Niagara Bottling Employee Reviews

FORKLIFT/MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 18, 2017
It was a vwry organized work enviorment. Get employees and management with room foe growth
Very close family enviorment. I woils like to go back hopefully
September 21, 2017

Thank you for the review and for recognizing our family culture.

Cut throat
Warehouse Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2017
This place was a cut throat environment, the pay was not equal to everyone else in the work place. The company would bring other worker from other companies to do your job.

Not a friendly place to work at.
September 21, 2017

Thank you for the feedback. We consistently evaluate employee compensation to ensure we are competitive within our industry. Our original equipment manufacturers partner with us to ensure our machines are functioning at optimum efficiencies and often provide training for our Team Members. Hard work is expected at Niagara as is a positive and supportive team environment. We are sorry your experience didn’t meet your expectations.

Fast paced, nice faced & friendly enviroment. If you are willing to learn , they are willing to teach you.
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 16, 2017
A typical work shift is 12 hrs. Usually you can get overtime. One of the more impressive qualities of Niagara is if you aren't the type of person that "learns like everyone else", there are Supervisors & Managers that WILL take their time to teach you "in a different way" until you do get the gist of your job. If you are willing to learn, they are willing to put the time into you to teach you.
The most enjoyable part of my job...is learning new aspects of the job, whether its in my department or another department.
Pros
Coworkers, perks, job security, atmosphere
Cons
Pto, Getting paid Semi monthly.
September 18, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for being a part of the Niagara Family. We appreciate everything you do and your eagerness to learn!

dont know what to say
Supply Chain Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 9, 2017
Its a good learning curve at start but after some time it gets stagnant.
luck and favoritism is a key to success. I will recommend bring more innovative ideas and talk louder about it.
September 25, 2017

We are happy to hear about your positive learning experience and are sorry it became a drag for you after some time. We hope that you had the opportunity to discuss this with your supervisor. Many of our tenured Team Members have changed roles or moved departments once they are ready for a new challenge. We try to build lifelong careers here.

Communication is poor
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 6, 2017
They advertise and try to win you with their 180 days of work, but when it comes to layoffs and short-staffed it is mandatory to cover 12 hour shifts. I learned about politics at Niagara more than I did with any other employers. Everyone was afraid to speak up, including HR, because the Director was either bestfriends or family with the leadership team. Management was poor at understanding his teammates. He was known as a "wall" whenever someone talked to him. Very childish when times didn't go his way, pretty much a threat, favor for favor. The hardest part of the job was taking and enjoying an uninterrupted lunch time and breaks. The most enjoyable part was the 3day weekend, when you actually had one. The company is great. The CEO and his family are very generous people.
September 13, 2017

We are sorry to hear about your experience and would like you to know that we are sharing your feedback with corporate management. As you may know, summers are challenging as demand for water is high. There may be times when we need additional support. The good news is that we pay overtime which for some, may be of added value. Thank you for your time.

Niagara
Warehouse/Inventory (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2017
the training program is lacking. You can't do anything until you are trained but there is little interest in training the new people. You need a "card" to start any fork lift. You get the card on day 5 but it won't work except on assigned lift. You will not get an assigned lift until you are trained.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
boring until you are trained
September 13, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Safety is our priority and while we understand your frustration, this is also a demonstration of our commitment to safety. Nonetheless, we appreciate the feedback and will share this with our training team for exploration of potential improvement.

great company, poor managment
Maintenance/Shift Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 30, 2017
very great company to work for, management at phx1 is not on point and manages to disrupt the business and the employees all the time which leads them to high turn over rate and failure
Garbage
Batch Operator (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXAugust 30, 2017
SUPER HOT, machines don't work, pay int competitive, the pay week is set up odd and they cut corners on OT and holiday pay. Only mechanics make good money. i would recommend anybody work here if u have other options.
Pros
a job
Cons
schedule isnt consistent, pay isnt competitive and they cut corners on OT and holiday pay.
September 7, 2017

Thank you for taking the time in writing this review. We understand the challenges of working inside a manufacturing facility, and are trying to mitigate those challenges. We also appreciate you letting us know some machinery doesn’t work. We encourage any Team Member to inform a supervisor about failing equipment. Thank you for your service here at Niagara and we hope you are successful in your future endeavors.

workplace at Niagara
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, TXAugust 30, 2017
to run lines I learned how to trouble shoot problems. Management was ok .The hardest thing was figuring out the problem. Enjoyable was running lines.Culture hot
Long days
DOCK COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAAugust 28, 2017
Use Laser Guided Vehicles. Be prepared to do a lot of walking. I averaged 14 miles a day. Turnover rate is high due mostly to lack of training and very long hours. It is very hot in the warehouse and only two fans on the dock.
Pros
Birthday cake monthly
Cons
Long hours. Very little training

Want to know more about Niagara Bottling?

Ask a question
Start up plant but upper management had no clue what was really happening
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Lunas, NMAugust 16, 2017
I was part of the original crew hired for Niagara ABQ which is actually in los lunas. The management team were all on different pages all the time and when someone makes a claim whether its true or not they fire the other person with no evidence or anything. No commonsense
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
sometimes no breaks or lunches
August 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we are sorry to hear about your experience. We appreciate your contribution to the team during startup as it is a challenging time. As with any new large manufacturing facility, there are a lot of moving parts and some things don’t always go as planned. However, all Team Members should be taking breaks and lunches and if any of our Team Members feel that they do not have the opportunity to do so, we hope that they bring it up to their local HR representative.

Do not work for this company! Unless you know the director! Who is a snake!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 14, 2017
No matter how hard you work management will not care they will push you down and keep you there permanently. They only promote those who are family and close friends. I witness first hand what a horrible place it is to work in, I worked for this company for years and I had an accident and from that point it was downhill. Safety first! And if you get injured there number one priority is to terminate you! So the insurance rate for the company isn't as high. I had no write ups no warnings and they just used a controversial excuse to fire me and the hr lady was smiling the whole time. I gave my heart and soul to this company broke my back for them and they repaid me with termination. If management is reading this all I have to say is may god have mercy on your soul? You people are evil. Do not care about anyone unless they are relatives. Do not work for this company filled with snakes and backstabbers. Leads, supervisors, hr, and plant directors are all united and will get rid of anyone they see stepping out of line.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
August 17, 2017

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We value your candid feedback. We will share this with the local facility and Team leadership. We do not condone favoritism and ask if any other Team Member feels this way that they bring it up to their local HR representative. Niagara takes pride in promoting based on merit and not tenure. Thank you for all of your hard work.

Border line sweat shop.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTAugust 9, 2017
Management is un caring and wants you under there thumb. Want to push you down not build you up. Training is laughable, but promised and your expected to perform with out it. Remember if it sounds to good to be true..... It is.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
See review
August 14, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate the candid feedback and ask that you please continue this conversation with your local HR representative so together you can work on this area of opportunity. We are happy to hear that you enjoy the company of your fellow Team Members and we hope that we can continue improving our training at Bloomfield to better equip our Team Members for success.

Average working environment and below average with communications
Inventory Reconciliation (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WAJuly 28, 2017
After Niagara bought the company communication became very difficult across all areas of the company. Not the worst place to work at but a very frustrating one. Niagara spent too much money sending inventory overnight when it could have been sent earlier when the product was first put on the schedule. The money saved could have been useful with providing pay raises. The benefits were good and their Severance package was more than generous. But gave the impression they felt guilty.
Pros
Supervisors and workers worked well together, benifits were great for everyone, Plant manager willing to help production when needed.
Cons
communication with Niagara's corporate office very difficult, miscommuicated information for those looking to transfer, spent more money sending inventory overnight than nessary.
July 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this thoughtful review. We appreciate your feedback regarding communications as we continue to evaluate opportunities for improvement in that space. As a family owned and operated company, supporting our Team Members through a transition is important to us and we are happy to hear that you felt our severance package was more than fair. We treat our employees like family and do the best we can to take care of not only their own well-being but of their families’ as well which is why we also offer a scholarship program to the dependents of Team Members.

Ok work and steady work
Shift Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Byhalia, MSJuly 27, 2017
Cut throat pace and very fast paced they value saftey until it effects their bottom line then it goes out the window if you are on nights be prepared to not get breaks and get worked into the ground becuase they do not staff enough people on nights.
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
July 31, 2017

Thanks for the review. You are right about Niagara being a fast paced environment as we all work diligently to deliver a high quality product to our customers and consumers. Although, the safety of our Team Members continues to be our number one priority and we are proud of our above average industry track record when it comes to safety. While we appreciate your hard work, a healthy work-life balance is an integral part of keeping safe so we encourage you to please continue this conversation with your supervisor or local HR representative.

Garbage
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2017
This place is absolute garbage! From the plant manager down to the supervisors. Their all a bunch of kiss a@@es, snitches and liars trying to move up. Their pay period screws you out of your over time the and HR manager is useless. The turnover rate is through the roof because management treat their people like second class citizens. If your good at brown nosing this is the place for you!
Pros
It's a job
July 31, 2017

We are sorry to hear about your experience and please know that we do not condone favoritism. We take pride in rewarding our Team Members based on merit and not tenure. We hope that if there are any other Team Members who feel the same as you do, that they contact their local HR representative to report unfair behavior.

Job First. Family Last.
Production Operator I (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 18, 2017
Job can be easy when everyone works as a team, that is not case here. No teamwork. Benefits are horrible. After years working the raise they give you is like a slap to the face. Only thing to look forward to are the days off and even then they are always asking you to come in and it's mandatory! This place could be better, but it's only gotten worse. You've been warned.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Coverage
July 24, 2017

The summers are our peak season and we appreciate your hard work during this busy time. Your partnership in ensuring our customers get their product in time is valuable. We try to remain competitive with pay rate and benefits including overtime. Please know that we continuously review our overall employee compensation to ensure we are within the range for the current market. Please continue this conversation with your supervisor or local Human Resource representative so together, you can address these challenges. Thank you for taking the time to provide this review.

Great
Warehouse Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2017
Enjoyed working at Niagara although it was tough working 3rd shift . Great people and work on promoting within. They do need to however work on their procedures.
July 17, 2017

Thank you for recognizing our people and internal promotion rate. Our rapid growth is what makes Niagara a great please to be. We also have a culture of continuous improvement and are always working to better our procedures, processes and overall efficiency.

Productive goofdenvironment
CUSTOMER SERVICE SOUTHEAST REGION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 12, 2017
Definitely a fast paced work place. The job culture is good. Growing opportunity is offered. Management works well with employees. Overall good environment.
July 13, 2017

Thank you for leaving this review and for leading our Customer Service Team.

niagara co.
Door to Door Sales (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 7, 2017
During my time working at this company i found it a well environment to work along partners to strengthen my skills all around. Overall i would return.
July 10, 2017

Thank you. We hope that you do consider working for us again in the future and refer us to your friends and family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Niagara Bottling. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8