Niagara County Community College Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Excellent Community College Humanities and Social Sciences Division
Professor (Current Employee) –  Sanborn, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Niagara County Community College offers an academic and community culture that promotes service to the community and supports the development of a creative and progressive faculty. The emphasis is upon the primacy of teaching while encouraging research that promotes the mission of teaching and facilitates professional development. Our Faculty Resource Center facilitates extensive faculty interaction with weekly seminars concerning old and new issues in teaching, technology in the classroom, distance learning, problems of multi-culturalism and globalism, etc. Niagara Community College has a well-rounded and extensive course offering in philosophy, literature, social sciences and languages.

The greatest challenge of this job is teaching philosophy to students with less than optimal preparation for such study. This is also however the most rewarding part of the job, namely, helping students to achieve a breakthrough in critical thinking, self-reflection and self-understanding that inspires them to pursue further study in philosophy and the Humanities.
Pros
dynamic faculty.
Cons
administrators who manage and don't lead.
fast paced environment
Assistant Dining Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Sanborn, NYJune 3, 2014
My days are never the same, I'm always wearing multiple hats and attending to a wide range of projects and duties.
I work directly with outside vendors for the college, I deal with staffing issues on a daily basis as well as attending to my daily duties that include A/P, A/R and data entry.
Pros
working with a wide range of groups, such as faculty/staff, students and outside vendors.
Cons
sometimes the hours can be extreemly long
I tutor students at NCCC
Student Tutor (Current Employee) –  Sanborn, NYMarch 7, 2013
I like working there. My co-workers are friendly and fun to work with. I've learned to listen to students problems and present solutions to them in a way that allows them to better learn the material they are studying.
Pros
it fills the empty time between my classes.
Work Study Student, Financial Aid Office (Current Employee) –  Sanborn, NYJanuary 7, 2013
Enjoyed working there. The department is run with great personnel. Did filing, telephones, messages, letters.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
none that i know of
Great experience in the skills lab assisting the lab technician.
Assistant in Nursing Lab (Former Employee) –  Sanborn, NYJuly 24, 2013
Organizing lab equipment for current practiced skills, maintaining lab facility cleanliness and organization, reconciliation of lab medications in the Pyxis system.
Loved working with the students
Campus Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sanborn, NYAugust 2, 2012
I loved helping out the students at Niagara Community College. The staff were helpful and friendly and dedicated themselves to their staff and students.
Nccc
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Sanborn, NYJanuary 17, 2013
I would assist students with college info as well as file paperwork and answer phones
it was okay
Student Worker, Spring Semester (Former Employee) –  Sanborn, NYSeptember 10, 2013
i enjoyed working there.i learned patience and preservence.

4.6