NHS Employee Reviews

relaxed sometimes streesful workplace
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PANovember 12, 2017
I would come in make sure my resident had her medication and breakfast. I would then make sure she got showered and clothed appriotately. She would come out and watch lifetime for a little and go back in her room for a quick nap usely. If it was a regular day and she didn't have any money or any doctors appointment she would like to go for a ride and listen to her cd. The hardest part would be the days your resident is not in a good mood at all or they have a bunch of craziness going on a the office and cant answer your questions because they have to much going on and don't actually know what goes on or the schedules of the residential houses.
It's a good place to work
Mentally Handicapped Community Guide (Current Employee) –  Ebensburg, PANovember 7, 2017
I like my clients the atmosphere of the company but the wear and tear on the vehicle and the gas money it takes to get around making it difficult to actually have money.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
miles on the vehicle, gas and no benefits
Easy
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2017
The flexibility that this job offered was awesome. Not a bad job, just depends on the capacity in which you are working. Management was not the most organized but it was an okay job to have.
ADULT BEHAVIOR COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Aston, PAOctober 31, 2017
It's a nice place to work. It's flexible in they care for staff in the clients. It's structured and the clients are high to action at the site I work.
children fun to work with
Behavior Technician - PCA (Current Employee) –  Ellsworth, PAOctober 31, 2017
Been through several managers, current one seems fantastic if they stay. Most employees fun to work with although several are very cut-throat and have been there for awhile so make situations very difficult. It has a big turn-around. Hours are great, except you do not get paid for days off, holidays and summer. No opportunity for advancement. The children that are there are the best part of the job.
Pros
kids, hours
Cons
some staff, pay, no opportunity for growth, benefits
Pretty ok
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia County, PAOctober 28, 2017
NHS they were pretty decent to work at. But the checks were always messed up. cant express how almost every check was weird or just chopped up. Once a phone call was made it would get situated.
unorganized
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 26, 2017
Was very unorganized and a lot of catty-ness between employees staff and management. No chance for advancement or raises. No team work between management and staff.
Not a bad place to work
Intern for TFC (Former Employee) –  McMurray, PAOctober 25, 2017
I was an intern for the TFC program. I worked with either a therapist or the coordinator. We worked with the children and organized their appointments, helped with issues, and were there for the foster families.
Fun environment
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Sharon Hill, PAOctober 25, 2017
It was a very friendly environment. Welled trained and prepared to perform my duties. Monthly training on new techniques which I enjoyed. The manager/supervisor was an amazing leader.
NHS is a private company and very confidential.
National Pharmaceutical Broker (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 9, 2017
When NHS was doing the Tricare billings, things were really fun and upbeat.
After the loss of the Tricare deal, things went downhill.
NHS was an quick paced fun environment, challenges occurred all of the time, and it was fun to solve them.
We had a great crew, and they did an awesome job.
There was never enough time to get everything done, so time management was crucial to the ongoing success of the company.

Pros
Competitive income
Cons
The expectations of the owners are never attainable.
Would not recommend
Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 8, 2017
Long hours, low show rates, little pay, poor management, very little supervision, disorganized, dramatic, everything is through paper rather than electronic except for notes, lots of exposure to trauma with little support
Pros
Bonuses for a certain number of hours billed
Cons
Little supervision, fee for service, dramatic work atmosphere, disorganized workplace, lack of structural support for employees
Was a ok job
Employee Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2017
They offer a open door policy, but in my opinion its really not as open as they say. Working here allowed me to work with many cultures, and at the same time we shared recipes with one another.
Pros
had great events for staff
Cons
Management really didn't support staff
I enjoyed working with students and parents was not a fan how complicated time and transportation forms were.
Student Outreach Counselor (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAOctober 4, 2017
I was assigned clients and did counseling at their homes and observed them in school and in social settings. This part of the job I loved. My supervisor was very helpful and really gave me great insight into clients. I was not in the building often but the people I did work with were wonderful. As anyone knows government paperwork can really drag you down. To resolve the issue of taking away from actual counseling with students and family, I chose to do paperwork at home on my own time as I felt the main part of my job was to work with the families.
I probably would still be there had I not gotten very ill and it took two years to be able to write due to nerve damage.
My other gaps in employment were due to having knee replacement surgeries.
Pros
Wonderful families, great support systems
Cons
all the government paper work which I am very detailed oriented about, but least fun of the job.
A terrible place to work!
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAOctober 3, 2017
If you want beat, scratched, punched, hit, kicked, given concussions, & peed on this is the job for you. Literally locked me & a student out in the hallway to fend for ourselves.
Cons
No benefits, no breaks
Work place
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 27, 2017
I enjoy working for nhs it is a very well kept place you learn new things everyday and u can advance in your career with them they off to pay for you to go back to school
Execellant place to work
Escort residents (Current Employee) –  York, PASeptember 15, 2017
Friendly hard working place. Clients are amazing co worker really define family there. Everyone helps everyone and the place is well kept up tp part..
Super Fun Place to Work
Purchasing/ Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CASeptember 14, 2017
No bad days...working for this company was one of the best life experiences I had. I still have ties to the company that keep the joy of my past employment there alive. I would work for them again in a heart beat. Life circumstances out of my control had me leaving one of my favorite places of employment.
Pros
Judgement Free Atmosphere
Cons
Getting paid while having fun, wait, that isn't a con, it is unheard of.
Interesting Place
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 13, 2017
I've learned to stay who you are and do not allow anyone to change you. The most that I enjoy about this company is the family that come through those doors.
Out in field working with severe mentally ill individuals
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Baden, PASeptember 8, 2017
Went out in field to take check on patients, deliver medications, take to any necessary appointments, shopping, doctors, court hearings, outings, Parole officer check-ins. Created progress reports and individual progress plans.
Pros
Co-workers, pay
Cons
No time to do progress reports in office, had to do at home.
Good
Member, National Honors Society (Former Employee) –  Coupeville, WASeptember 7, 2017
It was great getting to be in NHS. It forced me to volunteer in the community, which was really nice. I wasn't a fan of it right off the bat, but it turned out to be a great experience.