Nexus Employee Reviews

Productive Day With Challenge
Principal Acquisition Represenative (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Not Micro Manged
Cons: Lots of Travel
An average day consisted of encountering land owners in seeking a signed right of entry for survey. This is a FERC project. Co workers were pleasant and management was always striving to hire new agents with experience. The most challenging part of the assignment was owners opposing the project. However, I overcome the majority objections.
Dishonest Managment
councleor (Former Employee), onamia, mnMay 26, 2015
Was hired and during training saw improper process of handling youth was not used according to training and was shunned by team when brought up to management. Hours are not honored and very unprofessional with previously discussed advancements. Higher ups in other teams will reprimand trainees for not knowing what they are doing without the training for specific issue at hand. A very negative feeling towards each other within the system of workers. Turn over is very high making it a chaotic work environment.
Produtive & Good Company to work for
Sprint Dedicated Construction Manager (Current Employee), OHMay 21, 2015
We would start off with a Conference call, then head out to the field to follow up on the GC's
making sure that they are on track with the requirements that the Vendor we're working for requires.
after delivering parts or document's to the field techs I would send in a shift report by COB

I learned how to do COP's for the vendors that I work for also how to deal with the GC's that we employed

The management and my co workers we're easy to work with and more than happy to offer any help. I learned a lot from them.

Worrying about when the job is going to end what I'll be doing next?

Meeting New people and working outside
Great in-patient treatment center.
Counselor (Former Employee), Onamia, MNMarch 26, 2015
Nexus operates several different types of in-patient and out-patient treatment centers. This particular location served in-patient juvenile offenders. Great career move for any criminal justice or social work majors.
Horrible Management
Counselor (Former Employee), OnargaMarch 11, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: management, stress
If you are good at walking on eggshells, stabbing people in the back and kissing up to incompetent management, you will do well here. EXTREMELY HIGH TURNOVER RATE. There are two groups of people that work here; people that have been there for 20 years and a revolving door of new employees. The management at this place is very threatened by any new ideas or competent employees. In order to succeed you have to keep your mouth shut. This is borderline criminal because the very population they deal with is at risk.
You Must Be Disciplined
Business Development Manager, Fleet (Current Employee), USAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: simplified management structure
Nexus is a contractor and I work from a home office. Working from a home office is not for everyone. Nexus (as would I) has expectations for its employees to deliver. If you get your work done from a home office, then get an office job...Nexus management will tell you the same. Again, I would tell you to do so as well.
Great Place to Work
Lead Case Assignment Coordinator (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXSeptember 2, 2014
1 Responsible for Training New Employees
7 Made Outgoing Calls to Insurance Companies
8 Received Incoming Calls from Insurance Companies
9 Corresponded with Doctors on Case Limits
10 Abided by Due Dates to have Cases Submitted on time

The people that work here are amazing!
Was a great place to work
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee), Northglenn, COAugust 27, 2014
Managed a team that manufactured steel frame greenhouses.
good place to work but no advancement. I had a good work experience with staff an co workers.
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Bedford Park, ILAugust 24, 2014
Close knit family feeling
Senior Counselor (Current Employee), Manteno, ILApril 29, 2014
Pros: networking, gaining knowledge through dcfs
Cons: no breaks most days, overwhelmed by the stress of the job
Sometimes I see my coworkers and the clients more than I see my own family. We are together so much that we call each other family. The hardest part of my job is learning a child's background history and understanding the trauma that led them to being placed with us. The most enjoyable part is seeing a client discharge successfully from IOA and going on with the rest of their life like a normal teenager. I've learned to never judge a book by its cover and to always have patience and be understanding.
Unorganized, punitive management with poor nursing department at Woodbourne Nexus
Nurse (Former Employee), Woodbourne BaltimoreMarch 27, 2014
Pros: working with children who have been traumatized and is in treatment.
Cons: management and nursing department unorganized, lack professionalism and experience.
Working with the clients can be very stressful and physically difficult. However, the work is rewarding when one child is successfully discharged. My co-workers are hard working and dedicated to the care of children with mental health and behavior problems. The management at Woodbourne nexus is unorganized, punitive and show a lot of favoritism towards some staff. The nursing department lacks professionalism, consistency in providing quality care to the clients and nurses with experience. There is no room for advancement, the pay and benefits are below other RTC'S in the region.
Really?
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Austin,MNMarch 14, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: constant holds, backstabbing
You have to be a die hard individual to work there. Doing holds on children the majority of the time and trying to keep your staff the rest. I loved trying to help the children but trying to please the senior staff was impossible. I was so stressed out by the time I quit that it took me 6 months to get my body to stop shaking.
Enjoyable atmosphere
Assistant House Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, MAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: clients, management
I learned more in my time working at this job than I have learned in my entire life.
It was always enjoyable and a pleasure, management was amazing!
Working for a small non-profit was the best way to start off in the DD field.
It is a place to sit quietly and research. Recommend it!
Research Affiliate (Current Employee), Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 25, 2014
It is a place to sit quietly and research. Recommend it! It is possible to do several novel ideas.
Senior Counselor (Current Employee), Manteno, ILFebruary 6, 2014
A typical day at work for me could be anything from teaching clients to learn how to manage their emotions on their own or having to restrain a client due to them becoming unsafe to themselves or to others. I have learned that there are many people who struggle with managing themselves without the help of others. Management has been a very good support for anyone that wants to move up the chain of employment. I enjoy working with my coworkers becasue we all come from different cultural backgrounds and have learned a lot from each other. The hardest part about this job is knowing that you are not able to help everyone. The most enjoyable part of this job is that moment when you get a phone call from a past client and they are doing well and living a successful life.
Productive place to work
Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GASeptember 25, 2013
at this job i learned how to read upc labels. the management team was a good one to work for. the only bad thing is i couldn't understand my coworkers because they spoke a different language.
fun work environment, nice people
Assembly Line worker (Current Employee), Romeoville,ilSeptember 24, 2013
fun co-workers
pretty good management
not hard work
how to make dvd showcases
i liked the hours
Customer Service Focused (Former Employee), RomeovilleJuly 14, 2013
It was the same process everyday , just to make sure that I completed my tasks on time.
Team player atmosphere, great place to work!
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, MNMay 6, 2013
Pros: working as a team, self/job fulfillment and benefits
Nexus is a wonderful place to work. Each day I take home the satisfactory of knowing I have helped a child in need. I take great pride in my fellow co-workers for all they do to support our mission and vision. Working for Nexus is the most rewarding company I have ever worked for and I encourage all who have a passion for helping others to join our team. Nexus also offers great Benefits including: 401K, Tuition Assistance, Medical Insurance, Short Term Disability, Holiday Pay and the best part you start off with 5 weeks of PTO!
Student Research Assistant, Fall (Former Employee), Plattsburgh, NYMarch 12, 2013
Pros: productive work environment
Cons: not being able to help a child
Working with kids with autism was a great experience for me. I learned how to deal with people who need special attention. Staff members are very helpful. This is a great experience for anyone.