NFI Industries Employee Reviews

NFI is a great starter company for the inexperienced Driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Minooka, ILDecember 14, 2017
I worked at NFI for 5 years. In the beginning it was awesome. When they moved from Bolingbrook to Minooka it went downhill, EVER since. Management changes your schedule at least 2 to 3 times a year. Pay is pretty much fixed. So that you never actually make more unless you work an extra day. I started off making $1125 a week. Which is $225 a day back in 2012. It's now 2017 and make about $1160 to $1200 a week. It's been 5 years not even $100 increase. And WORKING way harder than before. All the senior drivers have moved on to better companies. So now it's like kindergarten for the truck drivers with all the students. Their health insurance is Poor and VERY expensive. Their equipment is awesome in well kept. But theirs cameras in the truck for your safety. THEIRS CAMERAS FACING YOU RECORDING VIDEO AND AUDIO FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES TO BENEFIT NFI POCKETS. AND THEY ARE EXTREMELY SENSETIVE AND IF YOU HIT ANY SMALL BUMP IT WILL go off smh. Their losing all their experienced drivers at a rapid rate. Dispatch their is mostly security guards, who have 0 knowledge in logistics. The only good thing about working at NFI I can think of is once you have about 3 to 6 months seniority out of 100 drivers they try in keep youll be in the 70s due to extremely high turnover and will have a dedicated route. You might have a lousy Route but you'll know exactly what's going on. Oh almost forgot to mention trucks do 63 mph on cruise. Management said we would get a speed increase to 65 on cruise months ago I have yet to see it. If I was student I would come to NFI get 1 year experience in leave if  more... you have experience in a clean driving record don't bother go to a company who will appreciate you or least pretend too. The drivers need to be the main focus because their the ones who interact with the customer trader Joe's their also the ones who make sure the deliveries are done on time or late. NFI is turning into a dead end job on a dead end street.  less
Pros
dedicated traders Joe's account. same schedule. good equipment
Cons
poor pay for experience drivers, horrible insurance, treats their drivers poorly way too many managers.
Do not move into managment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mauston, WIDecember 13, 2017
Started out as a driver, should have stayed that! Good company if you want to drive for a living, but I moved into management, BIG MISTAKE!! No time off and little pay! Tried to get back into truck and was denied. Stick to driving for these folks if you want to make money and have a life!!
Pros
Treat drivers good
Cons
Management positions suck
No consistency in daily or weekly schedule. Yes your home, but you never know when.
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 13, 2017
THE MOST unorganized no consistency confusing job I ever had in my life. The dispatchers run the show and there in there own world, you sit on your thumb till they call on you.
home daily work
Driver Tanker (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 13, 2017
This is a company that has its hands in all most every thing, they do not care one wit about you or your pre sonly life, they won't you to drive in all bad weather, no extra pay for notting, work six days a week
Pros
home daily
Cons
working for free a lot, no delay paid
It's a stepping stone
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Pedricktown, NJDecember 12, 2017
Great place to learn to use forklifts reach truck etc. But the pay should be better because a lot of physical labor is involved that you are required to do that is really two man lifting. We have cool supervisors but they all don't know what they've doing honestly. The inventory control manager I heard has a medical issue that the General manager sympathized with on top of the fact he's a sharp shooter brown noser, so he gave him a promotion but he talks bad about the general manager all day and doesn't ever do any work... like ever!.. They have temps come in that are supposed to help but just talk in the trick the whole time and no supervisor comes around to put them in line. Slackers slow the whole team down from getting finished early sometimes.All in all it's a pretty chill job though I could go on about the negatives but it's a job not funtime... It's not perfect but it pays Ok and I can get 40+ a week every week.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Management, slow PTO, expensive benefits
nfi
Leader (Current Employee) –  Perris, CADecember 7, 2017
Good company to work at. they care about the employees and offer there best services towards the customers. They also provide growth with ion the company.
About Management
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INDecember 3, 2017
Supervisors are truthful, managers will lie to your face. Every promise that was related to me by the supervisor I was working under was kept. But when it came time for management to back what they were telling me, they would lie just to keep me happy at the time.
Pros
Cons
Distance
Over worked
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Perris, CADecember 1, 2017
Worse place i ever worked at. First i was told i was gonna work at one warehse then got moved to an amazon warehse, that wasnt even up and running yet. Then i was told there will be lots of overtime which isnt a problem until i found out everything we're lifting is almost over 100lbs without a teamlift. But they want you to be safe but at the same time, tell you you're going to slow, that they want 54 picks an hr, when nothing in the right location. Supervisors dont help, they just walk around with walkie-talkies and still cant communicate with each other. You have no idea whats going on because they dont know what they're doing. Low pay, liars, favoritism
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Everything i listed
Sad place to work
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Bath, PANovember 30, 2017
Yes the pay was good while I was there but the poor management skills did not make up for that the difficulties you encountered with trying to get resolved with some of the simplest problems was like pulling teeth.
The idea of growing and becoming more was just a dream very very little room for advancement if you are part of the clique you are out of luck
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management poor work environment horrible morale very biased
At nfi
Quality Control Clerk, Auditor (Former Employee) –  Chino, CANovember 26, 2017
I learned about quality auditor and its a good place to work at learned so many about auditor, it wasn't the hard thing to do I just make sure that everything's go's well and I enjoy all my jobs.
Pros
Nfi>
Cons
and inventory
Start Up....Hasn't started
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Chino, CANovember 25, 2017
Been waiting for the promise of a full 40 hour week and O/T, but hasn't happened in 1.5 months, time to look for a company that is up and running and needs workers.
Productive fun place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJNovember 24, 2017
Nfi is a growing company which many drivers starting out seek to employment. Can be rough days at times but in most case you can always pull through which can be great.
Pros
schedules and start times
Cons
pay no advancement
Its a job
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Mira LomaNovember 22, 2017
This place shows nothing but favoritism the supervisors have no type of people skills they walk around trying to intimidate people. We move boxxes for a living we are not performing surgery. Supervisors do not care how they talk to you not realizing they human beings just like us and all they have is a supervisor title. Dont feel appreciated for the minimum wage you get paid for working hard.
Cons
Its a job until you find better
Serious and competitive drives a secure work home
Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas cityNovember 21, 2017
Remember grass only grows where watered and fertilizer is placed! Need to put to get something out! Take PRIDE perks include family time with multiple shifts, our not bad, newer trucks, steady routes, random teams and open door policy!!
Pros
Fun clean and secure
Cons
Need stronger benefits
Fast paced and educational
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PANovember 20, 2017
I would get shift started with operation supervisor(s) having a pre-shift meeting. I would look at the financials and budget and update whatever needed to be. Conduct OHSA and safety meetings. Manage facility to Lean 5-S. Schedule all in-bounds and out-bounds. Hardest part of the job is how to keep people once you have trained them. The most enjoyable part of the job is my interaction with the team and seeing goals being met.
Pros
on line classes
Ehh
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Elwood, ILNovember 19, 2017
It was a job with very little free time in life I found it hard to balance everything and the pay scale was very unfair for the amount of work that we do here.
Productive environment
Facilities Maintenance Technician Supervisor (Current Employee) –  University Park, ILNovember 19, 2017
The employees at NFI all work together collaboratively to get the job done with little or no supervision. If given a task it is completed in the time allocated.
Decent place to work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  University Park, ILNovember 18, 2017
Overall its a decent place to work. Only thing I dont care for is the lack of overtime and the inconsistency from upper management. I wouldnt even consider leaving if we had more overtime and higher pay.
Pros
Good equipment, clean warehouse, consistent 40hrs
Cons
not alot of overtime, inconsistent upper management, no night differential
office clerk
CSR/Clerk/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 16, 2017
I was in charge of creating and handing out work to the warehouse associates. I also checked drivers in and out and did paperwork and data entry. I had to keep track of all the warehouse workers so there loads would not be late. There was a lot of favoritism in this company and it was ran very poorly and unfairly by management.
Pros
outside customers
Cons
horrible management
Fast paced job
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 8, 2017
Very long hours. Most of the time you never know when you get off work. A lot of overtime. Very fast job with a lot of lifting and walking consistently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NFI Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9