NFP Employee Reviews in United States

Doing Things Right
Employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 26, 2016
NFP offers the challenge of being able to make a difference for a variety of individuals and companies. If you want to be involved in multiple projects that can truly make an impact, then this is a great place to be.

There are some challenges, just like every job and company has. Communicating can be tough sometimes given there are quite a few office locations coast-to-coast and there is a lot going on within the company. But, I think you'll find NFP's Business Leaders and Managers to be honest and transparent about what works and what we need to work on.

Let's keep it up and keep doing the right things for our employees and our clients. NFP has an exciting future and I look forward to being a part of it!
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Wellness, Culture, Benefits
Cons
E-Mail

Comment – May 13, 2016

As a current employee you know that everything we do, whether internally or externally is about someone else. Thank you for the feedback and for the difference you are making on a daily basis for our clients and for each other!

terrible
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 28, 2016
Terrible management who would share too much information to you about other employees and what they think of them. Also, there were layoff left and right when I was working there. You didn't feel that you had any support at all.
Great Place to Work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2016
This is a great place to work. Not only do they have a fantastic work/life balance, but you really get the opportunity to learn and grow within the company. Great people to work with.
Nfp
Adm Asst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 14, 2015
Great financial organization with employees a priority. Private owned company with an excellent CEO. Good medical benefits.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Poor raises
Look elsewhere
Employee (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 11, 2016
Lots of lay offs, management gossips with employees about other employees, sink or swim mentality, you are over worked and under appreciated. It's a lot like being back in high school, some real snobs here.
Pros
Some really great employees
Cons
long work hours, unprofessional management and huge workload
great corporate culture, wellness programming, co-workers friendly
Director of Health, Wellness and Productivity (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MADecember 5, 2012
* Great corporate culture, active wellness programming, and fun co-workers.

* Learned a great deal of experience in the health insurance industry

* The hardest part about my job was getting clients to move faster with the implementation of wellness programs.

* The most enjoyable part of my job was the lack of micro-management. I am an independent worker and was able to manage my own book of business.
Pros
available healthy snacks, water, and flexible hours
Cons
subjective bonus reviews and compensation
Good place to work at
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2015
Is a good company in expansion, they are growing so they have made some changes that are helping the company to go further, is a small company. their salaries are not competitive
1x1 Communications
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Answer 150+ calls daily. Greet all incoming traffic. Assist group of 400+ employees and enjoy helping producers, reps, clients and direct to proper parties.
Minimal oversight and tasks completed on time. Autonomy was great.
Vice President and Senior Internal Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 9, 2013
Boss located at Corporate in other state and complete autonomy on most decisions. Collaborated with staff and Management in all audits and testing of business processes and process cycles.
Able to work with and please entrepreneurial former owners of business we acquired.
Communication skills, both oral and written, are excellent and able to rectify major issues between Corporate Audit and one of the Firms major operating units, within one year of hire date.
Good company that was taken over by private equity Firm and released in a reduction in force.
Pros
autonomy and ability to perform outside the box.
Cons
poor communication from corporate management and lack of communicating any strategy plans.
Excellent Company
Technology & Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAMay 27, 2015
A pleasure to work for and you know you are in a place where you can succeed and grow. You work with people that respect you and work hard themselves.
PT Secretary to NFP Director
PT Secretary to Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 13, 2012
I transcribed all the dictation of the Executive Director, which included correspondence, memos, brochures, newsletters, Science Notes (reviews of Ob/GYN medical journals). I learned how to use WP and how to do brochures and newsletters. I had no co-workers, only my boss and her assistant. The hardest part of the job was managing all the e-mail when it came in. Most enjoyable was that I was able to take my newborn to work for the first four years.
Pros
could take my newborn to work for first four years.
Cons
no cons.
Limited time with NFP
Junior AP coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 4, 2015
I spent little time at last position NFP, contract position. Would drive from Kyle to Austin, work 830-430, consistently working, no time to get to know co workers, training was handled as a review. Introduced to new software.
Pros
early departure, allowed to take lunch end day to leave early. learned new software
Cons
travel, short term
Productive and fun work place.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60616November 6, 2012
A typical day at work is opening up my office and having the clients come in to pay their weekly co-payment for services reindered and input into computer soft wear. I learned that you need patience when you are dealing with the public and when money is involved. My co-workers are the best group of people to work with. The hardest part of the job is having the clients waiting in the line to pay their co-payment before they can receive any services. There is a lot of complainting, but you just have to ask for their patience. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clients and watching them become a better individual as they worked on their life problems. I enjoyed want I did and the people that I worked with.
Pros
being able to work independently with little supervising
Cons
high health care
Diversified Organization
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 25, 2014
NFP treats their employees with a first class attitude and respects and appreciates experience that comes from a seasoned Employee. Company employee benefits is best in the Financial services Business.
Nfp
Senior Nurse/Visit Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 3, 2015
This is an ideal job for someone that has a great desire to actually get to see a patient through past their bad choices. To help them become the best parent they can be !
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
visits can be after 5 pm
Positive place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 17, 2012
NFP is the 9th largest independent financial broker dealer in the US and with good reason.
This company offers many benefits to the independent financial advisor as well as it's employees.
Great place to work.
AVP, HR Generalist 2010 - Present (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2013
I was given the opportunity to move from payroll to HR and it was a very good move.
Great place to work I am here eight years.
AVP, HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  New York City, NYJune 17, 2013
Great company, however HR department was transitioned to Austin, TX.
Challenging, Rewarding
Advisory Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 27, 2013
Engage with Financial Advisors regularly to assist with most aspects of investment and operational processes.
crew member
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  chicago ilNovember 13, 2012
summer job it was ok for a little time i work there it was a job for the youth.