conditions of employment made during the interview process mean nothing to these people and are soon broken. This is the worst employer for whom I have ever worked in 41 years of teaching and clinical practice as an SLP. My sentiments were shared by other therapists and the facility's Director of Rehabilitation. The recruiter at NMS thought he had them "fooled". Their tactics are unconscionable. Unfortunately, I have nothing good that I can truthfully say about Next Medical Staffing, its management team, its recruiters and, particularly, its HR manager. There are a lot of staffing companies with integrity. I would encourage you to continue your search until you locate one of them. After several broken promises, I submitted a letter of resignation to Next Medical Staffing stating that I would accept no future assignments with them. I remained at the facility until the end of my contract. The housestaff, patients, their families, physicians were excellent to work with, and they stood in stark contrast to the people at Next Medical Staffing.
Pros
None from the perspective of an employee.
Cons
Dishonest.
Avoid at all cost
Physical therapist (Former Employee) –  CaApril 18, 2013
Does not keep verbal contacts with therapist. Contracts are suspect. Does not honor contract. Go with a different company
Looking for a great travel company, call Next Medical Staffing
Traveling Therapist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 7, 2012
I have found Next Medical Staffing to be one of the best companies I have ever worked with. They have exceeded my expectations on a number of occasions, understanding my needs, quickly returning calls, offering solutions and making me feel more than just an employee. I would strongly advise anyone looking for either a travel or a permanent position to call them first. Great job Next Medical Staffing, keep up the good work and Thank You.
Pros
caring, professional, experts in staffing, great company
One of the better travel companies
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 7, 2012
I have been a travel occupational therapist for the last 3 years. I have taken assignments with various agencies and found Next Medical to provide one of the better experiences. They were very attentive to my needs. When you called you always got a person on the line, not voicemail like most of the other bigger agencies I have worked for. I also found that they were very honest and did not over promise as many of the other companies will do just to get you to take an assignment with them.

The main reason I stuck with Next Medical was that they actually worked for me. When other agencies told me they would call me when a position opened up where I was looking, Next actually went out and worked on my behalf to pro-actively find a position. As a traveler you will realize the importance of this as you progress in your career. Most companies just want to sell you what they have like your dealing with used car salesman. This is the one company where I felt like service was a top priority.

If you are thinking about taking a travel assignment this is one of the handful of companies I would choose to work with.
Pros
service, compensation, attentiveness
A Company To Avoid
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 21, 2012
If you are looking for a "traveling company", I would encourage you to contnue your search. My experience with Next was marked by unfulfilled verbal commitments and frank dishonesty in several important areas.

For both professional and personal reasons, from my experience, I would suggest that you interact with a company that has a proven reputation of excellence in the manner in which they treat their employees, and that is well known in the industry. I've worked for many employers over a career spanning 3 decades. This one was, without a doubt, the one with the least integrity or honesty with regard to how I was treated. The job I did for them was good enough that the facility offered me a part- or full-time position with them.
Pros
absolutely none.
Cons
does not fulfill promises made to employees, does not respond effectively to issues that are personnel or hr related, does not pay full amount of salary as specified on the contract or "agreement", breaks verbal commitments regularly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NEXTLocums. Our community is ready to answer.