NFI

NFI United States Employee Reviews

Productive and Fast Paced
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Elwood, ILApril 6, 2015
Pros: Fast paced
Cons: Night hours
NFI provided me with excellent training skills and really showed me the reins of a warehouse job. The management was professional and we had daily meetings discussing the complany's progress.
productive sometimes
Material Handler (Former Employee), Elwood, ILMarch 24, 2015
Working at NFI we would be assigned a team and every team had certain trucks that either needed to be loaded or unload. When time would be slow the supervisors wanted us to walk around with a broom and garbage can to pick up garbage off the floor. Most of the time it was just to make us look busy because the warehouse was well kept.
Always Busy
Order Picker (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great workout
Cons: relatively low pay
supervisors were fun people to be around.

The job was easy.

fingers went numb a lot.

My foot/shoe got ran-over by some dude driving a walkie-rider and nothing broke... just the shoe broke.

the most enjoyable part of the job was building 8-9 foot pallets that were kinda like a puzzle to make them not to top heavy and have everything you needed to fit, actually fit.

Great Workout if you wanted it to be.
Productive and fun place to work
Selector (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: takes care of their employees
A typical day starts with the team having a meeting before we start, then we are given our assignments. After we are given our assignments for the day we work as a team to make sure that we get everything done in the time we are given. My co-workers and I work well together and have a routine that we stick to where everyone is doing their fair share of work.
Not a real good company
Local Contract Driver (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: good equipment
Cons: too much micro-management
NFI is a large company who doesn't have the best interest interest of their drivers at hand. My manager could care less that I have a sick wife at home. Just as long as my boss got her way. No matter how much I tried.
i got to work side by side next to a chef
Material Handler/Packer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: i used to get to see the shuttles launch for free, and i used to get free tickets for my family to come to the space center
Cons: i used to have a ton of dishes to wash after each catering event
A typical day at work included catering for 200 or more guest
Horrible Company
Material Handler (Former Employee), Tampa FlJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: horrible management
Worst managed warehouse i ever worked in. They can never keep anyone because the night supervisor over works some while while plays favorites to others. When short handed they handle the situation very unprofessional. The only good thing about this job is if u want to work they will keep you.
Picking
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), edison, njDecember 28, 2014
Picking orders to ship out palletized merchandize. Very good job environment
good company
Material Handler (Current Employee), Rockwall, TXDecember 19, 2014
good company,
good co workers...............
good management
fun environment to work
A learning experience
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Muskogee, OKNovember 3, 2014
Pros: off four days a week, benefits after 90 days, accumulated pto
Cons: management, pay, low raises, lack of opportunities to advances
A typical day would start off with a meeting and checking out our tucks. Then head to assigned palatalize and pull product, label it and take it to designated area, shuttle trailer or staging lane.
What I have learned is how to operate a forklift safely, load, safely secure trailers and pick for loads. Management was lacking is structure. Co-workers were capable of doing the job but was spending most of there time socializing. Determining were to put product would be the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the time off.
Forklift/Picking
Picker/Loader (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILNovember 2, 2014
clock in get your walk rider and talk man and report to a meeting every morning in the back of the warehouse. I learned how to pick the product by listening to the talk man. Then I got trained to operate the walk rider. The management is really good the environment is safe and organized . The hardest part about the job is working in the freezer part of the warehouse but after a while its not that bad. I enjoy jus working wit my employee we had a good time jus working .
safe work environment
Forklift Operator/Core saw Operator (Current Employee), Rincon, GAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: ok management
Cons: healthcare
Start off by checking out my forklift making sure its in good working condition. Head to my work area go to 4 different paper machines and get there daily orders on the number of cores the need. head back to the core room check it out to see if its in good working condition start it up. Iearned a as far as how the paper machines run and all the different buldings and what machine run what. don't work around to many coworker unless the come to bring cores to the area im working in. the hardest part of my job would be the big orders the have on any given day. I enjoy my job and the work I do.
Productive and we would have company pot luck every year and holidays.
Warehouse Turret Driver (Former Employee), Perris, CAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: company parties
Cons: in the winter it would get really cold.
I would come into work and check my Turret and make sure there no damage from the last shift or person using it. Then get my location were I would work at or were they need me at. But the hardest part I thing was trying not to get the equipment damage or you'll get a pit co. Then you can not use the equipment until they say your clear. But I enjoyed driving all the equipment in the warehouse for all the different work list..
easy going
Team Lead (Former Employee), New Concord, OHSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: manaement
Cons: the pay
a typicial day at nfi is you go in see where your at and you go to your group huddle which is about 10 people per group. your team lead put you where the need you the most and we all have our own assignmet to do. like one person makes the trays the next makes the inserts and the stacker attacks them in the box on a skid. the co worker there where amzing made the day easier.
Horrible Company
Based in Trader Joe's Distribution Center (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 1, 2014
By far the worst company I have ever worked for!

Management speaks in condescending tones

Company expects long hours
Has come a long way-still has ways to go
Local Driver (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: good job for average driver
Cons: pay structure keeps top drivers away
NFI used to have a terrible reputation out of Vineland Nj years ago. They've made strides with better equipment and certainly have a variety of driving options with local and regional. The problem is a local job, especially in the NE, that pays by the mile is always going to shortchange drivers. Then factor in hours worked over 40 and no time and one half and now you're really getting hit in the wallet. I'll take the M-F job at 22/hr with OT over 40 anytime as an experienced safe driver. Why would i work 60hrs a week and make 200 less than a career job working 50hrs with way better benefits?
Fun Workplace
Order Selector (Former Employee), ILSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: short lunch
Picked Orders Put Away Inventory Restocked Various Areas
Cleaning Assigned Area Management Works With You Co Workers Help You
steady work pace
Yard Jockey (Former Employee), PAAugust 31, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: not enough artifical lighting throughout the property
Good co-worker relations. Easy to learn and use there Computer based trailer movement system.
Good place to work. Co-workers are very nice.
Human Resource/ Office Assistance (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILAugust 28, 2014
First time experience in a warehouse i learn a lot better communication and help warehouse employees with any necessary information. More responsible for my duties regarding personal information. The most enjoyable was helping others and they appreciate my help.
fast paced work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), New Concord, OHAugust 12, 2014
it was a fast pace work inviroment where i got along with everyone and enjoyed my work ..

1 2 3 4

About NFI

NFI is a leading international provider of transportation logistics, warehousing, and distribution services. We pride ourselves – Read more

NFI Salaries