NHE Employee Reviews

wonderful
Resident Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Resident Service CoordinatorAugust 8, 2017
Great company to work for. They are supportive and offer many incentives to remain with them. Communication is open and they are always there to provide whatever you need.
Always something different, and constantly was moving
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 18, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was the troubleshooting was just as interesting and time consuming to me as if I were assembling or installing something.
Pros
benifits
Horrible company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 18, 2016
Hired on to manage several properties who had no manager on-site in several months and was given NO training and ridiculous deadlines to catch everything up on top of learning the job and day to day duties. Reflects poorly of a company who doesn't take the time to help a new employee learn so that they can grow and become an asset to the team.
I love my career!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  SCSeptember 27, 2016
I've been with NHE since 2013 and can honestly say, I love my job. The company is very much a family, I feel as comfortable speaking with my supervisor as I feel speak with the president of our company. They promote from within and give you the support you need to be successful. Anyone would be lucky to work at NHE.
Pros
Supportive management, opportunity for advancement
Worst management EVER-BIASED
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 18, 2016
Management is the worst part about this company! They will lie and do whatever they can to cover it up. Regional for Charleston is conniving and the VP of conventional is also! They do not train you properly and when you report misdeeds of employees they do nothing even when evidence has been presented. They also do not follow the laws pertaining to Fair Housing. Favoritism shown to employees who live on property even when they should be evicted or penalized for lease violations. More concerned about money than about the employee! Run and don't look back if offered a job! I got it to 98% occupied and they lied and fired me! Upper management deceitful at EVERY turn. Don't think of running to HR. He's just as bad. Culture is awful. Rent elsewhere! The former regional was married to the former manager and approved by the company! They worked directly under one another!
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Upper management
Management was bias,used favoritism on every day decision making.
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 20, 2016
Management was bias,used favoritism on every day decision making.
President of company only listen to management side of the story,
regular employees had no voice.
Pros
free healh insurance
Cons
explained on review
Great Place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  SCJuly 7, 2016
I love working for this company!! Everyone is helpful and upper management does everything they can do to see that site staff succeeds. They care about their relationship with their staff and vendors alike. GREAT COMPANY!!
Pros
Management Support - Staff teamwork
Great benefits, but culture isn't for everyone.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  SCDecember 29, 2015
NHE pays full medical benefits for the employee, which is pretty nice. Employees also get 3 weeks of PTO per year.

Its a growing company, and it can be very disorganized and things change frequently. Sometimes you are left on your own, and other times you are very micromanaged. If you cant handle frequent change, or expect high end pay, its probably not the place for you. There are some opportunities for advancement, but be ready to put in heavy work with little appreciation upfront to get it.
Pros
Benefits and possible advancement opportunities.
Cons
Frequent change, disorganization, and slightly below average pay.
Great Place to Work
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 12, 2015
I absolutely love what I do and love my job! NHE is very supportive and is always looking for opportunities to ensure it's employees get the training and support needed to do their job successfully!