ngl Employee Reviews

Creative and hard working people.
Owner/operator (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 15, 2016
Days began at 7:00 am. Planning the day and reviewing the previous days performance and or issues. 4 hours of work followed by 1/2 hour of lunch. Work resumed and continued until 5:00 pm on a good day.

People are happy to give repeat business to companies and people that give them more than they expect. Going the extra mile always pays off.

Listening is a critical skill. Understanding where you are is essential to progress.

A great team is made up of members that offer different skills and are willing to participate and work towards a clear goals.

The hardest part of my job was realizing I was one person and I couldn't be in all places at the same time.I needed say no to somethings and to delegate more.

The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with clients and being part of a creative team.
Pros
Creative people.
Cons
Not enough hours in the day.
Job was alright, just poorly managed
Courier (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDNovember 9, 2016
I was a courier driver for close to eleven months. When I started they didn't give me the option of day or night shift, I was thrown on nights and stayed there for months. It wasn't terrible, just monotonous and at times very frustrating. The shift had no real end point, you worked until everything was delivered, which could be hard to get ahead at times due to dispatch adding new orders. The day shift was easier other than waking up super early. Management was in the other side of the state, so getting a real answer about anything was a hassle. I liked most of my co-workers, in the end managers are what ruined the job.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
No real work/life balance
Management has little understanding of daily operations
Crude Oil Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Ratliff City, OKJuly 5, 2016
Good money. Pitiful management. Back-stabbing internal politics. No clear chain of command, due to over-lapping layers of bosses. Constant atmosphere of "who are we going to blame?" if anything goes wrong.
Pros
Pay, bonuses, benefits
Cons
Bad management, uncertain chain of command
Horrible place to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJune 11, 2016
The management treats you just like a number not a person. The hours are horrible along withe the pay. They will work you 24 hrs a day if you let them, and if you don't they will fire you.
Do yourself a favor don't work for Action Courier!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no respect, management is horrible
I managed pipeline and meter station projects
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 3, 2016
if you are very sensitive to racial slurr it may not be the best place for you. it a very rewarding place to work for if you happen to be one of the chosen few
Pros
good pay
Cons
no health benefit
terrible place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lockbourne, OHApril 22, 2016
if you are looking to do good and not get involved in daily gossip about people than do not apply to this company. I would strongly urge people to stay away from this company. human resources doesn't care about the employees and management is no different. they make up lies to fire good people while the bad workers are still there. this is the worst company to work for.
Pros
nothing
Cons
terrible management, pay, co-workers are vindictive, human resources treat employees bad.
enjoyed the time i was thair
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orla, TXApril 15, 2016
typical day, leading others helping where needed. I learned a lot about the oilfield in a shot time, great to get to know all my co workers, and form a good friendship with all. cant think of anything hard about the job , the best thing about the job were the people I worked with and the friends I made
very unstable work enviorment
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Aransas Pass, TXApril 8, 2016
Very poor equipment, very poor management, all around poor company!
ok leases to pull oil from, off loading stations are old equipment, I would not recommend this company to any driver.
Cons
Very Very poor management
Not a good company
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 9, 2016
The staff at NGL corporate are very nice and really helpful. The employees with NGL HR and Training did an excellent job and they make you feel very welcome. BUT the courier division is very poorly managed with little to no training or support provided...on the job training you pick up as you go. There was no true manager at this satellite office and the guy who claimed he was the point of contact had no real decision making ability or training skills. Any questions you had were directed to the HR dept. at NGL. In addition, the hourly wage for this position is very low and not even comparable to similar roles within other companies.
Pros
The guys you work with are mostly retirees and generally nice people, The job itself is not strenuous are the packages are very light.
Cons
Low wages, Absence of management personnel.
Excellent company to be associated with and work for.
funeral planner, licenced insurance sales rep (Current Employee) –  Arcata, CANovember 21, 2015
My training was excellent and occurred steadily over time, allowing me to assimilate and integrate complicated material. My interaction is minimal now, and primarily by phone. However, all of my experiences have been positive and growth oriented.
Pros
There is real money to be made in sales with NGL.
Cons
Not enough human contact.
Okay place would have love to get hired on if it was possible
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CaOctober 17, 2015
A typical day at work
Would come in for daily meeting and discuss our work schedule for the day. After that, if you were picking you would report to the supervisor for your order tickets and grab your equipment. If you were a packer you would work on a variety of packaging areas.

What i learned
NGL has a variety of accounts in their warehouse meaning they distribute different products. The department i was in was expanding at the time which is good meaning possible long term employment. The company only hires through a temp agency Staffmark.

A little disorganized but the supervisor was cool, very busy guy which i can understand when a warehouse is in a expanding phase. He even came to me and apologized for not putting me to learn how to pick first instead he put me to pack because we did not have enough RF scanners, which is all good to me i didn't mind at all.

Co-workers
Okay, young mixed with an older crowd.

The hardest part of the job
The job itself was easy, i would have loved to get hired on here but unfortunately i could not get a clear answer if they do Temp to Hire, so i ended up looking for one that was. The outlook was uncertain.

The most enjoyable part
I got the position that i wanted from staffmark which was a Picker/Packer, in my opinion it's easy money and i like working independent as well with little to no supervision. So if you liked working in a fast paced environment with little use of brain power and don't mind doing OT then this is the placed for you.
Pros
Easy work, OT, multiple shifts
Cons
Not sure if they hire temps
Avoid like the plague
stat driver (Former Employee) –  phoenixSeptember 12, 2015
worst place i ever worked, the pay is horrible, management is horrible, they never fully describe job duties and regional supervisior rarely follows through on getting info in a timely manner, dispatch is horrible, everyday there were mistakes due to lack of info from dispatch, very embarassing standing around while they try to figure out there mistakes, dont be a stat driver you will get burned, the pay barely covers the cost of gas, cant support a family on only $200 a month after paying for gas thats all thats left of your pay check
Pros
Cons
everything
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 10, 2015
Company is closing, end of job assignment. Relaxed atmosphere, dress is causual. Lots of overtime working for oil and crude.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
manditory overtime
Not a good place to work.
Ticket Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityAugust 10, 2015
Gave us a bonus and then took it away the next day. Then on August 5th they came into the office and told us they were closing the okc office.
Worst company I've ever worked for
Accountant (Former Employee) –  BroomfieldMay 22, 2015
Management sucks. They don't care about their employees. There are no raises and the benefits suck. This is by far the worst company to work for. Controller expects a lot of work with little compensation. No room for advancement.
Not a company to trust!!! Former employee Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  OklahomaApril 10, 2015
Dispatch management is a joke, with zero experience. This company will kick you to the curb without notice, and for any reason they want. They do not care about there drivers. They tell you if you have a problem follow the chain of Management and you will get some answer....that's a big fat lie....it starts out with small stuff like they promise a bonuses ALL LIES open your mouth and next thing you know your terminated.
Pros
Nothing good about this company
Cons
Management sucks all the way to the CEO. under paid drivers, way to many chiefs and not enough Indians
Not good to be a driver at,
temp driver (Former Employee) –  lockbourne ohioMarch 18, 2015
I was a temp. driver for this company for 5 months. Management is dis organized, terrible equipment, lot of discrepancies on the trailers. they change their mind to many times, the transportation mgr. is trying to run it like a trucking company, bit it can not run like that for it is a logistics warehouse. Terrible place to drive for and the pay is low.
Pros
early am start with overtie
Cons
poor transportation manager.
over all my job experinence have been great
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GADecember 13, 2013
my experience at ngl was great it was hard work but a job is a job and I needed the job so I took it
los angeles probably is better
csr (Former Employee) –  broomfield coAugust 2, 2013
i worked in the denver office..the customer service dept. The people were rude. One of the girl who was young was bias about older people she was alway gossiping with this male dispatcher..people disappeared.she new who to fool the que computer..stayed off it. i do not believe mangement did not see this or did not want to. Alway the young reps would complain about everyone else. I think their should be a camera in there so the CEO will see what goes on
Pros
close to home
Cons
unprofessional employees
Fun place to work with a family atmosphere.
Outbound Manager (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 18, 2013
Peak season is very busy and very rewarding knowing that you are helping parents fulfill their children s wishes.

The account I manage is Leap Frog and because they are educational toys, it was fun working there.
Pros
fun
Cons
no time off during the moths of june till december

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ngl. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4