NHS Human Services

NHS Human Services Employee Reviews

Fun and enjoyable for both clients and employees
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 6, 2015
I really enjoy working with NHS clients it has shown a side of leadership that I didn't know I had. I spend the whole evening with the clients from Monday through Friday. Its also very fulfilling knowing that my work and hard effort helps the clients improve and grow to certain things independently. I work with all different types of people who have worked for this company for years and its nice to know there's always someone there to help me along the way. The most difficult part of this job is trying not to get too attached to the clients because in the short time I've been working there I have grown really close to the clients. I just wish it was in a better location that I could transport to easily.
Don't do it
Behavior Tech (Former Employee), Midwest, USAApril 24, 2015
Pros: The children
Cons: Management, policies, work environment
This company is all about the money. they don't care about the children or their employees. The work environment is nasty. the walls and floors haven't been clean since they moved in. I love the children, but management make it hard to love the job. In my area, they are trying to grow and expand, but their lack professionalism will be their down fall. Their inability to communication with their employees on a common playing field, will be their end. If you call in sick they will give you 5point, even thou they told us now to come in if we are sick on hire-in day(not to make the kids sick). They change their policies every time the wind blows. They do not respect their employees. The center is all ways running out of stock. It all ways something with this company. The staff isn't happy.
NHS
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Paperwork was easy
Cons: Not guarenteed hours
Prepae indivuals meal, clean their house, make sure they are showered. Take the indivduals on outings. I enjoyed taking the individuals out into the community.
it was a great place to work
residential advisor (Former Employee), lansdale paApril 6, 2015
NHS was a great place to work. I enjoyed my time there and also my co workers. my boss was very fair and always willing to help.
Strong sense of values
Adult Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 1, 2015
Overall innovative and diverse company. Opportunities for development encouraged! Local agencies throughout the Commonwealth provide an expanded array of services focusing on overall recovery and support.
Awesome
Employee Information Center Rep (Former Employee), Lafayette Hill, PAMarch 13, 2015
Enjoyed going to work everyday...it was all about the people I worked with daily. They made the work I did worthwhile and fulfilling
HIGH turnover, Hostile environment
Direct Care (Former Employee), Coraopolis, PAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: made friends, loved the clients
Cons: hostile, uncaring management
The administration is either related, or best friends. Forget advancement here in Coraopolis. The culture is divided, as everyone works in fear. VERY high turnover, untrained new staff work along side fill-in agency staff, and the few regular staff are overworked and underpaid. I am very grateful to have moved on and love the agency I work at now. Love working with these special individuals and have the bonus of finally being appreciated and respected. AVS/NHS is under new management, and went from bad to unbearable. BE AWARE!!!!
Worst Place to work
Behavior Specialist Consultant/Mobile Therapist (Former Employee), Stroudsburg, PAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: the clients are sweet
Cons: lots of unpaid time you put in, low pay, lying, cheat management
Offers the lowest pay in the business anywhere! A Master's degree position pays only $25 per hour! For every hour you get paid, you are expected to spend 20 min to an hour doing paperwork that is NOT paid. Management is lousy. There are NO benefits at all. You can purchase health benefits but as the management told me, it is worthless. The clients (kids) are awesome, working with them is rewarding but often, the parents are difficult and make your job stressful but management NEVER backs you up. It's all about money and keeping the money coming in, without regard to doing a good job and using tax payer funds to actually help these kids. The company closed the Stroudsburg office in June 2014 and management promised to pay unemployment. However, anyone who did not have another job to go to in June, was accused of falsifying documents and denied unemployment. I had all of my paperwork including parent's support and school paperwork showing I had not falsified but the company hired a lawyer (can you do that if you are unemployed?) and she restricted my introducing this into the record. While I could've appealed, I was unable to find a lawyer who would take the case because the LOW amount of money I would get wouldn't be worth it. This company appears to be filled with corrupted people who use taxpayer's dollars to bilk the system.
Worst Job I've EVER had.
Direct service provider (Former Employee), Dubois, PAFebruary 28, 2015
During my interview I was assured I would be workong no less than thirty hours a week. While working there I was assured more client's and therefore more hours. This was never delivered. I averaged 20 hours a week. I was expected to take client's shopping, out to dinner, to the movies, bowling. Client's pay for themselves I drive my car, pick the client up, pay for myself, and then take the client home. I was NEVER reimbursed for my expenses or milage. I live near clearfield and I was attending to clients from Bellefonte to Dubois. I had to drive to Dubois once a week to deliver paperwork. My paycheck was NEVER deposited on time. It literally cost me more to work for NHS than they paid me. When I complained about not being reimbursed I was told I filled the paperwork out incorrectly and when I was at the office no one was available to help me correct it. My direct supervisor had no idea why the logs were filled out incorrectly or what I would need to change on my next one in order to receive the reimbursement. I was also frequently called to Dubois to attend mandatory ten to fifteen minute meetings. Keep in mind I am a 45 minute drive from the office and in order to attend these meeting I would have to cut client times short or cancel them. Once a week I would drive over an hour to Bellefonte to take my client to a doctors appointment or grocery shopping and when I arrived the client would not answer the door or refuse to leave the house with me. When this happens I get paid for none of my time and the gas I used is my problem. You only get paid for time spend with the client and reimbursed for mileage when your client is in your car. If you can manage to get reimbursed at all! I quit this job and NHS didn't bother to inform my clients so they continued to call me for over a month after I resigned confused as to why they no longer has a DSP. This company is absolutely horrible to work for. They are incredibly unorganized and lazy.
DO NOT DO IT
Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: the benefits are great
Cons: everything about the franklin fulton county branch is a joke.
If you want to spend all of your free time being mandated, then by all means, please apply. The Director is an incompetent LIAR who will make your life a living nightmare unless you put your nose up her bum. They do not care about your well being or your outside life. If you have children, who cares. Have a spouse? THEY DO NOT CARE. The pay is horrible. You can make more at Sheetz making a sub, but instead you are paid a dirt wage to wipe a bum. JUST DO NOT WORK HERE. YOU WILL HATE YOUR LIFE. I promise.
Terrible managment
CTT (Former Employee), Penn HillsFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: worst team leader ever, no room for advancement
No support from team leader and no room for advancement unless you are friends with the team leader. She plays favorites and could care less about her team and will throw you under the bus
short stay
TSS (Former Employee), DuBois, PAJanuary 29, 2015
no hours, lots of promises, no guidance. Would of loved the job if hours were available.
OVER WORKED, UNDER PAID, UNDER APPRECIATED.
MHP (Current Employee), New Castle, DEJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: my co-workers
Cons: poor management
This was the worst job I have ever had. Long work days (Overtime not paid). Poor management support, no training, high turn over, high burn out, high expectations with little guidance. (Just to name a few things) I believe I worked there for no more then 8 months and I seen 15 people fired and or quit. Worst experience ever.
Horrible
Worker (Former Employee), PAJanuary 27, 2015
I worjed there for 3 years. Caught another employee falsifying billable hours to insurance companies. Management didn't do anything about it. Made my life a living nightmare for reporting it. No advancement. No balance with work and home life. I would never work there again.
Horrible
Worker (Former Employee), PAJanuary 27, 2015
Great Place to work
PRN Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Philadelphia PaDecember 26, 2014
Provide patients with help moving in and out of beds,baths,wheelchairs,or automobiles and with dressing and grooming.

Accompany clients to doctors offices or on other trips outside the home,providing transportation,assistance,and companionship.

Care for patients by changing bed linens,washing and ironing laundry,cleaning,or assisting with their personal care.
Advance and Career Growth, Non profit mental health company.
Adult Behavioral Health Business Manager (Current Employee), Lafayette, LaDecember 8, 2014
Pros: fast pace environment, non profit, benefits, advancement
This company offered me potential to grow within the company. If the company functioned out of California I would transfer. Great mental health company to work for. Great leaders and overall super supportive staff who want to help those suffering as well as those who are living with family that have a mental illness.
An OK stop on a longer journey
Director of IT Operations (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PANovember 26, 2014
Working in the non-profit world is clearly not for everyone, and I learned it is not for me
Great Place to Work. High Point is Excellent!
Mental Health Employee (Current Employee), DuBois, PANovember 16, 2014
Pros: coworkers are great! tons of opportunity to advance career
Cons: management is tough but fair. hyper-focused on compliance and fidelity
Have been working in Human Services field for over 10 years and have never worked anywhere as professional and consumer focused as NHS High Point Center. Great co-workers and the programs are fantastic. The Foster Care program is by far the best in the area and generously rewards foster parents with tax free stipends that are triple what other agencies are paying.

The focus on autism is excellent as well. I have seen children participating in the Stepping Stones program make leaps and bounds. The team running this program is outstanding.

Great place to work if looking for experience with opportunity to move up in the field.
A good starter job while you are working on a master's or if it is not your only source of income.
Mobile Therapist/Behavior Specialist Consultant (Former Employee), Carlisle, PANovember 4, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no benefits, no growth, no pay increases
I loved working for NHS, but there were no opportunities to grow. I worked there for 5 years and never got a pay increase (neither did any of my coworkers). There were no benefits and only within the past year did we start earning PTO but you have to work a ridiculous amount of hours to earn 8 hours (I calculated that I would earn 3 PTO days in an entire year). If you want to work 30 or more hours a week you have to be ready and willing to travel and do lots of paperwork, because that is the only way you are going to get the hours. My coworkers were amazing as was my boss, besides my clients, they were the best part of the job. I worked as a TSS, BSC, and MT.

1 2 3 4 5

About NHS Human Services

Northwestern Human Services (operating as NHS Human Services)¬†exists to lend a helping hand to humans throughout the Northeast.¬†The – Read more

NHS Human Services Salaries