NHE Certification

NHE Certification United States Employee Reviews

NHE Certifications by NHE Exercise Course Instructors
Exercise Course Instructor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 9, 2014
Pros: the one on one structure is very well organized, it allows for maximum opportunity to ask questions and receive assistance.
Cons: there are little to no afternoon classes, you are also required to work at least two weekends a month.
As an authorized NHE exercise course instructor, my number one priority is to ensure that everyone who attends my classes leaves knowing every exercise contained within the 2014 NHE Exercise Course manual. This includes, exercise prescriptions, exercise science and application, technique and mechanics, and equipment assessment and set up.
Satisfying work for advanced traines
Personal Fitness Managment Specialist (Current Employee), East RutherfordNovember 18, 2013
Pros: no sales!
Cons: no one-on-one client relationships.
I was recently hired as Personal Fitness Management Specialist for the National Health Educators organization. The work is very similar to personal training in that my sole responsibility is to help clients learn exercise science and nutrition. Their business model is 'modernized' for the Internet generation and is adaptable towards most learning situations/environments. It's not as much fun as personal training 'face-to-face' but the work is consistent and the hours are much more flexible.
FCA Regional Manager review
Regional Manager (Current Employee), Luzern, PAApril 16, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: average pay for the amount of work.
I worked for 24 hour fitness for ten years as a district manager and moved over to my current position as a regional manager because it was a lateral move with a better organization and better benefits. Although I earn less, I believe NHE better represents my professional philosophies and character. The people they staff they select to manage their FCA programs are some of the smartest people I’ve worked with and it’s a satisfying feeling to know I’m associated to something revered so highly from other collegues.
Intellectually stimulating fitness work.
PFMS (Personal Fitness Management Specialists) (Current Employee), Ardsly, PAJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: perfect part time work with flexible schedule.
Cons: tons of typing.
For weeks I've been looking into NHE (National Health Educators), in particular their affiliate based certification programs and expansion goals. My husband received some information regarding their PFMS position, which is short for Personal Fitness Management Specialists. It's part time work, although they have full time availabilities, I work as a Chiropractor 25-30 hours a week and was looking for part time work as a supplement to my practice. Because of my extensive kinesiology background it sounded like a perfect position and so I submitted my CV for their review. A few days later they initiated the recruitment process and then I took a brutal two hour comprehensive exam called the MTC exam (short for master trainer certificate exam). Once I accepted the position, based on their approval, I started the training program which not only covered the job 's many components but also went through a lot about the NHE philosophy and academic vision. I was very impressed by the whole process.

February 18, 2013

I'm applying for the PFMS position. I have a lot of education and experience but I have heard the exam is extremely difficult. Any tips?

A great environment for reputable, established professionals
Personal Fitness Management Specialist (Current Employee), Laveen, AZDecember 4, 2012
Pros: i get to make my own schedule.
Cons: i don't get dental insurance or two weeks vacation (1 week only).
I work as a Personal Fitness Management Specialist of PFMS for short. My responsibilities are similar to when I ran the personal training department for 24 hour Fitness. The best part of my job involves helping people. I provide different forms of fitness and health programs for seniors, students, bodybuilders, athletes and others. I compose exercise programs and nutritional consultation. I do this full time and I absolutely love it.
A professional environment for personal trainers.
Personal Fitness Management Specialist (Current Employee), Pueblo West, ColoradoOctober 17, 2012
Pros: nhe pays for everyone's gym membership!
Cons: ambitious deadlines!
I work as a PFMS and what I do is develop personal fitness programs foe people with special conditions, called special populations cases. I design exercise programs, I help construct healthy dietary strategies and I prescribe stretching and Pilates techniques for daily implementation.
Content writer position at National Health Educators
Content writer (Current Employee), Mannassas, VAAugust 21, 2012
Pros: research mechanisms are plentuful as is the materials from which one may choose to write about.
Cons: nhe is expanding but at a snails pace.
I received an email ad about jobs at NHE and was not sure about them or the positions they offered. After several weeks of research and speaking to several people I learned a great deal. This is an excellent company with a very unique perspective on the fitness industry as a whole. It doesn’t matter if you speak with someone from their human sciences department or their affiliate divisions, everyone is very bright and understands the industry and the different services. It is an absolute joy to work with these types of people, because of my many experiences working with various exercise physiologists and other so-called experts. I have been very pleased with the outcome thus far.
You get to meet different types of fitness professionals.
Exercise Course Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Collins, ColoradoJuly 9, 2012
Pros: travel options
I like working for NHE because of the traveling and the different work environments they put you in. They have what are known as affiliate centers that range from fitness centers to wellness clinics. These different specialties allow for a wider exposure to different fields which makes me better rounded.
NHE Mentors have flexible schedules.
NHE Fitness Mentor (Current Employee), Everett, WAJune 15, 2012
Pros: work your own hours
Cons: no benefits for part timers
The NHE mentor position is a great job for people who have 15-30 weekly clients that they my still serve while doing this on a part time basis.

About NHE Certification

Our members have applied their knowledge, training, dedication and passion in pulmonary physiology, health promotion, exercise – Read more