NHS Human Services Employee Reviews

Paper work is ridiculous
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAApril 13, 2017
I spent twice as much time on paperwork as I did treating. The salary was decent but you are not paid for the amount of time the paper work takes. There is very little to no supervision. Management is disorganized.
Great work environment.
ASSISTANT BUSINESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 11, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my six years with this company. It was truly fulfilling watching clients make progress towards their goals. While my various positions with the company had their own type of stress, they were challenging in a positive manner, encouraging me to meet the challenges and succeed. Management was supportive without micromanaging.
Not the best olace at all to work at
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2017
I hated management. I was getting hurt almost everyday, working as a Behavior Technician. I did not have any benefits because if you are not a teacher or a classroom assistant, you were working part-time hours.
Pros
Off early enough
Cons
Constantly getting hurt
Productive place to work
Mental Health Worker III (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 6, 2017
A great place to work, room for advancement. The atmosphere was laid back, gain a lot of knowledge while working there. Made life long friends who turned into family
Good pay, however management is terrible!
MHP (Current Employee) –  Beaver County, PAApril 4, 2017
I love working with the clients and being out in the field, however being in the office is another matter, management is terrible. Unreal expectations of their MHP's and MHW's. Cronyism, and sexism and discriminatory attitudes towards male workers. Management also tends to play favorites among the clients treating some better than others. The bottom line, all they care about is making money at the expense of their clients suffering. Heard the horror stories before I started but took the job anyways, and sorry I did. I am looking for a new job.
Pros
Fair compensation, the clients.
Cons
Poor management.
Hours were nice
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sharon Hill, PA 19079March 27, 2017
I arrived at work early and got set up for the day. Depending on the day I would make calls to set up appointments for office visits or to let people know where they stood in the program. I created graphs documenting their position for references on the computer. Doing office interviews I would talk to consumers about their particular needs and employment goals, documenting all in their individual case records. The hardest part of the job was doing unfinished paperwork for the Project Coordinator.
Pros
Lots of support
Cons
Project Coordinator was difficult
Productive and fun workplace with great people
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lafayette Hill, PAMarch 24, 2017
NHS Human Services is a fantastic job. The people there are so kind and friendly. For an intern, the work is easy and there are many opportunities to make connections and friendships with other people.
I wouldnt
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Cresson, PAMarch 14, 2017
Thought it was good at first then it slowly went down hill most of the staff s*cks to work with, the day program is typically a joke management doesn't do anything about it but make it worse by tellig everyone who reported things, also there is alot of things that are leery like in accurate pay, violations of some of the companies own policys etc...
Pros
Individuals
Cons
everything other then the individuals
Hard worker
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 8, 2017
Very dependable reliable and willing to work gets along well with others helpful and is willing work hard to better myself I know I will be a great candidate for this position
Maintenance Technician/ Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 6, 2017
Maintenance upkeep of homes
Repair
Great people
Great management
Challenging
Rewarding
Job security
Now I am just typing to meet required characters for this review
Nhs
Mobile Therapist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19119March 1, 2017
Have worked with NHS Human Services for 12 years and am ready for a change. Met a lot of great people and friends. Enjoy working to ensure our kiddos that we serve receive the utmost care.
Pros
Great people
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2017
This company is a good fit for people needing to work flexible hours. The company provides good training, easy schedules, and you will enjoy working with your clients. Management is there if needed and the workplace is laid back.
Nhs
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, PAFebruary 21, 2017
The company is a great company, to get yourself started in the mental health field. A great atmosphere to learn and grow in, to get experience needed to further your career.
Perfect if you like the mental health environment.
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 13, 2017
Counsel with emphasis on prevention. Work with individuals and groups to promote optimum mental health. May help individuals deal with addictions and substance abuse.
Pros
Good team members
Cons
Overwhelming
Delaware NHS is not a good company
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 13, 2017
I worked in both PA and DE for NHS. PA was great except for the Residential Director who was an egomaniac and very unprofessional, had all her family hired in different homes and they did little of nothing. My immediate supervisor was great. DE is another story. The director is extremely unprofessional, with everyone. Switching staff around to different homes when convenient for management, not considering the individuals. Homes being short staffed. Unprofessional conversations, office politics, management yelling at staff and individuals. There have been many complaints filed but nothing has been done, nothing has changed. Makes one wonder where corporate is? Seriously, no one has noticed the turnover of staff? Managers expected to do way too much, and help with many sites, but when you don't have your own work completed due to "helping out", it is on YOU, no consideration for doing extra.
Pros
Medical and vacation benefits
Cons
Management, hours, atmosphere
Love my work, but benefits are awful
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAFebruary 9, 2017
The work is great, but there are no benefits - only 8 hours PTO a quarter (and can only be used on a holiday when the office is closed). The office staff is extremely unorganized and unreliable, although they refuse to recognize an issue.
Pros
Love the work
Cons
No benefits
A great place to learn social services
Clinical Supervisor BHRS Department (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 2, 2017
NHS is a wonderful place to work, However the managers can make a company horrible in terms of work ethnics, and staff morals.
Pros
locations
Cons
monday- fFriday and no on call work
Negative experience
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 16, 2017
I choose not to speak negatively about those who operate negatively. Moving on was the best thing I could have done and took far too long to do so. If you are desperate for a job.
Great Experience
Special Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJanuary 9, 2017
Very humbling and rewarding. Working with students with disabilities can be tough but the environment NHS provides makes it very suitable.
Good Agency
TSS Autism Support (Current Employee) –  Honesdale, PAJanuary 8, 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for NHS. They offer great support, training, room for growth, and ability to work in other areas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NHS Human Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8