NHC Place at Cool Springs Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Don't work here
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 31, 2017
Very stressful place to work. You'll be overworked due to it being short staffed all the time, and management doesn't do anything about it. Co- workers weren't so bad though they were always willing to help out each other .
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Short staff
Fun loving place to work as well as a teaching environment.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 13, 2017
Enjoyed my time there right out of nursing school..I learned a lot and see a lot of things that would help me along my way.
Staff work hard, but not enough recognition for the job
Pros
Great food
Cons
Administrator not friendly
Great facilty bad managment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 12, 2017
I had a great work experience but the mangment was not the greatest. I loved working in the kitchen and heing around my patients everyday and knowing that i was doing the best in my power to meet there and there families needs
Really liked working here, loved my patients, workload not to bad, about 15 patients on the LTC unit.
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 18, 2017
Management was pretty good, good leadership. Always short so got constant calls to pick up extra shifts, they would pressure you. Call in policy was a joke, worked there several years, and only called in a couple times, but each time I was hassled to come in unless "you" can find someone to replace you. Lots of turnover, but also had a lot of employees that have been there for years. Good training and inservices for nurses. So many great and dedicated employees!
Pros
Co workers, patients, pay, manageable work load.
Cons
Call in policy, high turnover rate with cna's, short staffed
Don't apply if you value your license!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 9, 2017
My license has never been in such jeopardy as it was while working here. The CNAs disappear and do not take proper care of the patients. Management is horrific. You are overloaded with work and no one cares. The administration covers up dangerous problems. The administrator needs to be gone. Too much politics!
Pros
Pay and benefits.
Cons
No breaks and no support from management.
high office turnover/ bookkeeper
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  NHC Place Cool SpringsOctober 17, 2016
The bookkeeper position has a high turnover rate because you have so many duties along with your main job. The office is nice but the training is lacking from corporate and a lot is expected of you. I wouldn't recommend this job for the amount of pay you receive.
Pros
low price lunch & nice people
Cons
work load and lack of training
I go home knowing I've made a difference
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 24, 2016
What an amazing company to work for…though I go home from work tired, my heart is full. On my first day of work, I realized my patients were well loved and well cared for. I go to work knowing I have the support of my co-workers and supervisors as well as all the resources I need to do my job and do it well. I’ve had a co-worker/mentor who has not only been patient showing me the ropes, but leads by example. I will be starting school in the fall, and the administration has been flexible in working with my schedule. NHC offers good benefits as well as tuition-reminbursement and recurrent training to keep my skills sharp. I hit the jackpot with NHC Cool Springs!
Pros
Great co-workers, well stocked supplies needed to do job
Overall a great place to work!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 27, 2016
Friendly, caring environment. Partners are always willing to help you out. The patients are always so appreciative of you.
Pros
3.00 lunches
Cons
Wonderful experience!!! Hope to work there again this summer.
CNA (Former Employee) –  FloaterApril 27, 2016
I loved working at NHC Cool Springs last summer when I was home from school. They worked with me to get me scheduled and certified. I feel it will help me be a better nurse when I graduate. People there really care about their patients and employees. I hope to work there again when I finish nursing school. I highly recommend it. Not your typical "nursing home".
Pros
Patient are really cared for . Beautiful location and building.
Cons
None really
Great Place to Work
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 1, 2016
I really like working here. My supervisor is awesome and always takes time to help me do my job better. Co-workers are great. We all work well together and it creates a team atmosphere. The company has great values and really strives to help everyone do and be their best.

The lunch here is awesome and is really cheap too. Good benefits (insurance, retirement, time off, etc.).
A wonderful, fast pace, healthcare working environment. I love my job and enjoy the partners I work with.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 31, 2016
NHC Cool Springs provides so many opportunities for their employees. Flexible schedules are available. A family like working environment. You will enjoy this job if you are a true, caring,professional. What a wonderful place to serve the community.
Pros
Pay, professional, caring staff in every department
Cons
If you do not like fast pace, this job's not for you!
Don't apply here
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 15, 2016
If you work at night be prepared to take up any slack that first shift does. No one is held responsible for anything they do during days. Flexible work schedule.
Unfair
tech (Former Employee) –  tnSeptember 3, 2015
They do not treat their employees fairly. Terminate for no reason, and under false accusations. As far as patient care goes, it is a great facility to bring loved ones who need care, long term, short term, rehab, memory, etc. Really loved the workplace and loved caring for my patients.
Pros
good benefits, and a great experience, good environment
Cons
short staffed, employees get hired and then leave a while after
nice place to work. needs to pay better and less expensive insurance.
Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 16, 2014
start my day at work at 6:30 or 7:00 and end at 2:30 or 3:00. i have gained alot of experience working with the elderly here and enjoy it alot. i would say the hardest part of what i do is being on my feet constantly for most of the day.
Pros
i am pretty much left alone and trusted to do my job and they know that i will.
Cons
the cost of health insurance here is ridiculously high and the pay is not enough to live on.
Loved this place of employment!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 25, 2012
Management and administration was excellent! Wonderful place to work. People, training, and food was great! I miss this place.
Pros
great management and friendly staff!
Cons
i can't think of any.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NHC Place at Cool Springs. Our community is ready to answer.

NHC Place at Cool Springs Reviews by Location