Niagara Conservation Employee Reviews

Enjoyable work environment in stable growth company
Accounting Dept. (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXSeptember 22, 2017
This company has a 'measured growth' philosophy which has allowed it to be successful in its industry. Management gives thoughtful consideration to each strategic business decision and views its human capital as integral to the organization's success. As such, employees' views and suggestions are taken seriously and the culture is one of collaboration and team building. Niagara's staff members are given opportunities to grow professionally and there is an emphasis on continual learning and development. The environment is professional yet relaxed and hard work is acknowledged and rewarded. The recent Great Place to Work label is certainly well deserved in my estimation.
Pros
Competitive pay and benefits, employees made to feel appreciated, good work family balance, strong company vision and business model
Cons
Smaller company so limited opportunities to move within organization
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXSeptember 11, 2017
My team is a blast to work with, and the management is great. Free catered breakfast on Fridays. Great place to intern at (how I started my Niagara journey), and likely a great place to start or continue moving forward in a career.
Niagara has a laid back culture. The benefits are extensive (gyms reimbursement, free food / drinks, events - all the time it seems like, a relaxed dress code, etc). Niagara is also focused on being involved in the community - it is inspiring. I love this place and very impressed/ lucky for this opportunity.
I am definitely learning more in my field and I am excited to see myself grow professionally!
Pros
Great coworkers
Executive (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXSeptember 5, 2017
To start, Niagara Conservation was recently certified as a Great Place to Work. I have been here for a little over 2 1/2 yrs now and management has done a tremendous job of turning the culture around. Niagara provides employees with the opportunity to grow and provides a great environment to hone their craft. Management has done a good job of growing the company and continues to look into new products to add to the existing, highly effective product line. I have actually recommended an old friend to Niagara. I fully expect Niagara to continue to grow both financially and culturally.
Pros
opportunity
Cons
none to my knowledge
Great Place to Work
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Knolls, NJAugust 30, 2017
Family owned and operated and the office vibe is very family oriented.
Great opportunity to grow as they promote from within. If you put the work in it will be noticed and rewarded. I started as a temp for a special program 8 years ago and I have been promoted through the customer service ranks and now I am in sales.
Great Products that help save water and Niagara stands behind them.
They listen to their employees and are always looking for ways to improve for both the customers and employees.
Pros
Jeans every day, great people working here, not another brick in the wall as your ideas are heard
A Great Place To Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Knolls NJAugust 30, 2017
There is a reason why Niagara was awarded "A Great Place To Work 2017". I started few years ago as my first career job and earned opportunities that really helped me evolve into a professional. We have holiday parties and team building events which is always great. The company takes care of its employees who demonstrate hands on hard work and it really does show, especially with the incentives tied into performance. The benefits are great as well as they have great 401k benefits and pretty low cost medical insurance options. As a young professional I had a bunch of options that could have been rewarding as well but I am glad that I got the opportunity to grow and succeed with a company that has vision and opportunities.
Pros
Benefits, Incentives, Pay and workplace culture
Cons
none so far!
Overall Great Place
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXAugust 4, 2017
Overall Niagara is a great place to work. We are able to wear causal clothing all week, we have snacks on Wednesday, family parties, work parties and the environment is very relaxed.

Another great thing about this job is we just became certified as A Great Place to Work!! This means a lot because it was something done by the employees themselves!

A typical work day is intriguing because we never do the same thing. We are always learning new things.

Our work culture is amazing. Everyone is awesome here!
Great Company
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 14, 2016
I've been with this company now for 2 years and a lot has changed from what I hear from employees who have been hear a long time; night and day from then (compared to these old reviews). The managers really listen to you, and try to help you. I am able to train and learn in anything I want, we wear casual cloths (jeans) everyday, get breakfast each week and fruit and lots of fun company perks and events. I also have gotten a spot bonus! This place rocks!
Pros
lots of company perks, great people, great atmosphere, fun to come to work
Cons
Can't wear shorts
Don't even think about it
Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 14, 2016
This place is a joke. Management is awful. Office morale is absent. Would not recommend. President will make you feel awkward. Human resources is not present for any complaints. The work life balance is not important to them at all. Very strict hours.
Horrible
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Cedar knolls njOctober 1, 2015
I have been there over a year. They just let me go. I worked my tail off. The vp of sales takes your commission that is due. Don't work there. The company is going down.
Pros
Cons
Management does not care
Fast growing company with room for growth.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 26, 2015
I work with a lot a great people. The company has a lot to offer. My daily task keep me busy. I learned how to manage my time wisely and grow as a business minded person. The hardest part of my job is multi tasking to assist all departments. I really like being able to interact as my job title requires that of me.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Lack of structure in some areas
Good company to work for
Team Leader of Operations (Former Employee) –  Cedar Knolls, NJDecember 19, 2014
promotes within. Treats employees good. Coworkers are nice. They take there time in training you.
Pros
promotes with in
Cons
little breaks
Not a good company
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 25, 2014
There is a lot of favoritism within the company. There is no advancement and management does not look after their employees.
A nice place to work
Major Accounts Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Knolls, NJJuly 15, 2013
This position created a great opportunity for me in my career to enrich my knowledge and experience.
Disrespectful owners
Operations (Former Employee) –  Cedar Knolls, NJDecember 11, 2012
I worked there a few years ago and was sitting outside of the owners offices. What a bunch of low class, arrogant, mean spirited clowns who literally enjoy watching others be destoyed. The owners kids and posse rule the roost and are arrogant, spoiled little nerds who sneak around until confronted with issues and then scatter like cockroaches. I overheard more bigoted, derogatory, prejudice comments than I could stomach and eventually quit.
Pros
i got to feed my kids with a paycheck
Cons
working for really low class trash
The irony of watching this company go down the toilet
Sales (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 9, 2012
I couldn't get out of this company soon enough. They claim to be conservationists with this new, super cool toilet technology and growing, but in reality they are hanging on by their finger tips and in serious trouble.

The management of this company is a bunch of kids who were left in the candy store as the neuvo riche owner has been off in his pasture counting his $$$. The kids rule the roost and the owner has been bamboozled out of control of the company. Too bad, because he had a great opportunity to actually make a mak in the green technology world, but got lazy and blew it.

I was embarrassed enoigh representing this hoax of a company to quit while I still had my self dignity. Don't fall for their lies, this company is in trouble and is going down.
Pros
6:30 when you can leave after a 10 hour day
Cons
pretty much everything about this hoax of a company
Awful place to work
assistant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAOctober 7, 2012
I worked briefly for this comany and was completely ignored by the owner, who I was hired to assist. The company has no direction, constantly hires and fires people on a whim. The owner supposedly had a growing business at one time, but it is obvious that his son, his buddy and the CFO and the other favorites have driven it into the ground. They pretend to be "green" but are way too busy driving sports cars, buying condos, and jet setting around to really care about "saving the world." I quit after a month when I realized it was a sham.
Pros
being employed for a while
Cons
being dissapointed by a bunch of lies
Terrible work experience at Niagara Conservation - STAY AWAY!!!
management (Former Employee) –  Ft Worth, TXSeptember 29, 2012
I was hired with all the promises and supposed support of the management which immediately turned into a total farce. The owner, his son and the son's friend run the company claiming to be "executives", but in reality they are no where to be seen and hide in the shadows letting everyone else do their dirty work. These owners are frauds to the N'th degree NEVER keeping their promises tot he staff and ONLY doing what is in their own interest. Like many of the other horror stories posted here, I read the negative comments but figured it was a few disgruntled ex-employees and man was I ever wrong. To be perfectly clear, the owner, his son and their EVP buddy do not care at all about the staff and if you go to work there...don't say you weren't warned.
Pros
temportarily thinking you have a future working there
Cons
terrible, apathetic management, culture of fear, sad workplace
Very disappointing
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 25, 2012
I had high hopes when I started with Niagara. You hear all the positive things they are doing and believe them during your interview. However, you quickly learn that its not at all what you thought it would be. Upper management are to busy looking at the profits than to really listen to the employees on how to make things better. But they can't listen to you when they don't even speak to you. And when the profits aren't on target, it's time to let people go to save payroll.
Pros
a few good people.
Cons
lack of clear direction.
Looks can fool you. Reviews are spot on! Horrible place
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 24, 2012
This company is a joke. Your told from the get go "you can be let go at any time no matter how long you have been there". So everyday you wonder who is next. And it has nothing to do with how well your doing your job. You work about 50-60 hours a week, you bend over backwards doing every little thing asked of you. If your new to the company get ready- because you have to go above and beyond to get to know anyone there. And as far as your manager or up the chain- forget about that. This company has their favorites and if your not in that "group" you're hung out to dry. I read all the reviews before going to work there, and figured ok a few people had problems and wasnt going to let that help me in dertermining if I wanted to work there. I made sure I did everything that was asked of me, missed tons of family time in the end to be just like all the others "just a number and let go". Oh this company will help out anyone- if your in that "special group". There is allot of changes going on there, and if you get an interview there, they will pay you and offer you good money. But good pay comes along with a fear of will I be let go, will I ever fit in, they are telling me Im doing great at my job, but here's your box of personal stuff you can leave now..... So before you make that decision- not everyone that has posted a review can be wrong- or be someone "that didnt do their job" as a few have replied back to the post. So good luck if you plan on working there, because that company is in financial trouble- and has tons of turnover.
Pros
your thanked for a good job, your paid well
Cons
can be let go at anytime
Exciting company to work for, lots of upward growth potential, great pay
Sales (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 4, 2012
Face paced environment where talent gets recognized and rewarded. Has issues like any other company but the market is so interesting and dynamic there is never a dull moment. Where else can you make great money saving the environment.

I have been working here for over a decade and have seen the company grow every year. I'm making more every year and some of my other colleagues who work their tail off are doing the same.

Don't believe the negative hype
Pros
growing green market, great pay and benefits, cool products
Cons
small company environment means everyone has to work alittle harder to share the load, everyone works together to get the job done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Niagara Conservation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8