Nexus Employee Reviews in United States

warehouse work
Il - Day Laborer (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMay 4, 2016
This is a temporary agent the have contracts with quite a few warehouse corporations sometimes there's work sometimes it's no work.
Cons
No Work
Need more support
Prior case managet (Former Employee) –  Onamia, MNApril 13, 2016
Burned our and had been asking for help with my issues and was told more about getting a reward to change work hours. Always seemed to be working with only on call for the weekend hours and no support.
Learned a lot but had anxiety every day.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Manteno, ILApril 1, 2016
First off, I was a teacher in the school. The principal doesn't care about the staff, listens only to the higher-ups, and as most people within the company, is only about the mighty dollar. Those kids there need specialized help, and the majority of them don't receive the proper mental care they need. Some really truly need to be institutionalized, but Nexus doesn't care. As long as DCFS is cutting them a check, they keep the kids there.

I was stressed out every day, never knowing what holds I'd have to do, which student would throw a punch, or what would set the kids off today, resulting in fights. Constant fights. The program I worked for had some of the worst students (behavior wise) and the program staff didn't care for their needs. It became a program staff-vs-school staff battle. Us against them, instead of a united front.

I learned a lot from the behavior specialists on how to handle various situations, and made some great friendships, but those were mostly due to us commiserating with one another.

If you love stress and having your adrenaline pumping constantly for little pay or gratitude, then this is the company for you.
Pros
Friendships, behavior management skills, behavior staff
Cons
Pretty much everything about the company and the job
Great management team and coworkers.
HR Benefit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 4, 2015
Nexus is an awesome employer. Very caring company about their clients and employees. I give them a 10.

Very cohesive work environment. Management cares about it's employees. They are open to ideas.
Eh. Its okay
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Manteno, ILDecember 2, 2015
Stressful environment
Really have to care about youth to do this job right
Can be mentally and physically difficult
Not for the weak hearted people.
Dedicated Workforce
Administration (Former Employee) –  MNOctober 12, 2015
Mission driven workforce - believe their efforts make a difference
Some Managers are excellent mentors and enable their staff to excel and succeed
There is ability to obtain additional training/education
Health Benefits are above average
Wages supposedly above norm for social services
Pros
Staff strive for team environment, Staff believe in services they provide
Cons
Heiarchy tends to stiffle staff voice, Work/Life Balance needs some effort
Don't do it!!!
coordinator (Current Employee) –  mantenoSeptember 20, 2015
This company is a joke! Bad Management...revolving door for employees. I sure wished I would of had some tell me the truth about this place!
Productive Day With Challenge
Principal Acquisition Represenative (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 27, 2015
An average day consisted of encountering land owners in seeking a signed right of entry for survey. This is a FERC project. Co workers were pleasant and management was always striving to hire new agents with experience. The most challenging part of the assignment was owners opposing the project. However, I overcome the majority objections.
Pros
Not Micro Manged
Cons
Lots of Travel
Dishonest Managment
councleor (Former Employee) –  onamia, mnMay 26, 2015
Was hired and during training saw improper process of handling youth was not used according to training and was shunned by team when brought up to management. Hours are not honored and very unprofessional with previously discussed advancements. Higher ups in other teams will reprimand trainees for not knowing what they are doing without the training for specific issue at hand. A very negative feeling towards each other within the system of workers. Turn over is very high making it a chaotic work environment.
Produtive & Good Company to work for
Sprint Dedicated Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  OHMay 21, 2015
We would start off with a Conference call, then head out to the field to follow up on the GC's
making sure that they are on track with the requirements that the Vendor we're working for requires.
after delivering parts or document's to the field techs I would send in a shift report by COB

I learned how to do COP's for the vendors that I work for also how to deal with the GC's that we employed

The management and my co workers we're easy to work with and more than happy to offer any help. I learned a lot from them.

Worrying about when the job is going to end what I'll be doing next?

Meeting New people and working outside
Great in-patient treatment center.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Onamia, MNMarch 26, 2015
Nexus operates several different types of in-patient and out-patient treatment centers. This particular location served in-patient juvenile offenders. Great career move for any criminal justice or social work majors.
Horrible Management
Counselor (Former Employee) –  OnargaMarch 11, 2015
If you are good at walking on eggshells, stabbing people in the back and kissing up to incompetent management, you will do well here. EXTREMELY HIGH TURNOVER RATE. There are two groups of people that work here; people that have been there for 20 years and a revolving door of new employees. The management at this place is very threatened by any new ideas or competent employees. In order to succeed you have to keep your mouth shut. This is borderline criminal because the very population they deal with is at risk.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management, stress
You Must Be Disciplined
Business Development Manager, Fleet (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 19, 2015
Nexus is a contractor and I work from a home office. Working from a home office is not for everyone. Nexus (as would I) has expectations for its employees to deliver. If you get your work done from a home office, then get an office job...Nexus management will tell you the same. Again, I would tell you to do so as well.
Pros
simplified management structure
Great Place to Work
Lead Case Assignment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 2, 2014
1 Responsible for Training New Employees
7 Made Outgoing Calls to Insurance Companies
8 Received Incoming Calls from Insurance Companies
9 Corresponded with Doctors on Case Limits
10 Abided by Due Dates to have Cases Submitted on time

The people that work here are amazing!
Was a great place to work
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COAugust 27, 2014
Managed a team that manufactured steel frame greenhouses.
Close knit family feeling
Senior Counselor (Current Employee) –  Manteno, ILApril 29, 2014
Sometimes I see my coworkers and the clients more than I see my own family. We are together so much that we call each other family. The hardest part of my job is learning a child's background history and understanding the trauma that led them to being placed with us. The most enjoyable part is seeing a client discharge successfully from IOA and going on with the rest of their life like a normal teenager. I've learned to never judge a book by its cover and to always have patience and be understanding.
Pros
networking, gaining knowledge through dcfs
Cons
no breaks most days, overwhelmed by the stress of the job
Unorganized, punitive management with poor nursing department at Woodbourne Nexus
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Woodbourne BaltimoreMarch 27, 2014
Working with the clients can be very stressful and physically difficult. However, the work is rewarding when one child is successfully discharged. My co-workers are hard working and dedicated to the care of children with mental health and behavior problems. The management at Woodbourne nexus is unorganized, punitive and show a lot of favoritism towards some staff. The nursing department lacks professionalism, consistency in providing quality care to the clients and nurses with experience. There is no room for advancement, the pay and benefits are below other RTC'S in the region.
Pros
working with children who have been traumatized and is in treatment.
Cons
management and nursing department unorganized, lack professionalism and experience.
Really?
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin,MNMarch 14, 2014
You have to be a die hard individual to work there. Doing holds on children the majority of the time and trying to keep your staff the rest. I loved trying to help the children but trying to please the senior staff was impossible. I was so stressed out by the time I quit that it took me 6 months to get my body to stop shaking.
Pros
pay
Cons
constant holds, backstabbing
Enjoyable atmosphere
Assistant House Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAMarch 11, 2014
I learned more in my time working at this job than I have learned in my entire life.
It was always enjoyable and a pleasure, management was amazing!
Working for a small non-profit was the best way to start off in the DD field.
Pros
clients, management
It is a place to sit quietly and research. Recommend it!
Research Affiliate (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 25, 2014
It is a place to sit quietly and research. Recommend it! It is possible to do several novel ideas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nexus. Our community is ready to answer.