Nexus IS Employee Reviews

Company was recently part of an aquisition -
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CASeptember 8, 2017
Work environment has changed - management is lacking in coaching skills and mentorship. They do not give their associates the ability to make educated business decisions.
They are building a business regardless of effect on good employees
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 23, 2016
The people are very nice. However, if you do not make your numbers in your first year you are let go.

The merger between Nexus / Dimension Data, lead to a large number of layoffs; even if your numbers were above quota.
Pros
Good people, company is VERY philanthropic and caring.
Cons
Sink or swim.
Some Individuals made it hard to work there.
Senior Field Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 12, 2015
I would not recommend anyone to work for this company. It wasn't until I went to work for NEC that I realize how much verbal abuse I would take. The biggest problem was the manager who were NOT in Charge of me would not acknowledge any good deeds complete. Example: letters from customers that were positive were to be rewarded by a 75.00 check. I was told by a customer that they wrote a glowing letter and did I see it. No, but weeks later I found it on the ground next to the trash. Why would anyone do that is beyond me.
Pros
Cons
Bad work environment.
Freindly
team lead (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 1, 2015
A department that receives high volume phone calls, needs minimal amount of supervision. A dedication to the customer. The department had a good working relationship.
Pros
Long lunch hour, great location
Cons
24 hour on call
Incredible learning and career building experience
Technical Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego CaliforniaJanuary 6, 2015
Nexus not only cares for its employees, it has proven to help me develop mentally and further pursue my goals. The onsite experience given as well as direction from the lead engineers has proven to be the most influential and productive way of learning.
Great place to work.
Sales & Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 1, 2014
I loved working at Nexus IS. I looked forward to coming to the office every day. I worked there for almost 4 years and every day was a pleasure. I have lifelong friends as a result and learned so much from being there. I wore several different hats while I was there and I loved what I did. Definitely a 5 star in my opinion. I would work there again if I had the opportunity to.
Pros
Compensentation, great people, work load
Cons
can't think of any at the moment
Account Exercutive
COMMERCIAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 29, 2014
Good company - but with comments.
The management team is very effective, but Nexus does have a certain culture that is pervasive throughout sales, support, and implementation groups. It's not a bad culture -- but there isn't a lot of room or value for employees who may not readily fit into that culture.
I'll put it this way, it's more challenging to work there if you're not comfortable with that type of culture.
Pros
Technical support team, Pre sales support, post-sales support, implementation team
Cons
There's a specific culture at Nexus (and it's not a bad culture), but it's best if you fit into that culture

Want to know more about Nexus IS?

Ask a question