NHS Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
House Manager Aide (Current Employee) –  Jenkintown, PAJanuary 10, 2016
Love this job and love taking care of my elderly patients. The atmosphere is great and I love working with my team! This has been a great learning experience for me and I am looking forward to a successful career in this field.
Very rewarding and active program for special needs students.
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 3, 2015
I loved working 1:1 with the Autistic student. However, it was very repetitive and not a lot of room for advancement, Management was professional. Only complaint was that job was not secure when on a leave of absence.
Not the best place to work
Adult Blended Case Manager, Human Services (Current Employee) –  Sharon Hill, PAOctober 21, 2015
I think you should be explained more, what the job is really about during the interview process. I like the job, but I was expecting something else.
It was an interesting company to work for.
House Manager Aide (Former Employee) –  Telford, PAOctober 14, 2015
The best thing about this job were the 4 ladies i cared for. I loved them like they were my family. They could brighten your day no matter what type of day you were having. It was a real joy coming to work to see them everyday.
Great Team Great Effort making Great Success
RN-Neonatal Sister (Band 7) (Former Employee) –  London, OHSeptember 14, 2015
My work life at Homerton,NHS, UK was enjoyable and is something I would think back and feel happy as well as satisfied.
A typical day at work would be full of smiles caring new born babies providing them a motherly nursing care.
Management learnings include, staffing ensuring the right skill set mixes for the right shift and assigning staff duties.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction i receive, in completion of an assigned task as a team.
My co-workers were cooperative giving their best on any schedule i assign them and making the right adjustments if needed with coordination and a sense of responsibility for any changes they would need on their work schedule.
The hardest part of the job was attending high risk deliveries and risk assessment functions taking most care and precautions.
But, Being responsible and taking the lead role gave me excellent work experience and zest to work harder reaching my career goals.
Homeownership Counsultant
Homeownership Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2015
As a Homeownership Consultant I speak to clients who may be in need of possible assistance as far as foreclosure proceedings are concern. We also make between 150 and 250 calls a day to contact potential clients in hardship.
Teamwork
Program/Organization (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 27, 2015
Alot of teamwork involve and so many good things and benefits comes with it. I learn a lot from my team mates and teachers. they were nice, smart, and helpful. we get to volunteer at many diff. places. and help others. it was a fun program to be in.
Review Summary
Drug & Alcohol Drug Counselor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2015
In a typical day at NHS, the Counselor has the ability to truly making a difference in the lives of those who need extra support in managing their lives on a daily basis. The counselor focuses on helping the client make changes in the areas of life where they believe they have lost their way and are striving to achieve recovery for a brighter future
Pros
Baring witness to clients overcoming addiction by way of their strengths and support systems
Cons
The counselor needs to possess the ability to support client in stages of change
not Bad
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middlesex, NJAugust 22, 2015
The NHS is a challenging work environment that suffers greatly from an deep and difficult and bureaucratic management, there is far to much emphasis on administrators and not enough on the actual care givers
productive
Person Centered Plan/Individual Support Plan (Current Employee) –  phila paJuly 26, 2015
Direct-care workers provide basic care to their mentally disabled, physically impaired or elderly clients. Most work in private homes, assisted-living facilities, nursing homes or hospitals. According to the Alliance for Health Reform, there were 4 million direct-care workers as of 2011. Direct-care aides might work an entire shift with a single patient, or they might work with several patients at once. Some work rotating shifts while others work the same shift every week.
Pros
free fod
Cons
managment
Experience
Assistant Residential Services Director (Current Employee) –  Phila, PAJuly 13, 2015
Nhs gives you the opportunity to learn through yearly trainings. You have a opportunity to gain a promotion within the company if you work hard and network within.
Not a good place to work.
ACT Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 9, 2015
Long hours. Severe burn out and upper management only cares about billing. They don;t care about staff and always criticize. Very high turn over with staff. The job is non stop. No time for family or self. Program assistant, is in a relationship with the Clinical Coord. she is lazy and also a friend of the Director.
Pros
co workers team work
Cons
upper management, program director has no people skills, disrespectful.
productive
member (Former Employee) –  Lancaster PAJune 15, 2015
It was not a job, but it was a club at my high school where I help many different organization such as blood drive, fund raising and volunteers though national honor society club during my high school junior and senior years. It was a great experience, I loved it.
Neighbors Emergency Center
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 1, 2015
This was perhaps the best company I ever worked for. I was tested and challenged technically on a daily basis. A majority of the staff were some of the nicest people I have ever worked with. And leaving was probably one of my largest regrets. However the hours became far too grueling. 70 hours a week tended to be the minimum. 92 hours was not uncommon. I tended to work a minimum of 20 hours a week while on vacation and often had to bring my children in while I worked after hours. This took its toll.
Productive and challenging
Patient Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regent Farm RoadApril 29, 2015
I work a dual role each week were 3 days a week I process electronic patient registrations and deductions received from GP practices. Investigate and correct any data omissions or discrepancies.

Two days of the week I work on Cervical Screening where I monitor and action the NHS cervical screening programme ensuring patients are invited to attend for cervical screening timely and efficiently.

In both roles I enter patient identifiable data onto Exeter system and Solve problems relating to patients and undertake checks as appropriate.
Work with mentally ill residents in lock-down facility
I. Psych Tech II (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 20, 2015
15 minute checks on all staff and residents
learned professional interaction with residents and staff
management not sufficient
mandated overtime due to staff shortages and poor management
most enjoyable part of job was seeing recovery of residents
hardest part was remembering to do 15 minute checks.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
poor management
Productive work enivornment
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2015
This position must provide a clean, sanitary comfortable, orderly and satisfying surroundings for the residents,
employees, and public.
PRODUCTIVE WORK PLACE
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Piladelphia PaMarch 13, 2015
PREPARE YOUR DAY AND OR ACTIVITIES FOR YOU AND YOUR CLIENTS. EVERYDAY IS LIFE LEARNING IN THIS PROFFESION BECAUSE OF THE CLIENTS AND THEIR DISSABILITIES. ITS A GREAT JOB. I LOVE MY JOB. THE MOST CHALLENGING PART WOULD BE IF A CLIENT NEEDS TO BE RE-DIRECTED FIGURING OUT WHICH APPROACH TO US MAY B A LITTLE CHALLENGING. BUT OVERALL A GREAT JOB.
Pros
growth
Cons
poor managment
good experience
Family Based Therapist (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, PAMarch 2, 2015
good experience in the counseling field. Flexible schedule, but long hours. Decent pay. Stressful at times with what the agency expects of you. Felt like they were more concerned with money than providing effective therapy.
Productive work place
IDD/ Direct Support Personal (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAFebruary 26, 2015
I work in a group home with three individuals. I support them in their every day lives. I clean, cook dinner, do laundry, give them their medicine. I woke with one other employee on a regular basis.