NFI Industries Employee Reviews in United States

very fast pace
main lead (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJuly 26, 2016
very long hours, small office staff for large company. This position was very challenging to fulfill the endless orders from management, but it was also very personally satisfying to concur the daily high demand and pressure.
run run far away
driver (Current Employee) –  Minooka, ILJuly 18, 2016
Management knows very little routinely asks non cdl holders to deliver trailers. Always short handed and under paid. Run fast and far worst place ive ever worked over half the staff searching for new jobs.
Pros
incompetence
Cons
constantly ridiculed
Systems Engineer Sr (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJuly 13, 2016
Good life and work balance, good environment and people. You get to learn a great deal amount many different parts of IT.
Drivers Dream
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJune 28, 2016
Work for an average of 7.5 hours a day for around 1000 a week? Loving it! I think if you're a driver and want to have more time at home and a decent income, this is the place.
Terrible, Dispatchers out of State, Loads never consistant
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Ny BuffaloJune 21, 2016
Terrible, me and a few other drivers jumped ship, we had 1 driver shuttling a load to us in Buffalo Ny, he never got there on time and we would have to sit at a drop yard waiting for him, off buying cigarettes, eating lunch somewhere, too many reasons why the load never got to us, then we took it to Canada twice a day if it was available......Coming back into Ny the Supertroopers on our side of the border would give us a hard time. Also nothing like getting stuck in another country because of their broker fumbling up all the numbers, we also had times where the load wasnt ready so we were told to drive 3 hours away toward Albany to pick it up or just wait till its ready then proceed to drive to Canada with our lovely day cab so we can exhaust our hours and once again sit in Canada until they find someone to relieve you...LMAO Avoid this place!!!
Pros
The Income
Cons
Inconsistant work duties, Clueless Dispatchers
Run fast and far drivers
Local dedicated driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 11, 2016
Horrible place to work
1.horrible 401k
2. Insurance is robbery (315 a week for employee plus 1, over 400 a week for employee plus 2, over 500 for employee plus 3, PER WEEK FOLKS)
3. Illegal/unsafe trailers, horrible condition
4. Management is horrific, have no clue what their doing
5. H.R refuses to speak to drivers
6. Headquarters refuses to speak to its drivers
7. Safety refuses to speak to drivers, they will route you to a voicemail, still waiting for a return call 3 weeks later
8. Drivers are trash in their eyes, continous disrespect, management pounds in your head everyday that your nothing and replaceable
9. Our drivers at our division are getting 800-1400 miles a week (except managers 2 friends who get 3000, can you say DISCRIMINATION
10. Will try to force you to pull illegal equipment (were just sued for 270k dollars for firing a driver for refusing to violate hos)

If your a driver, do yourself a favor and run QUICKLY away from this company, you could get better treatment at an unemployment office, total disregards to federal regulations and are scum trash in their eyes, management gets bonuses to treat us like this! Wasted almost a year of my life at this dump, im officially quitting monday and im excited about that, onto BETTER things
Pros
A new truck, wow, must make up for all the wrong they do, NOT
Cons
Way to many, read the review for all the facts
Upper Management Lacks Talent
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2016
The project I worked in was staffed at 60% or less on average which led to long days, weekend work, getting calls at 3AM and that was all considered acceptable. Upper management lacks foresight and doesn't listen to the middle management when making decisions. They have lots of software for you to use to try to help make your job easier but this all leads to more work for you. Not all operations were run with minimal staff like this so I may have gotten the worst of it.
Pros
Decent bonus structure, opportunities for those willing to be relocated anywhere anytime
Cons
Promotions came with minimal pay bumps, expectations on workload are excessive.
An ok place to work.
Forklift Operator / Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Port Reading, NJJune 7, 2016
A job with an over abundance of work to do on a daily basis. The job also operates with many rules and regulations. Company apparel are also given to employees. And occasional company parties are given for the employees.
A solid company with a clear goal that all team members work towards.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 6, 2016
I've really enjoyed my time with Greystar. Not only have I been able to work with a great team but the company policies are clear and precise.
Pros
Great team, flexable schedule
Cons
Short breaks, weekends required
Good to work now that new management is in place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 1, 2016
The one and only review for Murfreesboro states that supervisor is clueless. That supervisor has since moved on. New management team is being formed and a new strong team has emerged. Great place to work in a small company atmosphere.
very good place to work and develop your skills on machinery also becoming a leader.
Shipping and receiving (Current Employee) –  Carteret, NJMay 23, 2016
Coming to work everyday is probably the my number 1 thing i enjoy the most . Everyone is friendly and really respectful . Very helpful as with coaching and developing associates into becoming more then just a warehouse worker. The management team really do take care of the associates as far as looking for opportunity in the facility ad others across the country. Difficult part of the job is actually learning everything . So much to learn , like the machines, picking, receiving checking product , and also auditing orders. The best part of it all is everyone helps each other .
Pros
free lunches every other month
Cons
pto
Its your own business
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 21, 2016
Able to make decisions and have a impact on the financial out come of your cost center. Job is 24/7 and can be challenging with customers demands. I enjoyed being part of the beverage industry locally.
A good place to start working, not a long term job.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Rincon, GAMay 17, 2016
If you are looking for a flexible schedule (Monday-Thursday or Friday-Sunday 12 hour shifts) while you go to school, this is a good place to go. You load/unload/stack product from 7-7 either nights or days. In the meantime: find something better, find a second job, or finish school and get a job in your field.

Management isn't terrible, they pretty much leave you be as along as you do your job. Training is abysmal at best, I hope you get lucky and get a good trainer.

Everybody there is just there to work and get paid but are very social during breaks, there's no need to be shy around them. It's sad, but I look forward to this because for the most part you are working alone with just your thoughts to keep you entertained.

Hardest part about the job is staying awake. Sometimes it's really slow and there's nothing you can do about it. Get up and walk around for a bit or bring a book (not an e-book) to keep you alert.
Brand new warehouse Poor new manager
Lead forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 16, 2016
Started out very good. NFI hired poor startup supervisors, went through 3 of them in first 4 months. I really enjoyed operating the single/double forklift. I was promoted to lead as well as trainer.
Hiring temp service people unfortunately did not pay off, we couldn't be productive with poor workers, so NFI lost the Anheiserbousch contract.
Pros
was moving up
Cons
lost contract
A typical day at work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMay 3, 2016
At NFI I started off as the Office Manager and over the years I was an Operations Manger / General Manager. As a GM for a 3PL your reviewing your profit margin and cost per unit.in addition to these responsibilities your ensure you keep customer expectation at the top priority.
Pros
Managing numbers
Cons
Life work blance
Great people
Director of Credit and Collections (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 2, 2016
Family run company that treats you like a person instead of just an employee. Management encourages constant growth and training.
Pros
Great people to work with
very unorganized and unprofessional
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 25, 2016
Their were alot of safety concerns and security wasn't doing their job properly peoples items were getting stolen including cars, supervisors and mangers were not on the same page and didnt know anything about the systems and process...VERY STRESSFUL WORK ENVIRONMENT AND NOT LONG TERM
Really safe enviroment and friendly staff
Receiver/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILApril 19, 2016
Communicated with pickers to ensure we worked as a team well. Pulled product using pallet jacks to make sure customer received good product.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Co-worker had bad attitudes
Poor environment for male staff.
Education (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, NHApril 11, 2016
Management did not protect male employees from liability, and did not understand the implications. Management hold personal grudges against employees and were unprofessional when giving references. Working with the clients was rewarding and almost makes up for the low pay for the stress involved.
Pros
Close working relationship with co-workers.
Cons
Poor management.
Poverty wages
Driver (Former Employee) –  AnywhereApril 6, 2016
They expect transition drivers out of cdl school to live off a flat rate of100/day, 500/week (before taxes). I brought home 391... sorry.. Ppl can't live off that. My first day they pulled the 16 hour exemption... So i worked for 16 hours and only made 100$ that day. That's ridiculous. Its a billion dollar industry.. They can pay more. 44 cpm is good over the road but locally??? Not so much when getting less than 2k miles.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NFI Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9