Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

Always learning new information in a fast pace environment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYDecember 13, 2017
The company is always looking for ways to enhance patient care and that's I what I like most. The staff is all so caring and willing to go the extra mile for their patients.
Pros
Interdisciplinary Teams
Cons
Horrible management, salary and benefits.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 23, 2017
Benefits are horrible and expensive. Management always trying to do more with less, and pinning employees against each other. Management never listens to concerns of employees.
I wouldn't send my dog to this hospital.
Cut throat work environment
Full Time salaried Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 16, 2017
Management encourages cut throat environment. No room for advancement. Workers are turned against each other in order to be in good graces of management. Management does not manage, only defers to other management and vice versa creating a ping pong like situation.
10 hour days are awesome
Patient Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 13, 2017
Understanding, other employees are great to work with. Management is fair. Your PTO is all included in your sock tine, holidays and vacation days. the beat let of the job is 10 hour days... wish we could work from home but as off now we can not
Pros
10 hour days
Fun workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYSeptember 14, 2017
The people are nice the pay was good. The hardest part of the job was becoming friends with someone who would eventually pass away. The management was great.
Ok place to work, my department down sized
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYSeptember 10, 2017
I liked my job and my supervisor but upper management was terrible. I liked my shift but had to leave as they were changed to voice recognition software.
Pros
good pay, good shift
Cons
didn't care for upper management
Feels like a family Work place
Secretary (Current Employee) –  620 10th St, Niagara Falls Ny 14302.August 17, 2017
Very good company ,pleasant atmosphere. I have never had any problems at Memorial. I enjoy my coworkers and how we are always there to help each other out. At this point I'm just looking for a change, I have been here since 2006 and now ready for a new opportunity.
Pros
Great boss, easy to communicate with.
Cons
Healthcare to expensive.
Good company to work for
Nurse aide (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 27, 2017
Good company to work for. They provided an environment to grow and to advance. They also allowed for a friendly work environment. I always enjoyed working at NFMMC.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
little room for advancement
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 12, 2017
I enjoy working for current employer, i like to be of help to my residents makes me feel good to know that i am helping someone who needs it. The hours are good allows me to balance personal life as well as business. The vacation time and pto comes in good hand as well as holidays, there is also always overtime available if needed or wanted.
Pros
Birthday pay
Cons
Requested days
Emergency Medicine Pharmacy Clinical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMarch 22, 2017
NFMMC has a patient centered focus mentality, with excellent people and co-workers. The hospital is continually trying to upgrade and improve quality and add new services.
There was no job secuirity
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJanuary 31, 2017
When working here I was not properly trained for the job that I was hired for. When I brought it up to my supervisor, she told me that I didn't need any training. When I found out that the other people that were hired before me received weeks of training I was told I got the same training as everyone else, but didn't! Every department has nothing but drama in them. Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center lacks in communication and won't help you with advancing or have job security.
Difficult work atmosphere
Program Aide (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJanuary 20, 2017
Working within the psychiatric field which includes dependency issues with adolescents, teens and adults. Retaining those patients who fight or attack other staff.
Pros
Good education
Cons
Pay not commensurate
Learned a lot about case management and working with diverse populations with many different needs.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJanuary 19, 2017
I learned a lot about case management, assisted clients in filling out applications for their needs such as medicaid and SNAP, worked with a diverse population with a variety of issues. Made house visits and assisted clients to appointments.
fast paced
RN-medical surgical unit (Former Employee) –  niagara falls nyJanuary 15, 2017
I have worked mostly night shifts (13 hr shifts) in the hospitals, I have about one year of nursing experience in a skilled nursing facility, and about 6-8 months in the inpatient hospital setting.
A usual day at work involves receiving report, head to toe patient assessment, medication pass, monitoring patient status continuously, blood draw, central line accessing, blood product administration, electrolyte administration, TPN parenteral nutrition administration, glucose checks, etc.
Busy but Organized Enviroment
Dietary Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJanuary 14, 2017
Recorded patient comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary. Assisted patients with any special requests during their visits. Assisted co-workers. Checked the quantity and quality of received products. Cleaned and prepared various foods for cooking or serving. Cleaned heating wells, dishes, work areas, and tables. Good Management and Fun Hard-Working coworkers.
Good co worker's,bad management
Patient Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYDecember 29, 2016
Higher administration doesn't really know what is going on so they come down on supervisors, who come down on you. Some positions include being in a union which is great for job stability but aweful for moving up or to different positions. Seniority rules even if that person has no experience. If you are hired part time chances are it will take you a wile to get full time. Alot of employees are hard working but ofcorse there are a few bad eggs.
Pros
Union positions, salary, fun co workers
Cons
Lack of advancement, administration, sometimes long hours with no appreciation
Urban Area Hospital - take the good and the bad
REVENUE ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYNovember 3, 2015
Supportive management, but internal politics run supreme. Great learning opportunity, wish there was more room for advancement
Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 26, 2015
The over all outlook of this hospital campus as many health care partners is on an upturn and the management team is very employee orientated.
under staffed
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 15, 2015
Short staffing leads to dangerous and stressful work atmosphere. Co workers are great. Management is terrible. Able to experience several areas of nursing practice.
work day at the hospital
Treatment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYAugust 5, 2015
depending on the patient admitted, that will determine how he day goes. I learned that you need team work, The hardest part of the job is you never know what to expect.