NHC HomeCare Employee Reviews

Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 30, 2017
It's your typical corporate work environment. My administrator has done her best to make it a friendly work place with a Godly center. I love working here. I'm one of the originals left here.
The hardest part of the job would be the general part of working with all women and their daily moods. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in healthcare and in patients lives.
Pros
Quartly bonus, work with me on my childs schedule.
Cons
health benefits
Great Job
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 29, 2017
I loved working for the company and was sad that i had to leave the company. I learned alot about the health field. They taught me everything i need to know about home health.
productive environment fast paced
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYApril 22, 2017
Fast paced environment with very hard workers. Involves taking care if many patients at once. Very physically demanding. Great loving patients and families.
Pros
caring patients
Cons
physically demandng
nurse
LPN (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNFebruary 21, 2017
Very busy home health in rural areas. Requires large amounts of driving. good compensation and benefits. Competitiive pay. High staff turn over. Communication difficulty
Pros
pay
Cons
time off
The worst job in Tennessee
DON (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 16, 2016
This is the most unprofessional office I have ever worked in. Hostility from clerical staff limits patient care. It is disgusting.
Hard Working Nurse
Nursing Liaison/Transition Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Athens, TNOctober 5, 2015
I have enjoyed working with all my previous employers. I have gained knowledge and experience at all locations. I gained valuable knowledge from this company.
LPN homecare
LPN (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNOctober 1, 2015
My day started with contacting patients for daily visits, assessing and contacting MD for possible med side effects, lab draws and need for follow up visits. Patients assessed for new complication related to disease process and exacerbation
Pros
good patients, plenty of life skills, autonomy
Cons
administration, pay was very low, still on paper, not very organized
good work atmosphere
LPN Scheduler (Current Employee) –  somerville, tnSeptember 9, 2015
Overall this office is a good work experience. You must learn to be organized and communicate to accomplish goals. Coworkers are excellent and are very helpful. Very busy office setting...
Pros
good benefits
Cons
work holidays
Amazing company to work for!
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNJune 14, 2015
I handled data entry, MD orders, file, phone, fax, and office/patient supplies. I helped out with scheduling, end of month, and end of episode billing. The employees and management were like family. I loved my time here and am grateful for the experience!
Stable company with excellent work ethics
OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chipley, FloridaMay 19, 2015
Days are typically very busy.
Personal and professional integrity are valuable assets in a management position.
Accurate and timely data entry are a must.
Co-workers are friendly.
Save yourself the stress of this toxic environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLFebruary 13, 2015
No support from management. Poorly organized. If you are promised orientation, don't believe it. Expect the number of visits to increase to as many as 10 per day with no gratitude from management.
Pros
The patients and fellow nurses.
Cons
Increasing dissatisfaction of longtime employees
Great Team!
Therapy Intake (Former Employee) –  Somerville, TNJanuary 23, 2015
I loves working for NHC. Didn't always agree with management but overall great company. I would work for them again if given the opportunity.
Pros
great hours and benefits
Cons
none really
Home health is a great job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marianna, FLDecember 9, 2014
Love my patients but the management is not the best. It would be a better place if nurses were allowed to control day to day scheduling of patients.
Pros
Love working one on one with patients and family
Cons
Schedule is hectic nd must travel far between patients
Un-organized and unprofessional
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 14, 2014
They made me feel real unappropriate while working there, I wouldn't want to go back, co-workers were ok but the management was rediculous. I would never refer anyone there to work.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
Unprofessionalism
Productive environment and a good company with a good reputation.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNAugust 8, 2014
A typical day was very busy due to being in a Supervisory role along with being Office Manager. I learned may aspects of the job including Human Resources, Payroll, and Billing.
I worked with a great group of people (employees, Nurses, and CNA's).
The hardest part of the job was being in a Supervisory role.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Company needed more update computer system.
Former Employee
DON (Former Employee) –  HendersonvilleJuly 14, 2014
One of the few jobs I loved! Some of the nicest people to work with! The Hendersonville office has an awesome team!! I only left d/t health issues and it still breaks my heart! The only changes I wish they would make is paid holidays off and better compensation for office staff and Admin.
People give the appearance of being very pleasant, the majority are
RN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TennesseeJanuary 19, 2014
People in the office were funny and personable. A great place to work all and all. The job was very difficult , related to the patient load. Occasionally you had to deal with difficult aspects of patient care, such as death and dying. My co-workers all and all were knowledgeable and a great resource. I will greatly miss them.
Pros
Somewhat flexible hours, pay
Cons
To much call, not enough time off, patient load, disorganized
Wonderful
Licensed Practical Nurse - Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 11, 2014
This was my first job as a nurse, and at the time it was a great, fun place to work. Now that administration has changed hands, im unable to speak for the type of working environment it still is.
Excellent Place to Work
Data Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 5, 2013
I love the people I worked with at the office. Everyone was so determined and focused on their work. It always felt good at the end of the day to know I did my part in the office. I really enjoyed typing on the computer and when I finished, I would always ask for more work because it was fun.
Great Place To Work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 2, 2013
NHC Homecare is a wonderful company with compassionate and dedicated staff. I worked in the Ocala, FL area during an incredibly difficult time in my life and my Regional Manager was amazing. She worked with me on the hours I worked allowing me to take my husband to chemo therapy. She consoled me on bad days and kicked me in the ____ on the days I needed it to keep going.

The lessons I learned about managing people during my time as Administrator serve me well to this day. A day rarely goes by when I do not use something that I learned about managing people, compliance, or other things at NHC Ocala.

Overall NHC is committed to following the rules every day but they care about their employees so they can provide high quality care to their patients.
Pros
Great People to Work With Every Day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NHC HomeCare. Our community is ready to answer.