NHS

NHS Employee Reviews

Productive and challenging
Patient Services Assistant (Current Employee), Regent Farm RoadApril 29, 2015
I work a dual role each week were 3 days a week I process electronic patient registrations and deductions received from GP practices. Investigate and correct any data omissions or discrepancies.

Two days of the week I work on Cervical Screening where I monitor and action the NHS cervical screening programme ensuring patients are invited to attend for cervical screening timely and efficiently.

In both roles I enter patient identifiable data onto Exeter system and Solve problems relating to patients and undertake checks as appropriate.
Work with mentally ill residents in lock-down facility
I. Psych Tech II (Former Employee), York, PAApril 20, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: poor management
15 minute checks on all staff and residents
learned professional interaction with residents and staff
management not sufficient
mandated overtime due to staff shortages and poor management
most enjoyable part of job was seeing recovery of residents
hardest part was remembering to do 15 minute checks.
Productive work enivornment
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2015
This position must provide a clean, sanitary comfortable, orderly and satisfying surroundings for the residents,
employees, and public.
PRODUCTIVE WORK PLACE
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Piladelphia PaMarch 13, 2015
Pros: growth
Cons: poor managment
PREPARE YOUR DAY AND OR ACTIVITIES FOR YOU AND YOUR CLIENTS. EVERYDAY IS LIFE LEARNING IN THIS PROFFESION BECAUSE OF THE CLIENTS AND THEIR DISSABILITIES. ITS A GREAT JOB. I LOVE MY JOB. THE MOST CHALLENGING PART WOULD BE IF A CLIENT NEEDS TO BE RE-DIRECTED FIGURING OUT WHICH APPROACH TO US MAY B A LITTLE CHALLENGING. BUT OVERALL A GREAT JOB.
good experience
Family Based Therapist (Former Employee), Carbondale, PAMarch 2, 2015
good experience in the counseling field. Flexible schedule, but long hours. Decent pay. Stressful at times with what the agency expects of you. Felt like they were more concerned with money than providing effective therapy.
Productive work place
IDD/ Direct Support Personal (Current Employee), Washington, PAFebruary 26, 2015
I work in a group home with three individuals. I support them in their every day lives. I clean, cook dinner, do laundry, give them their medicine. I woke with one other employee on a regular basis.
Kind and friendly co-workers.
RN/LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Hoover, ALFebruary 23, 2015
A day at work consists of making sure staff is adequate and managing care of patients. I learned how to complete all my duties in an efficient and timely manner. My co-workers and I work together as a team to accomplish our goals, and we communicate effectively. The hardest part of the job is getting new patients adjusted to their new living situations, it takes consistency. The most satisfying part of the job is when someone who was acutely ill gets well because of our care.
Not an enjoyable place to work
Professional Support Rep (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 12, 2015
Nothing good to say about my employment with this job. Management was not competent and the pay was below livable. the managers did not follow company policies and treated employee like they were not an important to the company.
Love my Clients
DSP (Current Employee), Hibbing, MNFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: time off
I love working with my clients, they are a real different bunch but you never know what there going to do. so its exciting. i love being able to get along with the clients and staff. the hardest part of the job is when a client is upset. I dont enjoy seeing them upset cause part of my job is to make them comfortable and happy
Ok
Residential Support Staff (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: learning new things
Cons: no hours
It was ok not bad just no hours, The staff was cool, It was far out. I could work there not make money or being on call at the time, They me go with out reason when I was calling no response from 'NO ONE', No manager, Supervisor, Nothing...
Grey Guidlines
House Manager's Aide (Current Employee), West Sunbury, PAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: set schedule, client interactions
Cons: dictatorial management, apathetic administration
A typical day includes assisting eight individuals in their daily living activities, and maintaining a safe and healthy living environment for the clients. The hardest part of this job is attempting to follow all of the contradictory rules and guidelines that not only change on a daily basis but that also change per individual client.
Nice people, tough job
Direct Care PRN (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: prns get to make their own schedule
Cons: difficult clients, relatively disorganized managerial/supervisory, somewhat stressful
typical day of work for a direct care prn is to get with a supervisor to determine which client you are assisting for the day. This can be stressful because it sort of is 'wheel of fortune', as you could be paired with a client that you haven't been trained beforehand to deal with. Your co-workers are generally nice, but it seems that there are cliques. Your week training will not adequately inform you of the job necessities and daily routine.
It's been said that people can get scared away from the job, and this could come from the idea that you will be feeding and toileting adults who have the potential to become violent rather quickly.
great people, helping people.
House Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2015
NHS is a very good place, I enjoyed coming to work everyday taking good care of my girls, from cooking to cleaning and even taking them on outing.. everyday things that we as people do to take care of ourselves. I learned to work hard and get alone well with others, I enjoyed working with other employees to make life enjoyable for my consumers.
Colleagues and clients are great managment needs improvement
staff (Former Employee), Feasterville, PAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: clients, colleagues
Cons: management, pay, holidays, schedules
As long as you can avoid management you will have a great day. Clients are great. They have you smiling and laughing most of the day because they really show appreciation when the person caring for them genuinely shows love and respect to them. Most of your colleagues do care for the individuals, more so than the management. Management out of touch with how hard staff works to take care of the clients.
An extremely hard but rewarding job, physically and emotionally.
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee), Worthing, ENGDecember 1, 2014
Pros: holidays
Cons: the hours and shifts are unprdictable
Everyday is different, you never know what to expect and will always face new challenges.
This is a job you could never be bored of.
There are many opportunities to further your education and careerer in the field if you seek them out and are willing to put in your own time and effort.
The management are fair and have many guidelines and laws to follow so you know that you are working in a safe environment.
The hardest part of the job is when you loose patients unexpectedly or ones that you have cared for for a long time. Other hard aspects are being away from from your family on special occasions, working on your feet for 12.5 hours a day for 3 or 4 days or nights in a row.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the small things like a smile from a patient or building a good relationship with someone who has complex needs.
Also, the pay and holidays are good.
Fun work place
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Sharon Hill, PANovember 20, 2014
his is a great place to work. The people and the patients are all very nice.
NA
Direct Care (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2014
NHS is a great company that provide care for individuals with disabilities.
Need Patience
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee), Millville, NJOctober 28, 2014
Need Patience Always a good thing to make people happy taking clients to appointments shopping and to different events
Busy
Business Office Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia PAOctober 2, 2014
Nice working experience
Staff is enjoyable and supportive
Could be a very nice place to work
Mobile Family Therapist (Former Employee), Towanda, PASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: programs set up to serve at risk youth
Cons: staff misuse of job titles.
Each office participates in nepotism. None of the offices are culturally sensitive. They do not stand behind their employees. A family could say anything and staff are let go. The overall programs are set up productively and meticulously it the leaders that operate on their personal feels instead of the policy of the company.

1 2 3 4

About NHS

The National Health Service was set up in 1948 to provide healthcare for all citizens, based on need, not the ability to pay. – Read more

NHS Salaries