NFI Employee Reviews

Great for Advancement
Sr Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAAugust 22, 2016
NFI is a Great company to work for if you're looking to advance you're career, but you have to be willing to sacrifice most things in your life if you are going to achieve this.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Long work days and weeks
NFI: Amazing Opportunity From Entry Level to Executive
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCAugust 27, 2016
Working for NFI (twice) is a highlight of my working history. I learned to maneuver comfortably in AS400, fine-tuned my already established multi-tasking skills, developed positive professional relationships among my co-workers and superiors alike. For me, the hardest part of the job was being laid off- twice, due to inevitable circumstances with an operation being closed first, and downsizing lastly.

NFI is a fair company, and in touch with its employee's needs both professionally and personally, offering nice incentives and opportunities. It is with a sad heart, I parted ways with this topnotch transportation company.
Pros
Nice benefits, fair pay, relaxed environment
Cons
Laid off- twice
Very unprofessional
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hebron, OHJuly 21, 2016
Management was always putting down employees. Very poor work environment. No structure, benefits and just completely not a good job. Dangerous, forklift being driven with out safety, forging of Workers compensation paperwork
Pros
Cons
constant stress
Great company
Loader / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Rincon, GAJuly 8, 2016
Great company overall. World wide and many different options to relocate to if you wanted to move. Great benefits and great supervisors.
benefits
Cons
no job advancements
Good company to work at
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 20, 2016
Very good management team. They have good benefits and an excellent 401K plan. Management lets you do your job and if you need anything they are right there to help.
Pros
A lot of training
Cons
productive and fun work place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  NJSeptember 27, 2016
coworker are nice however company doesn't offer benefits flexible hours no overtime no holiday and no paid vacation no bonuses
Professional Driver
LOCAL & REGIONAL DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 3, 2016
Very good company .would advise anyone to work there .I was very happy working there . My driver manger was on point .He always Looked Out for his drivers.
Pros
MADE SOME MONEY
Cons
LONG HOURS AWAY FROM HOME
Unstable Management
Driver (Current Employee) –  Vineland, NJMay 26, 2016
Management very unstable not able to determine proper pay and amounts of pay. To many chiefs who pass the blame onto someone else. Could be better at communication skills.
Pros
easy work schedule
Cons
not able to make money
Horrible place
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 31, 2016
I worked here for only a few months but the supervisors and the managers there didn't treat you with respect. It was a really negative place and i wouldn't want to work there.
Pros
Free gatorade
Cons
supervisors
No family work balance
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 18, 2016
Personally gave up a summer of free time as a supervisor, trained new associates and implemented new procedures which are being followed with no thank you...
productive
WH Operation Lead /Forklift Operator/ Yard Spotter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 31, 2016
I like the company. we have a lot of fun by working. we get to have some free pizza when we did a great job or when ever the management feel like. Some times it can be a Donut and coffee.
It was typical warehouse day of work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 9, 2016
It was typical day of a order selector. You just go in the warehouse pick the order given to on the sheet and go on to the next order. That it about it that all did every day of the week.
Was a great learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elwood, ILJanuary 18, 2016
Some days can be busy,what i've learned on the job, is to work as a team.I.ve got along with management, I was always available when they needed me,got along with co-workers and helped them to the best of my ability,there's was nothing real hard about any job,I enjoyed getting tasks down and feeling good about it.
Pros
some times the company's bought lunch
Cons
the health insurance was high
A learning experience
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Muskogee, OKNovember 3, 2014
A typical day would start off with a meeting and checking out our tucks. Then head to assigned palatalize and pull product, label it and take it to designated area, shuttle trailer or staging lane.
What I have learned is how to operate a forklift safely, load, safely secure trailers and pick for loads. Management was lacking is structure. Co-workers were capable of doing the job but was spending most of there time socializing. Determining were to put product would be the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the time off.
Pros
Off four days a week, benefits after 90 days, accumulated PTO
Cons
Management, pay, low raises, lack of opportunities to advances
A great place to work for with amazing people in the company.
Forklift operator, Stock Picker, Loaded trucks (Former Employee) –  Kutztown, PAMay 19, 2015
A typical day at work would be normally 10, sometimes 12 hours if we had overtime. I have learned so much there by adding on to my knowledge of using the forklift. The management knew exactly what they were doing and I was able to go to them if there was a problem or issue in the warehouse. It would be a place that I would love to go back to or even have the sea environment in another job that i plan on seeking. The hardest part of my job was meeting new people but as I got settled in, it loved my coworkers. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that everyday i went home, I was looking forward to my next day at work.
Pros
Flexible hours, trust worthy management and coworkers
Cons
The benefits
Very fast pace
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INFebruary 25, 2016
Management was not very organized at all there were no communication between them. The job itself was great and time went by fast. On the peak of season hours were great with a lot of over time but on the slow months you were lucky to get 20 hrs
Cons
Bad management
Terrible coworkers and management
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Rincon, GAMay 22, 2014
I enjoy some of the coworkers and the rest despise because of work ethic and general attitude. I was luckily trained for three days and not tossed out like the rest I came to find. Management was never present on my shift or seemed to know what was going on. I worked real hard and learned everything i could and only received two dimes for it while most basically coasted and got free checks and the same or better raises.Never increased pay for learning and excelling at new areas in warehouse.
Pros
three days of work
Cons
management, pay, some co workers
Great Human Services company, benefits were excellent.
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 15, 2013
Very fast paced environment.
Laid off clerical staff which increased my individual job responsibilities compacting 2.5 positions into 1.
Was able to be creative with Excel and create lots of forms to help with job proficiency.
Employees were very tight-nit.
Lack of communication of information between management and staff.

Pros
Vacation, sick & Health benefits
Cons
No incentive raises or merit raises or awards for excellent job performance, nor was their support from management when issues arose.
great company to work for
Operations Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 24, 2015
genco was a very rewarding company to work for, and given the chance I would return to this company. Excellent benefits and good pay, the management team was also very easy to work for.
Pros
Chances to move up the company ladder
Cons
Did not get to retire with this company
Work day
Receiving clerk/order control (Current Employee) –  Whitestown/ Lebanon, InMarch 16, 2014
I start my day figuring out what needs to be done that day in order to help plan the day. I work the order control desk along with our shipping lead. I learn something new everyday and I try to push myself as hard as I can everyday. The morning starts in a very hectic manner and then will die down in the first hour. I try to help wherever possible, that may be invoicing, picking orders, or just my normal position of order control. My co-workers are good hardworking people, however with some there is a language barrier. I am taking spanish classes to help with that. Management is good. I enjoy challenging myself to get things done and help wherever possible. I enjoy working with people.
Pros
Working with people and pushing for results daily
Cons
not enough room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NFI. Our community is ready to answer.