NHS Employee Reviews

OK Place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  McMurray, PAFebruary 10, 2017
They have some of the worst management, unless you switch departments you will never advance. nothing is ever completed on time, sometimes taking months to get approved.
Pros
Corporate Credit Card
Cons
everything else
Hard work
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 9, 2017
it is very hard work and very stressful, but it is worth it in the end to help your kids and their families. there is always a wait list of new clients
School
Student/Volunteer Work/Community Service (Former Employee) –  Ontario, ORFebruary 1, 2017
Not a job, but Indeed.com seems to automatically think that it is, due to the community service that was required to graduate. For community service, I helped an elderly woman around her house (mow the lawn, rake leaves, pull weeds) and I helped the school directly by helping to prepare for a large banquet that the school was hosting. I helped set chairs and tables, prepared eating utensil bundles for each guest, and helped serve food once the banquet had begun.
Pros
Community service experience, social interaction
Cons
Mandatory for graduation
fast paced, always on your toes
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  McMurray, PAJanuary 26, 2017
I worked with all non verbal clients so it really taught me how to be more compassionate and learned the meaning of patience with my consumers it taught me the small values of life how meaningful it is to love and experience life accomplishments and milestones.
Pros
being with my consumers
Cons
Bad Management
it was ok
Residential Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 10, 2017
this was my first job. i use to love this place but time as changed. but i wouldnt mind going back there being a manager only
NHS Review
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJanuary 9, 2017
I enjoy working with the clients at NHS and helping the throughout the day with their daily schedules. I usually come to work and take them to places they need to go. For example, Doctor appointments, community services, get meals, etc. NHS is very organized but i'm looking for more hours. Hardest part about my job is dealing with the clients when they have behavior problems. My favorite thing about working with the clients is that I get to learn more about them.
Pros
Free lunches, get to get out in the community.
Cons
no breaks
Management didnt care about workers or clients
HHA (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJanuary 8, 2017
Clients are great but company is horrible. No benefits, constantly changing schedule without notice. They send you into homes to care for people & the homes should be condemned. They don't provide hands on training, you go into the homes without the client knowing who you are.
Friendly staff
PHARMACY TECH/PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Vista, CADecember 28, 2016
Great benefits, staff works as a team. Supervisor makes sure staff and patients are safe. Needs more staff. Always hiring. You must be able to lift over 100lbs.
It is not bad
Senior Information Analyst (Current Employee) –  PaisleyDecember 19, 2016
The work environment is not bad but NHS REALLY NEEDS MODERNIZATION. There is too much room for improvement and it seems like management only needs people with SQL server skills . That is the only skill you need to know.
They do not produce any complex visualizations for dashboards.
How to make pie chart is all you need to know .
Government organization.
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  united kingdomDecember 15, 2016
Government organization. Quality work is recognized and valued by peers and leadership teams. Would recommend to others
interesting
Part time interpreter (Former Employee) –  LondonDecember 7, 2016
I was an interpreter for Iranian in London who could not speak english. in this job i was able to improve my communication skills in a complete professional way
Great company
Program Specialist-IDD residential programs (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 23, 2016
Great non profit company
Good benefits
Paid training
Supportive
hire within
good place to learn
average pay
follows the rules and regulations
nice to work for
Pros
great non profit
Cons
Poor morale due to inappropriate management changes
Control Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Control room Royal Hallamshire HispitalNovember 18, 2016
Although as you see above morale is low , before the current management regime the job and working environment were great. I work closely with the security officers ensuring good communication and back up are provided
Pros
None really
Cons
Not enough work/life balance
Low pay
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2016
tons of overtime was available but pay was terrible. You would have to work an additional 40 hours a week in order for you to have a nice enough pay check