Niagara University

Niagara University Employer Reviews

Positive place for the growth of young students, however, the pay rate is not competetive in today's growing employment market
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 29, 2013
Pros: the pros of working here include seeing the students move on to their desired major.
Cons: the pay is not competitive working at a private university.
A typical day at work primarily consists of scheduling students appointments to see advisers, managing two calendars for three supervisors and making sure our customer service to the student is outstanding.
I was always a strong believer in superior customer service.
Great opportunity
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYOctober 13, 2013
Great real-world entrepreneurial experience to work with a team.
Technical Experience and a Professional Environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Lewiston, NYJune 26, 2013
Pros: enjoyable lab work
Cons: learning curve
I was able to work the work-study schedule around my class schedule easily. Learned great bookkeeping skills and technical skills I could not have learned as efficiently anywhere else. Made me change my career path towards the end of my college career. My advisor was fantastic and really helped shape me as an individual.
Excellent Catholic University
Senior Lecturer (Former Employee), College of EducationMay 30, 2013
I earned an MS in Administration and Supervision from this fine school, so I have experienced the excellence provided by Niagara University from the vantage points of both student and professor.
Very useful project
Marketing Research (Current Employee), Niagara University, NYApril 14, 2013
Pros: real life application
Cons: time conflicts within group members
I am a full time student at NIagara University. I am currently working on this project in my Marketing Research class. I have this class on Tuesday's and Thursday's. Through this project, I have learned how to perform qualitative and quantitative research. I have also learned how to take a leadership role within my group. There are 5 other students – more... in my group. I take the initiative to plan when we are meeting and to delegate certain tasks to specific group members. The hardest part of this project is finding time when we are all free to meet outside of class. The most enjoyable part is that we are actually using what we learn into real life applications. – less
wonderful work study job
Training and Research Coordinator (Former Employee), Lewiston, NYOctober 29, 2012
Pros: fast learning trend, helpful managers
Cons: low pay, odd hours that interfere with classes
flexible management with an ability to teach staff to go to the next level. Projects are hands-on and teach many skills needed in the hospitality industry.
great college,not workplace
Plumber (Former Employee), Lewiston,NYJuly 20, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
A great college but not to work in maintenance department. I was never trained properly and what little training I got was incorrect. I was then reprimanded on doing things incorrectly because I did not know the correct way.I was basically pushed out by management by them twisting events around to make me look incompetent or just plan lying.It was borderline – more... harrassment. – less
Close Community
Graduate Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee), Niagara University, NYJune 4, 2012
Loved every aspect of the job and the supporting departments. You are able to develop strong relationships with individuals in each department.
Work/Study
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Niagara University Math DepartmentDecember 5, 2011
Mostly Tutored which kept my mind working so it aided me in my schooling so I wouldn't become bored.