Niagara University

Niagara University United States Employee Reviews

People are great, and it's fun to work with them
Sports Video Producer Intern (Current Employee), Lewiston, NYMarch 1, 2015
Shooting and editing videos of student interviews for upcoming games/events of that week. Come prepared and produce the highest quality product possible.
Demanding but very rewarding work.
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee), Lewiston, NYNovember 11, 2014
Patrolling campus, maintain campus safety policies and procedures. Responding to any and all medical calls and fire alarms. This position has taught me how to react and stay calm in any situation also how to have better communication skills with the public. Learned more about the Criminal Justice field laws and penal codes. Co-workers are great to work with. Try to have a good time when at work but also get the job done. Hardest part of job is sometimes not getting the respect of others because of the position I'm in. Most enjoyable part of job is meeting new people everyday.
Got great experience, but didn't make much money doing so.
Web Developer (Former Employee), Lewiston, NYSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great mentorship
Cons: poor wages
Had a great relationship with my co-workers and enjoyed the laid back environment, but if you are looking for the big bucks look elsewhere!
Fun with the Actors and events wotking to please them
Food Service Facilitator (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 27, 2014
Pros: working by my self when too busy
Cons: co-workers working together as a tean, and getting the job done well
Harry M. Stevens taught me a lot , as customer service, I learned that the customers come first, how to handle and irate customer with ,patients and control with the employees as well as managers.
Co-workers, all worked together, were trained for the job my me, they were understanding what needed to be done and we worked together. The hardest part of my job, was trying to get ready for each performance before show time. But the most enjoyable part of the job was the people, the customer service. I always said if the customer is not happy than I am not
Positive place for the growth of young students, however, the pay rate is not competetive in today's growing employment market
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 29, 2013
Pros: the pros of working here include seeing the students move on to their desired major.
Cons: the pay is not competitive working at a private university.
A typical day at work primarily consists of scheduling students appointments to see advisers, managing two calendars for three supervisors and making sure our customer service to the student is outstanding.
I was always a strong believer in superior customer service.
Great opportunity
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYOctober 13, 2013
Great real-world entrepreneurial experience to work with a team.
Technical Experience and a Professional Environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Lewiston, NYJune 26, 2013
Pros: enjoyable lab work
Cons: learning curve
I was able to work the work-study schedule around my class schedule easily. Learned great bookkeeping skills and technical skills I could not have learned as efficiently anywhere else. Made me change my career path towards the end of my college career. My advisor was fantastic and really helped shape me as an individual.
Excellent Catholic University
Senior Lecturer (Former Employee), College of EducationMay 30, 2013
I earned an MS in Administration and Supervision from this fine school, so I have experienced the excellence provided by Niagara University from the vantage points of both student and professor.
Very useful project
Marketing Research (Current Employee), Niagara University, NYApril 14, 2013
Pros: real life application
Cons: time conflicts within group members
I am a full time student at NIagara University. I am currently working on this project in my Marketing Research class. I have this class on Tuesday's and Thursday's. Through this project, I have learned how to perform qualitative and quantitative research. I have also learned how to take a leadership role within my group. There are 5 other students in my group. I take the initiative to plan when we are meeting and to delegate certain tasks to specific group members. The hardest part of this project is finding time when we are all free to meet outside of class. The most enjoyable part is that we are actually using what we learn into real life applications.
wonderful work study job
Training and Research Coordinator (Former Employee), Lewiston, NYOctober 29, 2012
Pros: fast learning trend, helpful managers
Cons: low pay, odd hours that interfere with classes
flexible management with an ability to teach staff to go to the next level. Projects are hands-on and teach many skills needed in the hospitality industry.
great college,not workplace
Plumber (Former Employee), Lewiston,NYJuly 20, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
A great college but not to work in maintenance department. I was never trained properly and what little training I got was incorrect. I was then reprimanded on doing things incorrectly because I did not know the correct way.I was basically pushed out by management by them twisting events around to make me look incompetent or just plan lying.It was borderline harrassment.
Close Community
Graduate Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee), Niagara University, NYJune 4, 2012
Loved every aspect of the job and the supporting departments. You are able to develop strong relationships with individuals in each department.
Work/Study
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Niagara University Math DepartmentDecember 5, 2011
Mostly Tutored which kept my mind working so it aided me in my schooling so I wouldn't become bored.