Niagara University Employee Reviews

Campus Safety Officer (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, NYFebruary 1, 2016
I am a Lieutenant for the 3rd shift. Pay is good and benefits are very good. Management is supportive and there are hectic days but a great place to work
Dont go there!
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, NYDecember 22, 2015
The physical plant management is putrid..I would look elsewhere for a job unless your really desperate.Game players and politics..Time for Niagara to spend some time evaluating the management style.
Pros
Time off away from the place!
Cons
;Management or lack there of.
Great workplace and Education Environment
Laboratory Assistant, Community Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara University, NYJuly 4, 2016
Diverse group of projects, each with a great depth and an impassioned group of professors figure heading each and often times seeking out individual projects which promote the skill sets of individual students. A lot of responsibility falls on each student to find the next step their project, helping everyone become a stronger experimenter.
Help Desk assistant
Help Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJune 11, 2016
On a typical days work i would come in and check to see if any work was to be done for the day. We would then see if any computers were in need of cleaning if there is then you proceeded with the cleaning. if the phones range we helped either direct them to where they were calling or we tried to answer there questions or fix there technological problems.
summary of Niagara University
Office Coordinator of Student Health Services (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 19, 2016
This is a great private, catholic college. I have been pleased with the atmosphere of this beautiful campus. I have the freedom of walking around campus daily.
Pros
great benefits
Great Team Enviornment
Marketing and Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Athletic departmentOctober 6, 2015
This instituting has allowed me to grow as a professional allowing e to gain valuable experiences inside the industry I hope to be apart of one day and I am very grateful for the opportunity which they have given me. This institution has a great team environment which people work in tandem well and communicate effectively.
great college,not workplace
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Lewiston,NYJuly 20, 2012
A great college but not to work in maintenance department. I was never trained properly and what little training I got was incorrect. I was then reprimanded on doing things incorrectly because I did not know the correct way.I was basically pushed out by management by them twisting events around to make me look incompetent or just plan lying.It was borderline harrassment.
benefits
Cons
management
Great people to work with
financial services assisitant (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, NYNovember 19, 2015
good place to work with great people. beautiful campus, friendly staff and faculty. Students are also great to work with.
Amazing environment with outstanding staffs.
Community Advisor for Resident Halls (Current Employee) –  Niagara UniversityMarch 13, 2015
Very good place to pursue a degree at as well as have some side jobs. As a current student, balancing the school work as well as the responsibilities of the jobs I have taken on I have learned greater time management skills as well as improved my multi-tasking skills.
Positive place for the growth of young students, however, the pay rate is not competetive in today's growing employment market
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2013
A typical day at work primarily consists of scheduling students appointments to see advisers, managing two calendars for three supervisors and making sure our customer service to the student is outstanding.
I was always a strong believer in superior customer service.
Pros
the pros of working here include seeing the students move on to their desired major.
Cons
the pay is not competitive working at a private university.
Good University
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (Former Employee) –  Niagara Univ, NYAugust 28, 2015
Beautiful Campus and amazing professors who help you as much as they can! I enjoyed my time at Niagara University and the friends I made there.
Technical Experience and a Professional Environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, NYJune 26, 2013
I was able to work the work-study schedule around my class schedule easily. Learned great bookkeeping skills and technical skills I could not have learned as efficiently anywhere else. Made me change my career path towards the end of my college career. My advisor was fantastic and really helped shape me as an individual.
Pros
enjoyable lab work
Cons
learning curve
Demanding but very rewarding work.
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, NYNovember 11, 2014
Patrolling campus, maintain campus safety policies and procedures. Responding to any and all medical calls and fire alarms. This position has taught me how to react and stay calm in any situation also how to have better communication skills with the public. Learned more about the Criminal Justice field laws and penal codes. Co-workers are great to work with. Try to have a good time when at work but also get the job done. Hardest part of job is sometimes not getting the respect of others because of the position I'm in. Most enjoyable part of job is meeting new people everyday.
Very useful project
Marketing Research (Current Employee) –  Niagara University, NYApril 14, 2013
I am a full time student at NIagara University. I am currently working on this project in my Marketing Research class. I have this class on Tuesday's and Thursday's. Through this project, I have learned how to perform qualitative and quantitative research. I have also learned how to take a leadership role within my group. There are 5 other students in my group. I take the initiative to plan when we are meeting and to delegate certain tasks to specific group members. The hardest part of this project is finding time when we are all free to meet outside of class. The most enjoyable part is that we are actually using what we learn into real life applications.
Pros
real life application
Cons
time conflicts within group members
wonderful work study job
Training and Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, NYOctober 29, 2012
flexible management with an ability to teach staff to go to the next level. Projects are hands-on and teach many skills needed in the hospitality industry.
Pros
fast learning trend, helpful managers
Cons
low pay, odd hours that interfere with classes
Fun with the Actors and events wotking to please them
Food Service Facilitator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2014
Harry M. Stevens taught me a lot , as customer service, I learned that the customers come first, how to handle and irate customer with ,patients and control with the employees as well as managers.
Co-workers, all worked together, were trained for the job my me, they were understanding what needed to be done and we worked together. The hardest part of my job, was trying to get ready for each performance before show time. But the most enjoyable part of the job was the people, the customer service. I always said if the customer is not happy than I am not
Pros
working by my self when too busy
Cons
co-workers working together as a tean, and getting the job done well
People are great, and it's fun to work with them
Sports Video Producer Intern (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, NYMarch 1, 2015
Shooting and editing videos of student interviews for upcoming games/events of that week. Come prepared and produce the highest quality product possible.
Got great experience, but didn't make much money doing so.
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, NYSeptember 26, 2014
Had a great relationship with my co-workers and enjoyed the laid back environment, but if you are looking for the big bucks look elsewhere!
Pros
great mentorship
Cons
poor wages
Close Community
Graduate Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Niagara University, NYJune 4, 2012
Loved every aspect of the job and the supporting departments. You are able to develop strong relationships with individuals in each department.
Excellent Catholic University
Senior Lecturer (Former Employee) –  College of EducationMay 30, 2013
I earned an MS in Administration and Supervision from this fine school, so I have experienced the excellence provided by Niagara University from the vantage points of both student and professor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Niagara University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2