Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

Could be so much more
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, NYMay 27, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Poor working environment
Poorly run facility with tons of potential. The administration is unimaginative and is having trouble keeping up with the dynamic nature of the healthcare environment. Failing in comparison to other competition in adapting and seeing the long run consequences of their action. Still harping on patient volume and cutting costs rather than quality care and valuing their staff. It's a shame, they have so many resources and could do so much better.
A place with many job opprotunities and advancement
Clerk Aide/Physical Therapy Department (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYDecember 11, 2014
Pros: many benefits
Cons: can not think of any cons.
This hospital implemented many different programs to help employees, through in-services, meetings, charity and other ways. Once working in the hospital you had the opportunity to move up in your dept or change your job and work in a different area. Working with patients was very rewarding, especially being able to help them walk again, give them encouragement and see them get better. Most of the employees were very good and caring individuals and great to work with.
Typical day at work
EHR Specialist (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, NYOctober 24, 2014
Pros: people, processes, company
Cons: cold winters, departmental silos
Temporarily relocated to WNY where my family resides, gaining valuable experience while I conduct my Central Florida-based career campaign. I drive EHR patient record compliance and standardization within hospital’s six primary care centers and network of specialists. I train staff and develop SOPs. Also assisting with the IDN’s transition from Practice Partner EMR to the eClinicalWorks EMR. Process – more... includes interfacing with the RHIO (HEALTHeLINK) to facilitate a digital electronic exchange of health information among area providers. Work very closely with all departments within the IDN, especially the STAT and core laboratories.
• Combined with my strong hospital operations and cross-functional skills, I have the unique ability to proactively relate to every provider, contact and department within an IDN, maximizing each opportunity while nurturing mutually beneficial, long-term business relationships.
• Extensive sales and leadership experience in hospital outreach service lines and centers of excellence. Expert in health systems, healthcare reform, and C-Suite relationships.

My current salary is not what I am used to. For the majority of my career I have earned from $80000 to $25000. I temporarily relocated from Tampa Bay to Niagara Falls to address serious family issues that are now resolved. I now look forward to resuming my career in Florida where I have a superb track record and established relationships in the physician, hospital, managed care, corporate and IDN arenas. – less
Motivated and Productive
Case Manager (Current Employee), Niagara Falls Memorial medical CenterJune 27, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no windows in the office
I work with pregnant mothers and or mothers who have children under one years of age. Its my job to meet them where they are in life and at the same time I along with their willingness bring out their greater potential. A lot of my clients have been told what they can not do and or achieve in life. My daily mission is to help them see their worth, potential and then have them put all that new strength – more... in to action. And that action could be a GED, job, college, DV, mental health, or substance abuse counseling etc. I advocate for them and link the to resources that can assist them in their growth. This job has taught me to never forget my struggle to be where I am today and its also taught me to be patient. My Supervisor and co-workers we are all about growth within our selves and our clients. We are a very motivated team. I don't have a hard part of the day. I will say that by the time Friday arrives my adrenaline slowly dies down. And the most enjoyable part of my day is when my clients are ready to be motivated for life, for achievement, growth, for not just themselves but also for their children and family in general. – less
very close knit family
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYJune 2, 2014
Pros: close to home, long enough lunch break to relax and enjoy a meal during your shift
Cons: not much room for advancement
Memorial is an excellent place to work. I wish I would not have left my job there, however I thought I was bettering myself at that time. My coworkers were awesome and my bosses were as fair as they could be. It was a bit stressful at times, but most jobs are.
Only cared about productivity and making units
Behavioral health. (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: union job. good salary.
Cons: management and some very incompetent people on top.
Unresponsive management. Very busy hospital. Only cares about bottom line.
Clerical work
Clerical Work (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYDecember 21, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
clerical work, filed their paperwork, made phone calls to patients.
Mother and baby unit
Mother baby unit Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: bringing new life into the world.
Cons: there was only part time available.
The mother baby unit was broken up by staff into newborn nursery, floor nursing and active labor cases. The staff would rotate areas therefore cross trained in all areas.
Serving trays to patients
Dietary Attendant (Current Employee), Niagara Falls NYAugust 13, 2013
Pros: fast paced makes the day go by quick, vacation time, good pay
Cons: short staffed, hot kitchen, smell
Typical day at work is we are usually short staffed so a lot of us are doing 5 jobs or more. My job usually entitles delivering trays to just to H2, S4, and S2. Lately I have been having to deliver trays to the whole hospital besides our nursing home. After I deliver the trays I go on break for 15 minutes then pick up trays and bring them down to the dishroom where we unset the trucks the trays are – more... in. Typically we are suppose to have 3 people in the dishroom but are so short handed that we only have 2 people in there even 1 at times. Then after that we go on lunch for a half hour and repeat the same process again. I have learned to be more outgoing and socialize with people better since I started there when I was 17. The management is fair. I would say most of the manager do what they can to help out when we are short and need help. My co-workers are pretty good also most will help out when they are needed. The hardest part of my job would be just so being short staffed right now it can get stressful and tiring at times but we always make it through and it works out. The most enjoyable part of my job is serving the patients because some of them get such enjoyment out of getting something simple as a meal. Also we get good benefits and vacation time the pay is also not bad at all. – less
Fun and interesting place to work
Dietary Attandant (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, NYJune 14, 2013
Pros: free fountain drinks
Cons: short staff
Learned how to work in a fast paced environment while using customer service. My employees is very fun to be around and it really makes the job, the hardest part of the job is getting done in a timely manner due to there is not enough staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to laugh everyday with my employees
Fun and interesting place to work
Dietary Attandant (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, NYJune 14, 2013
Pros: free fountain drinks
Cons: short staff
Enjoyed working with so many nice and caring people.
Director Environmental Services/ Laundry (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYApril 9, 2013
Pros: good benifits and many wonderful people employed there.
Cons: no support
A typical day at work was best describe as busy.
I learned Best practice techniques. Closely monitoring for
any cost savings I could provide for the company.
I enjoyed working well and being a team players with so many
employees there.
The hardest part of my job was losing two of my supervisors with out
any replacement.
fun and busy
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYApril 17, 2012
I always had a busy work day, preparing food for patients and cleaning my area when we were done. i had a lot of co-workers, a lot came and went. the hardest part was trying to do everything by a time schedule. the best part was getting to know the nursing home patients.