NFI Industries Employee Reviews

May Lose Sanity
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 8, 2016
As an inventory Control Specialist you will be conducting counts using three different computer systems so its impossible to keep track during the week. Being an Excel pro is a must if you want to be able to do your job with the lack of information and access to certain numbers in customers computer system. Customer is ridiculous with what they ask for and since management has no control over what sales people in other state agree to with said customer, you are stuck. It is impossible to do your job with lack of resources. I have given suggestions on how to better the position and flow of work but never taken seriously. Management is OK with what they are given. There is one person who has made my life a nightmare, she's a total helicopter supervisor and it is really uncomfortable being myself. I was told I'm not allowed to talk to other employees. There are cameras EVERYWHERE and management does check them often. I get yelled at for things that are out of my control. Half hour lunch with two 15 minutes breaks but I never take them. I have every intention of leaving.
Pros
Pay, hours, benefits
Cons
Lack of resources
not the place to be if your a real mechanic
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Channahon, ILNovember 9, 2016
Management is an absolute nightmare. shop supervisor takes sides of favorite employees and lets them do anything including punching on jobs, taking the time and not doing the repair. When told about it they do absolutely nothing about it. Threats of violence from other employees when reported again nothing is done. They give you no training on anything and when you ask for help, pointers or maybe ask them to print out the specs on a job they do nothing, you have to do it yourself and then when the job does get done right they give you problems about the time you took.
Pros
set schedule, almost no overtime, good hourly pay
Cons
no training on new stuff, almost no overtime, no time 1/2, horrible management
Do not work here!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHDecember 21, 2016
Badly managed benefits are terrible.unless u like having an onboard camera determine how u drive and receive written warnings for it stay away.Turnover rate is huge.
Pros
New equipment
Cons
On board camera bad bennifets and poor management
Horrible
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Elwood, ILFebruary 9, 2017
Low pay .... temp for a year still no hired in . They will tell you that you are close to be getting hired in and lie . I had perfect attendance and work overtime never got I praised
Cons
Manual labor before even getting On forklift
Productive and fuk work environment
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 1, 2016
It was easy and a fun working job.We just never got our raises or bonuses we was suppose to have We was suppose to get raises after 60 n 90 days n it never happened. The hired on employees was getting paid just as much as the temps.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
short lunch
Upper Management Lacks Talent
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2016
The project I worked in was staffed at 60% or less on average which led to long days, weekend work, getting calls at 3AM and that was all considered acceptable. Upper management lacks foresight and doesn't listen to the middle management when making decisions. They have lots of software for you to use to try to help make your job easier but this all leads to more work for you. Not all operations were run with minimal staff like this so I may have gotten the worst of it.
Pros
Decent bonus structure, opportunities for those willing to be relocated anywhere anytime
Cons
Promotions came with minimal pay bumps, expectations on workload are excessive.
Stable place to work no oppurtunity to grow terriable insurance
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  NfiAugust 21, 2016
Stable work place. Insurance is awlfull and expensive. No room to grow. No trainning provided. Company implements ideas amd then threatens to not give there raises if they dont do it. Also raises are not fair co workers that are not great get same 3%as good workers.
Pros
Work stable
Cons
Insurance
Friendly very heplful work enviornment
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAAugust 26, 2016
I loved my job with NFI Industries, great place to work for. Management is very professional and at the same time humble. I learned and gain more experience in billing. and i gained more experience of customer service.
Pros
benefits. discounts on products
Cons
no cons
Badly managed place
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Tobyhanna, PAApril 6, 2016
the work is fairly easy but the management sucks they have no idea how to run this place,they say and do what ever they like because there is no HR here at all so you can not voice your complaints to anyone you just have to take it and they tell you if you don't like it go find another job,been here a whole year and never seen a HR rep come through tried calling and never got a reply the pay is awful and you don't get any raises it is just a matter of time before someone snaps and beat one of these people up.
NFI Mira Loma should be shut down
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CADecember 7, 2016
The work for the most part is not complicated
the GM and Supervisors are extremely rude
Supervisors threaten to fire employees for almost anything
Break room tables are never clean, they have roaches (that appear in the refrigerators)
The work is 6 days a week
Cons
Unsanitary break rooms, rude management, only one day off a week, employees are treated as temps
Great People
Ohio - Experienced Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 27, 2016
Fair Treatment
Great Opportunity
Very Compassionate Managers
Helpful Management Team

This job helped me in gaining more knowledge about different package handling processes and also help with my inventory skills working here is very enjoyable because of communication between managers and employees
productive work place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 9, 2017
10-12 work days. overtime available for those wanted to make extra income. Professional management and friendly staff. best part of the job was the option to chose routes based length of employment.
Pros
great pay and work environment
Cons
some days can be longer than expected
Fast pace enjoyable
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Good company need to be more structure not enough in house promotion lots of overtime lots of temp worker so work load changes from day to day all in all good place to work
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Coulf use better equipment
very fast pace
main lead (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJuly 26, 2016
very long hours, small office staff for large company. This position was very challenging to fulfill the endless orders from management, but it was also very personally satisfying to concur the daily high demand and pressure.
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 25, 2017
my typical work day is busy. The account I deal with is shipping and receiving pallets of boxes for amazon. I do data entry, billing reviewing inbound paperwork. I have learned data entry and to use Microsoft office programs. I enjoy everyone I work with I am currently working in New jersey and I want to work in Pennsylvania where I live. My account I currently work on has recognized NFI by international paper throughout all their distribution facilities as #1 for distribution by 30% more than any other distribution center for them.
Pros
we get recognition from our customer for work well done
Cons
not enough money from NFI for the amount of work performed
Great Safety Program with incentives like Safety Bingo, Quarterly Safety Meals and raffle tickets.
Warehouse Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 5, 2016
Everyone that I met from the corporate office were great. However, I worked at 2 different facilities that went through GM's every 6 months or so. I was told many things when I was hired but once I started it was totally different from what the person who hired me had told me.

They expect you to work on your days off and you get written up if you don't or say that you can't. Typically, you don't know until after 4pm on Fridays if you are expected to work on the weekends. So you can never make any plans, thus making this facility a family last facility. I don't think this is the case for most of the other NFI facilities from other members of the management team that I have spoken with.

The training for the management and hourly staff is the worst I've ever seen in my 27 years of being I. The work force.
Pros
Cons
Crazy works schedules and mandatory overtime on a daily basis with little to know advanced notice, This facility was a family last facility.
Great place to work...Great hour
packet (Current Employee) –  New Concord, OHJanuary 2, 2017
Overall good place good hours.... Weekend off holiday off not paid for them...They lay off alot...The pay should be more than they give you. Especially after being there for a long period of time...They should oder you benefits but don't...
Productive and fun warehouse
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJDecember 10, 2016
A typical day at NFI is busy, exicting & sometimes frustrating, but overall: a great place to work. I was a Forklift Operator, but after my accident, I was reassigned to handle NFI's Expedited Shipments. I learned how to use Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel & Manhattan Associates which designs, builds and delivers supply chain softwares for various companies. The Managers were wonderful, flexible (when I had emergencies & needed to take off) and fun to work with. The Co-Workers were like a second family & I wish I could work with them for the rest of my life. The hardest part of my job was explaining to my supervisor why one out of one hundred expedited shipments weren't shipped in our daily meeting and not having everyone cross trained to help us process our UPS World Ship, FEDEX Express & International Expedited shipments. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I received emails every morning stating that we successfully shipped all must ships & priorities orders from the 466.
Pros
Dominos Pizza
Cons
PTO
thomas
Fort Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 20, 2016
the hardest part of my job is dealing with the management. Its a new rule everyday and they don't show how to be a good worker they gives use the work and say do it. No ac in the break room. Clock in and out for lunch and if late they take 15 min of our time away. they pay suck and at the end of the year the highest pay they give out was 60 cent wow I'm looking for 1 and some cent
Good job bad benefits
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYJanuary 18, 2017
Great trucking job
Benefits are expensive and dont cover costs of anything
Drop and hook with minimal live loading/unloading
Home daily
Pros
Home daily, drop and hook
Cons
Benefits are terrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NFI Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8