NHE Certification Employee Reviews in United States

PFMS Work From Home Office/Gym
PFMS Personal Fitness Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesNovember 29, 2014
The job is not for everyone. If you prefer working one-on-one with clients, working in a gym full of interesting gym members or if your ambition is to be a manager or executive or even an owner of a fitness center, you’re not going to acquire many attributes from being an at-home personal trainer. However, if you love writing fitness programs (as I do) and love working on your own schedule, then you should apply. The company pays well, on time and most importantly, doesn’t middle manage you to death. I have no regrets… thus far.
Pros
you can create your own hours, very flexible.
Cons
no one to socialize with.
NHE Certifications by NHE Exercise Course Instructors
Exercise Course Instructor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 9, 2014
As an authorized NHE exercise course instructor, my number one priority is to ensure that everyone who attends my classes leaves knowing every exercise contained within the 2014 NHE Exercise Course manual. This includes, exercise prescriptions, exercise science and application, technique and mechanics, and equipment assessment and set up.
Pros
the one on one structure is very well organized, it allows for maximum opportunity to ask questions and receive assistance.
Cons
there are little to no afternoon classes, you are also required to work at least two weekends a month.
Satisfying work for advanced traines
Personal Fitness Managment Specialist (Current Employee) –  East RutherfordNovember 18, 2013
I was recently hired as Personal Fitness Management Specialist for the National Health Educators organization. The work is very similar to personal training in that my sole responsibility is to help clients learn exercise science and nutrition. Their business model is 'modernized' for the Internet generation and is adaptable towards most learning situations/environments. It's not as much fun as personal training 'face-to-face' but the work is consistent and the hours are much more flexible.
Pros
no sales!
Cons
no one-on-one client relationships.
FCA Regional Manager review
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Luzern, PAApril 16, 2013
I worked for 24 hour fitness for ten years as a district manager and moved over to my current position as a regional manager because it was a lateral move with a better organization and better benefits. Although I earn less, I believe NHE better represents my professional philosophies and character. The people they staff they select to manage their FCA programs are some of the smartest people I’ve worked with and it’s a satisfying feeling to know I’m associated to something revered so highly from other collegues.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
average pay for the amount of work.
Intellectually stimulating fitness work.
PFMS (Personal Fitness Management Specialists) (Current Employee) –  Ardsly, PAJanuary 30, 2013
For weeks I've been looking into NHE (National Health Educators), in particular their affiliate based certification programs and expansion goals. My husband received some information regarding their PFMS position, which is short for Personal Fitness Management Specialists. It's part time work, although they have full time availabilities, I work as a Chiropractor 25-30 hours a week and was looking for part time work as a supplement to my practice. Because of my extensive kinesiology background it sounded like a perfect position and so I submitted my CV for their review. A few days later they initiated the recruitment process and then I took a brutal two hour comprehensive exam called the MTC exam (short for master trainer certificate exam). Once I accepted the position, based on their approval, I started the training program which not only covered the job 's many components but also went through a lot about the NHE philosophy and academic vision. I was very impressed by the whole process.
Pros
perfect part time work with flexible schedule.
Cons
tons of typing.
A great environment for reputable, established professionals
Personal Fitness Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Laveen, AZDecember 4, 2012
I work as a Personal Fitness Management Specialist of PFMS for short. My responsibilities are similar to when I ran the personal training department for 24 hour Fitness. The best part of my job involves helping people. I provide different forms of fitness and health programs for seniors, students, bodybuilders, athletes and others. I compose exercise programs and nutritional consultation. I do this full time and I absolutely love it.
Pros
i get to make my own schedule.
Cons
i don't get dental insurance or two weeks vacation (1 week only).
A professional environment for personal trainers.
Personal Fitness Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pueblo West, ColoradoOctober 17, 2012
I work as a PFMS and what I do is develop personal fitness programs foe people with special conditions, called special populations cases. I design exercise programs, I help construct healthy dietary strategies and I prescribe stretching and Pilates techniques for daily implementation.
Pros
nhe pays for everyone's gym membership!
Cons
ambitious deadlines!
Content writer position at National Health Educators
Content writer (Current Employee) –  Mannassas, VAAugust 21, 2012
I received an email ad about jobs at NHE and was not sure about them or the positions they offered. After several weeks of research and speaking to several people I learned a great deal. This is an excellent company with a very unique perspective on the fitness industry as a whole. It doesn’t matter if you speak with someone from their human sciences department or their affiliate divisions, everyone is very bright and understands the industry and the different services. It is an absolute joy to work with these types of people, because of my many experiences working with various exercise physiologists and other so-called experts. I have been very pleased with the outcome thus far.
Pros
research mechanisms are plentuful as is the materials from which one may choose to write about.
Cons
nhe is expanding but at a snails pace.
You get to meet different types of fitness professionals.
Exercise Course Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, ColoradoJuly 9, 2012
I like working for NHE because of the traveling and the different work environments they put you in. They have what are known as affiliate centers that range from fitness centers to wellness clinics. These different specialties allow for a wider exposure to different fields which makes me better rounded.
Pros
travel options
NHE Mentors have flexible schedules.
NHE Fitness Mentor (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 15, 2012
The NHE mentor position is a great job for people who have 15-30 weekly clients that they my still serve while doing this on a part time basis.
Pros
work your own hours
Cons
no benefits for part timers

4.3